Archive > TastyTales > Blog > New Years Journal 2017 [Report]
TastyTales

New Years Journal 2017

Posted by TastyTales 6 years ago

Hey everyone!

So, wow. Lot of stuff happening this year in my real life and online life. Friends have come and gone, I've had some wonderful experiences and some crushing ones. I've continued to hone my writing skills and delved into other areas too. All in all it's been a pretty good year as far as things go.

At the start of the year I set myself some goals, here's how I think I did on them.

Regular Content:
Oof, fail. I think I was doing okay at the start but... yeah, didn't quite get this one.

Open for Commissions:
I did indeed! I've got a spiffy new Commissions folder which has all the commissions I've taken so far in it, and I'm looking forward to opening for commissions again soon in the future.

Learn new skills:
I did indeed. I picked up Tyranobuilder and started working on a Spice of Life dating sim to the point where I managed to get a playable demo together, though it's still in alpha stages and I don't really want to release it publicly just yet. I want to see if I can finish the entire story rather than just the bulk of it, but with writing a romance path for each character it might take a while yet.

Finishing the Spice of Life Rainbow Lense arc:
I originally planned to finish this in the first half of the year, but it ended up taking me all the way until the end of it. I didn't want to announce it on the submission itself, but I think the final chapter of Spice of Life is going to be the one I just posted. I feel like I don't want the series to get too long, and while we certainly haven't seen the last of Spice, The Winners or Clearspring, I think I'll be separating the new series from Spice of Life. I've got a crossover planned with blankslate15, so I imagine that will be what I'll be working on next as far as Spice of Life goes.

Write a few mini-series:
Unfortunately not (so close to getting through all my resolutions too!). While I've written lots of one-shots, I haven't created any new ongoing series. From my experience this year, I'd say that I'm definitely leaning more towards one-shots as far as writing goes. There's a lot less pressure involved in them.

So, that was 2017. 3/5 goals completed isn't bad, here's what I want to do for 2018.

New Series
I want to try starting off a new series, and I'd like to see if I can branch out from Pokemon and into writing general furry fiction. I'm thinking of perhaps doing something set in a fantasy world, which I know will require a lot of time and effort, but it'll be a lot of fun if I do it right.

Finish the VN
The dating sim has been on my mind lately, so much so that I've bought some expensive VN software on Steam. I'm hoping to get it finished by the end of 2018, if not sooner.

Practice Drawing
I've been doing a lot of drawing lately and I'm really starting to develop an interest in it, I'd love to get better at drawing as well as writing, so I imagine I'll be putting up a lot more art content over the coming year.

Write a novel(?)
I've found myself wanting to write some longer fiction, something that I could actually publish and sell through a furry publisher. Whether this will be erotic in nature or not I haven't decided yet. It will likely be fantasy or at least something with supernatural elements.

That's all for 2017 from me. I hope everyone has a good New Years. A lot of my friends have had a really hard time this year, it feels like things are steadily getting worse in the world and I don't know when it's going to stop. Support your friends, reach out to them when you need support yourself, don't let small arguments or frustrations keep you from being with the people you care about. Be patient with people who upset you, life is too short to spend your energy on hating people when you could be forgiving them and moving on.

Cheers, and here's hoping for a great new year in 2018.
Comment on New Years Journal 2017

Comments
TheCrystalDemon

Posted by TheCrystalDemon 5 years ago Report

I'd buy a book written by you.~

[ Reply ]