+ February 2014
+ January 2014
+ December 2013
+ November 2013
+ August 2013

Switching from USD to EURO

Permanent Linkby BIGBIG on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:11 pm

Im switching from USD to EURO
and that counts for my commissions as well.This will mean higher prices for you.
I was hoping it won't come to this but through just the last year the USD dropped drastically and now
Im losing almost a quarter of every single purchase what in the end builds up to a lot. With setting the prices to EURO
Hoping to get back to the income that I received before a year.
As soon as USD gets back its stability I will go back selling in USD.

9 Comments Viewed 6632 times
Comments

Re: Switching from USD to EURO

Permanent Linkby madsci on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:16 pm

22% increase to be precise.
madsci
Somewhat familiar

Blog: View Blog (0)

Permanent Linkby BIGBIG on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:20 pm

madsci wrote:22% increase to be precise.

yap. And sadly its still going.
BIGBIG
New to the forum

Blog: View Blog (32)

Permanent Linkby runner on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:12 pm

Oh wow
runner
New to the forum

Blog: View Blog (3)

Permanent Linkby Aleph-Null on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:48 am

I would recommend you keep it in euros. For a long time the euro was considerably stronger than it is now, but there were a series of events that weakened it. Usually a currency would bounce back after a few years, but as things were being sorted, the Brexit happened.

When ever certain markets are in question, people will move currency over to the USD until they think what ever they were investing in is safe again. This causes the USD to inflate in value for a period corresponding to the period of lack of confidence. If the period is long enough, people go invest somewhere else.

Right now, the EU and UK are making some headway on how to get the UK out of europe without fucking up everything. There is a lot of talk about having a soft exit, and individual nations are starting to negotiate with the UK. As a result confidence in both those currencies is returning and the USD is dropping. I would expect the USD to drop quite a bit, somewhere close to the rates around 5 years ago.

The thing is, the dollar and the euro might jump around a lot as things settle, which could mean, that basically any day you could wake up to weird trade rates. It would be a lot easier to just set the price in euros so you know what you are getting.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Permanent Linkby Wolfknight130 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:56 am

Oh crap will this mean the price of comics will go up?
Wolfknight130

Permanent Linkby zoozoo on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:57 am

Just curious, do you live in the EU?
zoozoo
Been posting for a bit

Permanent Linkby BIGBIG on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:14 am

Aleph-Null wrote:I would recommend you keep it in euros. For a long time the euro was considerably stronger than it is now, but there were a series of events that weakened it. Usually a currency would bounce back after a few years, but as things were being sorted, the Brexit happened.

When ever certain markets are in question, people will move currency over to the USD until they think what ever they were investing in is safe again. This causes the USD to inflate in value for a period corresponding to the period of lack of confidence. If the period is long enough, people go invest somewhere else.

Right now, the EU and UK are making some headway on how to get the UK out of europe without fucking up everything. There is a lot of talk about having a soft exit, and individual nations are starting to negotiate with the UK. As a result confidence in both those currencies is returning and the USD is dropping. I would expect the USD to drop quite a bit, somewhere close to the rates around 5 years ago.

The thing is, the dollar and the euro might jump around a lot as things settle, which could mean, that basically any day you could wake up to weird trade rates. It would be a lot easier to just set the price in euros so you know what you are getting.

You described it better than I ever could (Im not a man of words... but pictures XD)
I don't have that much insight in to how int works and what should happen but what you described seems legit. I did feel it big time receiving a lot less income than before.
So yap. Thats why I swapped to EURO. So I know what Im getting.
BIGBIG
New to the forum

Permanent Linkby Walter on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:17 pm

Does this mean commissions open soon?

*Eyebrows wiggle*
I'm not just a pervert, I'm a super pervert.-Jiraiya-sensei
Walter
New to the forum

Permanent Linkby BIGBIG on Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:44 pm

Walter wrote:Does this mean commissions open soon?

*Eyebrows wiggle*

Its happening yes *O*
BIGBIG
New to the forum