The Death of the Author
   Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:47 am
Ko-fi + no Patreon c:
   Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:37 am
Hello :3
   Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:36 am

Ko-fi + no Patreon c:

Permanent Linkby CausationCorrelation on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:37 am

Hey you c: I've set myself up with a Ko-fi account - it's a donation thing :3 If you enjoy my stuff and would like to see me keep doing it, there's the option of sending a few shiny coins my way - I'd certainly appreciate it <:

Here's the link to my Ko-fi page: Click!

In other news: I've pondered really hard on whether I should consider setting up a Patreon for my art, but I'm not gonna do it. It's probably more pressure than I need and also I'm not overly fond of the idea of having a paywall in front of my stuff - I hate it when artists do that o,o and most of you hate it too, right? :b I mean, some of my favorite artists are only doing stuff for Patreon anymore and it sucks :l Now, don't get me wrong though: I respect that an artist wants to get paid for their work, but I prefer to deal with my customers directly and getting paid for the work I do for them. And I like drawing my own ideas - and these are for everyone and not just a chosen few who pay o,o so... maybe the donation thing helps? Who knows? Let's find out :3

2 Comments Viewed 41 times
Comments

Re: Ko-fi + no Patreon c:

Permanent Linkby Bangaa_Dragoon on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:52 pm

I view Patreon as a way for people that are artists for a full time job to help stay afloat. Like the ones on FA that get commission slots sold out fast even though the price is over a hundred dollars. With high demand expensive pics like that I can understand people paying $20 a month to get Patreon only commission slots, price discount and/or a vote for what the Patreon request pic should be.
Bangaa_Dragoon
New to the forum

Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: Ko-fi + no Patreon c:

Permanent Linkby Finetti on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:03 pm

Patreon should be used as a way of funding artists, not as an exclusive club.
Finetti
New to the forum

Blog: View Blog (5)