Archive > StormyRange > Blog > Sprite Commissions still open! + Downer life stuff [Report]
StormyRange

Sprite Commissions still open! + Downer life stuff

Posted by StormyRange 6 years ago

Hi all, not made a journal in a long time, I’ll keep the sprite and downer stuff separate, I don’t wanna mix them together or anything.
So sprite commissions are still a thing, I got a nice influx of interest then it dried up, so thought I’d just say here they’re still available and really quite cheap (Like $6 for a 2 frame animated one)
And you can see the details here
Also Symbol’s game, Retale is going to be coming out later this month! I made a sorta vore advert, or vorevert about it /-u-\
------------------------------------------------------
Downer life stuff
There’s a lot I could say or I could say just what it is, I’m never sure which is best, but basically my mother went into hospital because of some kind of liquid cyst inside her that was pressing on her stomach and organs, making it harder and harder to eat and drink. A week or two later and we’re told it’s StageIVb ovarian cancer (fallopian tube cancer in fact but it’s rare and just classed the same apparently).
Stage IVb is the worst stage, the survival rate being under 20% from what I’ve seen (stage I being a 95% survival rate 5 years after diagnosis).
So she’s been out of hospital after being drained and stabilized, she’s refusing chemo and has been given ‘several months’ to live, if she did chemo she’d have approximately 2 years but she says she’d rather quality over quantity and it’s entirely her decision.
She always wants me to move out because she doesn’t want me to “watch her die” and not get stuck with my dad (with who I have a strained relationship at the best of times) so that may be a thing I have to do soon (planning on moving into with BlangryCat and Symbol if all things go well and we can support each other)
Currently she’s in hospital again, we’ve gone through a lot in a few weeks (like me waking up to her moaning and groaning and crying in the bathroom downstairs because meds causing constipation + a lot of pressure on guts from cyst/tumour = bad times) and not being able to eat or drink for 2 days then vomiting water was what had her go back in. She’s on an IV and has the laptop we bought her that I set up with games and whatnot (though the morphine means she can’t concentrate anyway) and she’s looking healthier (something my dad says at least 6 times a day as if it’s some kind of holy reprieve and she isn’t dying a bit more every day).
I’ve mentioned this stuff to a few people so far and thought it’d be best to just have it here so people know what’s up.
The dreaded question of “Is there something I can do” has cropped up a few times, I’m still clueless how to answer it, I can’t ask for money/games/drawings because that’d just be selfish, it’d be playing off of a negative emotion in someone else that I instilled and plus anytime I saw/thought about it I’d just think of how I essentially manipulated someone. And if I say “Do you have a cure for late terminal cancer?” it’d be a tad rude and we know what the answer would be.
Same with thoughts & prayers really, like wow thanks I’m glad you’re telling me how you plan to make yourself feel better and feel like you’ve helped me despite it just being you mumbling to yourself and feeling like you did something to help rather than just talking to me or whatever, if you care that much then donate to cancer research.
Either way I don’t know what I want, I don’t think there’s a sure fire way to feel better other than to lose myself in things.
Commissioning me for sprites would help but it’s fine if not, no one is obligated to treat me any differently and really I’d just rather stuff remains normal; I’ve noticed either people will flat-out avoid me after hearing about it, get very awkward, randomly post meme videos in lieu of support or start spouting random sound bites of irrelevant advice... I’m sure they’re all trying to help and I suppose it may help some people but not me.
So yeah that’s that, it is what it is and life goes this way sometimes, always has and always will.

------------------------------------------------------

If you wanna commission me for sprites then that’d be good, it’s nice to make people happy and the money goes towards this move in the possibly very-near future.
Comment on Sprite Commissions still open! + Downer life stuff

Comments
FKBone

Posted by FKBone 6 years ago Report

Wow.. thats a tough Situation you are in Stormy. I am not the best with things like that. Saying "i wish all Things go well" sounds for me like i am a total douch and being insensitive. I also cant really know how it is to lose a parent, I lost my father when i was really young. So i didnt fully understand it. I wish i could Support ya tho i am not sure how, gotta think of something. I also hope that nothing stops you to move toBlargyCat and Symbol

[ Reply ]

StormyRange

Posted by StormyRange 6 years ago Report

"FKBone" wrote:
Wow.. thats a tough Situation you are in Stormy. I am not the best with things like that. Saying "i wish all Things go well" sounds for me like i am a total douch and being insensitive. I also cant really know how it is to lose a parent, I lost my father when i was really young. So i didnt fully understand it. I wish i could Support ya tho i am not sure how, gotta think of something. I also hope that nothing stops you to move toBlargyCat and Symbol

Thanks FK, no need to do anything for me, I just appreciate you reading, I hope life without your father wasn't too hard, it's not something I can imagine that easily

[ Reply ]

deleted0h2n92hg6

Posted by deleted0h2n92hg6 6 years ago Report

That sounds like such a tough spot to be in, we've talked about this a while ago and I still can't help but hope the best for you. In case you do get to move out, I hope that goes well and hopefully it won't cost an enormous amount to move out... Mannn I really wish I knew what to say or do. >: I seriously just hope for the best, especially with moving out because that can be stressful.

Good luck with everything mate, if you ever need help or someone to talk to, message me and i'll try my best to help :0

[ Reply ]

StormyRange

Posted by StormyRange 6 years ago Report

"0kc0mputer" wrote:
That sounds like such a tough spot to be in, we've talked about this a while ago and I still can't help but hope the best for you. In case you do get to move out, I hope that goes well and hopefully it won't cost an enormous amount to move out... Mannn I really wish I knew what to say or do. >: I seriously just hope for the best, especially with moving out because that can be stressful.

Good luck with everything mate, if you ever need help or someone to talk to, message me and i'll try my best to help :0

Thanks much friend, I don't think there's much anyone can do, it's just one of those things, don't let it weigh on you too much if you can, everyone needs to look after themselves otherwise they'll not be able to look after others when needed too, thanks for the offer too />v<\

[ Reply ]