Archive > TaiRedFox > Blog > Can you guys help me out? I'm tired... [Rant] [Report]
TaiRedFox

Can you guys help me out? I'm tired... [Rant]

Posted by TaiRedFox 5 years ago

It turns out that turning what was a hobbie for me in an actual job was a mistake, but why would I turn my hobbie into a job?

Context
Well, the context behind is, since the beggining of 2016 to the near end of 2017 I've been looking for a job and I didn't got it and still "unemployed" to this day, but at the time I wasn't so concerned of taking commissions beyond just buying trying to buy commission from other artists that I liked and saving some money to buy a new software to draw and do more stuff such as animations and a new PC, I also still live with my family.

In 2017 I was planing with my mother, since here where I live is hard to get a job we have been thinking about I seek for jobs in other parts of São Paulo, another states here in Brazil and even just try to start a new life in another country, I don't remember exactly why we have choosen the last option, but by October of 2017 we have went to an exchange agency and I'm set to go to Ireland (the option that we could afford at the time), I don't know the day exactly but it will be by the half of October of this year. Since then I've been saving everything I could get with commissions and I've decided to start to put away some things I wanted to draw in favour of working on commissions and Patreon stuff because despite my mother and grandma are helping to pay for me to go on this exchange I'm also helping them by trying to raise around $11.000~$12.000 Reais so I'll have $3.000 Euros that I need to have to show in the airport in Ireland when I arrive.

Now here is the thing... Since 2016 I didn't had many things to do, I have only been watching videos on YouTube, talking with friends and drawing, I like playing games, but since my PC struggles to run almost everything I just decided to quit playing games and stick with drawing, the only thing that works quite well on my current PC, so drawing has been for a while my main form and only form of entertainment, since I've decided to change things into getting more commissions so I can reach the goal of $12.000 Reais by the end of October, I'm struggling to give room for myself to work on something that I'm really interested... It has been working... I think, I'm still $7.000 Reais away from my goal, with drawings I managed to raise $2.000, the other $3.000 I got it after 1 year that I've been working on telemarketing between the end of 2014 to end of 2015.

I think that's enough context...

Anyway, what I really want to say is that I'm not feeling well, I'm exausted and turning a hobbie into a job just made things worst because I ended up taking away one of my main form of entertainment, before I mainly just draw wich I liked, now I'm more concerned in drawing for others to meet the goal for my exchange... Part of me is quite happy with that, cuz now there is always someone wanting to buy something from me, but in other hand I just can't take it anymore I'm tired of being focused on drawing for others, I have plenty of ideas I want to make, gifts and also new things I want to try that I could also make something new that you guys could buy, but almost have no room to squeeze in something I want to do and today I just had enough... Now commissions are closed, I'm going to finish the last ones, I still have the requests that I've taken on my Patreon but at least I'll have time to finish that Q&A that I've opened 3 months ago... and just awnsered 2 questions until now and have 8 more to go...

I'm going to try a new approach, focusing on my Patreon wich I've recently as I've made a journal talking about it's rewards and stuff like that, as you can see there, at the moment I get montly $83 USD, while I'm still here in Brazil, if you guys help me to get $320 USD per month, I'll be getting $1.000 per month, something that I've been trying to get since I've started saving to go to Ireland this year that kinda have been working but I'm now exausted of taking commissions... With $320 Dollars per month on Patreon, despite I would still taking requests there, I at least when I'm done with the requests of all 3 tiers, I could take a 1 month break wich I could use to draw for myself and just chill and relax before going back and take requests again~

So, wanna help me out? It could be with $1 per month wich you can have early access to Patreon content wich btw, the next batch of requests that I'll be opening, when I'm done with all of them, I'll be posting all of them here and in other pages~

My Patreon
Comment on Can you guys help me out? I'm tired... [Rant]

Comments
TheWolfInator3456

Posted by TheWolfInator3456 5 years ago Report

Well, I wish I could support you with money. But I'll always check on your new content, with you the best of luck! ^^

[ Reply ]