Archive > lXlNeMiSiSlXl > Blog > Behind The Scenes - Aleisha [Report]
lXlNeMiSiSlXl

Behind The Scenes - Aleisha

Posted by lXlNeMiSiSlXl 5 years ago

Lore that is.

It's actually been a lot longer than I thought since I'd done anything on here, I've been mostly gaming and wasting time, but I have also been world building in my head during that time. Since I pretty much have Jaz's story refined and she's already got some Lore out already, I've been working on the quiet one, Aleisha.

Regrettably I think the last time we saw her was in Early Bird and she's somewhat now changed since then, not completely though and the short events of that Comic would still be considered canon.

Aleisha's been a tricky one for a while since she does fit in a character trope that has been done to death, at least from what I've seen. She's tomboyish and quite rebellious, and now has a bit more of an Emo/Goth appearance. Over the past week I have solidified her reasons for being a Demoness and why she's (Now) as violent and wrathful as she is. Her temperment has leaned more towards Connor's, but she lacks the craziness and insanity of Connor who's controlled by Nem. She's very cold and blunt to those she doesn't know/want anything to with. She's now also biologically related to Jaz. I decided that having Jaz and Aleisha be actually Sisters before their desent into madness and becoming Demons would be better. I'd considered this for a while, but I rolled with them being close enough to have been considered Sisters up until now. So yeah, they are related properly now.

Aleisha's downfall takes place a few years before the events of Jaz's. Their Father is the common enemy, and both Jaz and Aleisha want to find him, both believing death is too good for him. Likewise, their Mother is a common love. Both the girls admire their Mother, although Aleisha is a little distanced than Jaz, who is head over heels in admiring her. Aleisha can recognise that their Mother isn't 100% innocent either, but she still loves her.

I will hopefully give Aleisha a Flash flick-through like I did with Jaz's lore at some point, but for now, this is a brief look at Aleisha's descent into madness and her becoming the monster she now is: (Subject to change, obviously)

So as I said, these events takes place roughly 3 or 4 years before Jaz's descent, by that time Aleisha was but a memory because of their Father. Aleisha was ultimately thought of as a 'bad seed', she wasn't as successful as her older Sister, Jaz. For a while she struggled to keep up with her grades and classmates, eventually resulting in her dropping out of school. During her time there she only ever made one friend, other than Jaz. The girl's name was Bree and she and her got along very well. As time went by and Aleisha began to fall behind with her schooling, Jaz and Bree helped her with her homework and managed to boost her up to passable scores. Though Aleisha was grateful, she became tired of the School environment in general, which piled slacking onto her already lienient performance. As the end of her 3rd year approached, she failed her subjects. Still friends with Bree, she detached herself from her family for a while, often staying out past sunset with her friend, to Jaz and her Mother's worry. It was around this time that their Mother was spending more and more time away from their home, sick of her husband, leaving only him in charge, who was more interested in Jaz for selling her looks and her high performance at school for his Mayoral gains.

He eventually casted and kicked Aleisha out on the streets, much to her distress. Fearing for her life and not knowing how to earn a living with the low grades she had, she turned to crime for a while, petty theft and eventually murders. None of this she ever wanted or enjoyed and it chipped away at her sanity, the only thing keeping her going was the pay. That was until her last contract was given to her, a familiar face. The scummy hunters had placed a target on Bree, being the Sheriff's daughter, it was show of rebellion. Aleisha declined the Job to their faces and was threatened to be the new target, she fought off the murderers, only to be captured and raped. Her mind was gone by this point, having been kicked out by her Father and now even a gang of murderers, she shambled through the streets in the night, clothes torn and barefoot until she collasped and closed her eyes in tears.

Once she fell asleep she was greeted by comforting whispers and a nice warmth burning within her. Opening her eyes she was greeted by a hooded boy with white hair offering his hand to help her to her feet. She rose to his height before realizing things were smaller around her than before, noticing she had gained a foot and some in height. Her legs wobbled, still hurt. The hooded figure took her to a crooked and old house, fearing her previous encounter might repeat itself, she resisted but was reassured by the figure. Inside she was met by another girl who joined efforts in comforting Aleisha. Though the two mysterious saviours were suspicious, she accepted their food and drink aswell as a spare bed to stay as long as she wanted. Beyond her new environment, she wanted to find her older Sister and her best friend again, hoping they wouldn't be scared of her new form and to apologise to both of them for issues she may have caused, a fire also burned, the back of her mind filled with all the evil and gruesome things she wanted to do to her 'Father' who had kicked her to the kerb.

This is what I have so far, it's probably a bit of a clusterfuck to read, but it'll be polished once I do the write up for her flash slides. Essentially Aleisha is the wrathful one of the three Sisters. She still likes to work out, has a big butt and all the good stuff though, don't worry! ^^;

The events above take her to the present day, with just a little bit of finding Jaz and Bree missing for now, because thats really just fluff for story, rather than determining character points.

So basically this is Aleisha's Lore rework, well creation.. Since she didn't really have much before because I'm slow.. :( She's one of my favourites because her story is grim, there's a lot I can do with her, same goes for Jaz. Izzy's will intentionally be less dark, because I do have plans of more medically hindering things for her downfall than psyche stuff that'll explain her rampant appetite due to an eating disorder she had when Human.

Anyway.. Boop! Here's an update, I know it's been a while, I'm just not in a drawy mood these days.. It'll come back eventually, but I've just been non-stop story bulking in my head whilst I've been playing games, so stuff is happening in my world, just not on the canvas for now..

I've started giving my character's their own music themes as well for the dream of one day doing small 'encounter' comics to show off their abilities. Songs are picked for their lyrics and how relatable they are for their character, it's something that I love and it fascinates me.

I have Jaz and Aleisha in stone right now:

Aleisha - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56eyqSXO3XA
Highlights her rebellious nature and deliberate reluctance to happiness given what she's seen and been through. Currently planned to be encountered at an abandoned highway services station, surrounded by the stumbling Husks of motorists (Zombies) She's made whilst taking out her frustration.

Jaz - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rszEi81v6Ts
Intended as though the lyrics are Jaz's words completely. Describes her battles with her Father after Aleisha was kicked out. Asking herself why she's still trying to please her abusive Father with the Chorus, "So Long Sentiment, It doesn't matter now" being her coming to terms and no longer respecting her Father and "Considered questionable things to get me through it" Highlighting her camgirl months before her descent and "Whispers telling me to erase the rest of me" Being the Taint telling her to let go and give in. Seems like a really good match for Jaz. Currently planned to be encountered at the Park not far from her original home, in the middle of torturing a politician for answers about her Father's location.

Also:

Robyn - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QELD5jo1xYA
Not fully explained Robyn's story yet, but she's the girl who appeared with Connor, his best friend. Lyrics here symbolize her struggle to keep living with Connor and his violent tendancies, killing of people he brings back to the house and general intimidating behaviour. Also descibes how close she is to giving up since she does still have her humanity despite being infected due to an anomaly so she witnesses violence as anyone would.

Connor - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7HJnwRklEA
Should be self-explantory because of the lyrics. It's actually sung from Nem's point of view and his relief of escaping his abuse and torture back home in deep space. He's enjoying his powertrip, having been the weakling since as long as he can remember. Essentially he's a young Night terror who's found his big break by sealing himself in a weaker world, unreachable to his abusive superiors back home, using Connor as a vessel. Currently encountered in a crowded Pub, blended in and openly revealing himself once Adventurers ask for him by smashing his drink on the floor and cockily whining mockingly/jockingly about the disruption of his 'free time'.
Comment on Behind The Scenes - Aleisha

Comments

No comments yet, make a comment please