Archive > Revx_Z > Blog > What the hell do I do after beating Kathaint? [Report]
Revx_Z

What the hell do I do after beating Kathaint?

Posted by Revx_Z 15 years ago

In Cartomancer (see previous entry), Kathaint appears to be the ultimate boss, a dragon with 9000 HP, who single-mindedly claws your leader for ~100HP a turn.
I just beat her through a combination of 1) The Eridassa and Giant Faerie Honey cards being ridiculously broken, 2) The Enchanter being ridiculously broken, and 3) Stupid luck.

Here's how to do it:
-Get Eridassa and Giant Faerie Honey cards
-Enchant a couple of Brightwind's Embrace, Eridassa, and the Giant Faerie Honey down to cost 1 while enchanting your leader up to ~1000 HP (requires ca 22K tokens)
-Build a deck containing the above and a couple of other supplements
-Play Brightwind's Embrace on leader when wounded
-Play Giant Faerie Honey on Eridassa
-Sit back and wait as Eridassa deals about 500 damage/turn to Kathaint.

Inference from this post (Note that the creator doesn't understand the maths and I'm not sure about the game :P) suggests that the first part is by far the hardest: with Eridassa's rarity of 98, (and the same for GFH) you'd need to buy fourteen thousand cards to have a fifty-fifty chance of getting her. Not that this stopped me getting three GFH in the same time it took me to get one Eridassa. :roll:

The only other cards that even approach that rarity are the Twins (95), Solar (95), and XX Trinity (97) cards which duplicate and triplicate certain types of spells. Double or Nothing and a few others are also rare at 90... unfortunately, Double or Nothing is one of the cards you'll want most to get extra tokens.

So.
Technically, GFH is the only necessary bit; you could spend umpteen thousand tokens getting some other girl's strength up to a ridiculous level and then multiplying it by 10 with GFH, but I got the Eridassa fairly early, and so she scythed Kathaint to death.
Now what the hell do I do? Cite my experience from MTG and pester Duamutef to let me be on the balance review team for his next version/game/thing? :lol: (Suggestion: To avoid an utter grind-game based on who has the most tokens, forbid the Enchanter from improving anything above twice its starting power or below half its starting cost.)

And in case anyone is wondering at my inhuman patience doing this many thousand-token shuffles, I saved some time by adding a line to the Card Shop file to let me buy 250 cards at once. :) Here are the relevant parts of the Store.txt file for anyone else wanting them.
#EFFECT, SELF, MENU:PHASE1:Purchase a booster pack of 8 new cards (50 tokens), "MODTOKENS:-50:ECHOMINOR:<br>You tear open a pack of boosters!<br>The following cards have been added to your collection.:SETMYTRAIT:BOOSTERON:1"

#EFFECT, SELF, MENU:PHASE1:Purchase a booster box of 40 new cards (200 tokens), "MODTOKENS:-200:ECHOMINOR:<br>You tear open a box of boosters!<br>The following cards have been added to your collection.:SETMYTRAIT:BOOSTERON:2"

#EFFECT, SELF, MENU:PHASE1:Purchase a booster box of 250 new cards (1000 tokens), "MODTOKENS:-1000:ECHOMINOR:<br>You tear open a box of boosters!<br>The following cards have been added to your collection.:SETMYTRAIT:BOOSTERON:3"

#EFFECT, SELF, PHASE2, "REQMYTRAITEQUALS:BOOSTERON:2:SETMYTRAIT:BOOSTERON:0:BOOSTERWITHREQS:40:REQCOLLECTIONLIMIT:3/TARGTRAIT/LIMITED/TRAITPLUS1/TARGTRAIT/UNLIMITED/TRAITPLUS30:CHANCE:5:SETTRAIT:PREMIUM:1:RENAME:$SIMPLETARGETNAME ]-:MODTRAIT:ENHANCED:1:SETTRAIT:NOMRP:1:RECOLOR:FFED6A:ECHOMINOR:Thingy4:SUBTRAIT:MANACOST:TARGTRAIT/MANACOST/TRAITPLUS0.33/INTEGER/MIN1:SUBTRAIT:MONSTERCOST:TARGTRAIT/MONSTERCOST/TRAITPLUS0.33/INTEGER/MIN1:AMT:SUBTRAIT:HEARTCOST:TARGTRAIT/HEARTCOST/TRAITPLUS0.33/INTEGER/MIN1:ECHOMINOR:SUBTRAIT:GOLDCOST:TARGTRAIT/GOLDCOST/TRAITPLUS0.33/INTEGER/MIN1:REQTRAIT:PLAYER:MODTRAIT:GENHEARTS:1:MODTRAIT:GENMANA:1:MODTRAIT:GENMONSTERS:1:MODTRAIT:GENGOLD:1"

#EFFECT, SELF, PHASE2, "REQMYTRAITEQUALS:BOOSTERON:3:SETMYTRAIT:BOOSTERON:0:BOOSTERWITHREQS:250:REQCOLLECTIONLIMIT:3/TARGTRAIT/LIMITED/TRAITPLUS1/TARGTRAIT/UNLIMITED/TRAITPLUS30:CHANCE:5:SETTRAIT:PREMIUM:1:RENAME:$SIMPLETARGETNAME ]-:MODTRAIT:ENHANCED:1:SETTRAIT:NOMRP:1:RECOLOR:FFED6A:ECHOMINOR:Thingy4:SUBTRAIT:MANACOST:TARGTRAIT/MANACOST/TRAITPLUS0.33/INTEGER/MIN1:SUBTRAIT:MONSTERCOST:TARGTRAIT/MONSTERCOST/TRAITPLUS0.33/INTEGER/MIN1:AMT:SUBTRAIT:HEARTCOST:TARGTRAIT/HEARTCOST/TRAITPLUS0.33/INTEGER/MIN1:ECHOMINOR:SUBTRAIT:GOLDCOST:TARGTRAIT/GOLDCOST/TRAITPLUS0.33/INTEGER/MIN1:REQTRAIT:PLAYER:MODTRAIT:GENHEARTS:1:MODTRAIT:GENMANA:1:MODTRAIT:GENMONSTERS:1:MODTRAIT:GENGOLD:1"

Edit: Fixed a few typos and added a clarifying sentence, then added an edit notice.
Comment on What the hell do I do after beating Kathaint?

Comments

No comments yet, make a comment please