Archive > Jacquelope > Blog > Waaaaaaaaaagh! Uh Whaaaaaat? [Report]
Jacquelope

Waaaaaaaaaagh! Uh Whaaaaaat?

Posted by Jacquelope 5 years ago

Someone asked me a long time ago if fairies were capable of a "waaaaagh". I was not yet fully familiar with this Warcraft 40K term, but I am a little more familiar now.

In the Imperishable Legacy universe, conflicts tend to be rated as the following:

Battle (which with the use of petaton and exaton weapons can be the start and end of a war) - A single fight between armed forces.

War - A protracted conflict consisting of many battles, though it may rarely consist of one.

Crusade - This is very much like a Waaaaagh. A Crusade is a term used by both the Bollars and fairy nations, and later Earth, to describe a series of wars. The Imperishable Empire's many failed efforts to conquer the Bollars fall under the example of a single, ongoing Crusade. The Imperishable Empire has destroyed and fragmented the Siluvaran Confederacy numerous times, only for the latter to reconstitute and become a major menace, forcing the Empire to start a new crusade, roughly every thousand years. The 400 million year conflict between these two fairy nations is often cited as the largest and most devastating example of a Crusade. Often, it is called the Long Crusade. The Imperishable Empire has also considered the fight against fairy-human half breeds, such as the Nivalavi, to be a separate Crusade, running concurrent with the Crusade against the Bollars - indeed they fear the Crusade against the Nivalavi may end in defeat and the extinction of carnivorous fairy-kind. The Nivalavi, in turn, are involved in their own Daelath Crusade - an effort to conquer all carnivorous fairies and convert them into exo-symbiotes. Also see: War Without End.
Comment on Waaaaaaaaaagh! Uh Whaaaaaat?

Comments

No comments yet, make a comment please