Archive > lXlNeMiSiSlXl > Blog > What's happening? [Report]
lXlNeMiSiSlXl

What's happening?

Posted by lXlNeMiSiSlXl 5 years ago

Not a lot, which pisses me off to be honest.

I seem to have completely left the loop and fell into disinterest. I'm struggling to do anything these days beyond a few lines and it really aggravates me. It's been a few months now which is the longest I've had a block for out of the many I usually have, I don't want to say I'll never be back, but right now I'm not ruling it out in all honesty. I still run scenarios through my head for stuff I want to draw, but shut myself down soon after because whenever I open Flash it just pisses me off the first line I draw slightly out of place and it's no longer fun. Taking breaks is something that seems redundant now because I haven't been able to draw for months anyway.

I recently got a job, something I was never happy about to begin with, and now they are taking me on permanently which means my life is pretty much over now. I was happy with the income from commissions, but because it seems to be "socially unacceptable" to not be a slave, I'm stuck with this now. Not sure what hours I'll be doing, all days probably, something that'll sap my life no doubt, meaning no time to draw.

I honestly don't know how people don't fall into art blocks, I log in on here everyday to check if anyone has sent any notifications, to which there aren't any these days, and I still see people consistently posting and going strong. I'm missing something, clearly. Happiness and mental stability probably.

Anyway, thats that. If anyone still comes to my page, hello! Caught me at a bad time, might be just windbagging and I'll be drawing away again tommorrow.. Doubt it though, it's been really long now.

We'll see what happens.

TL;DR - Life.
Comment on What's happening?

Comments
calldahotline

Posted by calldahotline 5 years ago Report

Mental stability is for pansies, insanity leads to interesting art.

In all seriousness, the down-view of people not slaving away at a service job is probably a combination of high-ranking officials wanting a subservient workforce and people jealous that they can't do the same as you. I know I'm jealous. Just give yourself a little time to recoup and you should be right as rain again. You can wear yourself out on even your favorite things, so just relax (as much as you can as a wage-slave) and do something else for a bit.

[ Reply ]

lXlNeMiSiSlXl

Posted by lXlNeMiSiSlXl 5 years ago Report

"calldahotline" wrote:
Mental stability is for pansies, insanity leads to interesting art.

In all seriousness, the down-view of people not slaving away at a service job is probably a combination of high-ranking officials wanting a subservient workforce and people jealous that they can't do the same as you. I know I'm jealous. Just give yourself a little time to recoup and you should be right as rain again. You can wear yourself out on even your favorite things, so just relax (as much as you can as a wage-slave) and do something else for a bit.

It wasn't other people really more family than anything because they want me to earn a living, I had told them I was doing art commissions but they didn't see it as enough obviously. I'm pissed off because the fun area of my life has been stolen by the job, when I was already making a steady income I thought.

[ Reply ]

calldahotline

Living with family? (congratulations, wish I could do the same.) Just offer to pay rent. If necessary, try and move down to part-time work, which gives the steady job income and some time for fun income.

[ Reply ]

lXlNeMiSiSlXl

"calldahotline" wrote:
Living with family? (congratulations, wish I could do the same.) Just offer to pay rent. If necessary, try and move down to part-time work, which gives the steady job income and some time for fun income.

Yeah I live with my parents because getting a house of my own is pretty much impossible in this day and age.

Wish I could stay part time, but they're pretty adamant I get something that pays good.

[ Reply ]

calldahotline

In that case, you could try for an apartment and get some room mates. That's my last guess to try and help your situation sadly, so I wish you well.

[ Reply ]

lXlNeMiSiSlXl

"calldahotline" wrote:
In that case, you could try for an apartment and get some room mates. That's my last guess to try and help your situation sadly, so I wish you well.

I'm happy living with my parents because I have my own room, if I had roommates I'd be having to hide and dodge them when drawing.

No worries though! Thanks for responding~

[ Reply ]

AnominableBreadman

Posted by AnominableBreadman 5 years ago Report

Yea I totally hear ya about the difficulties of finding housing in this day and age. Its not fun. But here's hoping you can maintain your love for drawing matey, and that we'll be seeing you again. All that said, hope you have a great day.

[ Reply ]

lXlNeMiSiSlXl

"AnominableBreadman" wrote:
Yea I totally hear ya about the difficulties of finding housing in this day and age. Its not fun. But here's hoping you can maintain your love for drawing matey, and that we'll be seeing you again. All that said, hope you have a great day.

Thank ya!~

[ Reply ]

cloudrunnerteeny

Posted by cloudrunnerteeny 5 years ago Report

you know if you feel like things are weighing on you you have a friend in me atleast! i know we didnt talk a whole lot ofter the short burst of interaction we had but, i enjoyed your presence and i would enjoy it more if it wouldnt be too troubling for you!
i know well not all can simply talk or lean on the shoulder of someone but the offer is there for someone i wish i consider a friend ^-^

but, regardless, i do hope things get better for you, the door is always open should feel like you need someone to talk to, or even a distraction! we do share a few games afterall ^-^

EDIT:

you know after i posted that it occurred to me that it would take more than a kind few words to instill any sense of comfort into anyone, forgive me for being so brief, perhaps i can offer some likeminded words right out of the gate, you need not heed nor pay attention to them but so long as i can prove that there is atleast one person on this planet who gives more of a shit about your health than your lewds.

dont get me wrong, youre an amazing artist and an even better RPer, but theres simply no use in burdening yourself with such tasks when you feel "not upto the task" the meaning behind those words is different for everyone and it need not be anything significant, significance of problems, value in success, is all laid out by the thoughts of the societies around us... its when you refuse to accept the social norms and carve your own rules (within reason) that things may start looking up!

trust me this is coming from someone who dropped college while it was free because the courses i had chosen were not the life i wanted, it will hurt me in the short term, as i will have to pay for re-education and again for a degree in whatever path i chose i persue, whatever that is i as of yet do not know, but rushing yourself into life will only bring you misery and pain, and bending to the whims of others, especially those who live by social norms, that will make you even more miserable.

forgive me for finding this blog so late as i myself have been awfully sick the past few months, but i wish only to remind you that if you were getting by find on comission work? then you should drop that job before youre bought on permenantly, especially if it makes you even more depressed than you are now.

take it from me, im unemployed (i get paid as a carer for my disabled mother, but i could still work some hours, hours i will not spend on incurring misery), and while i might be under the poverty line, im happier for it.

mental health comes before social health.

even now if you wish to talk to me i shall be happy to spare you the time, i have plenty of it! bar when im sleeping of course x3

[ Reply ]

lXlNeMiSiSlXl

"cloudrunnerteeny" wrote:
you know if you feel like things are weighing on you you have a friend in me atleast! i know we didnt talk a whole lot ofter the short burst of interaction we had but, i enjoyed your presence and i would enjoy it more if it wouldnt be too troubling for you!
i know well not all can simply talk or lean on the shoulder of someone but the offer is there for someone i wish i consider a friend ^-^

but, regardless, i do hope things get better for you, the door is always open should feel like you need someone to talk to, or even a distraction! we do share a few games afterall ^-^

EDIT:

you know after i posted that it occurred to me that it would take more than a kind few words to instill any sense of comfort into anyone, forgive me for being so brief, perhaps i can offer some likeminded words right out of the gate, you need not heed nor pay attention to them but so long as i can prove that there is atleast one person on this planet who gives more of a shit about your health than your lewds.

dont get me wrong, youre an amazing artist and an even better RPer, but theres simply no use in burdening yourself with such tasks when you feel "not upto the task" the meaning behind those words is different for everyone and it need not be anything significant, significance of problems, value in success, is all laid out by the thoughts of the societies around us... its when you refuse to accept the social norms and carve your own rules (within reason) that things may start looking up!

trust me this is coming from someone who dropped college while it was free because the courses i had chosen were not the life i wanted, it will hurt me in the short term, as i will have to pay for re-education and again for a degree in whatever path i chose i persue, whatever that is i as of yet do not know, but rushing yourself into life will only bring you misery and pain, and bending to the whims of others, especially those who live by social norms, that will make you even more miserable.

forgive me for finding this blog so late as i myself have been awfully sick the past few months, but i wish only to remind you that if you were getting by find on comission work? then you should drop that job before youre bought on permenantly, especially if it makes you even more depressed than you are now.

take it from me, im unemployed (i get paid as a carer for my disabled mother, but i could still work some hours, hours i will not spend on incurring misery), and while i might be under the poverty line, im happier for it.

mental health comes before social health.

even now if you wish to talk to me i shall be happy to spare you the time, i have plenty of it! bar when im sleeping of course x3

Heyo! Thanks for the comment! I'm just going through a shitty time right now, I've started properly working in the outside world, something I hate. It's eating into my time around my PC which means less doodles.

But sure, PM me if you want! I can still chat~

[ Reply ]