Archive > ArcaneSigil > Blog > Please help... [Report]
ArcaneSigil

Please help...

Posted by ArcaneSigil 5 years ago

I hate doing this... like REALLY hate doing it. I'd avoid it entirely if I could, but desperate times... I need money. Badly. Not even a lot, just enough to cover a bottle of contact solution, however much that is. Between my mom's job and my job, we just don't make nearly enough to cover ALL of the essentials, such as food, water bill, electricity, internet and heat, let alone things like contact solution so I can see (mom doesn't do contacts). I got glasses, yes, so I can see at night and not have to hassle with taking my contacts out before going to bed (couldn't afford the kind you can wear while you sleep), but I got the contacts specifically so I wouldn't have to wear glasses every damn day.

Here's the slightly longer explanation of the jobs. My mom is a writer for the local news paper. They don't allow her to claim overtime, even though she works all day every day (not on the clock, but writers here double as reporters so she's always on the look out for stories FOR the paper, which means she's still working). She's only allowed to claim 40 hours, despite putting in nearly 120 every week, or more. She brings home, at the end of two weeks, enough for the car payment, bills and some food. I work for one of the local "Family Run" Grocery Stores. It's an Iowa based store called HyVee. Lately, I'm only working 3 days a week, 9am to 3pm. I make BARELY $250 every two weeks and half of what I do make goes to mom to help augment her income for bills and groceries, leaving me with almost nothing left for ME to buy stuff I want or need, such as Contact Solution, let alone food to help take some of the burden off of her when it comes to grocery shopping.

Slight bit of good news... mom had an interview with a newspaper run out of Des Moines the other day, which pays almost three times what she's making now, allows her to claim overtime, and comps her travel expenses if she has to go out of town. When she gets the job (I'm saying when because we've stopped saying if in regards to things like that), we'll be moving and things will get slightly better. For her. I'll have to go back to searching for a job and pray someone will hire me so I can contribute something.

There's my sob story and cry for help. I have a paypal posted on my page. If anyone is kind enough to donate like... $50... that would be a HUGE help. I need a couple of other essentials too, but contact solution is the biggest thing.
Comment on Please help...

Comments

No comments yet, make a comment please