Archive > lutro > Blog > Commissions Update! [Report]
lutro

Commissions Update!

Posted by lutro 4 years ago

I can't believe it's been nearly a year since I've started taking commissions. (I further find it hard to believe how many have reached out to me in order to write them stuff -- first and foremost a thanks to all of you!) When my one year anniversary comes up, I plan to do a little something special for everyone. :) But on to the business: I have a decent amount of commission experience under my belt now, and wanted to update everyone on some changes I'm making to my rule set (found on my Commission Info Page).

Note: This is not retroactive! If you have a commission queued with me then it is still happening, so no worries there.

The Changes

• The types of commissions I'll do will boil down to stuff I like to write. Namely: Oral/soft vore; sex (as part of/before/after vore); mostly ferals (pred/prey) with underage (prey) being allowed.
  • I will no longer do private commissions -- They can still be Anonymous, but I want to post everything I'm writing going forward

On Tightening the Rules
    By and large, I think I'm developing a strong enough base to try and be more selective over the commissions I take on. Over the past year I can count the number of times I've said "no" to a potential commissioner with one hand. Overall, however, I've pretty much accepted any story that's come my way. In retrospect over the past year, I'm finding myself more eager to complete a commission when it's more in line with my personal tastes. Previously, I let most stuff in even if it wasn't something I'd personally set out to read. As long as it had some element related to vore or something I like, I said okay.

But now I want to stick more to where my preferences lie. Writing stuff I enjoy more keeps the commissions flowing more easily. While I've played around with some themes that aren't my thing (willing vore, nonfatal vore, certain anthro characters/designs that aren't my style), I'm going to be a little more forceful with my own preferences for writing.

On Always Posting Commissions
    As summarized above, I want to fill out my gallery a bit more. There can be stretches of time where I don't post anything simply because the requested commission was private. Just to be clear: I'm not going to retroactively post commissions I've done that were private. This is only going forward with incoming commission requests I want to be able to post everything that I write.

What have you done?! RIP Commission/Customer Base
    If this turns out to be a complete and utter disaster and no-one commissions me, I may consider rolling this back. But I wanted to try this out, to see if I can still maintain a steady commission base while also only writing stuff I truly enjoy writing. We'll see what happens during this summer trial period.

As always, if anyone has questions (if you're considering getting a commission from me) just give me a shout! PM me here or on FA, or message me on Discord or Telegram (both posted in my profile). I'm always happy to chat. :) Stay tuned for the special thing I got planned for my one year anniversary in June!
Comment on Commissions Update!

Comments

No comments yet, make a comment please