Archive > Aces > Blog > Had to reinstall Windows. Fuck. [Report]
Aces

Had to reinstall Windows. Fuck.

Posted by Aces 4 years ago

So my computer is fucked again, but at least it doesn't seem to have cost me anything extra to fix it. I will be picking it up this weekend.

And then I have to reinstall everything, so that certainly sucks.

Nothing important is lost, though I did probably lose some progress on my Legend of Peran game that I was fiddling with again. Speaking of I finally found a god damn sprite artist so maybe I'll get to resume that project after all this time. I'm stumped on quests though, and might outsource help for making quests through Google forms or something. More on that later.

Now an update on my stories.
  • Ouroboros continues to pale in popularity. Might end up moving it to Patreon exclusive. I still want to write it but nobody wants to fund it so I'll just give it to Patreon people as an extra perk and very rarely post chapters on Eka's. The main goal of Patreon is funding Guts and Glory being turned into a comic and I feel like I don't give enough stuff to those who do help fund it.
  • Few people care about Dragon Pilot: Red Flag, and I don't care. I'm writing it anyway. You should watch the original Dragon Pilot. It's on Netflix. The vore is really meh but the story is nice.
  • Little Lamia is something I want to take a break from. I'm struggling to press through the current chapters that have been paid for. I want to end the series but haven't decided upon how.
  • Guts and Glory 2 is on Patreon but I plan to start slowly posting chapters here on Aryion, but Patreon will always be far ahead. Guts and Glory 2 is a slice of life thing.
  • I'm in the idea stage of a new story based on a giantess living on a lost and remote Greek colony who gets "rescued" and brought to the modern world. Except she eats people. Oops. Haven't come up with a name for the series yet, or even written a first chapter.
  • Legend of Peran now has two stories. One for Kate, and one for Lani that is somewhat of a prequel to Little Lamia and Kate's story.
Comment on Had to reinstall Windows. Fuck.

Comments
NagaRelic

Posted by NagaRelic 4 years ago Report

Little Lamia could get a simple ending like Guts and Glory,
But either way, I am glad that you are doing alright and still have plans to write more things, your a good writer

[ Reply ]

Aces

Posted by Aces 4 years ago Report

"NaskiTheShark" wrote:
Little Lamia could get a simple ending like Guts and Glory,
But either way, I am glad that you are doing alright and still have plans to write more things, your a good writer

I would hardly gall GaG's ending simple. :P A lot of chaos in those last chapters. Little Lamia's ending should be far less dramatic.

[ Reply ]

Deska

Posted by Deska 4 years ago Report

Could always just have Kira's luck finally run out. That would make for a pretty abrupt ending as the vore in the friends circle ramps up and it goes out on an open ended note for the world.

Following your other stories, so will be interesting to see where things go once that series wraps!

[ Reply ]

Morphy

Posted by Morphy 4 years ago Report

Isn't Win10 able to reinstall without nuking the HD? A sort of... soft reinstall, I guess? (Almost went that route unnecessarily when I found out why the pc was hanging on boot-- the USB headphone had to be plugged into the front USB, not the back, as it was causing Windows to try and poll them and waiting for a response that was never going to happen)

Would probably still have to put back in all the program links in the Start menu again though. Unless there's a way to preserve them too?

[ Reply ]

NymPhD

Posted by NymPhD 4 years ago Report

I would definitely sign up to your patreon for more of your excellent writing, but I have little interest in the guts and glory thing.
Would totally find more chapters if i could afford, but $100 au is more than I can justify. ( not saying it’s overpriced, just more than I can do on a regular basis)

[ Reply ]

Aces

Posted by Aces 4 years ago Report

"NymPhD" wrote:
I would definitely sign up to your patreon for more of your excellent writing, but I have little interest in the guts and glory thing.
Would totally find more chapters if i could afford, but $100 au is more than I can justify. ( not saying it’s overpriced, just more than I can do on a regular basis)

I reduced the amount substantially a while ago so you may want to check again. I have more patrons overall now to afford the comic.

EDIT: Wait, $100AU? Oh.

[ Reply ]

Havoc

Posted by Havoc 4 years ago Report

I have to say LLITBS is probably my all time favourite series from you, even moreso than G&G. just, the writing, Kira's flirty behaviour and her preyslut streak, her friends and how she can be so sweet... i'd be heartbroken to see it end.

as for ending it though, why not just, and hear me out, end it with her moving from bar, to Dancer? Finally ending up with the confidence and skill to get up on stage and show her stuff, as well as be a decent predator? then if you wanted to do more at a later date, just timeskip it, months, years, maybe even switch over to Mithra as the Protagonist? though I would like to see Kira have at least one Pet Session with Illara before then, I think Kira taking that step (metaphorically) into the spotlight and moving on with her career might be a good, wholesome way to end the current series

again, just a thought

[ Reply ]