Archive > Pharo > Blog > Possible Patreon Levels? [Report]
Pharo

Possible Patreon Levels?

Posted by Pharo 4 years ago

Hey everyone!

I hope you all had a good weekend and the new week is treating you well so far. I've been giving some thought to a Patreon and have some up with these fancy Tiers! Nothing is set in stone yet but the ideas seem pretty solid and match what I've seen around on other author Patreon's.

Let me know what you think and I'll update you all if/when I get something set-up.

"P"

Edit: Tiers have been updated with suggestions.
----------

Tier 1 - $1.
- Early access to all finished drafts as their completed before they get publicly posted.
- Access to polls that can determine next story or theme.
- Access to certain Patron only content.
- Access to Discord server once set-up.

Tier 2 - $5.
- All previous Tier rewards,
- Priority queuing for commissions and a 10% discount.
- Access to all Patron only content, such as short stories and finished book chapters
- Free copy of all E-Books upon release.
- Can suggest stories, including theme, plot, setting and even names for characters.

Tier 3 - $10.
- All previous Tier rewards.
- Can set topics for upcoming polls.
- Second highest priority for commissions and a 25% discount.
- Free copy of all physical books, if applicable, upon release.
- Access to all In-Work drafts, for review/feedback or reading pleasure.

Tier 4 - $20.
- All previous Tier rewards.
- Highest priority for commissions and a 50% discount.
- Special credit included on all works, published or otherwise.
- TBD
- TBD

Tier 5 - $100. (This is a joke, but I’m sure someone would want to take it.)
- Sexy Time?
- A steamy pin-up of yours truly?
- TBD
Comment on Possible Patreon Levels?

Comments
Guest14456

Posted by Guest14456 4 years ago Report

Looks wonderful so far !!

But are you sure you will be able to keep up with the rewards of the 20$ tier ? And I'm not sure if I got it right. Is it a free commission per month or just for the first time pledging 20$ ?

[ Reply ]

Pharo

Posted by Pharo 4 years ago Report

Yeah, I was thinking that one per quarter would be better, unless it's a small one. Maybe 1-2 thousand words? I just wasnt people to get their money's worth of it, as $20 a lot.

Maybe I could just offer a larger discount and immediate front of the line spots for that tier.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

[ Reply ]

Guest14456

I can picture that for an artist with less than 15 patreons, but above that number it seems too much. You could manage to keep up of course, but how much time will you have left for your personnal ideas ? But, you know, I have absolutly no experience when it comes to being a patreon artist, maybe I'm wrong. But juging from the other writers, your rewards are incredible X)

[ Reply ]

Pharo

They seem pretty fair, and I can always tweek them as needed. Plus, if things get busy then I'll be motivated to write more and get better at it. That is a good point about not being able to keep up if I got too many patrons.

The big thing is that I want people who donate to feel as though their getting a boof bang for their buck. I've seen too many Patreons where you don't get anything meaningful until you shell out 10 or 20 bucks. Which, to me anyway, seems a bit like a slap in the face to those who want to support you.

[ Reply ]

Guest14456

Yes, trying seems the best option anyway. And in any case it means cheap commission for the first Patreons, so you can be sure I'll be one of them ! ;)

[ Reply ]

Pharo

YAY

[ Reply ]