Archive > Carreau > Blog > Inside the Pred: Perks of making a mod [Report]
Carreau

Inside the Pred: Perks of making a mod

Posted by Carreau 4 years ago

Fallout Vore 3.0 is still rolling along. I've started making alpha builds and getting things in the game. So what exactly have I been so busy doing? Well, for one, I've added a new struggle system for the player! The intention here is to replace the old E to struggle BS mechanic I added way back in early Voremersion. Now, when you're gulped up, you'll be presented with a set of movement directions to commit to memory and repeat. Do this successfully enough times and you'll make a break into the light! Fail too many times, and you become fat on the hips of your pred.

ScreenShot247.png

ScreenShot248.png

This has been a lot of fun to make. There's a ton going on here. The stars at the top of the screen represent how difficult a pred you have to escape. The arrow keys represent your key mapped movement keys (and if you use a controller, the D pad cursors will be used instead)

I've also started working on redesigning the core systems. GluttonousBarbarian has had a TON of great perk ideas. So the entire perk system will be getting a second look. In short, I plan on dividing the progression system up between prey centered perks and pred centered perks. When you level up, you can choose to apply that level towards your prey level or pred level. If you haven't had Nuka Acid, and therefore aren't flagged as a predator, the level automatically goes to prey levels. This should add some variety for both types of players.

I'll do a longer blog post on the core system overhaul and perk overhaul when I have things a bit more cemented.

For now, I can say that I am definitely planning on removing the capacity perks. Instead, a capacity training system will be in place where the more you swallow, you'll gain more capacity over time, with no plans to cap it.

Until next time!
Comment on Inside the Pred: Perks of making a mod

Comments
Badfurson

Posted by Badfurson 4 years ago Report

Sounds awesome! This’ll definitely be the first mod I install on my new PC. Voremersion has been an absolute delight to play, and I can’t wait to see it grow even more.

[ Reply ]

Marpatt

Posted by Marpatt 4 years ago Report

Oh man, I've been silently awaiting Fallout Vore 3.0! Glad to finally see some of the new features!

[ Reply ]

FishWithLegs

Posted by FishWithLegs 4 years ago Report

Excellent Work! I have been following this mod for sometime and i'm glad to see it get this far in development! Keep it up!

[ Reply ]

zerochance117

Posted by zerochance117 4 years ago Report

Can't wait for this also out of curiosity is it possible to do the thing that will let you continue to play as your predator like with the skyrim vore mod or is that something that is not possible in fallout

[ Reply ]

DanalSalmon

Posted by DanalSalmon 4 years ago Report

So by "with no plans to cap it" you mean you could eventually eat up to a bizzaro amount of prey at once? So will this eliminate the current max capacity with the coding "stack"?

[ Reply ]

HippoPOTUS

Posted by HippoPOTUS 4 years ago Report

Epic. A mod for the ages, no doubt.

[ Reply ]

Carreau

Posted by Carreau 4 years ago Report

"DanalSalmon" wrote:
So by "with no plans to cap it" you mean you could eventually eat up to a bizzaro amount of prey at once? So will this eliminate the current max capacity with the coding "stack"?

There will be an internal limit to prevent overflow. Basically, once the array gets filled up, any new prey will be rejected. That limit is 128, but all active prey and their preds take up space in the array. I’ve kept the internal max limited in the past to allow for multiple preds without fear of overflow, but practical feedback shows that favoring the player’s whims is better than an arbitrary limit.

[ Reply ]

sausagepizza0

Posted by sausagepizza0 4 years ago Report

good stuff glad to see your taking it one bite at a time lol one thing that might be good to look at is some kind of animation or something for when you consumed prey the belly just kinda sits there till the prey succumbs could there be an animations of movement or so audio that makes the belly feel or sound a bit more alive :)

[ Reply ]