Archive > Winny > Blog > A question for my fans, for our darling community. [Report]
Winny

A question for my fans, for our darling community.

Posted by Winny 4 years ago

(I've tried to edit the poll to make it work, if you tried voting before, try to vote again and see if it works. If it continues to be a problem I'll try to figure something out. Sorry everyone! ^^;

Hello everyone! Winny the pervert in a frilly dress here to bring you another question!

So I've talked to some friends in the author scene, and some friends that have published works recently. They have said I should toss my hat into the ring of making a book, as in I should write an actual novel.

What I had as an idea is something around hundred pages, and commissioning ten pages of art for the work. One page of art for every chapter, so ten pages of artwork and 100 pages of story.

What I want to ask you all, is that would you all want something like that? You all know my content, the extremes and the conversations and my writing style.

What I want to ask, if I created such a work would people be willing to buy such a piece of work? (This is mostly to cover the costs to the artwork I would commission, ten pages in what I want is roughly 500-1000$ of money.)

But before I dip my toes into such an arena I want to hear from our community, would you all want to see such a work? And would you all be prepared to pay to read such degenerate content?
Comment on A question for my fans, for our darling community.

Comments
no one

Posted by no one 4 years ago Report

The poll isn't letting me vote yes...

[ Reply ]

pizza3695

Posted by pizza3695 4 years ago Report

Did the poll time out?

[ Reply ]

hamletvalley

Posted by hamletvalley 4 years ago Report

If you do I'll write one too.

[ Reply ]

Dracon_Kitsune

Posted by Dracon_Kitsune 4 years ago Report

I love your work, and a long story like that is easily worth $10, I do have some minor concerns, for example, if you put it out on amazon, do I really want it on my kindle account, for anyone to see. And if it is elsewhere, what would be the best way to read it?

[ Reply ]

Winny

Posted by Winny 4 years ago Report

Sorry everyone this is my first time trying to make a poll, so there is some hiccups. I've set the poll for 300 days with the option to change votes and seeing how well that does.

@Dracon_Kitsune As for ways to buy it, I've been thinking about ways to make the book itself seem like a normal book in the eyes of those that see it. From making the title innocent sounding with an innocent looking cover. (Think how fedex's ship sex toys in plain brown paper boxes.) Another thing is I will release it on many different platforms, say on that site called gumroad as well as other sites. I'm very much new into publishing books, this poll is mostly to figure out and gauge interest in such a creation.

Writing a book at the length of 100 pages, and commissioning the art for it is something of a future project! I still need to save up the money for the artwork and write it~

[ Reply ]

sweetladyamy

Posted by sweetladyamy 4 years ago Report

If I were to buy it, I'd want a hardback cover, and only that. I'd also be using non-digital currency (it's all I have access to).
I voted yes, but the caveat above applies, one hundred percent.

[ Reply ]

Winny

Making a hardcover book would def be a dream of mine, but I think I would be starting out as online only. But would be fun to have a physical book as well~

[ Reply ]

doomfister

Posted by doomfister 4 years ago Report

Love your stuff Winny, but I am not one to buy stuff I don't have a very sound idea of what it is. Unfortunately this kind of makes me nearly entrenched in my reluctance to buy either commissions for stories or vore novella as unlike an artwork there is no sound way to give a preview without spoiling half the fun. I am sure others will support you though, as you do great stuff, for me though if I was to get something off you I would dabble in getting a comm from you, the issue is not the coin its the uncertainty, as I am rather generous if I am certain it is my cup of tea as my horde of comms in my gallery show when i am confident in where my brass is going.

[ Reply ]

Altimos

Posted by Altimos 4 years ago Report

I totally would... it's just that, you have a LOT of willing vore. I'm more of the unwilling prey(accident or not), cruel, betrayal, you'll never see the light of day forced vore which always ends bad for the prey... a pile, puddle, or squirted on a wall/in someone's butt/throat <3

I absolutely LOVE... LOVE!!!! I always go back to your Two Girls One Dog Girl writings between 2010 and 2015 versions. The one that I re-read once a month (maybe more), is Two girls one dog girl Part four (2015). OMFG, that was BEAUTIFUL!!! It played out masterfully... just thinking about it is driving me crazy... grrr... calm down, *breathes*

Okay... Anyways... as I was saying, I'm not saying to go back to your earlier works, I want you to keep doing what you want to do... I'm just saying that DAMN, those were some mighty fine reads <3 <3 <3

[ Reply ]

Winny

@Doomfister I totally get that, for the longest time I was the same way. Being super wary of spending money on things that you have no idea if you'll like or not, so I understand. When I get the idea more down pat I will probably explain a rough draft idea ish for what I have planned, and hopefully if its something people like it will sell! ^^

@Altimos Yea, I've been on a binge lately with a more willing perspective to vore, even as it is fatal. That's not to say I dislike unwilling, I absolutely adore it. Generally my "Girls are bad at X" series kinda tickles that itch? But that's not to say the book I write will be a willing smutfest, It will be a story probably divorced from my current universes and something new maybe. It really depends on what idea I settle on. Maybe something similar in the vein of Keys with a group of characters trying not to get eaten, but who knows? This is very much in the planning phase and dipping my toes in to see if our community would simply like for me to write a book.

The plans itself can change, I may go smaller too. hundred page novel may be the third thing I do, maybe a couple smaller novels for cheaper. 5$ for 50k with some artwork, I haven't settled on it yet.

Mostly I just want to hear from people that enjoy my content, and see what they think of me writing something like that.

[ Reply ]

sweetladyamy

"Winny" wrote:
Making a hardcover book would def be a dream of mine, but I think I would be starting out as online only. But would be fun to have a physical book as well~

The main reason besides having a physical copy is that digital stuffs can easily go poof, and if suddenly, there comes a point where all digital files are rendered useless (for any of a massive list of reasons I won't go into), then, that hardback copy will still be there, or wouldn't (necessarily) be affected by the likes of an EMP or a mega solarburst, or... you know...lolz

I mean, having the digital book/pdf or what have ya, that's fine, as long as one has an able reading device...

(not like I'm suggesting you write out your smut on parchment or anything but that's some good reading too lol)

[ Reply ]

Tyslan03

Posted by Tyslan03 4 years ago Report

I tend to stick to short stories (much less time investment) but I'd be interested enough to take a risk on a novella by you. Toss in some pretty pictures and I'm fairly confident I'd be sold.

[ Reply ]

Winny

Well! An update to this idea~

Alright, so I've started a type of character and story chart, but what I have cemented in my idea is about an MC that has been thrown into a type of jail/insane asylum. Where the MC has been convicted of a crime they may have done or not done. But what they do know is they have woken up in a situation that they do not remember being in.

The story itself is a journey esque, where the MC meets, greets, and avoids the characters they come across. In such, the MC has been cut off from the normal world and is thrown into a situation where they have to deal with creatures that have been deemed lost causes. Can relationships bloom in a situation where our MC must escape? Where they must travel up towards the surface where they can finally become free?

Though the tricky situation is the place they are all confined, the longer one stays in the prison they slowly begin to enjoy it. What will win out? The belief of freedom at the end of journey? Or perhaps will our MC fall to the temptation of our hedonistic pleasures?

Fetish? Or Freedom?

Family? Or perhaps friends they have made?

A story that sets to strength test our bonds of family and freedom and perhaps those connections we've made trying to regain our freedom?

Again, this is the early stages. But I can tell you all this is an idea that has left me itching to create a story. <3

[ Reply ]

sweetladyamy

"Winny" wrote:
Well! An update to this idea~

Alright, so I've started a type of character and story chart, but what I have cemented in my idea is about an MC that has been thrown into a type of jail/insane asylum. Where the MC has been convicted of a crime they may have done or not done. But what they do know is they have woken up in a situation that they do not remember being in.

The story itself is a journey esque, where the MC meets, greets, and avoids the characters they come across. In such, the MC has been cut off from the normal world and is thrown into a situation where they have to deal with creatures that have been deemed lost causes. Can relationships bloom in a situation where our MC must escape? Where they must travel up towards the surface where they can finally become free?

Though the tricky situation is the place they are all confined, the longer one stays in the prison they slowly begin to enjoy it. What will win out? The belief of freedom at the end of journey? Or perhaps will our MC fall to the temptation of our hedonistic pleasures?

Fetish? Or Freedom?

Family? Or perhaps friends they have made?

A story that sets to strength test our bonds of family and freedom and perhaps those connections we've made trying to regain our freedom?

Again, this is the early stages. But I can tell you all this is an idea that has left me itching to create a story. <3

Sounds like a great start. Bonne chance, mon ami.

[ Reply ]