Felarya as a videogame,japanese anime,or movie

Karbo's fans goes here!

Moderator: Karbo

Re: Felarya as a videogame,japanese anime,or movie

Postby rcs619 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:07 am

or would involve a micro taking on said eighty-foot nagas a-la Shadow of the Colossus, which, while potentially cool, I seriously doubt would go over well with Karbo, much less any of his fans.

The Isolon Fist would like to have a word with you http://felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Negavian_factions#Isolon_Fist

They're a group of of soldiers and battlemages who's job sometimes DOES involve taking on giant preds, or giant wildlife, or human-sized bandits. They are quite competent at their job too. Granted, fighting a giant hybrid is sort of uncommon (because there just aren't that many of them willing to loiter around near Negav for too long), but you still have to deal with a whole bunch of other highly dangerous types of local flora and fauna, on top of various groups of humans, nekos, inu and elves who work as bandits and such.

There's no real room for an in-depth plot in Felarya, and if somebody tried to implement one, it probably wouldn't be regarded highly (assuming it wasn't ignored completely).

Okay, that statement is not only dismissive, but downright insulting to the people who actually DO try to tell good, interesting stories set within Felarya. Sure, a great deal of the material people put out is overly-focused on the fetish aspects, but there are genuinely good stories out there. Felarya is also a fairly complex world in its current state, and it is entirely possible to tell a story without bringing in a single giant-hybrid, much less vore, at all. There's adventure, danger, monsters, mystery and so on. If you deal with big cities like Negav and Chiotia you can also touch on slice of life stuff, or even stories about crime or political games played between the various factions at work within the cities.

I'd say the single biggest complaint from older members of the community is that there aren't ENOUGH stories out there with good, in-depth plots. There's nothing wrong with someone making an easy little fetish story, but people who take the time to try and tell a good story, with interesting characters and events are greatly appreciated.

So the only way I could envision Felarya existing under any media format would be as an animated dark comedy, one without any real plot and driven more by a blend of fanservice and amusing banter

Then you are not all that familiar with modern Felarya. It has grown much more complex, and quite a bit more balanced over the years.

"Why are they not naked and eating people and dicking around?"

...and you too O: So much misunderstanding about what Felarya is, and what it is actually capable of.
rcs619
New to the forum

Postby demon » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:55 am

rcs619 wrote:
or would involve a micro taking on said eighty-foot nagas a-la Shadow of the Colossus, which, while potentially cool, I seriously doubt would go over well with Karbo, much less any of his fans.

The Isolon Fist would like to have a word with you http://felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Negavian_factions#Isolon_Fist

They're a group of of soldiers and battlemages who's job sometimes DOES involve taking on giant preds, or giant wildlife, or human-sized bandits. They are quite competent at their job too. Granted, fighting a giant hybrid is sort of uncommon (because there just aren't that many of them willing to loiter around near Negav for too long), but you still have to deal with a whole bunch of other highly dangerous types of local flora and fauna, on top of various groups of humans, nekos, inu and elves who work as bandits and such.

There's no real room for an in-depth plot in Felarya, and if somebody tried to implement one, it probably wouldn't be regarded highly (assuming it wasn't ignored completely).

Okay, that statement is not only dismissive, but downright insulting to the people who actually DO try to tell good, interesting stories set within Felarya. Sure, a great deal of the material people put out is overly-focused on the fetish aspects, but there are genuinely good stories out there. Felarya is also a fairly complex world in its current state, and it is entirely possible to tell a story without bringing in a single giant-hybrid, much less vore, at all. There's adventure, danger, monsters, mystery and so on. If you deal with big cities like Negav and Chiotia you can also touch on slice of life stuff, or even stories about crime or political games played between the various factions at work within the cities.

I'd say the single biggest complaint from older members of the community is that there aren't ENOUGH stories out there with good, in-depth plots. There's nothing wrong with someone making an easy little fetish story, but people who take the time to try and tell a good story, with interesting characters and events are greatly appreciated.

So the only way I could envision Felarya existing under any media format would be as an animated dark comedy, one without any real plot and driven more by a blend of fanservice and amusing banter

Then you are not all that familiar with modern Felarya. It has grown much more complex, and quite a bit more balanced over the years.

"Why are they not naked and eating people and dicking around?"

...and you too O: So much misunderstanding about what Felarya is, and what it is actually capable of.

Sorry about that was sort of in a rage at the moment but I'm soooo glad that the creator of fiona is talking to me with your help and others like you we can tell people that what I'm trying to do is very cool and not ruining felarya at all.thank you once more for looking at this post thank you :D
There is light and there is darkness I am the darkness and i am the demon that haunts you in your dreams. beware the shadows for true evil hides in it.
demon
Somewhat familiar

Postby demon » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:26 pm

Changed alot around guys sorry for being a dick I get like that sometimes.
There is light and there is darkness I am the darkness and i am the demon that haunts you in your dreams. beware the shadows for true evil hides in it.
demon
Somewhat familiar

Postby ian66613 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:55 pm

demon wrote:
ian66613 wrote:Will it have first-person stuff, even through vore scenes and whatnot? :D

yeah it will it depends on what scences would be shot from the "victims" perspetive

Well make sure lamias can't do scat :P I believe Karbo's world doesn't allow for it anyway. (Leftovers stored in tail and continue to be broken down for energy.

Soul vore might go to third person when the soul digests. However, I'd rather have a black screen suddenly with "Start over from the beginning" button. But stuff like breast vore, even after you turn into milk should be first-person. After you truly get digested, it would go to the start over button, or spawn you as a soul where you died.

if you want to do a marriage system, this kind of lamia (giant or not) would be quite interesting:

http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post ... &id=203366
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby rcs619 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:42 pm

I believe Karbo's world doesn't allow for it anyway. (Leftovers stored in tail and continue to be broken down for energy

Umm... That isn't right. Nagas, like humans, dridders and everyone else do have fairly normal-functioning anatomy (barring things like fangs, and extra organs here and there depending on the type of hybrid). That type of stuff is just not something that ever really needs to be touched on more than in-passing. No more than most other settings deal with that kind of stuff.

Where did you even hear that? That's about the silliest thing I've ever heard. lol
rcs619
New to the forum

Postby ian66613 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:56 pm

rcs619 wrote:Where did you even hear that? That's about the silliest thing I've ever heard. lol

I've never seen an anus on the outside of a lamia before.
ian66613
---

Postby OrcaSnack-Garth » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:13 am

ian66613 wrote:
rcs619 wrote:Where did you even hear that? That's about the silliest thing I've ever heard. lol

I've never seen an anus on the outside of a lamia before.

Well, they do lay eggs (most of the time), so I would guess they're similar to monotremes like the platypus or echidna, as in they have one opening where they urinate, defecate, and reproduce in the same hole. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monotreme Not completely similar, though, since they're still humanoid.
OrcaSnack-Garth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby demon » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:57 am

rcs619 wrote:
I believe Karbo's world doesn't allow for it anyway. (Leftovers stored in tail and continue to be broken down for energy

Umm... That isn't right. Nagas, like humans, dridders and everyone else do have fairly normal-functioning anatomy (barring things like fangs, and extra organs here and there depending on the type of hybrid). That type of stuff is just not something that ever really needs to be touched on more than in-passing. No more than most other settings deal with that kind of stuff.

Where did you even hear that? That's about the silliest thing I've ever heard. lol

I know right :lol: not to be mean about it but honestly why would some people be concerned about stuff like that.
demon
Somewhat familiar

Postby demon » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:53 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjGSeqv3 ... re=related
just an awsome song to sing before venturing deep into Felarya. :gulp: :-D
demon
Somewhat familiar

Postby ian66613 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:18 am

OrcaSnack-Garth wrote:Well, they do lay eggs (most of the time), so I would guess they're similar to monotremes like the platypus or echidna, as in they have one opening where they urinate, defecate, and reproduce in the same hole. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monotreme Not completely similar, though, since they're still humanoid.

Thanks for explaining, this really helped.
ian66613
---

Postby Maexam2 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:29 am

A Felarya videogame, Anime or Movie?
I don't think it would be good.
I think it would be EPIC!!!
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Filan » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:55 am

hardest thing with making a game is the enemy of all conversions to a video game, balance. unless you made only one species playable you would need to make any of them viable. Current way I see things based on the art is humans are completely helpless in this setting, for a game they would have to even the odds with things like railguns, anti-armor plasma beams, wizards throwing huge fireballs, archers with neurotoxin arrows.
Elven Captain and Owner of the S.S. Hyperion, Hyperion Class Airship Luxury Liner Converted to Cargo hauler
Finest ship to fly the skies of Earth
Filan
???

Postby Jacquelope » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:22 pm

Karbo wrote:Demon : Well I' am very glad the universe can inspire you :) and I have to agree that a Felarya anime would be very neat XP

But to be frank I don't really think Felarya would work in a mainstream media at all ^^;
I have some knowledge on how animation studios and publishing companies work and anything involving full nudity or vore would run into all sort of troubles.. and the same would go for a game company..
So I believe the way to go would probably be to start small, such as flash games or so, and then progressively build from there.

Anime. If Urotsukidoji goes over in Japan's adult marketplace, this most certainly will.

Hmmm. Menyssan vs the Overfiend in Felarya would be interesting...!
Experiment: Will a grenade kill a giant naga by exploding in its belly?
Test #1: Inconclusive. Grenade exploded in naga''s mouth.
Test #2: Inconclusive. Grenade exploded in naga's throat.
Further tests delayed until another live specimen can be acquired.
Jacquelope
???

Postby vore111 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 am

well that would be one of my dreams to see felarya on animation .
anyway it is so nice to be true , but i hope one day before i die :p my dream would be real...
vore111
Been posting for a bit

Previous

Return to Karbo's City