Reverse inspiration to vore.

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Reverse inspiration to vore.

Postby Kurczak48 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:29 pm

Welcome, ladies and gentleman.

For really long time one certain phenomenom bugs my mind...

It's similiar to the topic already created("Preds that were forgotten", or something like that) but I want to go into more general discussion rather than pointing out every single pred-material that weren't used. If there is one exactly like that, I am
sorry in advance, I'll repost it there then as a post.
So, straight from the shoulder, why the most of potential predators aren't actually a thing? I think more than few times a month I've seen amazing predator, just to be deeply dissapointed after seeing how vore fandom didn't notice her/him.

A little more details, among medias, well, we know that most "official" vore happens in japanese creations, and thus a lot of canon predators are present. Yet, there is much less vore with them than with people that are the exact opposite of pred.
As for most of them I usually label those who get in vore-dom pred roles are usually the best preys. I'm not strictly about my point of view, but objectively, most boys and girls who get to be predators in vore, aren't even some sort of gluttonys or people that would ever cause any harm through extreme ways. One example, Kagura from Gintama. She even has scenes that would have vore if not ...censorship? Or whatever. Kagura has scenes where even amateur photoshoper could turn it into vore.(like when she eats so much her belly is so big as if she ate someone alive) Not just those, but she has a scene where she gobbles up all the people around and then sleeps tightly under her futon.(Though they don't show where they "are", but it's very obvious where they went with very little of imagination) And still, she has nearly no vore-love at all.
But that's about examples, I don't want to turn it into topic mentioned in second paragraph.

So what is it all about? Why it is mostly done the opposite? What is this law of vore-hipster?

Your thoughts? Because I can't understand clearly why. I know it happens, but some spotlight, especially from people that create vore fanarts.
Kurczak48
Been posting for a bit

Postby sinsnail » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:23 pm

Last edited by sinsnail on Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
sinsnail
Been posting for a bit

Re: Reverse inspiration to vore.

Postby Bright » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:19 pm

Kurczak48 wrote: Not just those, but she has a scene where she gobbles up all the people around and then sleeps tightly under her futon.(Though they don't show where they "are", but it's very obvious where they went with very little of imagination)

I want to see this.

Guu from hare Guu comes to mind as well.

Thoughts that come to mind:
1. Character needs to be well known.
2. Character needs to be liked enough for someone to draw the character or commission someone to draw them.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Kurczak48 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:47 pm

sinsnail wrote:I never really understood why characters that lend themselves so easily to vore just don't get the artwork they sort of deserve because all the vore subtext you need is right there. Hell, I'm not even into female preds but even I can grasp that Kagura is pretty much tailor made for vore so it is pretty mysterious that there's no vore artwork of her. Sometimes I wonder if it's because characters that vore things in canon are harder to draw for whatever reason - it sounds silly, but maybe ?

Yup, there are tons more of canon preds...Other than mentioned, from the show I've seen recently( "Needless") main antagonist literally eats some people alive right away, though it's a little gruesome due to the fact that victims were drawn by some sort of branches(Got hard time naming those). There is also Eve Neuschwanstein, protagonist that has the ability to shift her body form, and to maintain her abilities she must have tons of calories(In series there are, very conveniently, super fat 5000 kcal drinks). That character alone screams for vore scenarios. She also has quite a temperament that makes even those most lazy scenarios like "I ate you because I felt like it" viable to her.
I wonder mostly about characters that are great vore material, but aren't canon preds.
Bright wrote:
Kurczak48 wrote: Not just those, but she has a scene where she gobbles up all the people around and then sleeps tightly under her futon.(Though they don't show where they "are", but it's very obvious where they went with very little of imagination)

I want to see this.

Guu from hare Guu comes to mind as well.

Thoughts that come to mind:
1. Character needs to be well known.
2. Character needs to be liked enough for someone to draw the character or commission someone to draw them.

Haha, I knew someone will ask for that, but I watched Gintama quite long time ago, so I don't remember the episode. I can only tell you that there were at least 2 such situations, one where she was sleeping next to princess, and second at Yorozuya (I'm pretty sure the 2nd is from first season). First scene had many people as victims, and second only few(Gintoki for sure as far as I remember).

Yes, I was wondering about that. But mentioned Kagura is not only from one of the most famous anime there are, but she's also very high on Gintama's popularity ranking. So those two points don't apply to many characters.
Nevermind that,
Kurczak48
Been posting for a bit

Postby coop500 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:48 pm

I admit i'm a bit confused on what this topic is asking that's different than talking about specific predators... Maybe i'm just being dense.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Cowrie » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:33 pm

coop500 wrote:I admit i'm a bit confused on what this topic is asking that's different than talking about specific predators... Maybe i'm just being dense.

It's not just you. I'm similarly confused.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby coop500 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:56 pm

After quitting Elder Scrolls Online and reading it again, I think the OP is asking why people seem to prefer characters that don't really have the personality to be a predator, over people that are predator material personality/power wise.

But I could be totally wrong.

Assuming I am correct, my guess is the same as to why table turning is pretty popular these days, people are super focused on 'being different' these days, so much that breaking stereotypes has become a stereotype in itself, in my eyes anyway. People are bored with cat eat mouse, now it's all about mouse eats cat, not the case for me but just something I noticed. Personally I much rather have preds that look, act and feel very much like preds.

But in the end, it's all pretty subjective, what makes a predator to be exact? Well, that depends on who you ask, so the idea of who 'should' be a predator varies and the line gets blurry. Granted some things are set in stone and pretty obvious unless you're going th direct table turning route, but not everything.

All in all though, the OP's post is maybe a wee hard to read, perhaps a rewording could help keep this topic on the right track, assuming I even got close to what the OP is asking. Which I'm not really sure if I did or not.
coop500
???

Postby RediQ » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:09 pm

coop500 wrote:I admit i'm a bit confused on what this topic is asking that's different than talking about specific predators... Maybe i'm just being dense.

I think their intent is to talk about characters that are obviously preds or pred-like but for some reason have never caught on with the vore community. As opposed to the "characters that vore forgot" type thread where people just list anyone they wish they could see in vore scenarios, I guess...

For example, the first two posters mention characters who are explicitly really gluttonous (to the point of potentially eating people) even in their own canon stories. Natural preds who for some reason don't have much/any pred art or aren't popular as preds. Hopefully I've got that right, it took me a few readings to figure out too, since the wording is kind of odd.

As for my own contribution, the series is a little too new to say if she's gonna be ignored or not, but I would really love to see 02 from the anime Darling in the Franxx get attention as a pred. She's not quite as explicitly pred-like as the other characters mentioned so far, more just dominant in a traditional way, but she's got scenes that show her as both carnivorous and a lover of sweets... Not to mention the part where she licks and tastes people sometimes, which is still more vorish behavior than most fictional characters get.
RediQ
Participator

Postby coop500 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:25 pm

If that's the case I'd be happy to fangirl about Lucifer again because I feel he does have some severe predatory aspects about him. Butttt I shouldn't lol, I done it plenty of times.
coop500
???

Postby sinsnail » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:51 am

Last edited by sinsnail on Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
sinsnail
Been posting for a bit

Postby Kurczak48 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:02 am

Rather than examples of specific characters in various series, I ask about "kinds" of predators that, even while being quite famous(not only in fandom), aren't popular around vore.

I asked about more general thoughts why....let's say "Great predator material" characters don't get the love they deserve from people who are most into the fetish those characters represent.

There is nothing wrong in putting forward some specific ones, but the main point was to get some wider view, rather than focusing on each single of them.

I hope that did clear it a little. ^^;

P.S.: Yes, first and second sentences are different things. I'd like to hear some thoughts about both of them.
Kurczak48
Been posting for a bit

Postby coop500 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:15 am

Kurczak48 wrote:

Rather than examples of specific characters in various series, I ask about "kinds" of predators that, even while being quite famous(not only in fandom), aren't popular around vore.

I asked about more general thoughts why....let's say "Great predator material" characters don't get the love they deserve from people who are most into the fetish those characters represent.

There is nothing wrong in putting forward some specific ones, but the main point was to get some wider view, rather than focusing on each single of them.

I hope that did clear it a little. ^^;

P.S.: Yes, first and second sentences are different things. I'd like to hear some thoughts about both of them.

Well I admit I don't really watch 80% of what's popular, nor do I play what's popular. I don't like anime or anything like that so that cuts out a lot of what people like here. So I probably wouldn't be very helpful in this discussion.
coop500
???

Postby Emi » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:07 am

I'm still totally distressed about the fact that such popular fandom as Mortal Kombat is not equally popular in vore, though most of MK characters are awsome potential preds. And preys, by the way.
ImageImage
Emi
???

Postby Kitsouille » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:20 pm

I don't think it's often an issue, but attractiveness seems to an important factor. Just thinking about Gluttony from FMA and how his power is basically same-size vore and a bottomless stomach but he doesn't show up anywhere in the galleries or on google. Big Mom and Wapol from One Piece as well, and Ursula from Little Mermaid too (although she had to grow huge first). People prefer slimmer preds it seems.
Kitsouille
???

Postby morosenoodle » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:18 pm

Emi wrote:I'm still totally distressed about the fact that such popular fandom as Mortal Kombat is not equally popular in vore, though most of MK characters are awsome potential preds. And preys, by the way.

Agreed. Mortal Kombat is super popular, both in the United States and abroad; it's also a virtual buffet of beautiful preys and of literal, kanonical preds. Reptile is a reptile who eats people. Lui Kang, the main hero, eats people. Mileena, one of the main bad girls, eats people. Havik, Baraka, Moloch, Drahmin, Leatherface, D'vorah, (D'VOREah! Come on guys!) all of them eat people, too. There are trees that eat people, dragon-shaped machines that eat people, piranhas and sea monsters that eat people. There's at least two people who perform micro-macro finishing moves that could easily be co-opted into vore, and in MK3/UMK3/MK:Trilogy, every single character had a move where they furry-TF'd into a different animal and hardvored the fuck out of their opponent. Wolves, snakes, lions, even a voracious bunny rabbit, they all get their eat on.

Inflation fetishists seem to love MK, to the point where MK is second only to Violet Beauregard for them, so it's not like MK was compartmentalized away from those of us who grew up to have weird internet fetishes. And that community's devotion to MK was based off of just one finishing move; vore, we've got like two dozen moves and almost as many games to pick from. You'd think MK vore would be everywhere, yet it gets hardly any love at all...!

Also, Killer Instinct. Specifically for vore: Riptor, the dinosaur creature, has a vore move where his belly grows big and round after chowing down on his victim. I'm not really a "belly growth" fan myself, but I know it's a very popular fetish trope within the vore community, and the game was about as popular as Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter, for a few years time. And Kusaregedo from Samurai Spirits; the game he appeared in wasn't well-known in the West, but it was pretty big in Japan, and he was a cannibal zombie monster that devoured women with his super move, and whose entire storyline was literally "I'm hungry, I want to eat people."

-edit- Here's some examples:

Mortal Kombat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlF1JLPJN1Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryEgJBjyu8A
https://youtu.be/96nb1LvZnOA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5VHitmOmZ0
etc etc

Killer Instinct:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud1B6ZcwCXU

Samurai Spirit/ Samurai Shodown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TveYtRHB8oA
morosenoodle
New to the forum

Postby WorkInProgress » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:22 pm

Yeah, it is always a bit frustrating when a character who canonically vores or could vore isn't properly represented in the vore community. It could be that people who make art are being commissioned by people who want their characters to eat someone or be eaten by the more popular media preds (like Kaa or the Fern Gully goanna). It could also be that someone's favorite pred is in the back of everyone else's mind. I just saw a forum about what villains people would want to be eaten by, and someone mentioned the main cat villain from "An American Tail: Fiefel Goes West". I went "holy shit, he's a great pred, but I forgot all about him!"

As for naming obscure preds, there's the snake from that Penguins of Madagascar episode, the demodragon from the 2012 TMNT series, Arkillo from DC Comics (there are a lot of underappreciated preds from DC I could go into, but that's for another forum), Shenron from DBZ, and that sea monster from the Kyoshi island in A:TLA.
Standby for this WorkInProgress
WorkInProgress
Been posting for a bit

Postby Krovennan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:29 pm

Annie from Attack on Titan. Canonically capable and willing from that one scene in the anime, and yet, there's so little material about her
Krovennan
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kitsouille » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:22 am

Krovennan wrote:Annie from Attack on Titan. Canonically capable and willing from that one scene in the anime, and yet, there's so little material about her

Attack on Titan as a whole sees very little in matter of vore. I think fans of the show make more vore art than vorarephiles. I can understand if the ugly titans and hard vore is unattractive to most, but vore is a fantasy and people could just wish they were pretty (or female?) and did not chew their preys and voila, it's so simple.
Kitsouille
???

Postby Kurczak48 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:48 am

WorkInProgress wrote:Yeah, it is always a bit frustrating when a character who canonically vores or could vore isn't properly represented in the vore community. It could be that people who make art are being commissioned by people who want their characters to eat someone or be eaten by the more popular media preds (like Kaa or the Fern Gully goanna). It could also be that someone's favorite pred is in the back of everyone else's mind. I just saw a forum about what villains people would want to be eaten by, and someone mentioned the main cat villain from "An American Tail: Fiefel Goes West". I went "holy shit, he's a great pred, but I forgot all about him!"

Cookies to you for answering the topic in the way I wanted. A lot of people were orbiting around it, but very few did get the point of my question! :lol:

Kitsouille wrote:
Krovennan wrote:Annie from Attack on Titan. Canonically capable and willing from that one scene in the anime, and yet, there's so little material about her

Attack on Titan as a whole sees very little in matter of vore. I think fans of the show make more vore art than vorarephiles. I can understand if the ugly titans and hard vore is unattractive to most, but vore is a fantasy and people could just wish they were pretty (or female?) and did not chew their preys and voila, it's so simple.

To be honest, AoT author made it in the same way as you can see it in Blood C. Vore and all stuff around it, is very brutal and gruesome. Yes, in vore you can wish everything to happen... but that misses the whole point of fantasy. It's better to stay at horror vore(with ugly preds and brutal deaths).
Why? Because if you are already on the way of making very significant changes to the world you want to fantasize about, then it hardly can be called the same one.
What I mean, is that adding "vore factor" to sexy girl/boy is way easier imagining it with most of the lore rules unchanged.(Like, what I find ironic, in AoT fanstuff most vore is ft. Mikasa, she's hot and got personality that suits real predator, but there are so many preds around... and yet she's the only one that gets the limelight in this fandom)
Canon predators(that are also attractive) are making that even easier! You don't even need to break the "Not said, not impossible" fanfic rule, because vore is already there, waiting to be used!

P.S.: Last mention about Needless...main criminal group was called "Predators"...I laughed hard when people were like "Oh no! You're Predator!". Or stuff like "He's going to devour whole crowd!...".
Kurczak48
Been posting for a bit

Postby Kitsouille » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:37 am

Kurczak48 wrote:Attack on Titan as a whole sees very little in matter of vore. I think fans of the show make more vore art than vorarephiles. I can understand if the ugly titans and hard vore is unattractive to most, but vore is a fantasy and people could just wish they were pretty (or female?) and did not chew their preys and voila, it's so simple.

To be honest, AoT author made it in the same way as you can see it in Blood C. Vore and all stuff around it, is very brutal and gruesome. Yes, in vore you can wish everything to happen... but that misses the whole point of fantasy. It's better to stay at horror vore(with ugly preds and brutal deaths).
Why? Because if you are already on the way of making very significant changes to the world you want to fantasize about, then it hardly can be called the same one.
What I mean, is that adding "vore factor" to sexy girl/boy is way easier imagining it with most of the lore rules unchanged.(Like, what I find ironic, in AoT fanstuff most vore is ft. Mikasa, she's hot and got personality that suits real predator, but there are so many preds around... and yet she's the only one that gets the limelight in this fandom)
Canon predators(that are also attractive) are making that even easier! You don't even need to break the "Not said, not impossible" fanfic rule, because vore is already there, waiting to be used!

P.S.: Last mention about Needless...main criminal group was called "Predators"...I laughed hard when people were like "Oh no! You're Predator!". Or stuff like "He's going to devour whole crowd!...".[/quote]
Makes sense. I thought making X character prettier was as easy as making Y character bigger, but you have to constantly change the atmosphere of the show/manga to make it while (insert human character) is always desirable, that does make a lot of sense. Then again for Annie, maybe it's her skin (or lack thereof) that's off-putting as a pred. I don't know how popular or liked she is as a character, but I think being cold, mysterious and a villain should be enough to light that little vore "spark" for some people.
Kitsouille
???

Return to General Vore Discussion