Transparent pred (idea)

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Transparent pred (idea)

Postby sabrina_diamond » Mon May 21, 2018 3:59 am

So some animals, like the glass frog or certain fish, have the ability to make their own skin transparent. I wonder what would happen if a pred could make their skin transparent so that their own organs are visible to the prey or would be easily viewed by others? Could the pred let others view their innards like a tv-show whenever they ate a large meal, or will their ability always be active? Plus there was a short-story by Paul Jennings called Clear as Mud where a similar predicament happened to the main character after he was bitten by a beetle and he became transparent. So what do you all think of this idea?
*Chomp, slideee, gurgle gurgle* Must have ate something off! *screaming*
sabrina_diamond
???

Re: Transparent pred (idea)

Postby delete8234b » Mon May 21, 2018 5:26 am

The idea of a transparent pred is a wonderful idea! Usually, slimes are considered transparent (see Suu from Monster Musume) and ghosts, but usually not anything else that I've seen. Seeing a human with transparent skin is a great idea, and I say go for it!
delete8234b
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cowrie » Mon May 21, 2018 10:49 am

Well, just for the record, there are no animals that turn transparent, as in at will or based on environment or something(there are some that the degree of transparency changes with age, and at least a couple of transparent fish can turn opaque due to certain health problems). The species you mentioned, as well as a number of invertebrates, just have transparent skin on part or all of their body.

That said, this is an idea I'm crazy about. The idea of a humanoid pred with transparent skin and flesh showing a set of delicate bones and maybe some silvery organs, with a stomach as see-thru as their skin? Pure awesome.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby Birichino » Mon May 21, 2018 1:53 pm

I've seen a little of this already. In real life, the organs can't turn transparent, but in a fiction setting, some sci-fi creature could have an ability like that biologically, or magic-users could cast glassee.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby Cowrie » Mon May 21, 2018 2:33 pm

Birichino wrote:I've seen a little of this already. In real life, the organs can't turn transparent, but in a fiction setting, some sci-fi creature could have an ability like that biologically, or magic-users could cast glassee.

I see your assertation that "in real life, organs can't turn transparent, and raise you the glass squid:
All of its organs other than the eyes and digestive gland (which is anologous to the liver, not the stomach), all it's organs are transparent. Over the course of countless generations, natural selection has turned most of the organs in members of this group of species transparent. (There are several dozen varieties of glass squid, some of which are slightly more or less fully transparent.)

If you mean that opaque organs of a given individual can't transparent, that's true, though.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby AnalagousSam » Mon May 21, 2018 8:35 pm

Something like this tickle your fancy?

Spoiler: show
AnalagousSam
Been posting for a bit

Postby MechaSharkZilla » Tue May 22, 2018 2:40 am

TBH I've wanted that see that for awhile, but I thought it was a bit weird, even for vore. So I've mostly stuck with just scrounging up the tiny amounts of invisible pred content there is. That, and slimes. Slime girls are so heavily underrated.

AnalagousSam wrote:Something like this tickle your fancy?

Stick that one something human/a demi-human, and you've sold me.
MechaSharkZilla
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Trebortron3 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:29 pm

This topic reminded me straight away of an old RGibson pic:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/5315039/

I've always enjoyed that one.
Trebortron3
Participator

Postby sabrina_diamond » Wed May 23, 2018 5:17 am

I would have liked to see a humanoid transparent pred in fiction. That would be awesome to read.
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby Gutswimmer » Wed May 23, 2018 5:51 am

Yes, I've seen this idea done before myself, and I enjoyed it then as much as I love it now. The transparency of a digestive system adds an extra layer of exhibitionism and humiliation to the predator in public. Any of his/her meals put on display like the meat they are, shown to the world at every stage of digestion. Teachers could use it to teach digestive anatomy to their students with volunteer snackrifices. Glorious!
Gutswimmer
Somewhat familiar

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Wed May 23, 2018 7:58 pm

I think I'll make up a spell for my setting of Āen (which uses D&D 3.5 as its framework) to do just this. Let's see…it would have to be Transmutation school, most likely. Probably range short or touch. Classes? Hmmm. Likely Sorcerer/Wizard, but I can see Druids finding a use for it as well. Duration? It would have to be like one day per class level to be much good, digestion isn't all that fast. Spell level? That would be a toughie since there is no way to really compare power on that. Probably a medium to high level spell, though, given the duration. Trobriand's glassee from from City of Splendours: Waterdeep, which makes non-magical stone or metal permanently transparent, is a 6th level spell, but this isn't permanent, nor would I be looking for perfect transparency. Call it a 4th or 5th level spell, particularly if it only affects a living creature or living tissue.

It'll need a name…Translucency? Visible viscera? Needs works…

It's a start. When I finish it, I'll update The Magic of Āen in my gallery here.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ArcaneSigil » Wed May 23, 2018 8:20 pm

Had a dream some what like this once. Kinda. Sorta. Maybe. It's been a LONG time, so it's really fuzzy. The general premise was that the pred in question was this sergal-like monster thing. Not really a sergal, because none of the sergal art I've ever found had sergals that were furry all over with transparent underbellies. Anyway... if I'm remembering it right, this sergal was chasing me around the local DMV, dunno why the DMV but that's where it was. And I knew it was a dream because one minute I'd be inside, perfectly safe from it, then it'd be inside with me and I'd be running, then I'd be outside and safe, then it'd be outside chasing me again, or I'd be inside watching it chase me. It never caught me, but just the thought of it having a transparent belly was odd to me. Might be my first real vore dream too. It never caught me, so I don't know what its idea for me was, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't just a hug and snuggle.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby sabrina_diamond » Thu May 24, 2018 11:02 pm

IvesBentonEaton wrote:I think I'll make up a spell for my setting of Āen (which uses D&D 3.5 as its framework) to do just this. Let's see…it would have to be Transmutation school, most likely. Probably range short or touch. Classes? Hmmm. Likely Sorcerer/Wizard, but I can see Druids finding a use for it as well. Duration? It would have to be like one day per class level to be much good, digestion isn't all that fast. Spell level? That would be a toughie since there is no way to really compare power on that. Probably a medium to high level spell, though, given the duration. Trobriand's glassee from from City of Splendours: Waterdeep, which makes non-magical stone or metal permanently transparent, is a 6th level spell, but this isn't permanent, nor would I be looking for perfect transparency. Call it a 4th or 5th level spell, particularly if it only affects a living creature or living tissue.

It'll need a name…Translucency? Visible viscera? Needs works…

It's a start. When I finish it, I'll update The Magic of Āen in my gallery here.

That's a fantastic idea, I encourage you to invent this Translucency spell in your story so that I can read about it afterwards! :-D
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Sat May 26, 2018 5:19 pm

The Magic of Āen is now updated with the translucency spell. Earliest likely use of the spell is Tales of the Visceral Voyager story #8, "A Snake and Her Girl" (work in progress).
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wynonna » Tue May 29, 2018 1:55 pm

When stretched thin enough skin could become semi opaque.
wynonna
Participator

Postby Birichino » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:43 pm

Cowrie wrote:
Birichino wrote:I've seen a little of this already. In real life, the organs can't turn transparent, but in a fiction setting, some sci-fi creature could have an ability like that biologically, or magic-users could cast glassee.

I see your assertation that "in real life, organs can't turn transparent, and raise you the glass squid:
All of its organs other than the eyes and digestive gland (which is anologous to the liver, not the stomach), all it's organs are transparent. Over the course of countless generations, natural selection has turned most of the organs in members of this group of species transparent. (There are several dozen varieties of glass squid, some of which are slightly more or less fully transparent.)

If you mean that opaque organs of a given individual can't transparent, that's true, though.

But the ocean is also just filled with Eldritch Horrors which defy all sanity otherwise. I was thinking of land-dwelling creatures, with their opaque stomachs. I guess you can also make a clear predator come from the sea or deep inside the planet, though.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby Lorelei » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:24 am

Preds with transparent parts of their body and especially the Maw and the stomach, I find pretty great. Because as an observer you can see the prey in the hunter and also how it winds and fights. As a fan of Cockvore and Unbirth, I often have Monster Girls and Boys in my mind that have the characteristics of marine animals as well as jellyfish. Whereby slime creatures or blob-like things are also good for it.

Anyway, then you can see how beautiful the victim is sucked first in and end up in the testicles or the female abdomen inside and twitches, wriggles or writhes like a little fish. Or transparent tentacles that can expand and be used to suck in the prey to the devouring Maw of the pred, especially for victims who are further away, the topic is also beautiful. In short: I love it and especially the horrors and Hunters of the deep oceans provide great stuff for it.
Lorelei
Somewhat familiar

Postby HyperlinkError » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:47 pm

I've commissioned pony vore of this from an artist called Variant (it's on this site) because I've always liked the idea of a transparent pred walking through town while torturing and murdering a prey. not done enough imo, really hammers the humiliation aspect
HyperlinkError
Somewhat familiar

Postby JaneDoe1990UK » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:01 am

yes thought about this for a long while. My pred to be transparent so that not only can others see me being slowly digested but I can also see out. watch the people watching me being digested and seeig the world I have left behind carrying on
JaneDoe1990UK
New to the forum

Postby sabrina_diamond » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:23 am

Another good use for a transparent pred is that whatever internal injuries they had would show up easily due to their see-through skin. Plus any doctor would be able to examine them easily! Although I would imagine that mealtimes would be an interesting sight (meal digesting being visible as well)
sabrina_diamond
???

Return to General Vore Discussion