Sucks to Run Into Untagged Torture/Unwilling/Death Posts

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Sucks to Run Into Untagged Torture/Unwilling/Death Posts

Postby VoidicFang » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:53 pm

When you aren't into any of that and it bothers you, it starts to suck.

It's against community guidelines not to tag your works to the best of your ability.
One of the things that makes me want to leave the site is the many lazily tagged torture and death posts that I try to avoid. It's so normal to the people engaged in it that it never crosses their mind to say "this has bloodcurdling screaming, death, and bones."

I have streaks of attending to my messages on this account and searching for new stuff and this is what regularly breaks those streaks.
VoidicFang
Been posting for a bit

Re: Sucks to Run Into Untagged Torture/Unwilling/Death Posts

Postby Eka » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:22 pm

Yeah. Would be nice if the line between fantasy torture and fun, between fantasy unwilling and dubious, between cartoony dismissal, uncertain ends, and fantasy death, are not so blurry and hugely inconsistent between individuals.

That is not even getting into a lot of other problems just trying to get artists and writers to tags just three mandatory tags.
Eka
Administrator

Postby blergle » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:40 pm

Not only is it against community guidelines, but it's kind of unwise for you as an artist if you actually want people to look at your work. Some of us don't browse, we have tags set and we wait for our tag nets to catch things for us. If you don't label your content with what it contains, people who search by tag or just have it set up automatically like me will miss those works that aren't labeled even if the content was what we wanted.
blergle
---

Postby Gutlover » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:58 pm

I feel the same way with cooking. I don't want complain about people's kinks, but I feel that's less in the realm of fantasy and a bit too close to real life imo. So yeah, if stuff like that makes other people squirmish, then you really should tag your work with the appropriate tags so they can blacklist it.
Gutlover
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ixtili » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:41 pm

I also think better tagging would be very beneficial for everyone involved. The blacklist feature exists for a reason and it does not work if you don't use the tags.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 157and493 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:30 am

Just for the record I actually enjoy all the things you stated, but I agree that people should really be more specific with the tags they add especially if they are posting things they know a lot of other people are repulsed by.
I certainly do not think shaming or banning these kinks is the answer, but people just need to be a little more aware of the fact that not everyone is into all types of vore.
157and493
Participator

Postby TheKawaiiCommie » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:06 am

Another obstacle is that the definitions of the tags are essentially an amalgam of everyone's idea of what they should be, so someone's idea of something might differ from the 'norm.' Pays to be understanding if something is 'wrongly' tagged when the tags don't come with definitions from any kind of authority. Finding something you don't enjoy sucks, but it's an inherent risk of browsing a fetish site or any part of the internet for that matter.
TheKawaiiCommie
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ixtili » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:09 am

157and493 wrote:Just for the record I actually enjoy all the things you stated, but I agree that people should really be more specific with the tags they add especially if they are posting things they know a lot of other people are repulsed by.
I certainly do not think shaming or banning these kinks is the answer, but people just need to be a little more aware of the fact that not everyone is into all types of vore.

I enjoy fatal and unwilling, torture? Elements of it but not really on it's own. But I think when you have a really gross fetish the best thing for everyone is to at least warn people what they are getting into. It's only common courtesy and I think artists need to be alittle more aware of that. We might all like Vore but it's debatable whether we truly have the same fetish and we need to respect that about each other or else it's not gonna be pleasant for anyone. The easiest and simplest way to do this is to communicate clearly.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby EnderDracolich » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:38 am

It sucks to run into improperly tagged work that contains content you dislike, regardless of what that content might be. Obviously if you're not into fatal stuff and you see it by accident it's gonna bother you.

However—I think that's just the risk you take when you browse the gallery on this site? Unless you're really, really careful, it's impossible to entirely avoid things you might be uncomfortable with. You can't control the error, carelessness, and/or malicious intent of other people. It sucks, but there's not much that can be done about it. Obviously, suggest proper tags when you find improperly tagged stuff, so at least it doesn't get anyone else?

If you're running into this problem frequently, then perhaps you should change your browsing habits? Limit yourself to looking at stuff made by creators who you know don't make the stuff you dislike? Just look at less vore in general? Wish I had better advice to offer but I really don't. Sorry.

Don't take this as me saying that the problem doesn't exist, or that it's inconsequential. It does, and it's not. I've seen images on this site that I really, really wish I could've avoided. You have my empathy. I just don't know a solution.

I always make an effort to properly tag my stories and posts specifically to avoid upsetting people. I don't want to ruin anyone's enjoyment of the site.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby VoidicFang » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:29 pm

TheKawaiiCommie wrote:Another obstacle is that the definitions of the tags are essentially an amalgam of everyone's idea of what they should be, so someone's idea of something might differ from the 'norm.' Pays to be understanding if something is 'wrongly' tagged when the tags don't come with definitions from any kind of authority. Finding something you don't enjoy sucks, but it's an inherent risk of browsing a fetish site or any part of the internet for that matter.

These are not borderline cases or implied, these are explicitly scenes of torture, death, and bloodcurdling screams. I don't think this specific issue has that "enlightened centrist" position like you described.
VoidicFang
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheKawaiiCommie » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:39 am

VoidicFang wrote:
TheKawaiiCommie wrote:Another obstacle is that the definitions of the tags are essentially an amalgam of everyone's idea of what they should be, so someone's idea of something might differ from the 'norm.' Pays to be understanding if something is 'wrongly' tagged when the tags don't come with definitions from any kind of authority. Finding something you don't enjoy sucks, but it's an inherent risk of browsing a fetish site or any part of the internet for that matter.

These are not borderline cases or implied, these are explicitly scenes of torture, death, and bloodcurdling screams. I don't think this specific issue has that "enlightened centrist" position like you described.

I was mostly replying to Eka. I know things get grossly mistagged and it sucks if you don't wanna see ultra-violent materials, but if it truly bothers you it might be more productive to take it to Eka or other administrators directly, or give PMs/comments to people who mistag a lot. Not necessarily advocating the latter, but addressing the general forum isn't gonna solve anything.
TheKawaiiCommie
Somewhat familiar

Postby The_Agent » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:22 pm

Something as simple as fatal or non tags seem to be lacking in a lot of cases.
The_Agent
New to the forum

Postby Randomdude5 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:05 am

I don't mind unwilling and/or fatal, but I have a long list of blacklisted tags, many of them are synonyms for each other. This helps a lot, but there are many people who don't put tags on their work. For example I dislike male prey but many times I find something that my watched tags picked up that has male prey in it, but my blacklisted tags didn't filter out because the artist was too lazy to tag it male prey or F/M.
Whatever it is, I didn't do it.
Randomdude5
Participator

Postby HeinousSaurus » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:05 pm

I think that the whole tag system is in need of a consolidation and rework. Things not being tagged properly is super annoying, but imo the greatest weakness with the current system is the sheer number of synonymous tags which make it a headache to both search for content and maintain an effective blacklist. It's hard to either block out or search for all content with, for example, underaged characters because it's split between like ten different tags.

Eventually, the site should probably have a tag review and consolidate all synonymous ones, as well as adjust the process for creating tags so that the wanton proliferation doesn't simply begin again. Additionally, I think it would be for the better if posting a work required the author to include certain flags/tag types:
-type of vore (anal, oral, etc)
-sex/nature of participants (F/FF, ?/M, Feral/Futa, etc)
-presence or absence of graphic content (hard digestion, hard vore, gore, etc)
-type of medium (written/drawn/modeled/animated)

I think that together, these changes would drastically reduce the instances of people seeing things they don't enjoy and be a good QoL update in general...but then again, I can't speak at all to the feasibility of such an undertaking.
HeinousSaurus
Been posting for a bit

Postby WeegeeCool » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:24 pm

VoidicFang wrote:When you aren't into any of that and it bothers you, it starts to suck.

I not a fan either, and seeing death and guro in vore always makes me shiver.
WeegeeCool
New to the forum

Postby Gutlover » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:29 pm

Honestly I think the tag system is fine, but putting in the proper tags is a must.

Also I am fine with digestion, even graphic, because that's the outcome of vore, but hard vore with blood or cooking is a big noo from me. So its nice to able to black list those.
Gutlover
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Skittles209 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:50 pm

Ever fix someone's tags only for them to change them back because they insist they know the tags better than anyone else? Or tag a previously unmarked work only to have a similar thing happen so the work remains untagged?
Skittles209
Participator

Postby Gutlover » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:25 pm

Not on this site personally, but I have ran into that issue on ehentai where they were tagging anal vore as unbirth.
Gutlover
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ItsSongxing » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:37 pm

I think there needs to be more mandatory tags. Anyone with a gallery knows that the site requires you to tag vore or non-vore. However, things like fatality, size categories, gender pairings, and so on have too much caveats to really be as dichotomous as "Does it contain vore, or not?" Since some people might not consider reformation to count as "fatality", and size differences can range from "She's a little taller" to someone so big that even planets are mere specks; let alone whether who is gonna gobble up whom.

I think requiring the user to input at least 5 tags (in addition to vore/non-vore) would encourage things like fatality, size categories, willingness, and so on to be tagged. I do see even big artists like Modeseven and Aesir neglecting to add tags to their work, after all.
ItsSongxing
Participator

Postby Apex » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:17 pm

VoidicFang wrote:One of the things that makes me want to leave the site is the many lazily tagged torture and death posts that I try to avoid. It's so normal to the people engaged in it that it never crosses their mind to say "this has bloodcurdling screaming, death, and bones."

As a creator that attempts to accurately tag their work but may be guilty of missing some things (of your examples I'm referring to screaming, mostly, I tag fatalities and would probably tag bone content if I ever did any), I have some questions in the interest of improving my tagging habits. So, while I've quoted the OP, I'm open to anyone that wants to add their thoughts.

For example, I have a story tagged with "unwilling prey" and "cruel pred" as well as "fatal." There's screaming involved but it is not specifically tagged, and looking back on it the pred's stomach is intended to be a painful, miserable experience so I suppose it might be considered torture (though the pred is seemingly unaware of this so the intent to torture isn't really there) but again, torture is not tagged. My thoughts on the matter are basically, "My tags say an unwilling prey is being eaten by a cruel pred and the prey will die." I'm obviously biased since I'm the writer and know the story already but I believe at least the possibility of screaming is implied and cruel pred implies, to me, that torture (or something similar) is also possible.

So, my question is, does this combination of tags (cruel pred, unwilling prey, fatal) imply what I think it implies, or is this story under-tagged? There are also other tags but they don't relate to the specifics this thread is referencing.
Apex
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion