Would you like a side of storyline with your vore art today?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Would you like a side of storyline with your vore art today?

Postby Marco » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:06 pm

There's obviously no wrong or right to this, as it's up to the artist at the end of the day, but what's your general preference to whether vore art has (enough of?) a storyline attached to it? Like, whether it gives the pred any motivation besides hunger to eat the prey, or if the pred and prey had any specific relationship with each other before this scenario, or whatever.

I've found that it's definitely good for artwork to have some storyline attached to it, be it within the artwork as dialogue and/or explained within the description, but at the same time - it's also kind of fun to just use my imagination if only in my own mind (I wouldn't "officially" write down my takes on other people's OCs without permission) on what hasn't been stated, so I am also not objective towards vore art that at least holds back/doesn't include certain information, such as the examples mentioned above.

So yeah, I can pretty much go either way, due to the fact that my imagination would probably fill in the gaps, that aren't even gaps, anyway. Adding to the fact that I have at times found myself imagining more to "real vore" scenarios (i.e. scenarios that are not vore, just characters being eaten in TV shows or whatever) and have also got ideas for vore scenes that are basically "deliberate but random" - like it isn't really explained why the vore happens, but the prey was definitely supposed to be eaten.
Avatar done as gift by Aviannapper. Deeply appreciated.
Marco
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Would you like a side of storyline with your vore art to

Postby johnnyd1988 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:02 pm

i feel the same way sometimes wtih art i commision
johnnyd1988
Somewhat familiar

Postby AeriaGloris » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:22 pm

It's up to the skill of the artist. They say a picture can tell a thousand words, but that's only true if the artist fills their work with enough nuance to show character, situation and location. But you're correct, it's also an artist's choice to create ambiguous content. Context is important for some consumers, but unimportant for others.

The medium of comics and manga use dialogue to build a lot of the world and characters, but I feel like most vore comics are 3 to 5 panels of swallowing, bellies and little else. I would encourage artists to give the character's some meaty personality over some meaty assets :lol:
My writing outline for 2022 is out. Let me know your thoughts on my latest Blog Post. ˚✧₊⁎( ˘▽˘ )⁎⁺˳✧༚
AeriaGloris
Somewhat familiar

Postby GoTee1 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:51 pm

I'm a sucker for good dialogue and a fun scenario, but I'll admit I've gotten into this bad habit of needing to give everything context. Often I can't buy a commission without first thinking of a very specific scenario and some dialogue, even if I just want to get a new character drawn. I often expend waaaaay too much energy and sometimes miss my chance altogether.
For one reason or another I've gotten a few recent comms without much greater context or any dialogue. Sometimes the right pose or expression (or belly) is enough.
GoTee1
Somewhat familiar

Postby SnakeEyes » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:41 pm

I'm the opposite, I'd like to see some comic art to some of my stories.
SnakeEyes
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ixtili » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:31 am

SnakeEyes wrote:I'm the opposite, I'd like to see some comic art to some of my stories.

Man same I wish I had the skills to draw my OCs at all let alone in vorish situations.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nalzindar » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:03 pm

I guess I could say that I am heavy leaning towards preferring a story to accompany the art. Of course, I do fully enjoy art without text at all, but I feel that at least some text give an extra dimension to the picture. Art with (a good) text can make the whole thing twice as fun since it feels like an illustrated story.

As an artist (and writer) myself, I always write a story to accompany my vore pictures, and sometimes I ask if my friends here will do it. It is exciting to see what kind of story they come up with when I show them the picture, and they never fails to impress me :)
What more, I have also experienced that if an image has at least some text attached to it, people are more likely to leave a comment and tell me what they think or come with constructive criticism to help me improve.

As AeriaGloris mentioned above, a picture can tell more than a thousand words, so if you can fill an image with details for the situation, character or location, a text isn't always necessary since the imagination can fill the gaps and make up something fun on its own. The drawback with details is all the time it consumes, I can often spend more time on those than what I do on the main characters. So making up a story instead, can actually be time saving.
Nalzindar
Somewhat familiar

Postby MyHeartInAcid » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:34 pm

Yeah, the context and all that is one of my favorite parts. It’s also a reason why I can’t ever make vague prey, hehe..
MyHeartInAcid
Somewhat familiar

Return to General Vore Discussion