Drawing art you are uncomfortable with?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Drawing art you are uncomfortable with?

Postby 157and493 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:50 pm

A question for the artists out there, would you ever draw vore art you happened to be uncomfortable with if you were requested or commissioned to do so?

To be clear I do not mean “uncomfortable” in the form of something related to trauma or anything like that, more so along the lines of something you were not really into and that might even be a major turnoff for you. Would you still draw the art despite your distaste of it, and if so do you think your dislike of the topic would affect your work?
157and493
Participator

Re: Drawing art you are uncomfortable with?

Postby Mecho » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:45 pm

No. Not at all.
It happens that I draw preds that I feel neutral with (And Like, they aren't my preferences but don't make me uncomfy. And it can be very fun to draw said things just from a non sexual perspective) But I would NEVER draw anything that feels uncomfy. And many of the things that feels uncomfortable for me are very popular (Some pred types for example) and starting to draw those would only lead to more people commission said themes. And all the joy that comes from vore would be thrown out the window.

I sell commissions after all. Not my soul 8)
Mecho
---

Postby TheKawaiiCommie » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:55 pm

I accept commissions that I can complete without hating every moment of it. I don't necessarily enjoy the prompt, but I don't have to since I'm being paid. I won't do something I absolutely hate, but it's a job so actually enjoying the scenario is not a pre-requisite. My task is to create something that my client, not myself, will enjoy.
TheKawaiiCommie
Somewhat familiar

Postby Merodi » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:13 pm

I'm uncomfortable with female preds, but I'm willing to draw them for an increased price (unless the prey is a male character I like, then I won't), but for stuff that triggers my dysphoria or just squicks me out too much - unbirth for example - I just.. won't draw it, even as a commission.
Merodi
Participator

Postby Tassie » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:57 pm

I have been thinking about this because I had to read a few things for a writers' group here, and there were something things that I really wasn't into, but there was nothing about it that really made me feel angry or any extreme revulsion. I think that breaking things into three general groups is the best way to define what you will or won't draw.

A co-worker called it the "Yes-Maybe-No" category. She was talking about something else, and the whole thing was sort of gross, but I get what she was talking about.
-Yes, or "Like" category: You are very much into these things, and would be very happy to draw or write them. Green light, go for it, win-win, everyone will be happy here.
-Maybe or "Neutral" things: You're not against them, but they don't do anything for you either. If they help the story or someone is paying to write or draw them, then they're alright. Yellow light, you'll go with it if you have a reason to, but the cost needs to be worth your time and effort because the subject just isn't 'you'.
-No, or "Dislike" stuff: This turns you off and you really don't want to have to deal with this sort of thing, even if the job pays or if someone wants to see this in a story. Red light. Halt. There's something wrong here, so honestly, making yourself feel horrible really isn't worth it, even if the money seems good.

As an example, my preferences are sort of weird, I guess, but they are me, and even if someone asks, I won't change what I will or won't do.
-Yes: A mindless predator grabbing and groping a lovely character, especially if I can relate to her and working to choke them down, forever claiming them as their own, that just feels right somehow.
-Maybe: Characters that I have trouble relating to, or weird vore like butt and unbirth and nose or ear vore, they aren't really my thing, but they're alright, I guess. If I was a very good writer and there was if I was writing for a living, than I might do this if someone was paying enough for it.
-No: Pointless cruelty and savage, bloody scenes with predator characters whom enjoy causing pain just aren't 'me'. Young children being victimized are also a trigger for me, but I'm a parent, so yes, I know I have a bias here, sorry.

I hope this makes sense and I hope it helps. Sorry.
Tassie
Participator

Postby JadeTheDeer » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:49 am

157and493 wrote:A question for the artists out there, would you ever draw vore art you happened to be uncomfortable with if you were requested or commissioned to do so?

To be clear I do not mean “uncomfortable” in the form of something related to trauma or anything like that, more so along the lines of something you were not really into and that might even be a major turnoff for you. Would you still draw the art despite your distaste of it, and if so do you think your dislike of the topic would affect your work?

In the pursuit of capital, there is a price for everything. I'd just charge extra based on how much I don't like it.
JadeTheDeer
Somewhat familiar

Postby blergle » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:30 am

Nope. Not only would I not enjoy it and it would make me resent making art, which is an awful way to feel, but I would not do as good a job on it. It might be *technically* decent but I think my dislike of it would come through somehow, and not be fair to the commissioner OR me.
blergle
---

Postby Oniric » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:29 pm

I'm a writer. I've been in that situation before, and I deeply regret it. Not only because the creation process was unpleasant for me, I also felt the result was much lower quality than my usual and that's just unfair to the commissioner/requester.

The Yes/Maybe/No categories are very useful to better communicate what's possible and what isn't, and even then, it ultimately depends on the specific scenario.
Oniric
Somewhat familiar

Postby JediPadawanJess » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:09 pm

I will only draw things that I'm comfortable with, so no I don't.
Deviantart: Akumaru13
Furaffinity: JediPadawanJess

90's anime/manga ftw!
Giant robots are love!
JediPadawanJess
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nekiame » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:40 am

It have to depend on the artwork in question and ones tolerance for it. There are things I can draw, and things I dont want to draw. If people commission me for something im not comfortable with, then I'd explain that if I havent already made a list showing what I draw/dont draw. Just cause im being paid doesnt mean I have to feel uncomfortable with it.
Nekiame
Participator

Postby tigercloud » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:55 am

Depend on what it is, I may would try it, even if I didnt enjoy it as much/dislike, but I would tend to not, if I have better Projects.

Sometimes it can be nice to be open to stuff you may dislike, to may learn some new skills, but if its something which is even on my blacklist, probably no chance xD

In the end I think the Artworks/Writings of stuff you dislike tend to feel bad, because the viewer may notices that there was no love put in (like sometimes art from non-vore artists) - Often artists which force to do such stuff dont add the details people love, because if you dont like it, you dont know which details people of the scene like (And details are important even if they are subtle)

Also if you draw something you dislike/are uncomfortable with, you may attract more people which like that content and they ask you too then~
Angel GTS Vore-Artist - My Gallery
---
Check out the Ekas Disinterest Filter
tigercloud
Participator

Postby Ghrelin » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:43 pm

Excluding more serious things like trauma triggers and phobias, there are still some things I won't do even for pay. I don't mind drawing things I'm neutral on that just aren't my preference, especially if it's not even for me... but if it's such a turn-off that I'd put it on my blacklist, I'm gonna have to decline. If I'm not uncomfortable drawing something, it works out better for everybody.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion