The ( psychological ) benefits of vore

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

The ( psychological ) benefits of vore

Postby JassonDragonWolf » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:01 am

Just to be clear : the reason I wrote ( psychological ) is because I know vore is more than a fantasy for several people, it is also a source of income. Yes, I am talking about artists, there is not just the pred characters who need to eat, there is the drawers and writers behind them.

With that part made clear : how does vore benefit you emotionally ? I, for myself, feel happy and relaxed after reading or watching friendly vore were both pred and prey are happy.

What about you ? I will be honest, as someone who is very little in the fatal side of things I am most curious about what people into it have to say, and even more from the folks into the more ''extreme'' parts of it.
I am talking about the gore, hard vore, snuff type of stuff. I once chatted through notes on FurAffinity with someone who said it helped him with his thanatophobia, which makes sense to me. As a child, I first had to brave the darkness at night in order to stop fearing it.

I know some people sort of answered the benefits of fatal vore already on my first post, saying it was about stress relief, exploration of dark themes in safe ways, etc. but I would like to see more answers, again especially from the ''lovers of the extreme'' ( goodness, I made it sound like a tv show, haven't I ? )

There is just too much people out there trying to label us in a negative light, when we simply are enjoying something ''unconventional''. Just type ''bdsm health benefits'' on google to see severals sites discussing the hidden benefits of it.

Take care everyone.
JassonDragonWolf
New to the forum

Re: The ( psychological ) benefits of vore

Postby BadlyDrawnDedede » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:48 pm

Eh, I guess it provides an outlet to let off some steam. Research has shown that participating in any kind of kink yielded participants with lower levels of cortisol, the body's stress hormone.

When it comes to people labeling us in a negative light, it's more a lack of understanding. You really can't place yourself in a paraphiliac's shoes unless you have some kind of kink yourself. Does that mean that the vocal minority should be blabbing stuff to the greater part of the world that makes us look worse than we actually are (*cough* justinrpg *cough*)? No they shouldn't, but at the same time, most people could be a bit more understanding.
Bang! Bang! Bang! Pull my Devil Trigger!
BadlyDrawnDedede
Somewhat familiar

Postby Teddy » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:34 am

I personally find vore where the prey survives, undigested, a huge turn off. I dont know why but something about the prey NOT being melted down to mush and repurposed as nutrients isn't satisfying to my libido. This hasn't at all affected my life negatively except for the fact that I kinda lack some sympathy when it comes to real life people passing away, which is a bit worrying but I think im fine? Though considering vore is completely and utterly unreplicateable in real life, my vanilla sexual drive has been reduced to basically none, and in result! No unnecessary horniness for toxic people.
Teddy
New to the forum

Postby Scrumptious » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:55 am

Often, even though I insist on fatal vore, there is the feeling I have that the pred is keeping the prey safe from a less enviable fate. Maybe my pred saves me from other preds (humans or otherwise) who might hard-vore me. As such, it makes me feel more safe and secure to fantasize about being gobbled up by her. I find that comforting.

Teddy wrote:I personally find vore where the prey survives, undigested, a huge turn off. I dont know why but something about the prey NOT being melted down to mush and repurposed as nutrients isn't satisfying to my libido.

Ditto. I know it's illogical, but I feel like if I (as prey) survive the process, that I will never truly belong to my pred the way I want to belong. I'm not safe from some other fate until I'm properly consumed.
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:24 pm

In moderation, it helps me unplug and forget about the world. The world is so screwed up right now.
Jayezox
---

Postby Ruthborn » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:16 pm

As a kid vore helped me get over my fear of the dark and the “monster under the bed” by transforming my fear into sexual desire and curiosity (instead of fearing what might be lurking in the dark I grew curious of what might lurking in the dark). I think it has also helped me to learn about and accept the notion of life and death as a natural cycle and not fear and deny its existence.
Ruthborn
Somewhat familiar

Postby Vorachist22 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:34 pm

It helps me forget about all the drama in my life.
Vorachist22
Somewhat familiar

Postby AeriaGloris » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:20 am

The emotions surrounding vore are extremely intense due to the fatal nature of this fetish. Writing Vore stories allows me to channel these feelings. How does this character confess her undying love for her best friend? How does a serial predator trick her prey and what's their psychology? How does prey come to terms with their inevitable digestion? I find out as I write.

I'm all characters at once, so to speak. Their voices call out to me in my dreams and I answer with the tapping of my keyboard. I just want to feel everything, wholesome, tragic or cruel.

I have zero interest in non-fatal and reformation vore though. It's emotionally flat.
My writing outline for 2022 is out. Let me know your thoughts on my latest Blog Post. ˚✧₊⁎( ˘▽˘ )⁎⁺˳✧༚
AeriaGloris
Somewhat familiar

Postby MyHeartInAcid » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:00 am

Looking back, I believe some vore art stuff is what inspired me to take up art in the first place. And then, doing art of vore helped me find lots of new friends...
Also the chars I created for this have helped me be more at peace with my body.

And uh, I’m fully into the extreme side of it, like hard vore and fatal, heh I just don’t like unwilling. I think the blood and gore emphasize the sacrifice of being eaten like this... definitely thoughts that help me when i feel down.
MyHeartInAcid
Somewhat familiar

Postby JassonDragonWolf » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:21 am

AeriaGloris wrote:
I have zero interest in non-fatal and reformation vore though. It's emotionally flat.

I am fine with you not being into non-fatal vore, but I humbly disagree with your last sentence. Less intense emotions ? Maybe. But non-fatal vore is not void of feelings.
JassonDragonWolf
New to the forum

Return to General Vore Discussion