Gradually Liking Hard Vore?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

What Do You Prefer?

Only mouth play
3%
Strictly soft vore
17%
Mostly soft vore with some hard vore aspects
30%
Hard vore without death or digestion
1%
Hard vore with death and or digestion
23%
I like both equally
20%
It doesn't matter either way for me...
6%
I don't care...>.>
No votes

Total votes : 70

Gradually Liking Hard Vore?

Postby Marira17 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:26 am

I have always been solely into soft vore, but have gradually been enjoying hard vore more and more over time.

I'm not at the point where I enjoy digestion or death, but I am starting to like the idea of soft chewing that can leave bruises or break the skin and gentle digestion where the prey's clothes begin to dissolve and they start to feel a slight burning sensation before being regurgitated by a concerned pred...has this happened to anyone else?

I just thought that it was interesting. I remember not wanting anything that had to do with hard vore and didn't give it the time of day. Now there are many times where I prefer some aspects of it in my fantasies... ^^;
Marira17
Somewhat familiar

Re: Gradually Liking Hard Vore?

Postby nomnomfap » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:59 am

I've always preferred soft vore without digestion or death. I've been into vore for over 5 years now, and been exposed to a lot of hard vore ever since I was first introduced. It's never really appealed to me, and I've felt this way since I first found out vore was a thing.

It's interesting that you're leaning towards hard vore now. I half expected this to happen to me considering how much hard vore and implied digestion/death is on this site and other popular ones, but I'm still not interested in it. I don't know, there's something about the prey being expelled by the pred after the whole ordeal that I find exciting.
nomnomfap
New to the forum

Postby Saftkeur » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:10 am

I put my vote on "mouth play only", though I'm quite alright with swallowing (soft vore) and I'm fine with digestion as well, in certain circumstances; preferably with some sort of reformation occurring afterwards. Essentially, just about anything goes so long as the prey is alive when all is said and done, and there isn't anything especially painful or uncomfortable happening during the process. The mouth play is definitely my favorite aspect however.

So yeah, I can relate on the shift of preferences. Initially I wasn't even interested in vore, I had a tongue/mouth fetish (mostly focused on the tongue, but mouths are kinda important there) a macro/micro fetish, and... I guess you'd call it a food fetish? Mostly the idea of prey being trapped in a predator's food (though I suppose without the vore element, the "prey" and "predator" roles don't quite fit). The combination of those three lent itself perfectly to mouth-play scenarios, obviously.
And eventually, the interest in vore came from all of that; it's a natural continuation, the mouth-play and food-play generally leads to swallowing. I hated (and still hate) the thought of death, I've got no interest in dying, myself. But when there's some sort of magic or other elements involved that ensure a happy ending, the digestion doesn't bother me. (that's another evolution for me, originally it was no-vore, then it was vore only if the prey was magically protected/retrieved, and eventually I was okay with digestion too.)

So yeah! I think it's totally natural that your interests evolve a bit over time, especially when you're in a community such as this one and constantly bombarded by new experiences and inspirations. (I'd watched Karbo on deviantART before I really developed my interest in vore, just because of the wonderful mawshots and macro/micro elements in his work. Wouldn't be surprised if that helped steer me in this direction.)
Fantasy/Fetish artist, specializing in 3D vore, macro/micro, and tongue fetishes.
Gallery - Patreon
Saftkeur
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nerva » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:46 am

I've never experienced a shift of preference toward hard vore. If anything, it's only grown more distasteful to me with time. Only the gentlest of teething won't make me squick out. I have experienced preference shifts - for instance, I used to intensely dislike cockvore, but now it's one of my favorite varieties. I've been exposed to a lot of hardvore, so it's not a lack of exposure - I just find myself growing more repulsed with it every time.
Nerva
???

Postby C-B-A » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:54 am

I chose "mostly soft vore with some hard vore elements" because I like only soft vore but I am ok and sometimes like graphic digestion, which was a gradual shift a long time ago when I started looking for vore content, I guess. aside for that and my more recent interest in UB yeah my vore preference stays relatively unchanged.
Regional mad scientist and belly inspector
C-B-A
Heavy user

Postby tehnerfbear » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:52 am

Never cared too much for hard vore as in dying in the mouth. It feels like I just got on the roller coaster I really wanted to ride and I'm already screaming or puking on the slow tow up. :roll:
Forum:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=34300
Follow Voracity 2 and 3, and keep up to date with concepts, art, and news:
http://tehnerfbear.deviantart.com/
tehnerfbear
Participator

Postby XDDX » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:17 am

I used to really dislike hard vore but now I like it and enjoy it, as long as it happens when the pred is eating a prey. I still don't like it as a way to torture the prey although I guess the lines can get a little blurred ^^

-E- I think I misunderstood a little. If soft vore = no death, then I always hated soft vore =p
XDDX
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 4ofSwords » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:55 am

Hmm... I always took soft vore to mean swallowing without chewing, regardless of whether the prey dies or lives is digested or absorbed or passes through, and hard vore to mean biting and crunching, drawing blood and tearing skin and snapping bones, etc. Hard vore would be the 'natural' kind of eating for all but a few species (snakes, frogs, etc.).

I've never been a fan of vore that didn't involved death for the prey. (I'm actually trying to broaden this horizon a little now, and try out some endo, etc.). I don't really care much about the digestion or anything following - for me my interest ends pretty much when the prey dies, which I assume is within minutes of reaching the stomach if not sooner - but the sine qua non of vore for me is that the pred is -taking- something from the prey, that they are being selfish and putting their desires, no matter how trivial ("I'm not even hungry, but you taste so yummy!") above the prey's very life. Without fatality, or some substantial cost to the prey, that aspect is lost and it just becomes mouthplay (which, frankly, is also fun, but not the same).

Hard vore is something I had a love-hate relationship with for a very long time. I liked chewing, but the pain and destruction involved freaked me out, so I'd try to imagine some scenario where the pred harmlessly masticated their prey before swallowing, which basically turned the preds into muppets. I kind of like gore and body horror ("Oh my god, look what you're -doing- to me!"), but I don't really respond well to sadism, and the amount of pain involves basically overwhelms the possibility of any other prey response, so the interaction between them is lost - or so I imagined it.

Lately, though, my interests have been turning more and more toward hard vore. They've always occasionally flirted that way anyway, but, for example, stories that are in the middle of being written are rewriting themselves as hard vore, and more and more often the kind of RP I've been looking for has been hard vore. It -is- a little more horrifying, but I find that it feels a lot more natural - there isn't any need to fudge physics to make it work (though you can if you want to), and if anything it only deepens the rift between pred and prey, requiring -more- interaction to bridge the gap, which I really like. Now, if there's a soothing pred, they have very good reason to soothe the prey- not just assuaging their fears, but tending to all the wounds and pain they're inflicting. The predator doesn't have to be sadistic, but it really can demonstrate callousness, which sometimes I like.

So, yes - gradually I'm liking hard vore more, and soft vore is moving into a back seat position. From a purely artistic/writerly point of view, I find this exciting in terms of new territory, but also a bit of a bummer. I know that each time I post something hard vorish, I end up shedding some watchers. :( But, you've got to write what you love, right?
4ofSwords
???

Postby AcevisElecion » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:17 am

I still mainly prefer soft vore, but hard vore doesn't bother me as much as it used to in most respects.

It grew on me as time when on and I experimented with different concepts.
AcevisElecion
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aickavon12 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:23 am

For me, hard vore was on the same level as cannibalism and it didn't appeal to me. However as I slowly placed my fetish next to my dark desires I began to see hard vore as a great primal read and I appreciate the works greatly. Of course, not sexually...

But I guess for me hard vore is like a good dark joke (not an insult). But dark humor is not everyone's cup of liquified dead baby.
This song is dedicated to Eka.

Never gonna give you up! Never Gonna let you down! Never gonna run around, desert you!
Aickavon12
???

Postby Ka-Atis » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:35 am

"Hard vore with death and or digestion" - for me, it's all about a predator actually eating the prey, with all its horror and death. And the taste of meat and blood, not only the surface of skin, adds heavily to the pleasure.
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

Postby Litenosöt » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:55 pm

When I first developed my vore fetish I fantasized only about soft vore. But that was only during a short period and I soon started to like hard vore. Since then my hard vore fantasies have become more and more extreme. First I only fantasized about getting chewed, but then I started to fantasize about getting eaten piece by piece, and later about cooking and cannibalism. Now I never fantasize about soft vore. It doesn't do anything for me anymore. But my fantasies develope all the time and I always need something new to keep me going. I can use one fantasy two-three times, then I have to think of something new to feel the same exitement.
Litenosöt
Somewhat familiar

Postby BlueKnight » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:36 pm

I like soft vore with death/digestion, took that to mean 'Mostly soft vore with hard vore aspects.'

My tastes have certainly diversified, liking many more different things than I used to, hard vore being one of them. This may go from a little nibbling on the ears that goes a bit too far, to the very extreme (though rare).
BlueKnight
Been posting for a bit

Postby Hariken » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:31 pm

Hard vore IS death...
Hariken
Somewhat familiar

Postby ZdarLighT » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:11 pm

Hardvore is weird for me. Most of the time I can't stand it, but every now and then it does something for me. There's not really an in-between for me, just one or the other.
ZdarLighT
Somewhat familiar

Postby Argost » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:42 am

I shift about from time to time, although I mostly go for a more lovely approach. But there are times I just want to watch the world bleed.
But to be honest, I have a thing for blood and bones, gore is less of an appeal to me most of the time. Its strange, but there it is.
Perhaps it's a bit of my love of the more occult and necromantic. Or maybe I'm just freaky like that in my mind.
Either way, yay skeletons and zombies! (Bloods in there somewhere I think)

As for a transition though, I suppose that is what it could be described as. Although I find it the transition of liking everything more, rather than preference shifts.
Unless of course, that is what you mean.
Argost
Been posting for a bit

Postby CrimsonShadow » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:56 am

For me, it all depends on the prey. If I am emotionally invested in the prey, then I outright hate hard vore and only enjoy digestion if it's willing, and I only enjoy reformation if it's part of the prey's powers. If I'm not emotionally invested in the prey, then I am ok with unwilling digestion, just as long as I don't see the gory process, and I still dislike hard vore. If I outright hate the prey, then I'm perfectly ok with seeing them meet a gory demise, whether through biting, chewing, digestion or all three.
CrimsonShadow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nephilim » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:10 pm

For me, I love hard vore -- especially the challenge it presents. I love being able to write about something so gruesome and visceral in a ghastly poetic light. I think that the juxtaposition itself can be more terrifying than the actual act.

For example, during a maddening moment wherein the predator loses all control and starts chewing the prey; the predator could construe it as 'soft biting' or a 'lover's nibbles' as the prey is getting crushed.

But, yes. I love hard vore. I also love a hybrid of sorts, where the prey is damaged or mangled on the way down mrrr
600k views - Click the banner for my production studio
Read The Stories Before They're Stubbed
Vore-Kink. Size-Kink. Legend & Lore
nephilim
???

Postby Marira17 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:49 pm

nephilim wrote:For me, I love hard vore -- especially the challenge it presents. I love being able to write about something so gruesome and visceral in a ghastly poetic light. I think that the juxtaposition itself can be more terrifying than the actual act.

For example, during a maddening moment wherein the predator loses all control and starts chewing the prey; the predator could construe it as 'soft biting' or a 'lover's nibbles' as the prey is getting crushed.

But, yes. I love hard vore. I also love a hybrid of sorts, where the prey is damaged or mangled on the way down mrrr

Oh, yes! That type of situation is something that I favor as well! :)
Marira17
Somewhat familiar

Postby NyaatoShiroi » Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:23 am

Personally, I am enjoy them equally, and mix of both; when predator bites them before swallowing, so they can suffer from painful digestion to be perished by his acids.

Answering to thread question: It's more like I am gradually liking soft vore when I am used to cooking/preparation, food play and hard vore when I decided to practice in drawing to improve my skills.

I am just got into macro/micro, safe, willng and non-sexual at first, and then my preferences are developed to be more extremely dark and morbid over time, so this made me get into fatal vore with unwillingness of prey, predatory satisfaction, realistic digestion with weight gain/meaningful absorption and sensual manner of voracious possessiveness/obsessiveness ♥

In some scenarios, predator can nibble his victim with teeth, so he can taste everything of them; soft flesh, tender meat, fragile bones, savory blood and light soul.
I am create an peace within chaos i have in my doomed mind ♪

I am a enjoyer of dark, morbid and passionate M/F, with unwillingness and fatality ♡
NyaatoShiroi
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion