Podcast episode where they interview a vorarephile

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Podcast episode where they interview a vorarephile

Postby JadeTheDeer » Sat May 28, 2022 10:58 am

Hi, not sure if this is the right board for it but I was recently interviewed by a kink podcast about vorarephilia.

There's a lot of discussion on Eka's in how non-vorarephiles view and approach the concept of vore, so hopefully y'all find it interesting. Feel free to tell me how you think I did.

On Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/1mC6oq ... =copy-link
On anchor.fm: https://anchor.fm/mesci/episodes/4--Vor ... ch-e1i4rlu
JadeTheDeer
Somewhat familiar

Re: Podcast episode where they interview a vorarephile

Postby CulturedDegenerate » Sat May 28, 2022 3:48 pm

Definitely an interesting listen, I think you did a decent enough job given that they said they had their perceptions of the community and the fetish as a whole changed by the end. I think that pointing out that vore is a fairly big umbrella, encompassing a lot of different subgenres helps to ease people into understanding what they're seeing when they first discover us by punching "vore" into the search bar in sites like deviantart. I think that seeing so many examples of different types of fetish material at the same time can kind of overwhelm people, preventing them from understanding that they're seeing a lot of different subgenres at the same time that appeal to different people for different reasons. When you broke down these aspects throughout the interview I think that it did a lot to aid their understanding of fetish.
CulturedDegenerate
New to the forum

Postby HentaiMaster90000 » Sun May 29, 2022 3:07 am

CulturedDegenerate wrote:Definitely an interesting listen, I think you did a decent enough job given that they said they had their perceptions of the community and the fetish as a whole changed by the end. I think that pointing out that vore is a fairly big umbrella, encompassing a lot of different subgenres helps to ease people into understanding what they're seeing when they first discover us by punching "vore" into the search bar in sites like deviantart. I think that seeing so many examples of different types of fetish material at the same time can kind of overwhelm people, preventing them from understanding that they're seeing a lot of different subgenres at the same time that appeal to different people for different reasons. When you broke down these aspects throughout the interview I think that it did a lot to aid their understanding of fetish.

It's kind of like with music in a way. I had a friend who's only exposure to metal was really intense noise/grindcore stuff, so after I told him that I'm into metal he always insisted on keeping the aux when we hung out, and only stopped doing that after I spent 40 minutes explaining that metal can even be melodic or border on country even.

As for you, Mr.Guest, I feel you did a pretty good job of giving a general overview of the fetish at large. The only point I would argue against is that you may have downplayed the extent to which a lot of vore is just flat out cruel SM stuff, but I'm only halfway through the episode so I might be wrong.

I was skeptical of the podcast at first, but they were surpiringly respectful and were genuinely trying to understand your point of view. Much better than that video by the pizzafaced dude where he is very obviously taking the piss out of people like "OMG GUYS THESE PEOPLE WANT TO BE SWALLOWED< THAT"S SO WEIRD< RIGHT??? BLEGH, THAT"S DISGUSTING"
HentaiMaster90000
Been posting for a bit

Postby chobitzrabbit » Sun May 29, 2022 10:02 pm

About what I would expect to hear from a furry.
I guess you did a fine job explaining your own interests and giving a simple overview of vore in general.
But it's always the same when a furry or pony boy thinks they can speak for the entire community, but they can't.
Good for you anyhow. It's some kind of start, right? And they didn't make any typical disgusted comments..

I think you certainly neglected half of the community, who are into the dark and dirty stuff. But that's not your thing, so it makes sense. Not to mention, nobody likes to actually talk about that stuff to "outsiders". And as a person, yourself, who doesn't like or understand the other side, I can hardly blame you for avoiding or whitewashing the fact that there is a rather large percentage of us deviants who specifically get off on the dark, dirty, humiliating bits of this fetish. Not to mention, I think you're dead wrong in downplaying the subset of people interested in age-play, and certainly size difference. I would argue that most people don't care too much one way or the other, if the scenario is good. But you make it sound like, overwhelmingly, pred and prey are similar ages and sizes most of the time. And I simply disagree.

I could say more, but I don't want to come off like I'm digging at you and your interview too much.
I know I probably already sound like a dick, which isn't really my intent.

Your hosts were respectful, and it was nice to hear people curious about a weird thing we like without being assholes.
Despite what I've already said, if you had in fact tried to explain the smutty bits, particularly as someone who doesn't like them, the conversation could have gone worse. There's a reason I don't ever talk to people about the fucked-up shit that gets me off. I know it's fucked up. They know it's fucked up. The end. I don't need to feel worse about liking the nasty shit I do. Especially when it seems to be one of those things you can't change.

So, good job. You gave a brief, general overview of vore to people who wanted to know. I feel like you, perhaps, misrepresented and underemphasized or trivialized a significant percentage of the fetish for some.. but maybe that's for the best.
chobitzrabbit
Participator

Return to General Vore Discussion