Horror hunger where the pred can't regret eating a loved one

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Horror hunger where the pred can't regret eating a loved one

Postby Ixtili » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:06 am

Anyone else fascinated by the concept of horror hunger that makes it so a pred can't truly mourn someone they care for if they eat them? Like not even in the sense that they stop caring for that person but in the sense their mind on an instinctive and emotional level can't truly comprehend it as murder or even separation. They can't mourn because their emotions insist there's nothing to mourn, what has happened is right, amazing even and even if the predator is human enough to intellectually understand that's not how most people would see it. They're not human enough or are no longer human enough to see it that way. In scenarios where there's soul entrapment, sentient fat or predscapes you can extend this inability to being unable to recognise that they've essentially stolen their preys agency or trespassed on their preys freedom.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Horror hunger where the pred can't regret eating a loved

Postby tomsketchit » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:35 am

Definitely a fascinating concept.
tomsketchit
Been posting for a bit

Postby Chameleonette » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:16 am

I use this concept all the time in stories and in RPs. The pred even often romanticizes it as the two joining as one, considers it as the way things are 'meant to be', and takes great pleasure in it---even when the prey is wholly unwilling through the entire thing. And I love possessive elements like that.
Passionate advocate of M/F vore.

My RP Seeking Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35501
Chameleonette
---

Postby KnightleyPaine » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:16 pm

A trope I like to play with when it comes up. And I don't just mean 'casual vore world not caring about prey handwavium', but there are times it's a trope to run where despite the prey's death being very much not a casual, forgettable thing, it's not within the pred's morality to care in that way.

At times they might come close to it, like pondering this can't happen again, but only to illustrate that they don't work in the ways others can relate to.

Fun stuff, I often write my pred with this where appropriate.
KnightleyPaine
Participator

Postby Lonnie » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:46 pm

I honestly am not sure I’ve thought about this that much. I have such an aversion to traditional sadism/“I don’t care about prey’s lives + I’m fine with torturing them + just hungry lol”, that I don’t tend to explore alternatives too much. But it’s kinda intriguing, I admit. Nuance is good. Honestly, as long as a pred doesn’t actively celebrate that a prey has died or completely forgets they existed 2 minutes after digesting (or sooner), I could probably get into it with the right scenario.
Average M/f enjoyer
Lonnie
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ixtili » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:07 pm

Lonnie wrote:I honestly am not sure I’ve thought about this that much. I have such an aversion to traditional sadism/“I don’t care about prey’s lives + I’m fine with torturing them + just hungry lol”, that I don’t tend to explore alternatives too much. But it’s kinda intriguing, I admit. Nuance is good. Honestly, as long as a pred doesn’t actively celebrate that a prey has died or completely forgets they existed 2 minutes after digesting (or sooner), I could probably get into it with the right scenario.

I wasn't talking about forgetting the prey or even necessarily celebrating their death. I meant more that the preds instincts and emotions make it impossible to truly regret devouring a loved one. Heck their instincts might even be more insistant that devouring a loved one is the right thing than if it were just a stranger.

Like Chameleonette said you can play a possessive angle with this sort of horror hunger. You can also do as KnightleyPaine suggested and explore how a pred who can't necessarily regret what they've done tries to retain some kind of moral normalcy with his "this can't happen again" resolve.

You could do both, have someone motivated by possessiveness "slip up" on their moral facade give in to their true nature devour someone they care about and realise afterwards intellectually that they messed up even if from their own perspective they can't actually regret their actions. They might still be human enough to recognise that if they truly were human they probably wouldn't feel this way.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby blergle » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:17 am

I definitely like this kind of thing. My main interest in vore is the horror aspect, and this is a twisted take on it that makes it just that more awful. The whole "you belong to me and after I've made you a part of me you're mine forever" thing is so warped I kinda love it.
blergle
---

Postby skorm » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:56 am

Last edited by skorm on Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
skorm
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoraciousPreyator » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:57 pm

I have a new concept to write sometime. I never thought of this really, but its very interesting and will do it sometime for sure.
Vore Code
Commissions Are: Open
Ideas Are: Always Welcome
Discord: Very Selectively Accepting
VoraciousPreyator
Somewhat familiar

Return to General Vore Discussion