Vore Guilt (or how to learn to stop worrying and enjoy vore)

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Vore Guilt (or how to learn to stop worrying and enjoy vore)

Postby okutrooper24 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:54 pm

I have been interested in and enthralled by vore for years now, been a member of this site and a lurker within the community, but in all that time, I have never been able to shake the stigmas around being interested in things like vore, dolcett and some of the darker subjects within. I feel guilty deriving such enjoyment from what is basically art and stories of death ranging from erotic to outright brutal or any manner of in between, despite holding a value for life even though i delve into this knowing it is only fantasy and would never let this go beyond the imagination, printed page, written word and controlled RP. i feel almost a sour, anxiousness even though it inspires the drive to write and create stories about this myself even though i know here is where i have an audience who will (pardon the pun) eat it up if i just put them out there. this feels foolish to say because Vore, Snuff, DiD and other peril are VERY common fetishes and just spending so much time on this site has shown i am not alone in taking pleasure from these, but i still feel guilty to this extent. I have friends i openly talk about darker kinks with, who have their own revelatory fantasies of pain and morbidity, usually as prey to the predatory takes i have, but i still feel too shamed to open up about this to them about these turn ons.

Does anyone else find themselves feeling this way? Am i a bad or monstrous person for this enjoyment or is this all in my head? In turn, does ignoring these feelings imply something is wrong with me? if you have been where i am describing right now and it is not as bad as i am making it out to be, what are some ways of reconciling this internal conflict so i can relax and just enjoy the ride?
okutrooper24
New to the forum

Re: Vore Guilt (or how to learn to stop worrying and enjoy v

Postby doomed » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:57 pm

its all a matter of finding out what your limit to vore related shit is . find out what makes you sick , what makes you feel guilty what makes you confused. all of it. this requires experimenting. that said i suggest using the non~fatal tag for now and work from there
doomed
Participator

Postby The Saint of Ravens » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:10 pm

The big thing is, these are all fantasy kinks, being indulged in a space made for them between consenting adults. As long as you aren't looking to engage in real life cannibalism, or jump into your local tiger exhibit, at the end of the day as long as you're engaging with it in fantasy terms in a way that's healthy for you it hurts no one. We are a community that's a confluence of many extreme kinks, but they all share the same trait of being fantastical. As long as it stays fantasy, there's no harm, no foul.
No worries, I don't bite~
The Saint of Ravens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby okutrooper24 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:10 pm

doomed wrote:its all a matter of finding out what your limit to vore related shit is . find out what makes you sick , what makes you feel guilty what makes you confused. all of it. this requires experimenting. that said i suggest using the non~fatal tag for now and work from there

That's just it, I have been, and i found some of the gooier stuff does land for me, but there will be times where i am all in on something Willing/Hard/Fatal, and then there is that secondary thought of "am i horrible for enjoying that?" after the fact, even though I know it is not real, should not be done irl and is not really that outlandish compared to stuff i have seen that has crossed that line before and I will give a hard no to personally. does that make sense?
okutrooper24
New to the forum

Postby TheDragonBoy » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:19 pm

Am i a bad or monstrous person for this enjoyment or is this all in my head?

If it’s any consolation, actual “bad monstrous people” are incapable of even considering they might be bad. Not that I would think being into vore makes a bad person anyway.
TheDragonBoy
Somewhat familiar

Postby notitthrowaway » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:39 pm

I think about this every now and again. I'm not a psychologist, or sex therapist, or neurologist, or any other profession that might have some insight into the nature of kinks in general - I'm just a guy - so I'm not really going to comment on the more controversial and extreme aspects which can sometimes be related to vore (coprophilia, guro, fatal digestion, etc.). From my own anecdotal experience and reflection, however, I do have some thoughts on the basic concept of vore which I believe are relevant.

I think it's pretty natural to have these guilty thoughts about it. That's not to say that it's good or necessary or deserved to remain guilty forever, but if anything I think it's an encouraging sign of self reflection and introspection that you're examining your own impulses on that level, and considering whether the things you think and feel are right or wrong. And as you said, at first blush and from an outside view vore is pretty messed up. There are a lot of messed up fetishes, and although the standard arguments of "we didn't choose this" and "it's just fantasy, not hurting anyone" are true, I think a lot of people still have trouble coming to grips with this fetish because of how weird it is, it seems unnatural. Well, it definitely is weird. Humans are weird creatures. But in my experience, thinking about why this fetish even exists, how it could have come to be, and why the brain might work that way, actually helps to see it as more natural and less like some kind of sick deviancy deserving of shame and self-loathing.

I don't even think it's that surprising, when you really think about it. Hunger and lust are very base instincts, and they're pretty deeply entwined even for people who don't specifically share this fetish. In the mainstream, erotic language conflating food and hunger and sex is so, so common. People "eat" ass/pussy. Ass is "cake". Dick might be "sausage". Cum is "cream". There are any number of flirtatious ways to describe someone as attractive in terms of being tasty/delicious (e.g. "You look just about good enough to eat"). I just went on the top posts of /r/gonewild to remind myself of some examples, and on the second page one of the titles asks, "Edible?" Being "sweet" is always seen as a good thing. There's a million relevant songs ("She's my cherry pie. Cool drink of water, such a sweet surprise. Tastes so good, makes a grown man cry..." -- or just look up the video for the Katy Perry song "Bon Appetit").

I could keep going for a long time. Appetites for food and sex are clearly very closely related. Again, I'm no expert, but my understanding is that on a low biological/neurological level those desires and reward systems also deal with very similar brain chemistry. So with all that in mind, it mustn't take very many wires getting crossed for some vore-related fetish to be born, especially if you add in a dash of BDSM (another very common, accepted attraction based in relatively normal/mundane power dynamics).

All this to say that, at its core, vore really isn't that "weird" compared to a lot of fetishes out there. Of course it's also very diverse and there are a lot of different niches in the vore community. I can't speak to every fantasy, I don't have explanations for them all, and I have plenty that go far beyond how I normally like to think of myself (just like you). But beyond just knowing that there's no reason to be guilty for a harmless fantasy that you didn't choose, hopefully this helps to start to think about the underlying aspects of those interests that actually appeal to you and how they might have arisen naturally. And once you do that, you can maybe start to see how they're just thoughts arranged in a particular, mostly meaningless way that happen to give your brain the chemicals it craves, and not necessarily an expression of the quality of your character.

The important thing is, as long as you're not hurting anyone, whatever makes you happy is A-OK. That can include indulging in these fantasies, or ignoring them if you like, if you find that that makes you feel better. It's not up to anyone's judgement but yours.
notitthrowaway
Been posting for a bit

Postby MrUnnamed » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:42 pm

I've also had those thought and feelings for a long time sometimes even now, one-part of my brain will go: "haha funny picture/video/story/whatever" and the other will be: "tHaTh's FUcKinG MuRDeR". I think, funnily enough, that these thoughts are somewhat healthy, it shows you have some sort of empathy towards other people, there's also the fact that with experimentation you'll find that "limit" of what is enjoyable and what's a big no no, there's no shame in putting limits of what you like and at the end of the day, you shouldn't feel guilty for liking something like this because it's just fantasy, it doesn't hurt anyone.
MrUnnamed
New to the forum

Postby TheKawaiiCommie » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:29 am

Life is too short to spend worrying about whether mere sex fantasy thoughts are acceptable to have. Recognize that it's fine to be a pervert. It's certainly more fun.
TheKawaiiCommie
Somewhat familiar

Postby okutrooper24 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:03 am

TheKawaiiCommie wrote:Life is too short to spend worrying about whether mere sex fantasy thoughts are acceptable to have. Recognize that it's fine to be a pervert. It's certainly more fun.

I'll drink to that
okutrooper24
New to the forum

Postby NAACCOUNT101 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:35 am

its shouldnt make you feel bad unless you are doing something dangerous like swallowing fish or something and i get the whole the with fatal vore not being liked, i think its cruel and gross and plus having a prey that can come back can make more art and stories which is why i like it most
NAACCOUNT101
New to the forum

Postby okutrooper24 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:15 am

NAACCOUNT101 wrote:its shouldnt make you feel bad unless you are doing something dangerous like swallowing fish or something and i get the whole the with fatal vore not being liked, i think its cruel and gross and plus having a prey that can come back can make more art and stories which is why i like it most

I would absolutely not bring anything from here into reality so we are safe on that front. And I love restorable prey!
okutrooper24
New to the forum

Postby jaggedjagd » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:36 am

okutrooper24 wrote: if you have been where i am describing right now and it is not as bad as i am making it out to be, what are some ways of reconciling this internal conflict so i can relax and just enjoy the ride?

Realize that no one actually cares. As long as you don't start showing off vore pics at work, why would anyone care. Why would anyone who isn't specifically into it even know about it, much less look it up. You owe no one justification for your private fantasies. If the sketchier parts of vore aren't your thing, then you don't have to associate yourself with that aspect. I'm tempted to have a conniption whenever i see photo edits of RL shit warped into vore, but it ain't my problem what others do. Lots of stuff i like could easily go on the "no go" list of a lot of other people, and could get me on some kind of blacklist with the easily offended. Ain't stopping me from enjyoing it.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby hibbyjibby » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:06 pm

I'm not one of those kinds of people who dislikes 'judging' others. We're humans n' demanding people not judge you is like asking them to not have preferences or dislikes. That being said, can you judge someone purely on just their thoughts? Actions are a lot more impactful and telling, and as long as you're not doing this to actual living things, at worst you might be weird but considering the kinda site this is, that's hardly a crime or uncommon. I may not share your exact interests or reasons but odds are you could judge me negatively for those same reasons.

Personally I view the best kinds of smut as those being a bit self aware. Or atleast not overly serious and grimdark. Even something like 40K, which literally invented the term grimdark, is so over-the-top dark and violent it loops back to being really dumb and almost comedic at times. If you feel bad for enjoying something on that level, I think the solution is just how you approach these fetishes. Or, asking yourself why you like said topics. Understanding yourself better, even if it doesn't quite assuage any fears you have of being a good or bad person, should atleast bring some kind of comfort and finality to how you feel about your fetish interests.

It's good you atleast considered even asking yourself this question too. Genuine psychopaths and sociopaths either never do, or they do and believe it isn't important. On top of that it's important to know what limits you have, if any. Full on hedonistic, yeah you probably are lacking from a moral angle. But if you're not THAT far-gone, odds are your guilty conscience is just acting up, and like I mentioned figuring some details and specifics out about what you like and why you like it might help you out.
(●`ε´●) Only have one Waifu, because having more will ruin your life-u (。・`ω´・。)!!
hibbyjibby
Somewhat familiar

Postby Summerleaves » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:11 pm

I’ve had a lot of the same thoughts as you, but I don’t think the fetish itself is evil— at least, it is as harmless/full as any other fetish could be within reason. But I’ve often wondered why my brain acts out fantasies of closeness with the feminine in these terms. It’s very, very weird.
Summerleaves
Been posting for a bit

Postby Astronommy » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:49 am

Thank you for starting this conversation! It is never easy to open up to people who you suspect may not fully relate to your problem, but as you can see, this has struck a chord with quite a few people.

It is true that while *technically*, you don't need to justify the bizarre and abusive elements of any given kink to others on account of it being harmless fiction, if it's *yourself* who is uncomfortable with that, then you cannot dismiss it that easily; same goes for the people you would like to discuss the kink with, and whose opinion you value -- you would need to develop *some* way of talking about it that doesn't fill you with guilt and shame.

It is just one way of looking at it, but I believe that vore, BDSM and similar kinks, function by baking some new rules into the fictional version of our world that allow characters to bypass the usual constraints that prevent us satisfying our desires in the real world, no matter how taboo or inappropriate those may be. Someone may be absolutely mortified, and appalled at the very notion of engaging in nonconsensual sex, but have experienced desire towards strangers or unavailable/incompatible people, and have felt the frustration at the fundamental rules of society making that desire impossible to realize.

At the same time, in a fictional environment where, for example, wolf people are known to hunt and eat rabbit people, there are plenty of avaliable scenarios for characters who otherwise would have no reason for starting a relationship or interacting at all to have a passionate intimate encounter, even if a one-sided or short-lived one. So that person frustrated at some romance options being non-negotiably forbidden would find in that vore setting a relief from those frustrations without directly facing the darker themes they would normally be disgusted with -- sometimes, without even realizing the connection.

Those dark themes can be anything: rapey sex, sadistic yearnigs, self-inflicted pain and injury, fear of certain types of people or natural phenomena, revelling in unhygienic conditions, attraction to weird objects, suicidal musings, etc. Sometimes it's a whole group of those desires that a vore setting would allow an outlet for.

And importantly, this isn't to say that the people enjoying such fetishes are "actually" sadists, rapists and prospective suicides, who are just trying to hide those aspects of their personality from themselves under the mask of kink, because without those additional fictional rules, none of us would be willing to indulge those shadow urges, even with complete impunity and anonymity, and even in other genres of fiction. Furthermore, a person can be completely unaware of the underlying desire, and just accept its kink manifestation as a given. Lots of mainstream socially acceptable genres like the vampire, zombie, medieval fantasy, military action movies or UFO conspiracy ficiton, are rife with such masked indulgences, so it's definitely not exclusively a fringe deviant thing.

This is very much an armchair Freudian theory, easily made and easily dismissed, and each kink and even kink subtype will usually have a couple unique appeal points that couldn't be mapped onto commonly recognized behavior patterns and sexual triggers, while some others are difficult to pinpoint. And even if the general mechanics of this explanation can be accepted, there are some kinds of desires which, even fictionalized, are too extreme for most people to admit to themselves or others, so it's not very practical to measure anyone that way.

Brushing that aside, enjoying disturbing kinks does bring a person close to those dark themes, becase all of the related character emotions and the social context of breaking all those taboos still have to be processed by the mind of the creator or the consumer of the fictional product, and it's only healthy to react with unease, as many people here have rightly pointed out.

Another big consideration are the specific outside reactions: a woman who's had an experience with sexual and physical abuse may be more than merely bewildered and unsettled by the entire dolcett genre, for example, and should not be expected to treat it with any degree of sympathy and acceptance; similarly, a member of any group who's historically been exploited by another culture, may take a very dim view of any happiness-in-slavery themes in fiction. Conversely, the same catergories of people may find such fictional simulations of those horrible situations therapeutic.

If you are a creator, yourself, one way of addressing this anxiety may be to have your characters discuss those very concerns, and acknowledge the strangeness or horror of their urges and predicaments. For the prey characters in vore settings, you could arrange some sort of outside context compensation for their pains and loss, such as at least a hint of a cozy afterlife existence, guarantee revival, specify enjoyment of the process of their being consumed, or at least have the story's narration or descriptions unambiguously side with them, and characterize the predator's actions as monstrous, or else saddle the predator with all your guilt and anxiety.

To sum it all up, here's a list of my shortened views on all this:

- Dark kinks may have a basis in suppressed desires.
- That relation can and should be explored, but may be impossible to accurately analyze.
- The fictional nature of extreme kinks is integral to the enjoyment of the dark themes.
- It is right to feel uneasy at the darker aspects of kink.
- That unease can be externalized by having characters address it, or by giving the designated victims better outcomes.
- Viewed from the outside, the subtext of those dark themes can be more easily identified, and criticised.
- Humanity in general is prone to desire the impossible and the unacceptable, and enjoy simulations of such things.
Astronommy
New to the forum

Postby SynthesizedJewel » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:34 am

For me, I've had anxiety and self-deprecating thoughts for a very long time. By the time I realized I was properly into vore, I'd already partly learned how to deal with this kind of stuff. And I had plenty of things on both sides of the line, actually. I used to have an imposter syndrome-like thing of thinking I wasn't really into vore, I was just curious about it. Which... I suppose I was, but I'm also into it. Funny how that works. :V
The shortest answer is this: Everyone enjoys parts of these kinks, if separately and not necessarily as a kink. Nothing about this is actually that weird or unusual. It just seems that way when you lump it altogether.
Also, morbid curiosity is a thing for a reason. And applies to many parts of this.

Sadism/Masochism: Look at the dark magical girl genre. Magical Girl Site is basically misery porn. Madoka Magica is so popular because of the suffering. Look at literally any writing group, and you'll see people talk about how they torment their characters. It's pretty natural, and at times, a way to relieve stress. There's even a feeling that's been labelled "shadenfreude", which is basically enjoying the suffering of others because you hate them. Like wishing pain upon that one coworker who's always annoying you, or hoping your bully from 4th grade gets hit by a car. Or seeing them get told off/slapped/whatever and feeling happy about it. Humans, as a species, are no stranger to sadism and masochism. There's even the dedicated kink of BDSM that delves into this, and has people actually, physically hurting their partners or being hurt, because it helps them get off. (And pain and pleasure very easily get intertwined, apparently.)

Death: Why do you think people enjoy character death in media so much? We're fascinated by the stuff. Even those who feel revulsion at the idea also still tend to enjoy a good story with death in it. The idea of someone dying, while horrifying, is also fascinating. We're enraptured with the concept. Permanent or non-permanent. I mean, entire religions are born because people can't stop thinking about death. Much of most religions is fixated on giving an answer to what happens when we die. So much of science has delved into the nature of life and death. Of course we want it in our stories and sometimes even our porn. The idea and concepts are just so ridiculously fascinating.

Eating: Yeah, I don't think I need to say much here. People enjoy good food, people also often enjoy seeing others enjoy good food. They like hearing about food, or reading descriptions of food. Pretty basic desires here. Swallowing is also a pretty great feeling, really. And oral fixations are ridiculously common.

Scat/Disposal/Urine/Other Gross Parts: Have you heard of bathroom humor? Yeah. People like to talk about that stuff. And make jokes about it. And we're fascinated by it as much as we're disgusted. Who hasn't looked in the toilet after taking a dump and noted bits in their poop if they were there, or the color of their urine? The inner workings of the body are fascinating.

Non-consensual Bits: Almost everyone has had a rape fantasy, I think. Of either raping or being raped, or both. It's fascinating and thrilling. Kinda the same way horror is, actually. Would any of us ever be the villain of a slasher film? Would we ever knowingly be a victim in one? Yeah, probably not. But lotsa people sure do enjoy watching them. And we enjoy stories and stuff about rape, too.

Gore: The horror genre. Like, the entire horror genre is basically 99% gore, 1% everything else. If that's not evidence people love gore, I don't know what is. Especially guys. Some people will advocate for low gore games or movies being bloodier.

Are you a bad person? I think the resounding answer is no, absolutely not. If you wouldn't ever hurt a person just for the hell of it, you're not a bad person. And as someone up there said, if you're feeling guilt about it and/or questioning it, you're not a bad person. Bad people don't ever think to ask if they're bad or not, because they just plain don't tend to care.

Part of why we enjoy these things is because they're taboo. They're the forbidden fruit. And science has proven time and again that something being taboo or forbidden makes it a million times more enjoyable. (The people banned from porn/masturbation/sex/whatever tend to be way more into it because they couldn't have it, as an example.) It makes it foreign, and exciting. That alone is part of the appeal to some people. And why the fantasy part in particular is so appealing. None of this is real. That's what we love about it. It's a safe sandbox to do whatever we please in, and explore the darkest depths of our psyche. There's a reason the typical slaughter games are so popular. We love exploring the very deepest, darkest corners of our minds. Sometimes that's sexual, too.

And, okay. Maybe we are a little bit sadistic/masochistic sometimes. Most people are. Like I said earlier, humans are no stranger to deriving pleasure from pain, no matter what form it takes. But is there anything wrong with that, when we aren't indulging in our fantasies by making them reality? No. Of course not. Lots of people roleplay rape fantasies and stuff. Because it's a safe place to explore the cobweb-ridden edges of our minds. And it's great.

So what's wrong with vore? Honestly? Nothing. It's a kink or a fetish. Like any other. Nobody says people are bad for thinking feet are sexy, or wanting tickle porn featuring feet. What's so wrong with a different kink or fetish? Sure, it looks weird on the outside, but there's nothing really wrong or different here. We're not bad people for enjoying it, and indulging it in a safe, fantasy setting. Nobody's getting hurt. (Though if they consent, it's okay if some people get a little hurt. As a treat. ;) )

---

For me, the brunt of dealing with the anxiety surrounding this came from writing... well, less kinky stories. I was scared to write dark stuff. To show characters getting killed. I was scared of what people would think. I was scared of what it said about me. So I chickened out. And it resulted in horrible writing. This or that, excuses, excuses, anything that danced delicately around why it didn't happen, or why it was okay. And it all changed, with one tiny story. I embraced the darkest depths of my mind. I wrote of death and blood without censoring it. I just let it be. I felt weird. I felt free. I wrote fluff to erase the weirdness. I came back to it the next day. It was fantastic. It's still one of my favorite pieces. And then it hit me. Most writers have written these things. They're not bad for it. Nobody criticizes them for it. (Well, people do, but you know, you can't please everyone.) Life is full of the dark, the horrible. So I should just write what I want to write. No matter how twisted or messed up it is. Everyone else is doing it. Why not me? So I embraced it. I threw myself fully into the darkness, and found warmth, comfort, and excitement. It was therapeutic. It was enticing. It was thrilling.
I wrote more stories. I wrote them exactly as they were meant to be, with every last bit of death and violence on show for the world to see. And you know what? Nobody criticized them. People liked them. And more importantly, I loved them. I loved how they turned out. How they simply existed. And ultimately, if I was happy with them, what else mattered? Maybe my mind isn't perfect, or clean. It's a messy place, full of cobweb-ridden corridors and long-abandoned attics, dusty old rooms people haven't thought of in years and secret passages leading this way or that. And in all that, it's beautiful, it's wonderful, it's perfect, and it's mine. And you know what? I wouldn't change it for the world.

Discovering I was into vore, and other kinks, was weird. Especially because it wasn't long after that I discovered I'm probably asexual. (Or demi. Hard to know if something isn't there or just hasn't shown up yet, you know?) And yet, I like sexual content in stories. I like characters getting off to things, or having sex, or masturbating after eating someone. Sometimes, it's awkward, or uncomfortable. I have no clue what makes the difference. Maybe I'll never know. Do I want myself in my fantasies? Absolutely not. If I had the chance to indulge in my fantasies as myself, I wouldn't in a million years. Do I love fantasizing my characters having sex or eating each other or whatever? Yes. So much yes. Do I find it sexy and appealing? Also yes. I dunno. Maybe it's an empathetic thing. I feel what they're feeling, and I love seeing them happy and enjoying themselves. Same with stories. It's a really weird space that I'm still trying to find the shape of, really. But I guess I'm just a voyeuristic asexual. Which is apparently a thing. And I'm not alone in it, either. But it can make it really hard to talk to other people about it. Explaining this weird, fuzzy-edged space is hard. And weird. And I just don't have the words for it at all. But it's my space. I'm living here. Like the rest of my mind, it's weird, and messy, and fine. It's okay. It doesn't have to be up to anyone's standards. It's my space. No one else gets to define it.

The only rules I have to follow are the ones I make for myself, and if those get in my way, I will shatter them to pieces. Just like I broke through my brain telling me I had to try to make my art perfect. Just like I broke through the wall saying I couldn't write dark stuff. If I have to redefine myself, I will. I'm not subjecting myself to the same shame and torment other people throw around. I'm done with all that. I've spent enough years living in shame. Of being shamed. Over stupid stuff nobody should be ashamed of. If nobody else is there to stand by my side, to pick me back up after I fall, then I'll be there. I'll pick myself back up. I'll stand by myself if I have to. And I'll keep fighting the shame and anxious thoughts for as long as it takes. Because I refuse to give in. I'm done letting them control me.

Is this to say I don't ever have those same, anxious thoughts anymore? That I don't worry and stress and fret over all these things? No. Not ever. I'm not sure they'll ever go away. Anxiety is a part of me as much as everything else. I still worry about a million things every single day. Stuff I have no real reason to worry about. Stuff like this.

That's why I have to remind myself every day. I have to remind myself that it's okay. I'm not broken. I'm not wrong. I'm not defective. I'm just a little different. And that's okay. I am enough. And I don't deserve the beatings and shame I used to give myself. I deserve happiness, too.

All this to say, do yourself a favor, and offer yourself the same kindness and forgiveness you'd give anyone else. You're not broken, either. You're not wrong. You're just a little different. And I bet if you found someone else struggling with this, you'd tell them it's okay, they don't have to be ashamed. It's a part of them, and it doesn't make them horrible. Show yourself that same kindness. Remind yourself every day that you are enough.

It doesn't make it all go away. But it gets easier to live with.
SynthesizedJewel
New to the forum

Postby Hagglesmite » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:00 pm

Sexual guilt is actually quite common in the 'vanilla' BDSM scene as well, so for what it's worth, we're not alone here.

I'm going to repeat a quote from one of my favorite youtube channels, Cinema Therapy:

"Mental Health: it's not your fault, but it IS your responsibility."

Now just as a quick disclaimer, I'm not suggesting that everyone into the vore kink is mentally ill or anything, but it has a similar connotation with how we handle it.

To my knowledge (I'm not a psychologist or anything, so if anyone in the profession can correct me please do so) we don't get to choose any aspects of our sexuality, whether it be who we're attracted to, what types of bodies we're attracted to, etc. What we *can* choose is how we *act*.

The fact that you're questioning this, as the others above me have said, is a resounding confirmation that you are a good person and you're taking responsibility for how you act in regards to the kink, which I think is all you need to do. :-D
*BLAM!*

*Reloads*

Any questions?
Hagglesmite
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Under the rock next to the giant mansion down the street.

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:20 pm

Morally speaking, being into clearly fantastical stories and pictures of people getting swallowed whole and probably digested is no different from going into a game like GTA and playing a game of "How many innocent civilians can I run over before the police stop me?".

It's completely harmless because of the fact that none of it is actually real. And as long as you have a healthy ability to separate fantasy from reality and know that what's okay in one isn't okay in the other, you're fine. I mean, how many Youtubers have you seen do horrible things to people in games for shits and giggles? Even ones that have a reputation for being giant sweethearts in real life like Markiplier have done some fucked up things to characters in video games. If nobody seriously believes they are psychopaths in real life just because they murdered a few pixels, why should you believe you are just because seeing imaginary girls (or boys) getting gobbled up makes your dick hard?
Passionate advocate of female prey. As well as a passionate advocate of male preds to eat those ladies~ Though other preds are acceptable as well.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby Winny » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:28 am

I use to hate myself, I use to hate vore, I use to hate all the odd fetishes that I love now.

I will be honest, it was a very up hill battle with myself.

A little context, when I found vore when I was younger I was totally a prey centric person. But I was a prey centric person because during my time in life I was lost and I didn't know what I wanted.

I had no goals, I didn't know what I enjoyed doing. I didn't have a path forward and I had no drive to do anything. I was diagnosed with Uni-polar as a child. If you don't know what that is just google it, suffice to say to a lot of people in the world having Uni-polar is a death sentence. But I survived, in a way.

When I started to branch out fetish wise I was in a dark place looking for thrills, so I started searching out new fetishes. My inner joke is I have fetish for finding new fetishes. For a time it helped stave off the self hatred. After all if I was pleasuring myself to new degenerate things 24/7 then I couldn't hate myself.

That all changed when I faced homelessness, and my family left me to rot. Suffering from my old drug addiction and starting my life sober and drug free. My unipolar hit back with a huge vengence. No longer did I have the easy pleasure of chemicals or my drive for fetishes. Instead I had a single mattress and a small room to call home with no money.

So I thought what was the point.

I'm in a much better place now, though my family had abandoned me at my critical time. I fought on, I won't lie I used anger and rage to push through to get where I am now. Now I am calmer, and I try to help others in similar positions and I want to bring joy to others through my writing.

Now... You are probably wondering what the hell any of this has to do with loving this fetish and how to stop worrying about loving it.

Life is short, your family is few and your friends are special. So love your life/family/friends. But always remember, that this is fiction, this is not real. And non of this will ever be real in your lifetime. Even through VR. You are allowed to love strange and degenerate things, you are not harming anyone and you are not harming yourself for liking something that will never be possible.

Those that practice fantasy football don't get depressed because they are not the managers of their fictional team, likewise. People are not injured and hateful for never being able to be that drummer or guitar player on their favotie band/song team. Likewise, you won't be injured and hateful for enjoying a small aspect of sexuality that makes you feel good. Because in truth, it will never hurt anyone, not even yourself.

So how do I handle liking vore? Even though by all standards society will hate it? Simple.

I know myself, I know what I like. And I accept that I am different, I am not wrong. I am different, just like the rest of you all are different to each other. Love what you love, and love yourself and your friends and family.

This is fiction, and you should never EVER feel bad for loving something that will ever hurt another person.

I hope this helps.

Forever love Winny~
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Antithrop » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:31 pm

xxx
Last edited by Antithrop on Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antithrop
New to the forum

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion