Discussing Vore Character/Enemy/Monster concepts for TTRPG.

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Discussing Vore Character/Enemy/Monster concepts for TTRPG.

Postby Houyo » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:43 pm

Hey, I was incredibly bored and bit very intensely by the Table Top RPG bug. So now I've been wanting to ask people for ideas and discuss concepts for character, monsters, and enemies that could fit into vore themed RPG campaigns. Would love to hear about ideas for any setting or the like, and if I feel like it I might stat some ideas out. No strict requirements for particular systems to use, so feel free to bring up what game you'd like to the concept added to. Or even feel free to stat out some monster stat blocks yourself! Hell, doesn't even have to be strictly stat blocks. Could include stuff like vorish themed items, equipment, quests, locations... Mostly an open ended thread for brainstorming any ideas we feel like.

If you're interested in discussing stuff but are unsure where to start, here's a sample setting/concept that people can build off if they want:

Predator Tamers: A setting where man eating monsters are captured and bred by Tamers for sport or war. More of a traditional medieval fantasy world with knights and wizards, but every adventurer worth their salt also has at least one predator they have trained to help them in battle. Some predators are simple animals, some are magical beasts, and others can even be sentient creatures. Predators are very powerful, thus making them used for warfare and sport, or simply for protection. Still, better make sure you can keep your predator satisfied or you might end up it's next meal!
Houyo
???

Re: Discussing Vore Character/Enemy/Monster concepts for TTR

Postby Achenar » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:46 am

Well, one obvious angle is carnivorous plantgirls. Alraune, nepenthes, or more esoteric creatures like drosera. I whipped up a couple of 5e-lite stat blocks for a casual game a while back. Can't find the notes anymore though, except this more complex one.

Here's the reference image I was using for that encounter...

Achenar
Participator

Postby Houyo » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:56 am

Woah, that's a pretty awesome idea! I'd totally use that sometime.
Houyo
???

Postby Achenar » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:41 am

One thing to also consider is the predators' intentions. If you're a mobile predator who's already eaten someone, why would you hang around and continue fighting the others? Wolves don't engage an entire herd of moose, they pick off a straggler or two and back off quick if the herd rounds on them. And even a particularly gluttonous predator may take what he can get and run if things turn dire. So it's important not only to consider mechanics but also the behavior of your monsters. Are you making an ambush predator who's going to try to lunge out, eat someone, and do something like burrow away with her meal? A glutton who's going to eat as many as he can, but still canny enough to waddle away with what he can get when his health falls low? Something immobile or otherwise unable to leave so she has no choice but to beat (and eat) everyone or be taken down there?
Achenar
Participator

Postby Vesari » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:04 am

Admittedly, I don't play many TTRPGs, but I did have a couple of ideas. You could have boss encounter where the boss (in my mind like a succubus or lamia woman) swallows one of the players, and the other players have to rescue that player before they digest (the player inside the boss can fight back as well). Makes the battle a race against time. Alternatively, you could also have an NPC be in danger of being digested instead, and the players need to defeat the boss before they finish them off. You could even have the boss heal or get stronger if they fail.

I also like the idea of a "Patches"-like NPC predator who tries to lure the players into an area where they can eat them. Like, asking the players to retrieve an item that's located in an area that paralyzes the players if they're not careful. And then the predator sneaks in and tries to swallow and make off with one of the party in their belly.
Vesari
New to the forum

Postby Houyo » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:15 pm

I actually designed an encounter once on the back of a horse drawn carriage that gets attacked by a pack of werewolves. There was an NPC carriage driver who the party has to protect because the wolves would jump off the carriage once they fully ate somebody. So if they ate a party member they would be dragged off to escape the werewolves belly and fight it solo... Of just end up wolf fat. If the carriage driver was eaten though the horses would go out of control unless one of thr players took the reign. If they went two turns without being steered the entire carriage would crash. If they kept the driver alive they would have gotten a reward, but if not they would find the 'remains' of the driver when they later visited the werewolf den.

All good ideas so far. Would love to expand on some. What would be some good species for these ideas? Also, who is patches? Sounds interesting.
Houyo
???

Postby Bright » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:35 pm

Pelican harpies would be adapted to eat and flee approach.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Achenar » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:04 pm

Really, the type of monster is going to depend on who you're playing with, and what they want to see. Whether they only want a chance at defeat if the dice fall in their foes' favor, or whether they want overtuned fights where it's likely a player or two will need to replace their character each session. Once you figure that out, then you can start working out the rest. Behavior is going to vary from monster to monster, after all. A skink might grab someone and hastily burrow back underground to digest them, but a komodo dragon is likely going to scarf someone down and then pummel the rest of the party unconscious to stock his larder with. Even within the same species there's going to be differences.

I do agree that vore as an objective can also be fun, though it's a bad idea to just have the objective suddenly occur - don't for example start a combat with someone blindsiding the party, eating one of them, and starting to run off. I had an idea rattling around for an FE map of sorts where the heroes are sent to rescue a captured prince from a group of corsairs... and arrive to see him halfway down the captain's gullet. In other words, set it up beforehand, and default to NPCs rather than players being the hostage unless the situation arises organically in battle after the players have had agency.

Though, if they leave only one person on watch, and a particularly stealthy mantid clambers up behind him...
Achenar
Participator

Postby Houyo » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:59 am

Pelican harpies are brilliant. Gonna make a crew of pirate pelican harpies now.

As for specifics of the species, I'm trying to write a vore themed monster manual for fun (I'll credit people if they are cool with me using their ideas). I have experience dming and such for vore campaigns in the past. Burrowing preds and komodo dragons are cool ideas though.

Also, I remember I was writing a political intrigue themed adventure module where the party has to negotiate peace between rival noble houses. Some involve assassination attempts that they have to respond to correctly (ignore distractions and the like) or else the person they are meant to protect might already be digested by the time they get there.
Houyo
???

Postby Siuddithsi » Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:40 pm

The biggest thing about vore in TTRPGs is that unless you're playing with other voriphiles, it can get awkward.

Almost every TTRPG foe is capable of hard vore. Ghouls and Ghasts are made for it, humanoids cook their food. But the creatures that do soft vore are either large (dragons, dinosaurs, giants and similar) or stretchable (giant snakes, Yuan-Ti).

Some other soft vore options include:

Aboleth, Bulette, Bullywug (frogs bellys stretch), demons (especially Hezrou and Marilith), Doppelgangers (I use doppelgangers as the "Vore" predator. Instead of regular humans that learn how to engulf prey, Doppelgangers swallow their victims whole and can shapechange only into people they've eaten), Mimic, Otyugh, Purple worm, Remorhaz, Roc, Slaadi, Tarrasque, Wyvern and Xorn (Xorn eat gems, not flesh. They could swallow someone who wears lots of gems, or keep someone in their mouth to extort payment of gems)

Of course Spellcasters can use polymorph and shrinking spells to make someone bite sized (but would take at least 5d6 damage when the spell wears off, per size category difference).

And of course, in lewd campaigns intelligent creatures could figure out how to do oral sex on their victims.
Siuddithsi
---

Postby Achenar » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:09 pm

It's probably worth looking to East Asian mythology too for inspiration. Tanukis and their famously gigantic balls are a natural fit for CV, of course, but there are plenty of things that could be either used or adapted. Like the rokurobi - imagine one that could stretch out their jaws and send someone sliding down hundreds of yards of long, tightly-squeezing throat. Tengu are already fairly close to harpies, of course, and you could cast something like okiku-mushi as a naga variant - or make a slight modification and have yourself a tsuchinoko naga...
Achenar
Participator

Postby alockwood1 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:29 pm

In my one interactive, Dungeons and Monsters, which is mostly D&D5e based, with options for more, I've ruled that a creature can swallow another that's two sizes smaller than them, unless they have the Swallow ability, then they can easily swallow someone their size. This is common in many races/monsters. Between allies and friends, this is non-fatal, while between foes, it could be fatal, upon the Predator's decision.

Of course, if say Susan the Arcane Archer Fighter dies while inside the stomach of this Centaur Bandit Captain that's currently running away with her inside of them, while a party member tries to rescue them, then that character ends up as horse food - although the party member might try to recover the body out of revenge/respect. That being said, as the next place the party ends up at, there will be someone like Susan the Champion Fighter, who is a lot like Susan the AAF. After all, kill the character, not the player. (Honestly, some stories bother me where the "real life" player is eaten and fatally digested, all because that happened to their "in game" character - I see that as a violation of the Code of Conduct between players and DMs.)
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby alockwood1 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:51 pm

If one is interested, here's my Dungeons and Monsters interactive, primarily D&D5e based, but includes options for the other editions, Pathfinder, and Starfinder - so far, more to be allowed as people add. https://aryion.com/iss/overview.php?story=1175

General idea is that Monster World was reveled, and turns out, they like TTRPGs, and have made their own spin on a number of them, Dungeons and Dragons included. A human is looking for a group to play in, possibly due to issues with their old group. They find one that has Monsters running it. Then there's the fact that many have Immersion magic/technology that let one control their characters. In immersion games, folks tend to play characters that are basically based off of them - an Orc might be a Melee Brute, or they might be a highly intelligent Spellcaster, or they might be a Spellcaster that's also a Brute. This also goes for their races - they play what they are, or a reskinned version of a race that's close to what they can do, although Custom Lineage tends to be popular for races that don't fit so neatly into a pre-made race, even one that's reskinned. As for stats, those are based off of the person, same with skills.

That being said, since humans don't understand or have the ability to use magic, they tend to be magicless Barbarians, Fighters, Monks, and Rogues. That being said, there's plenty of magic to be found.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion