Digestion and absorption as 2 distinct methods for pred vore

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Digestion and absorption as 2 distinct methods for pred vore

Postby MajinCell » Wed May 10, 2023 6:06 pm

As a follow-up to my other last thread, I feel like something about Super Buu from DBZ inspired me to make this thread... when a pred like Super Buu has "absorption" as the way to copy his opponent's or victim's particular abilities/powers and gain their current strength level on top of that, it made me think...

Buu seems to have two different ways of pulling this off... either digesting them or keeping them in his body's "people pods".

Preds like these will have two inherent methods of gaining their enemy's or victim's strength and power to their fullest and greatest extent after eating them, because simply swallowing them whole and keeping them in their stomach/body indefinitely, whether their bodies present are alive or even dead, won't be enough to do so. And the two following methods are:

1. Digestion

2. Absorption

The difference? The second will preserve the prey's body, but will be trapped or suspended in the pred's stomach flesh/body tissue and has to be embedded and integrated fully and completely (whether in a pod like Super Buu or just stored deep enough into their stomach flesh/tissue or at the core of their body inside ) for all of their power to be 99%-100% absorbed. Anything short of that will be an incomplete or partial absorption at best and if the prey is simply alive and present inside the prey's body, but not actually embedded/integrated into their flesh/tissue/being (yet), the pred will only receive and utilize just a varied fraction of the prey's full strength and power at best (but still have their abilities/powers/skillsets otherwise) and if the prey in particular has a special protective shield of some kind, then little to none.

The ups and downs of each?

Digestion is more effective and reliable in certainly and permanently gaining the fullest strength/power of the prey in question after they get completely dissolved or broken down, however it can take a much longer time than absorbing them and it can be a lot harder (and even sometimes impossible) to digest them, depending on how strong and durable the foe is and the nature of their physiology (being intangible, incorporeal, non-physical, or otherwise normally indigestible). But once the enemy/victim is completely digested and dissolved, there's pretty much nothing left of their remains to be physically retrieved or seen by the naked eyes of an outside observer.

Absorption is relatively easier and much faster and even potentially more instant in doing the same and is more useful for working on a wider variety of enemies and victims including even ones that are of radically unconventional physiology or are otherwise normally indigestible (or way harder to digest) to their natural stomach acids/enzymes, however the pred's stomach or body has to actually physically catch and restrain the prey with its innate flesh or tissue first and successfully pull or embed them within their body deep enough or whatever physical means their inner body has of trapping or suspending them in stasis to store them. And not only do they have to truly embed/store them to be given access to the prey's fullest powers, they have to be kept in there indefinitely as well with either no outside help or external force freeing them from the pred's body's clutches by whatever means OR the prey itself having insufficient strength or willpower of some kind to successfully break free or resist being completely trapped/suspended (or at least having their full strength and powers completely siphoned or integrated into the pred's body in its absorption process). At least with digestion, it's reliably permanent and more inherent and the prey themselves cannot physically reverse their fate on their own once they're already dissolved.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by MajinCell on Fri May 12, 2023 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MajinCell
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Digestion and absorption as 2 distinct methods for pred

Postby twitchystitch » Thu May 11, 2023 4:02 pm

I think this soundds extremely good and, if I am reading this correctly and assuming it is not DB specific but could be applied to other settings or original work, it would be a GREAT way to write preds with some interesting narrative limits to digestion and power growth. It requires some thought to their predation and making themselves as strong as possible, which can be a LOT more interesting than a more straightforward feast rampage?

Both have their risks and advantages, which makes them very appealing.
twitchystitch
New to the forum

Postby MajinCell » Fri May 12, 2023 12:41 pm

twitchystitch wrote:I think this soundds extremely good and, if I am reading this correctly and assuming it is not DB specific but could be applied to other settings or original work, it would be a GREAT way to write preds with some interesting narrative limits to digestion and power growth. It requires some thought to their predation and making themselves as strong as possible, which can be a LOT more interesting than a more straightforward feast rampage?

Both have their risks and advantages, which makes them very appealing.

Yeah dude, pretty sure you read that correctly bro. This thread particularly applies to any settings or works outside of the Dragon Ball franchise or anything created or illustrated by Akira Toriyama.

And I am probably inclined to agree with your point that it does throw in a variable to storytelling to showcase the limits of the pred's absorption/digestion abilities.

What prey do you think is more suitable for outright digestion and which is more suitable for non-fatal full body absorption to gain their powers indefinitely?
MajinCell
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MajinCell » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:59 am

So are there any preds in any fan art or fan fiction whose methods of absorbing their prey's abilities and essence comes through either permanently digesting them physically or integrating them as part of their body in one piece?
MajinCell
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MajinCell » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:49 am

bump
MajinCell
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion