[PLEASE READ] Community and Commenting

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: [PLEASE READ] Community and Commenting

Postby FatJaguar » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:34 am

I have recently been posting comments on people's work, because I realize that so many people have posted on mine. How unfair and lazy is it of me to not post on anyone else's? And it's not like it takes a huge amount of effort.

But, I stick only to phrases like "I like, very nice, good job, excelent use of colors" and such. This is becase I once offered a very positive assesment of someone's work, lavished him in praise, then suggested that he work on one small thing, and he blew up at me. He got all bent out of shape and accused me of being 'superior.' He also said I had no right to 'judge' him or his work because I am in a different "league." (His words not mine) All I did was say you might want to consider working on X. It will greatly improve the overall appearance of your work.

I guess it is because I go to art school where constructive criticsm is welcomed. It would be nice if more people were open to it. Of course, artists can grow on their own, but constructive criticism really helps a great deal. If some people could put their egos aside, they might stand to benefit. Not pointing fingers at anyone in particular.
FatJaguar

About Commenting

Postby Deathworks » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:28 am

Hi!

In reply to MrHoppy:

As for seeing new comments, once an artist visits her album, she can ask to have the recent comments shown to her. Beyond that, there is no information mechanism, so comments may go unnoticed for quite a while if the artist does not check her album regularly.

Currently, comments do not get any of the buttons attached you have with message board posts. So, the artist is not really invited to answer via e-mail.

On a personal note, I prefer to answer comments at the same level, that is in the comment fields. This way, anyone interested can see what I have to say and if people had similar thoughts as the person who actually commented, they may see their questions answered as well.

In response to FatJaguar:

It is unfortunate that you made such an experience. Personally, I welcome constructive criticism. As you said, it can help improve one's art. However, I also have to admit that I may not always be willing to change my art according to suggestions, even if they are good suggestions. Some things are simply a matter of style, some things are limits on personal skill.

So, while I think I would be thankful for any advice or suggestions, it is quite possible that I won't be able to change quickly in accordance to them.

I think it would be a shame if you had to hold back what you have to share because of that experience. Hopefully, some more artists openly announce that they welcome constructive criticism, so that you have the opportunity to help those who want to get helped in that way.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re: About Commenting

Postby MrHoppy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:31 am

Hi Deathworks,

Yeah, you reminded me of a point I was going to make, but short-circuited it. I would prefer to answer a comment in the comments field too. To keep in touch, though, you'd have to be emailed everytime someone posted in the comment thread that you posted in, or else have a list of "subsequent comments" on a dashboard when you log into your account.

Incidentally, while we're on the subject, I've long been an admirer of your art. The fact that I don't understand the text makes it more flexible, I find :D
MrHoppy
Participator

Thank You

Postby Deathworks » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:47 am

Hi!

I wanted to thank MrHoppy for his kind words. However, truth be told, I hope you can also like Tama-chan and the others the way they really are (^_^;; (IIRC, I have given translations in the descriptions of the pictures I uploaded at Eka's for this purpose)

Your comment did remind me of somthing also basically touched upon by CanisLupisVulpe: There are different kinds of comments and people may respond differently to them.

In my case, I am thankful for any comments and try to react to them. However, comments that deal with the personality of the characters and their feelings and stories are the dearest to me since these aspects are the center pin for me.

Don't get me wrong, I am really happy about anything people have to say about my works; it is just that evidence that someone is caring for my children in a way similar to me is something special for me. This is because my art is more a way to embrace the characters and be close to them and not so much a way to express designing skill or craftiness.

So, when you write a comment, a variation in the strength of response may also be based on the way the artist conceives her art or feels about it.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re: Thank You

Postby FatJaguar » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:31 am

Deathworks: I agree with you. But there's a difference between listening to someone's advice then ignoring it, and blowing up at someone for offering it in the first place. I didn't impress the matter. I made one friendly suggestion, buffered it in compliments, and I was met with a vitriolic tidal wave of insults. So now I just keep my opinions to myself. I feel like I'm walking on egg shells sometimes, and ya never know who's going take something you said the wrong way.

So it's much safer for me to just say nice things about the things I like and not say anything at all about the things I don't like. Besides, this isn't really a critique site anyway.

Again, it is the artschool influence. I'm used to people visciously tearring other people's stuff apart. It's comparable to being in a war zone. Then suddenly I'm thrust into 'The Sound of Music' where we are playing a game of tag. Anyone who tags to hard gets yelled at.
FatJaguar

Postby GoldFox » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:36 am

yeah, comments would be nice!
as a writer myself, even a 'good job!' makes me grin and want to write more. I try to comment on everything i see, because i want the same.
so, please, people, help the artists! comment!

-GoldFox ^-^
GoldFox
---

Postby htfcuddles » Fri May 18, 2007 11:30 pm

May I post here? This is my first post in this forum and I want to say some things.
I've downloades varyous stories for reading them offline into my pen drive. I don't remember the creator names, but I've downloaded "Fair play" (by Strega) , "Nidoking for a Day" (by Fizer), Alligator Tears (by Fizer), and The Way to a Dragon's Hearth (don't remember author :P). I only can say: Great. I've looked for this a lot of time. I love Vore, but i didn't know what is. Because this is a secret for me... well... This site was a revelation. I loved it from the first time, and I hope post here again.

For the authors of histories AND pictures: Great. A lot of them I loved it.
Soon I'll post some of my work.

PS: Sorry my bad english, but... I speak spanish! :P
htfcuddles
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Taluthus » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:11 am

As an writer, i can say, having somone comment on your work and say that they liked it can be the difference between you throwing away the idea and not wanting to write something for a while, or having a drive to work on the idea and expand it more.

I have only just published my first story, only being new, but even just the couple of comments i have recieved from people so far has made me serisously want to get down and start work on the next chapter.

Cheers go out to Mitch for his blessings and continued interest in my story :D
Taluthus
"MMhmm thats right that tail is nice and soft.. did you know that its even nicer on the inside.... " *Glomp!*

"Mhmmm"
Taluthus
Somewhat familiar

Postby Removeduser2161 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:53 pm

I will definatly have to do that now...though I usually us Deviant art ^^

Hey Taluthus
Removeduser2161
Been posting for a bit

Postby Demicus » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:52 am

I use a PSP to get around here. Let me tell you, its hard to comment.

SOOOOO illl say a quick blurb. If you read tis, I probabally have seen your stuff, and 8 times of 10, its awsome. Of those, 1 in 5 are 100% epic.

Illl comment more directly later this week, eh? ^_^
Demicus
Somewhat familiar

Re: one more thing...

Postby Nasonxian » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:18 am

Eka wrote:Please, also be warned, people are simply too shy

This is somewhat true for myself... I tend to not speak out my views on... well... anything really... I don't know what sort of phobia it is, or if it's even a phobia at all, but it's very hard for me to do things in public such as commenting and forum or chatroom rp's[hense why it's incredibly rare to see me there]. I think the reason is that I'm afraid at some level that my comment will start some sort of conflict. Anyway, this isn't meant to be about me... If I do get enough courage to comment, then I do, but it's fairly rare that I'm able to. I just hope that doesn't discourage artists from making their work.. I know one person not commenting won't, but I'm sure there must be more who are afraid to comment, whether it be for the same reason, or another. Either way, however, artists should know that I honestly do appreciate the work, I simply can't bring myself to say so out loud.
Nasonxian
Tender Heart Dragon

Re: one more thing...

Postby Kiala_Tiagra » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:57 pm

all said here is true, I usually faved without commenting a few weeks ago but I changed and tried to post comments more now.
Kiala_Tiagra
Somewhat familiar

Postby pregnantvore » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:28 pm

True enough man. Even outside of the portal positive reinforcement can motivate a ant to move mountains. I for one love to comment especially when it's good are. ya this should get a sticky this is a good post here.
pregnantvore
Somewhat familiar

Postby TW » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:11 pm

Shy? I think that has something to do with it. I also think some people expect us artists/Authors (Since I fall into the latter) to simply continue to produce stuff, even without comments.

Yes I am guilty of not commenting on everything. I am working to change that...

I love to get comments on my work. Even if it is just a " Great job!" It helps bolster me through and lets me know people are actually reading my stuff...

Comments are good peeps. Lets get more of em out!
I love bellies! Round, Soft, hard, Prey filled, food filled, Inflated, or Pregnancy, so long as it is big and round. :)

I am a maieusophile are you?

TW
Belly Loving Author

Postby WildThunder » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:14 am

I'm an artist myself... why? I am sexually attracted to adoration and absolute attention. Why? Because I am a clinical narcissist, seriously I am. My support group is great on helping me... because they pay attention to me, all the time. Actually I think they should have anti support groups... I mean you should have to listen to someone else talk instead. Less about me though and more about my opinion. I really love getting comments. Hell I think anyone likes feedback on anything they do. If no one ever acknowledged the work you did at home or work most likely you would slack the hell off.

So go to my gallery... fap to my stuff. Then comment on how awesome I am or I wont let you eat me or make one of my fictional ladies eat you.
WildThunder

Postby Abraxa » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:56 am

Last edited by Abraxa on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abraxa
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Samantha Weltzin (Humbug)

Postby Jacquelope » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:33 am

Eka wrote:One of ImaginaryZ's blog entry about a discussion in our chat room, have made me say a lot of stuff. Let me repost.

I would have hopped someone other then the contributing artists/author do this, but I guess I can't really hope for more.

What really pisses me off is people keep coming up with excuse after excuses about not wanting to give comment. It basicallly bolts down to a few reasons:

"I like to comment, but all I know what to say is "it is great!" !"

Well, what is great about it? Is it the color scheme? The post of the creature? The character? The designe? The technique? Fitting to your preferences? The back ground? The story behind it? The character description? The overall flow? Etc etc? What would have made it better, preferences wise? What would have made it better, technique wise? All of the above? None of the above? You really have absolutely nothing to say about any of those questions?

May I interject?

I for one would be happy with "It is great!"

Please, those of you who wish to leave it at that, go right ahead. It's cool with me. I love comments. I love getting comments. The most important comment I have ever gotten on a story was, years ago, that I should go back to drawing stick figures with crayons and leave the writing to the experts. That didn't sting me - it made me say okay, I'll fix and remix this. And I did.

All critique is good in my book. "It's great!" is gravy. "It's great" and a paragraph of discussion and even debate? Manna from heaven, heheh.

Please, by all means, any comments are welcome.

And artists, please recognize those who comment on and watch you.
Experiment: Will a grenade kill a giant naga by exploding in its belly?
Test #1: Inconclusive. Grenade exploded in naga''s mouth.
Test #2: Inconclusive. Grenade exploded in naga's throat.
Further tests delayed until another live specimen can be acquired.
Jacquelope
???

Postby Fail » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:52 pm

Ill do good comments you can never be to lovely :P
I do good drawing but getting them on here would take time i dont have i have coursework coursework and more well not more coursework more classwork :)
Fail
Been posting for a bit

Postby Indighost » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:01 am

I agree wholeheartedly with the author of this post.

One of the things that separates Eka's portal from a site like DeviantArt (aside from, you know, all that "vore" stuff ;)) is that on Eka's people take the comments seriously, as both encouragement and sometimes critique, whereas on DeviantArt it's more of a game to increase all your stats by getting more comments. I particularly appreciate that Eka makes it a priority for users to comment, and even comment specifically, on the contributors' work. The existence of the "Work to be shared" forum is another great invention in that it provides a safe space for those desiring critique without too much drama.
Indighost
---

Postby MyJuliet » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:24 am

People seem to look for innovation in the work, something unexpected. My pictures are some things I have taken a very long time, but no more than a simple "push and swallow" scenario, and they did not get a lot of opinions, if any. Others I did quickly
MyJuliet
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion