The Pred-Thread!

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: The Pred-Thread!

Postby dangerous » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:07 pm

I simply dislike the idea of "killing my own".

You see, I don't care about "killing my own." I am perfectly fine with originally BEING a human, and then transforming into some other animal. If anything, I like the idea that not only did I cause my prey great pain, but I also betrayed them. For me, however, using different types of humans etc... would not work because in my final form I want to be completely different than the prey, the lion while they are the mouse.

What is weird about me is that I absolutely HATE the idea of being prey, but I love being a predator. I suppose that only adds to my evil :evil: because I enjoy doing to others exactly the thing that I least want done to me.
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby Cowrie » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:10 pm

Me, I can identify with just about any predator that's not male, though it's much easier to identify with a sentient one, and frogs in fantasies are a weird zone for me due to the fact I have pet frogs in real life, and it's too close to the actual feeding of worms or other prey to my frogs. When it comes to human preds, I tend to get around the human=possible prey sort of thing either by involving something supernatural, making her part of an amazon-like (meaning the warrior women, not tall women) race that only eats males or various other stuff. And when I write stories, a sometimes I get sort of detatched from identifying with certain chars.

Ka-Atis, do you consider your Ruggs a different type of human or a demihuman?
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby Ka-Atis » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:16 pm

dangerous wrote:
Ka-Atis wrote: I simply dislike the idea of "killing my own".

You see, I don't care about "killing my own." I am perfectly fine with originally BEING a human, and then transforming into some other animal.

Is also the prey capable of transforming into an animal?

dangerous wrote:If anything, I like the idea that not only did I cause my prey great pain, but I also betrayed them. For me, however, using different types of humans etc... would not work because in my final form I want to be completely different than the prey, the lion while they are the mouse.

Might be a question on how we perceive things - to me an orc feels totally different from an elf.

dangerous wrote:What is weird about me is that I absolutely HATE the idea of being prey, but I love being a predator.

I don't think that is weird. I'm like that myself, I see great pleasure in being pred but no pleasure in being prey.

dangerous wrote: I suppose that only adds to my evil :evil: because I enjoy doing to others exactly the thing that I least want done to me.

Cat heaven mouse hell, and there is no karma or justice. Nature works that way.
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

Postby Ka-Atis » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:19 pm

Cowrie wrote:Ka-Atis, do you consider your Ruggs a different type of human or a demihuman?

They developed from humans, into their own species. Their prey, the olacoids developed from humans as well.
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

Postby dangerous » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:22 pm

Is also the prey capable of transforming into an animal?

No, or at least not into the one that I transform into. If I transform into a lion, if the prey really wants to it can transform into a mouse. As long as the prey is still prey to my current form in all his forms, then I am OK, because I am superior to all his forms.

Might be a question on how we perceive things - to me an orc feels totally different from an elf.

Well, thing is neither of those feels like a real good predator to me. An elf might make good prey, but as for predator, I simply do not feel either reveling in the prey's pain as I do.

I don't think that is weird. I'm like that myself, I see great pleasure in being pred but no pleasure in being prey.

The difference is that not only do I see no pleasure in being prey, but I consider it the worst possible fate that could befall anyone. Which is why I like being a predator.

Cat heaven mouse hell, and there is no karma or justice. Nature works that way.

Yes, that is the way I like it.
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby Cowrie » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:29 pm

dangerous wrote:
I simply dislike the idea of "killing my own".
What is weird about me is that I absolutely HATE the idea of being prey, but I love being a predator. I suppose that only adds to my evil :evil: because I enjoy doing to others exactly the thing that I least want done to me.

It's not weird at all. The one time someone pressured me into playing prey, I was so grossed out by the experience I'm suprised I didn't get physically ill. If the rp hadn't died at that point, my character would have hard vored her way out of the stomach on my next post.

On that topic, what does everyone think of parasitoid (similar to a parasite, but more deadly, as parasitoids are more often out for meat; a good example is that parasitic waspsare actually parasitoids) stuff, where the pred eats the prey hard-vore style from the inside out? The pred may initally be prey and start with the stomach, or it could be injected into the flesh like most real parasitoids I can think of. I wouldn't be likely to rp this, but as a concept, I love it.
Cowrie
???

Postby dangerous » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:38 pm

On that topic, what does everyone think of parasitoid (similar to a parasite, but more deadly, as parasitoids are more often out for meat; a good example is that parasitic waspsare actually parasitoids) stuff, where the pred eats the prey hard-vore style from the inside out? The pred may initally be prey and start with the stomach, or it could be injected into the flesh like most real parasitoids I can think of. I wouldn't be likely to rp this, but as a concept, I love it.

Uh... no. IMO, prey should remain prey and pred should remain pred. As I like being pred, I don't particularly like the idea of being anything near a virus, or smaller than the prey. Basically, here is the question:

Would you be more terrified if:
1. You are infected by a parasite you could not really see, but it was painful and know you will die from intenal bleeding
2. You are cornered by a hungry lion that enjoys your suffering.

For me, it is obviously the lion. It has claws, it can literally pin you down, it is huge, you are completely at its mercy and what is worse is you can actually SEE yourself dying, SEE your flesh being torn off. The parasite does not completely control you (you can still move, it just slowly eats your insides until you die) and you cannot actually SEE the thing. Also, humans do not have the same instinctual fear of dying from a sickness as literally being eaten. Thus, since my prey's death is likely to be much more terrible when I am a normal predator, I would choose that.
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby Cowrie » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:44 pm

Well, as I said, I really only enjoy it from an obsever standpoint. Also, stuff like viruses wouldn't work for that. An example that's more like what I'm talking about would be the scarab scene in The Mummy. Movement being visible from the outside is a major factor. That's on par with the lion, if you ask me.
Cowrie
???

Postby dangerous » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:54 pm

[/quote] Well, as I said, I really only enjoy it from an obsever standpoint. Also, stuff like viruses wouldn't work for that. An example that's more like what I'm talking about would be the scarab scene in The Mummy. Movement being visible from the outside is a major factor. That's on par with the lion, if you ask me. [/quote]

IDK. It seems to be equal with the lion in every way except for the fact that the prey is not pinned down by a huge predator, and pinning down my prey is something I really enjoy: First, they believe they can escape, and then their escapes are cut off, one by one, until there is none left and I pin them down.

Maybe it is the hunt element that is missing. But something is missing, I'm just not sure what.
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby Cowrie » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Well, to each their own. ;)
Cowrie
???

Postby dangerous » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:07 pm

Well, to each their own.

Yup. Unless you are prey. Then each to what their predator wants.
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby dangerous » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:34 pm

So, I just had a very bad idea, and naturally I felt the need to post it, and since you guys gave me the idea I am going to post it here.

Basically, I have noticed that most prey act too willing (or not unwilling enough, depending on how you think about it) even when they say they are unwilling. It is not really their fault, because they of course ARE willing (they LIKE being prey in RPs). So, what if somebody that was NOT willing played as the prey? That way, we could have a more "realistic" scenario in many ways. Of course, the question is why would you participate unwillingly. The answer would be, so you have a chance to be on the pred side. You know, sorta like life. So two preds would get together. Through some random method, one lucky participant would become a pred, while the unlucky one would become truly unwilling prey. Then, the pred would get a bit closer to having real unwilling prey. If nothing else, the prey could know what it could feel like to be his own prey.

yea, I told you it was a bad idea. Still, I think I would take my chances (I REALLY hate being prey but I think I love being pred more). Think it has any hope?
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby Cowrie » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:37 pm

dangerous wrote:So, I just had a very bad idea, and naturally I felt the need to post it, and since you guys gave me the idea I am going to post it here.

Basically, I have noticed that most prey act too willing (or not unwilling enough, depending on how you think about it) even when they say they are unwilling. It is not really their fault, because they of course ARE willing (they LIKE being prey in RPs). So, what if somebody that was NOT willing played as the prey? That way, we could have a more "realistic" scenario in many ways. Of course, the question is why would you participate unwillingly. The answer would be, so you have a chance to be on the pred side. You know, sorta like life. Through some random method, one lucky participant would become a pred, while the unlucky one would become truly unwilling prey.

yea, I told you it was a bad idea. Still, I think I would take my chances (I REALLY hate being prey but I think I love being pred more). Think it has any hope?

No way I'd do this. See my above post relating to an event where I was prey. And since then, when reading or looking at stuff that makes me identify with the prey, I often feel queasy. Plus, I don't have anything against willing prey.
Cowrie
???

Postby dangerous » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:03 pm

Cowrie wrote:See my above post relating to an event where I was prey. And since then, when reading or looking at stuff that makes me identify with the prey, I often feel queasy. Plus, I don't have anything against willing prey.

Fair enough. I was just posting an idea. I don't like being prey as well, but I have TONS against willing prey, so I would probably do it. Especially since I have good luck :)
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby JacktheRabbit » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:07 pm

dangerous wrote:So, I just had a very bad idea, and naturally I felt the need to post it, and since you guys gave me the idea I am going to post it here.

Basically, I have noticed that most prey act too willing (or not unwilling enough, depending on how you think about it) even when they say they are unwilling. It is not really their fault, because they of course ARE willing (they LIKE being prey in RPs). So, what if somebody that was NOT willing played as the prey? That way, we could have a more "realistic" scenario in many ways. Of course, the question is why would you participate unwillingly. The answer would be, so you have a chance to be on the pred side. You know, sorta like life. So two preds would get together. Through some random method, one lucky participant would become a pred, while the unlucky one would become truly unwilling prey.

I play a switch of pred and prey characters. Some (like my rat characters) are switches themselves given the situation. Others, I simply can't enjoy playing as prey, at all. They can lose a chase or fight, but it only means the prey lives. If someone tried to eat my snake character, I would likely end the scene.
My rat characters, ones who try to hunt, can go through a turnabout situation: one case lead to a rat giving up predation. It is The rat" in my gallery.
JacktheRabbit
Participator

Postby dangerous » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:14 pm

JacktheRabbit wrote: If someone tried to eat my snake character, I would likely end the scene.

In my game/odd RP a new appropriate character(s) would be created.
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby Crownflame » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:54 pm

In an RP though, it wouldn't be a matter of luck, or even of being bested, unless the players were both very sporting with each other.

I can only see that ending really, really badly, likely with a huge argument. Because in RP, you know both preds, if they were truly unwilling as you put it, would be god-moding all over each other, trying to end on top. It's far better to eat someone that can handle the idea of being eaten.
Crownflame
---

Postby dangerous » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:27 am

if they were truly unwilling as you put it, would be god-moding all over each other, trying to end on top. It's far better to eat someone that can handle the idea of being eaten.

That is why it was a bad idea lol.

but the idea would be that the random decision would be BEFORE hand, and that the person that got randomly decided to be prey could not "god-mod" his way out etc...

still its a bad idea
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby Crownflame » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:59 am

Unfortunately, unwilling roleplayers are a lot different than unwilling prey.

I know this: I will lovingly, happily, excitedly pour myself into playing an unwilling prey character, or a pred nomming on said unwilling prey.

However, if I don't like an RP, and I really just want to get it over with, I write dully and borderline sarcastically, and I'm sure it's not fun at all to read.

So if the person was actually unwilling to be prey, they probably wouldn't play it in any way that would be fun.
Crownflame
---

Postby Ka-Atis » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:54 am

dangerous wrote:
Ka-Atis wrote: Is also the prey capable of transforming into an animal?

No, or at least not into the one that I transform into. If I transform into a lion, if the prey really wants to it can transform into a mouse. As long as the prey is still prey to my current form in all his forms, then I am OK, because I am superior to all his forms.

Ok, I see, you separate the pred type from prey type by different types of shape-shifters.

dangerous wrote:
Ka-Atis wrote: Might be a question on how we perceive things - to me an orc feels totally different from an elf.

Well, thing is neither of those feels like a real good predator to me. An elf might make good prey, but as for predator, I simply do not feel either reveling in the prey's pain as I do.

you are saying, a human-lion shapeshifter revel more in the prey's pain than an orc?

dangerous wrote:
Ka-Atis wrote: I don't think that is weird. I'm like that myself, I see great pleasure in being pred but no pleasure in being prey.

The difference is that not only do I see no pleasure in being prey, but I consider it the worst possible fate that could befall anyone. Which is why I like being a predator.

I guess I'm a predator .. simply because I'm wired that way. It may go hand-in-hand with evil, as explained earlier in this thread, but I doubt I'm a predator just because it's evil. The sadistic/evil dimension adds extra spice to the experience though.

dangerous wrote:
Cowrie wrote: Well, as I said, I really only enjoy it from an obsever standpoint. Also, stuff like viruses wouldn't work for that. An example that's more like what I'm talking about would be the scarab scene in The Mummy. Movement being visible from the outside is a major factor. That's on par with the lion, if you ask me.

IDK. It seems to be equal with the lion in every way except for the fact that the prey is not pinned down by a huge predator, and pinning down my prey is something I really enjoy: First, they believe they can escape, and then their escapes are cut off, one by one, until there is none left and I pin them down.

Maybe it is the hunt element that is missing. But something is missing, I'm just not sure what.

in my case - it's the hunting, the fighting and struggling, the physical brute force, and the contact or direct comminication between pred and prey - the intense scene where the prey stares right into the predator's, the lion's eyes.

A parasite scenario can come off as pretty creepy though - just a different kind of horror - fear from the invisible yet still there, so also it's effects.

Or, imagine - somebody feel really sick, then the reason is discovered - a bunch of hungry larvae nesting inside. Or, something starts out as endo-parasitism, then it turns into predation - those hungry larvae eating their host from the inside out, or - the famous scene where "The Alien" was "born". Yeah, the possibilities are many.. ;)
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion