Eka's Portal Writer's Group - General Discussion

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: An Eka's Portal Writer's Group?

Postby JQVore » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:40 am

Tobedumped wrote:(All are human, same-size, F/M with digestion and scat... no chance there's anyone in the group who fits that preference?)

Actually, I do for the most part. I'm F/anything really. And I don't mind scat or digestion. Take a look at some of my (shameless plug) Guitar girl stories if you don't believe me.
"Im not made of airports!"
Scat Stories Thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19575
Vore Wiki: http://editthis.info/vore/Main_Page
JQVore
Like a twinkie... twice

Postby Tobedumped » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:11 am

pyroboarder69 wrote:
Tobedumped wrote:(All are human, same-size, F/M with digestion and scat... no chance there's anyone in the group who fits that preference?)

Actually, I do for the most part. I'm F/anything really. And I don't mind scat or digestion. Take a look at some of my (shameless plug) Guitar girl stories if you don't believe me.

Just read the first one. I think that's the first time I've ever seen a same-size accidental vore story! I liked the onomatopoetic sounds for the dumpster at the end. I could give a full critique if you were interested.

...now allow me to put in my own shameless plus for my story over in the April Submissions thread. In fact, I'll make a deal with you and trade you full review for full review if you like.
Tobedumped
Participator

Postby JQVore » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:49 pm

Agreed, I'll read your submission over tonight, and post a review either late tonight or tomorrow.
"Im not made of airports!"
Scat Stories Thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19575
Vore Wiki: http://editthis.info/vore/Main_Page
JQVore
Like a twinkie... twice

Postby Tobedumped » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:52 pm

pyroboarder69 wrote:Agreed, I'll read your submission over tonight, and post a review either late tonight or tomorrow.

Fab. I'll get to work on one for you. Do you want it to be on Guitar Girl or on your submission for the group? I've already read GG, so that would be easier, but I could just as easily do it for the other one.
Tobedumped
Participator

Postby Elle » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:29 pm

Darn, I was kind of thinking of participating here, but if underage stuff isn't allowed... Not to mention nobody would probably want to do that kind of thing anyway. *sighs* Well, I hope it goes well for you guys anyway.
Just remember, no matter who you are, what you do, or what your interests are, someone out there would think you're sick and disgusting. All you can do is try your hardest not to be one of those people.
Elle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Deathworks » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:33 pm

Hi!

JfishSoM: I am confused. Underage is allowed as long as you keep it clean and label it. So, it is welcome and I think that people would want to read it. (Otherwise, I wouldn't have said I would participate once my schedule permits).

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Postby Tobedumped » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:54 pm

The rules and guidelines state that "For stories involving underaged characters: please make sure they are clearly labeled in the description. Stories involving underaged characters and sexual situations are not allowed in this group. (Please see the rules in the underaged forum.) "

So stories with underage pred or prey should be fine, as long as they're labeled and as long as there isn't any underaged sex. Don't worry, JfishSoM, there's definitely people who will be willing to read underage stories.
Tobedumped
Participator

Postby Elle » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:58 pm

That's the thing, I'd have a very hard time keeping it clean. o.o;

That, and I was hoping there'd be other people who would be writing the kind of thing I enjoy, as well as it being some kind of...exchange or something? I was kind of wanting to request and do some requests, but it doesn't seem as if that's the case here...

Oh, and then we have the 1500 word limit, which seems to be far too little. Looking back at my writing, I can find...um, only one it seems that fits under that limit. Rather than have 1500 as a maximum, I'd rather have it as a minimum. o.o;

So, yeah... It wasn't exactly what I expected, I guess. ^-^;
Just remember, no matter who you are, what you do, or what your interests are, someone out there would think you're sick and disgusting. All you can do is try your hardest not to be one of those people.
Elle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Deathworks » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi!

Okay, I see :) :) :)

Just a note about the word limit: It is soft. You can write as much as you like, but if you don't get the reader hooked within those first 1,500 words, they will not read all of it. So, as long as you make sure to get something in there that wakes our greed, you should be fine.

And if you say you are posting underage vore there, maybe you can make someone else do so as well.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Postby Tobedumped » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:06 pm

JfishSoM wrote:That's the thing, I'd have a very hard time keeping it clean. o.o;

That, and I was hoping there'd be other people who would be writing the kind of thing I enjoy, as well as it being some kind of...exchange or something? I was kind of wanting to request and do some requests, but it doesn't seem as if that's the case here...

Oh, and then we have the 1500 word limit, which seems to be far too little. Looking back at my writing, I can find...um, only one it seems that fits under that limit. Rather than have 1500 as a maximum, I'd rather have it as a minimum. o.o;

So, yeah... It wasn't exactly what I expected, I guess. ^-^;

1500 word limit has also been changed if you check the guidelines. I think the new rules are it has to be between 1500 and 5000, but that a critic only needs to read the first 2000.
Tobedumped
Participator

Postby Elle » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:23 pm

Yeah, I just read the guidelines, rather than taking the first posts here as they were, and that seems a good deal more reasonable.

Maybe I'll check out a few of the stories posted to see if I enjoy any of them, but I doubt I'll find many people who write good loli vore... Feel free to prove me wrong, of course, if anyone would. =P

Anyway, I may write some, if I can find inspiration. I don't expect it to be anything...pleasant if there's no sexuality in it though. I keep seeing lots of roughness, guro, and such. o.o Well, actually... Eh, we'll just see, I guess. =P
Elle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Deathworks » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:01 pm

Hi!

4ofSwords: How do you see the project going, currently? I hope there will be a May round because I do have a potential seed (not yet sure how big it will grow), which will probably not make it for the April deadline. Seeing JFishSoM gives me even more reason to try and participate. This way I might guilt ... I mean motivate JFishSoM to participate as well.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Postby Throku » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:02 pm

Crazy, yeah I know if I were to be a critic then reading any serious length might be a real hassle. On the otehr hand I just started putting something together and I just can't see how I could be happy with it and have it finnish under 5000 words, it'll more likely be around 7-8000. Then again I'm horribly picky and a slow reader, so I guess I'll lurk through this writers' group and not really participate unless I find something that catches my attention, in which case I'll give some feedback.
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby Elle » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:57 pm

Deathworks wrote:... Seeing JFishSoM gives me even more reason to try and participate. This way I might guilt ... I mean motivate JFishSoM to participate as well. ...

Thanks, I guess. X3 I'm seeing if I can't work something out here that would suffice. =P I have a few ideas that might work, depending on the situation here, so I've got a few questions there. Of course, my Elle stories aren't going to pass here, unless I do one of the older ones, as Elle tends to be a highly sexual bunnygirl. (Then again, what do you expect from a species known for reproducing? Fun facts: A female rabbit can become pregnant arond 3 to 6 months into its lifespan, is effectively always fertile after that point, has a gestation period of one month, and can get pregnant again a day after giving birth!)

Sooo...let's see.

The first story I was thinking of was something fairly simple. Most likely some kind of underaged prey ending up in the jaws, tendrils, or whatever of some kind of animal/plant/monster predator, likely following through with digestion and elimination, as usual. This one should be fine, so long as I make sure not to get too smexy with it. o.o; It's so easy to do with this situation, but...I might be able to hold back. Still, I don't have much fleshed out here, so...eh.

Idea 2: Something I've been thinking of a while that has both rampant, fairly cruel sexuality and underage vore, but...not underaged characters being sexualized. o.o I was wondering if that would be okay, especially since the underage bit in this would be to the extreme. o.o;

Concept Number Three - This one involves sexuality too, but...well, I was wondering if it was okay if the characters' ages weren't mentioned at all. Naturally, I'll be imagining them as younger, and likely in the...15ish range, though they wouldn't HAVE to be in everyone's minds. This idea happens to be a lot softer and more sensual than the others, and happens to be the only one that doesn't involve some kind of digestion/guro/etc.

Also, I was wondering if we were specifically saying that underage was the same as under 18. After all, consent laws are often around 16 or lower. It rarely actually hits 18.
Elle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Deathworks » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:27 pm

Hi!

Actually, your third suggestion reminds me of a complaint I saw in the macro community before I left. The critic complained that there were so many stories about those exactly 18 year old girls who actually behaved like 12 year olds and he basically accused the entire macrophile community of lying through their teeth when stating the age of the characters :) :) :)

So, at least you wouldn't be alone.

As a side note, many of the Japanese erotic games have a long disclaimer at the beginning. Besides stating that only adults are to view the material, it also says that all characters shown in sexual situations are actually age 18 or older. Even with games where it is more than obvious that the fictional characters in there are actually not of that age :) :) :)

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Postby Elle » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:48 pm

Deathworks wrote:Hi!

Actually, your third suggestion reminds me of a complaint I saw in the macro community before I left. The critic complained that there were so many stories about those exactly 18 year old girls who actually behaved like 12 year olds and he basically accused the entire macrophile community of lying through their teeth when stating the age of the characters :) :) :)

So, at least you wouldn't be alone.

As a side note, many of the Japanese erotic games have a long disclaimer at the beginning. Besides stating that only adults are to view the material, it also says that all characters shown in sexual situations are actually age 18 or older. Even with games where it is more than obvious that the fictional characters in there are actually not of that age :) :) :)

Deathworks

Yes, I've seen this over and over again. X3 People are far too weird about the fact that people are sexual before the age of 18, even though it's the complete and honest truth, so they always go, "But they're over 18!" even when they're years younger. =P

[SemiRant]
But yeah, sexuality by no means starts when you're 18, magically appearing in your mind at that time. It tends to start around puberty or possibly earlier, and it's not an all or nothing thing, being somewhat of a gradual process. The reason the age limit tends to be 18, in my opinion, is because mandatory school ends then. If you can get people through school before having kids, you're doing well, or so they're probably thinking; that and the fact that you can get a permanent job and all at that point. Since you're out of mandatory schooling and you get control of your life, that's when you 'reach adulthood' in our society's eyes.

Truthfully though, I've seen 13 year olds who are more responsible, mature, and experienced than those twice or even three times their age. Maturity, responsibility, sexuality, etc... They're not a function of age at all, and really, there is nothing 'evil' or in any way bad about those under 18 and sexuality. It simply happens to be our society that paints it that way.
[/SemiRant]

Anyway, I could argue about that all day, but I really would prefer not to. X3 I just need some boundaries, and I'll do my best to stay within them. Even though I'd like to make stuff that's all smexy and underaged, there aren't as many people that are going to like that, so I'll do what I can to stay within peoples' comfort zones...even if it's only just within. X3
Elle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Deathworks » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:05 pm

Hi!

Concerning you rant: Well, you do have to a universal age as you can't do psychological profiling on every child every year. At least that is what I think is the reason there. Oh well, better not derail this thread more.

About your story: Well, if you need sexual content, I guess being either really ambiguous or explicitly saying 18-years old should do the job. I think you get better reactions, though, if you actually claim '18', because then you are merely using an inmature 18-years old in the mind of the readers rather than giving them a child without telling.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Postby Elle » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:20 pm

Deathworks wrote:Hi!

Concerning you rant: Well, you do have to a universal age as you can't do psychological profiling on every child every year. At least that is what I think is the reason there. Oh well, better not derail this thread more.

Interestingly, I've talked with a few people who all agreed that a license to have sex/children/etc. would be a good thing to have, much like a driver's license. Of course, that's only if it was done right. Having STDs marked on there as well would be good, as well as mandatory checkups, basically all running like a (better) driver's license deal.

Deathworks wrote:About your story: Well, if you need sexual content, I guess being either really ambiguous or explicitly saying 18-years old should do the job. I think you get better reactions, though, if you actually claim '18', because then you are merely using an inmature 18-years old in the mind of the readers rather than giving them a child without telling.

Deathworks

Mmm, yeah, part of me was thinking I should likely go with late high school or early college, both would involve roughly the same setting, and people don't get too weird about older high school girls. In fact, 18 year olds are high in demand, as they're the youngest possible without being 'bad'. Also to note, I tend to do kemonomimi a lot, and partial animals could easily have a different growth rate/age of consent/etc.

But yeah, the 18 deal would probably work best, if not for the fact that I hate telling what I feel is a lie. o.o;
Elle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 4ofSwords » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:16 pm

JfishSoM, I think most of your questions have been addressed already, but I want to make sure the answers are concisely in this thread, too, in case anyone else is reading and thinking along the same lines.

Regarding the word count: There is no upper or lower limit - if you can write a compelling story in 3 words, go for it! If you want to use 30k words, that's ...okay. However, I highly recommend trying to limit each month's story/chapter/installment to around 5k words or less so you don't scare away potential readers, and reading assignments only require the reader to read and comment on the first 2k words - that should provide the authors ample opportunity to capture readers, but not saddle readers with really onerous assignments. I hope that works for you!

Regarding underage stories: The rules aren't meant to judge anyone or to proclaim what I or anyone else thinks is right or wrong. What they are meant to do is to comply with the general rules of the site that hosts this group, and to avoid any technical problems with the laws of most countries. Of course setting the age of majority at 18 is arbitrary, not accurate for many - or even most - people, and counter to sociology, biology, and history. But underage sexuality is a fad crisis in western society, and this is not the venue to buck those particular legal trends unless Eka and her administrators choose it to be. So... by all means include underage characters in your stories, or include sexuality, just not both. Or if you have Eka's blessing and want to start a sister group over in the appropriate, registration-required forum, there's that option, too!

I like your trades/requests idea! Though it's not specifically called out in the guidelines, I think it would be great if people want to do story trades or make and accept requests. I know a lot of people would write more if they had inspiration, so the more inspiration the better!
4ofSwords
???

Postby Elle » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:16 pm

4ofSwords wrote:Regarding the word count: There is no upper or lower limit - if you can write a compelling story in 3 words, go for it! If you want to use 30k words, that's ...okay. However, I highly recommend trying to limit each month's story/chapter/installment to around 5k words or less so you don't scare away potential readers, and reading assignments only require the reader to read and comment on the first 2k words - that should provide the authors ample opportunity to capture readers, but not saddle readers with really onerous assignments. I hope that works for you!

As I said before, that's completely fine. =3 That's a good general min/max combo if you ask me. ^-^

4ofSwords wrote:Regarding underage stories: The rules aren't meant to judge anyone or to proclaim what I or anyone else thinks is right or wrong. What they are meant to do is to comply with the general rules of the site that hosts this group, and to avoid any technical problems with the laws of most countries. Of course setting the age of majority at 18 is arbitrary, not accurate for many - or even most - people, and counter to sociology, biology, and history. But underage sexuality is a fad crisis in western society, and this is not the venue to buck those particular legal trends unless Eka and her administrators choose it to be. So... by all means include underage characters in your stories, or include sexuality, just not both. Or if you have Eka's blessing and want to start a sister group over in the appropriate, registration-required forum, there's that option, too!

Mhm... The question I had was more of... There are underaged characters in a story being vored as well as people having sex, but the underaged characters really have no part in the sex. Kind of like two people can have sex, and before or after they eat kids. =P That was more of my question, since I personally think it would be okay, buuuuut, I was just wanting to see other viewpoints. X3

A separate group might be good...since it really is such a divide (and only because of the fad crisis, as you said o.o), but the real problem with the underage section is that it never shows up on the front page, so people tend not to go there too much, and a thread like that would be partially hidden...

4ofSwords wrote:I like your trades/requests idea! Though it's not specifically called out in the guidelines, I think it would be great if people want to do story trades or make and accept requests. I know a lot of people would write more if they had inspiration, so the more inspiration the better!

I actually got that from the other thread where I believe you got your inspiration. =P People would request something, and the requests would be handed out to different people than requested them. In other words, I'd come in and say I wanted a story with lolis on a field trip being eaten by a carnivorous plant, give specifics, and then someone else would make that, while I'd get someone else's request. Unfortunately, I think they didn't allow underaged material in that thread. ^-^; But yeah, that's what I thought you were originally doing, and something like that would be great, if you ask me. =3
Elle
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion