Photomanips

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Let me out

Postby Chrisis » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:17 pm

the internet may be a hot kitchen but there is a line between criticizm, and OMG flaming! And she recieved a bit of both and under the same situation most of us would have disappeared from Eka's --;
Integrated Isicera, Devourer of the Omniverse here to enlighten, devour, and transcend. <3
Chrisis
The eternal procrastinator

Postby FatJaguar » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:44 pm

Zinou, I don't like your harsh tone, but you're right. And I am NOT being immature. *cries angsty mournful black tears of dark angsty angstfulness.*

I don't mind citicism at all, if it is valid constructive criticism about a legitimate issue. But people need to stop PMing me their obnoxious opinions about photomaniping.

___That's all I want.___ ___That's all I want.___ ___That's all I want.___

I take my art seriously and I put enormous amounts of effort into it. So nasty pointless criticisms hurt me intensely. *Hugs Ayame* thanks.
FatJaguar

Postby Smokescale » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:17 pm

I have to say I'm in the same boat as Jag here. I've dealt with at least one person who went out off their way to contact my privately just to pick some of my stories apart and essentially ask me to rewrite them JUST to suit their tastes. Needless to say...I was UBER FUCKING PISSED at them. If I were accused of stealing ideas or claiming someone else's work was my own, I'd be just as ticked off. I've seen Jag's work through the various steps and I can say without even the shadow of a doubt that it is 100% hers (save for what she had explained and labeled as traced, but that's in the past, let's not talk about that).

Her paintings are just that...paintings...and to be quite frank, you have to be an idiot not to see a difference between a painting and a photomanipulation. People who do photomanips do not spend the hours of tedium to go through and add a sort of feathered look that paintings have.

We're all different and some of us take our creations a lot more seriously than others. For Jag here, it takes a loooong time to complete just one piece...and for me...it takes a really looooong time to finish writing a story 'cause I go back and look for things I could change to articulate what I'm trying to say more accurately. I guess you could say I layer my work just like Jag layers hers. When I pour that much time, energy, blood, sweat, and tears into my stories...and get only one or two comments....and then get flamed for not being able to make one or two idiots hard when they read it, I get really f'ing ticked off. It's hard to ignore when your work is a part of you. I'm trying my best to do so, and I know Jag tries to as well, but we both end up getting overwhelmingly infuriated because these works are manifestations of ourselves...and I for one do not stand for unfounded personal attacks, and that's exactly how she and I both take this sort of thing.

If you think she's being immature, then just stop for a second and imagine how you would feel if you invested tens of hours of work into something and someone comes along and says you stole it and only changed a few bits and pieces, then slapped your name on it. How would you feel? To Jag and myself, it's like insulting our integrity.

I'm the youngest of my family, I generally don't get taken seriously, even when I'm right. So to make myself heard, I end up having to scream and fight just to get people's attention. I don't like doing that. Jag doesn't like doing it. I don't think anyone does. Forgive both of us for getting angered over this issue, it's something we both feel passionately about. When something important to you or something you believe strongly in is under attack it's difficult to stay calm.
Smokescale
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chrisis » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:32 pm

ah smokescale I believe you are the one who had flametastic crap dumped upon you at stuffed salvage? Alas I hope that someday the only criticizm given is constructive X.X
Integrated Isicera, Devourer of the Omniverse here to enlighten, devour, and transcend. <3
Chrisis

Postby Smokescale » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:39 pm

Yes, I was the one who almost got sued for hosting the Stuffed Online site for a time...out of my own free will, I didn't ask anyone to pay me, I didn't claim it as my site, I only said it was on my computer...and I even hosted it at the risk of someone hacking me and totally fooking up my comp. But that's in the past and I don't much care anymore, at least about that.

I'm talking about someone who contacted me through Yiffstar and left a VERY scathing responce to "Sirius Fun"...that's also been settled and is in the past, but the person continued to criticize my work and admited openly that he was willing to pick a fight just to keep the conversation going.
Smokescale
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Xen » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:44 pm

I once had a blog. It was ridiculously popular. I had tons of people looking at it, like, 500 or more a day for about a month.

On about day 2 of my popularity, the flames started.

'opinions are like assholes, everyone has them and they all stink'

well, really, yeah, but it's only assholes who are going to shove their opinions in your face and let you take a big whiff.

The blatant reality of talent by any means, good, bad, ugly, Howard Stern or Boris Vallejo, is the fact that people are so fed up with the sheer volume of their own personal ineptitude that they will go around cross analyzing everyone else's hard work and god-given talents until they find even the most minor of flaws, and then sit there and complain as though a tiny misspelled word is the crack in the fuselage.

then it's "oh noes, you photo maniped!" or "oh noes, you misspelled something so you suck at writing" or in the case of my blog "oh noes! Your opinions cut to the core and it's impossible to change my fundamentalist views!"

I spent a good deal of time counter-flaming as much as possible. my blog became a place where the best flames got reprinted, reprimanded, and ridiculed and the core joy of writing poetry, thought tangents or just plain blurbs abbout my day vanished and I could never go back.

So, the moral is, ignore them.

If people are being belligerent, they deserve little if any reply at all. If someone is genuinely asking, and there's a LOT of people asking, get a good old notepad file to keep the explination. ctrl+c and ctrl+v are my favorite buttons(my keyboard has cut/copy/paste hotbuttons built into it :O ). if for some freak reason two people look at eachothers replies and realite it's a copy/paste situation and you get:

"Hey! my reply was a mass produced copy! Are you a copy/paste whore too?"

You can sit back and laugh calmly. "Yes" you would say "they're called 'prints' "

Don't try to build your reputation with an asshole. You get yourself in too deep and you're just gonna smell as bad as they. AV reference included.

Xentither out.
Xen
Participator

Postby Lithalya » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:46 pm

Zinou. You need to hush yo' face, hon. Honestly.

All you're doing is, for the most part, flaming Jaguar. It's not wanted, or needed.

Jaguar does beautiful art, and you should RESPECT THAT TALENT!

To those who send PM's claiming you've photomanipped...tell them to cry a river, build a bridge and get over it. Really. Yes, your work looks really good, and I can see why people would claim you photomanipped it. BUT! What those people don't seem to get is that there ARE artists out there, even Vore artists, who are DAMN TALENTED and can make art just as good, if not better, than professionals.

You, Ms. Jaguar, are a professional with your art, and I commend you for not just packing up and leaving. (even though you did once)

It takes a strong person to confront their assailants head-on, in public. I commend you for it, and for not being overly harsh.

Your work is great. Show the non-believers who's boss, eh?

-Lithalya
Lithalya
Participator

Postby Smokescale » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:48 pm

*applauds Lithalya*

THANK YOU!!! I was WAITING for someone to put it so sucsintcly (or however in Satan's asshat it's spelled)
Smokescale
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zinou » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:57 pm

Jaguar, I apologize if I seemed harsh, I'm just trying to express my point to you. Yes, I understand it's frustrating to be accused of ripping/photmanipping/everything else. I've been there. It is a passionate issue.

Lithalya, Jaguar brought this up on a public forum. I fail to see how I'm flaming? I do indeed respect her skill as an artist, and I said that.
Zinou

Postby Chrisis » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:57 pm

very helpfull post Xen, probably the most usefull, post so far, so elloquent as well
Chrisis

Postby FatJaguar » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:59 pm

Xen your post made my Laugh out loud *Applause* And Thanks Lith...don't worry I'm not leaving. The first time I left it was really immature of me and over-reactive. That won't happen again.

No worries zinou I understand your point, I agree with you to a large extent.

*Passes the peace pipe.*

Love all around.
Last edited by FatJaguar on Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FatJaguar

Postby jonianwhalen » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:02 pm

I'll keep this brief since..well....there have been way too many facets of conversation exhibited here for me to say something about (as I can be a bit wordy sometimes), so I'll just say your work is AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWESOME, FatJaguar! Your attention to detail and shading and colors and poses and just..AH! Everything. Wonderful wonderful stuff, truly.

I, myself, am not an artist (aside from musically), so I can't really tell you in detail exactly what I like about your work but I can say that it is truly amazing and made me feel like I was in a museum or art gallery looking at all your artworks on the first page. Your comic was awesome too! Can't wait to see the continuation! And for a side-note, I'd never make the connection between her and Maid Marian, but that's just me...I have an inate ability to see differences..:?

Anyway that's it from me. Thanks for posting these works, whatever your motive was! :) I look forward to seeing more and more of your work. Keep up the fantastic work, and don't let critics stop you! :)
jonianwhalen
Intermediate Vorarephile

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion