"You have to see this!" Thread

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: "You have to see this!" Thread

Postby Arta_Shrike » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:58 pm

Into the woods alone you go... by Dragonic_Wolf
http://aryion.com/g4/view/198314

Unwilling, Wolf, Rabbit, Forest, Sexy, Nude, Same Size, Soft Vore, M/F, male pred, female prey, oral vore.

This piece is a gem among crayon scribbles of poorly-porportioned gems. The fact that the art is simply beautiful to look at is just icing on the cake. What I like most about this piece is the concept. The scene is a small clearing in the woods, where a black wolf is making a meal out of a lone bunnygirl. In one sense, it's very natural, as a wolf consuming rabbit is just what one would expect to see in a forest. On the other hand, an air of the exotic hovers around the two-panel sequence, as the bunny is wearing go-go boots, a collar, and has what appears to be tattoos on her fur (I've never quite figured out how that's supposed to work but whatever). In contrast, the wolf is completely naked and appears barbaric. Perhaps behind the titillating vore is a hidden metaphor of the so-called civilized world's tendency to horribly underestimate the strength of the wild? But never mind that, there's a naked bunnygirl being eaten. Let's talk about that.

My favorite vore is calm, passionate, and as painless as possible. While the bunny girl does struggle, she doesn't seem horrified by the event, in fact, she seems a bit more shocked. Nothing ruins vore faster for me than to see prey dragged into a maw screaming and crying. However, there's something a little unnatural about a prey jumping gleefully down a throat and joyously bathing in a stomach, so a little balance between the two is appreciated. This pic pulls it off nicely, leaning a bit toward the struggle side. And while I'm not sure why, same-size vore is my favorite. I am always happy to find a nice piece of same-size, since it's the hardest type to draw well. This pic does it pretty well: the positioning in the second panel is a little awkward, but it flows nicely from the first picture, in which everything is perfect. In the first panel, the two are positioned nicely to show exactly what the work is about: the rabbit lying in a position that leaves her completely at the whims of her captor, the wolf smiling open-mouthed and tasting her boots. The image of a prey out of her haven and just realizing her own weakness coupled by the dumb joy of a fresh meal comes together extremely well. All the concepts I've laid out here hit the viewer in a second, with nothing out of place that would take the viewer's attention away from the image and cause them to examine the concept more closely. It works so well that, until I began analyzing the picture for this review, I didn't even stop to ask myself how he's supposed to swallow those spike collars the bunny is wearing.

One last thing I want to rant on- in any vore sequence, there is three stages: the setup, the swallowing, and the cheeky grin above the full belly with no prey in sight. This sequence only covers the first two, and for that it deserves highest praise. Way too many artists skip the swallowing stage, focusing on the pre-vore and the full belly, but the swallowing is the most important part of a vore pic. Perhaps this is only my opinion, some may disagree with me on this. But when an artist sets up a vore scene and cuts to the belly shot, I feel like a video game just showed me the cutscene to the most awesome boss fight ever, bugged out, and then skipped to the cutscene of me planting a flag in their corpse.
Arta_Shrike
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheGuyWhoKnows » Wed May 09, 2012 5:10 pm

Oh flip. I may as well put this out there.

I'd like to nominate Lolno's Population Control Act. Not, I admit, because of the vore in it - it's all about cooking, which just doesn't really do it for me - but because what we have here is nothing short of a novel taking shape here. And a damn good novel too. The characters, the world, the writing, all of it: this is one hell of a story. This has kept me awake at night after almost every new update. Just... argh, just give it a try. If not for the vore, then for the story itself.

http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=30057
Voracious Gryphon Overlord of the portal, sadist, and writer.Beware the Goldeneye.

TheGuyWhoKnows
---

Location: Dancing amidst the terror-fevered inferno of your beautiful little mind. Exquisite...

Postby nephilim » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:39 pm

I'd like to put Zeus - I mean, TheGuyWhoKnows up here.

Particularly this story:
http://aryion.com/g4/view/222576
Forgotten Gods

It is a sumptuous feast for the senses. I do not think he overlooks one sensory response throughout this entire chapter. It is short, yet dense with incredible narrative, vivid imagery, and intriguing characters.

I may also note that he avoids the shortcomings of other typical furry/anthropomorphic writers, in that he does not solely fixate on the singular fact that they are, indeed, furries. Instead, he allows that fact to luxuriate quietly in the background, as a result it serves to enhance his already charming characters, giving them another dimension of believability. The camaraderie is tangible, the dialogue is engaging - as are the cleverly strewn gems hidden throughout the piece, hinting to earlier times - and the mental non-sequiturs are Stephen Kingesian in nature.

It carries a beautiful, haunting tone that is only underscored by the ominous almost off-scene references to the lurking beast below.
600k views - Click the banner for my production studio
Read The Stories Before They're Stubbed
Vore-Kink. Size-Kink. Legend & Lore
nephilim
???

Postby Nibor » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:01 pm

nephilim wrote:I'd like to put Zeus - I mean, TheGuyWhoKnows up here.

Particularly this story:
Forgotten Gods

It is a sumptuous feast for the senses. I do not think he overlooks one sensory response throughout this entire chapter. It is short, yet dense with incredible narrative, vivid imagery, and intriguing characters.

I may also note that he avoids the shortcomings of other typical furry/anthropomorphic writers, in that he does not solely fixate on the singular fact that they are, indeed, furries. Instead, he allows that fact to luxuriate quietly in the background, as a result it serves to enhance his already charming characters, giving them another dimension of believability. The camaraderie is tangible, the dialogue is engaging - as are the cleverly strewn gems hidden throughout the piece, hinting to earlier times - and the mental non-sequiturs are Stephen Kingesian in nature.

It carries a beautiful, haunting tone that is only underscored by the ominous almost off-scene references to the lurking beast below.

Ooooh, very persuasive! You make me wanna read this!
Eka's resident lurker Yoshi!
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby TheGuyWhoKnows » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:13 pm

nephilim wrote:I'd like to put Zeus - I mean, TheGuyWhoKnows up here.

Particularly this story:
Forgotten Gods

8O

:D

*whistles* You know, Nepphie, you have an amzing talent for giving really, really impressive compliments as well as writing. I honestly had no idea I was doing half of all this. I'm delighted and flattered by all the things you've said, and indeed that you've chosen to post this here. Thank you very much indeed. ^^

I'm especially pleased that you've been so taken with my characters in this piece, and that their animalistic nature hasn't hindered their identities. It means a lot - I admit I've grown to love Oscar and Jess. They are the most adorable double act of my stories. ^^ (Even more so than Damian and Alex. :P)

Oh, and extra, extra kudos to you for the comparison to Stephen King. I adore his work, and I think it's safe to say that I have indeed been inspired by it in some cases. So that's a really, really delighting comment. I am truly flattered. Thank you very much indeed.
Voracious Gryphon Overlord of the portal, sadist, and writer.Beware the Goldeneye.

TheGuyWhoKnows
---

Location: Dancing amidst the terror-fevered inferno of your beautiful little mind. Exquisite...

Postby nephilim » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:19 pm

Well deserved my dear (;
600k views - Click the banner for my production studio
Read The Stories Before They're Stubbed
Vore-Kink. Size-Kink. Legend & Lore
nephilim
???

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion