vore turn offs?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: vore turn offs?

Postby Ghrelin » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:35 pm

oh, lots :lol:
but that's another list for another thread... not that i know where that thread went.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby EGKangaroo » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:27 am

I can be pretty fussy when it comes to vore. In general, I don't like really very graphic forms of digestion, or preds that are excessively cruel to their prey. Like, sure, I get it, it's fun to be teasy and all, but if preds go "Haha, u don't deserve to live cause ur pathetic!" or "u shud be thankful for becoming my pudge!" I just really politely step out of an RP, 'cause fuck that shit. I have also had the reverse happen to me as a pred, with prey claiming that my stomach made them my "bitch" and I was like could you not? Willing prey are also just not my thing at all in combination with fatal digestion. I can get willingness maybe for, like, endosoma or something or guaranteed reformation, but just willingly letting yourself get killed? What?

Then there's a few other things I just can't seem to get into. Like huge size differences, to the point where prey make no bulges whatsoever. Like, how do I even RP that once I land inside the stomach? Do I just instantly digest when I end up in a sea of acid? There are also those bulge types that really weird me out, like when a stomach bulge is so defined you can see the facial expressions of prey and everything, and it's just creepy.

I also just can't really enjoy it when prey passes out super quickly, like when digestion just takes a few minutes to complete, or if the pred just suffocates the prey inside the stomach. It's probably realistic to suffocate, I guess, but I just dislike it. Now you have to walk around with a half-digested corpse in your stomach, that thought creeps me out a lot. Same with multiple prey, because for some reason, I can't shake it out of my head that one prey dies before the other and the second one is now sharing a cramped space with a corpse. Yikes!

The fourth thing I guess, is feet-first vore. I don't know why, don't ask me to explain, just believe me when I say, it just looks and feels wrong and unnatural to me. :P

I probably have more turn-offs that I forgot about because I just never really come across them, or because I am just not even remotely interested in them, buuuuut, these are the ones that I come across in the types of vore I like that just ruin the moment for me.
I am demimale~
Pronouns: he or they
Avatar was drawn by Tanio (click here for full image)

Have a nice day! :)
EGKangaroo
Been posting for a bit

Postby Biergesetz » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:01 pm

I hate that disgusting, ultra-hardcore stuff where the man puts his penis in the woman's vagina
That's just so gross and I never want to see it
Biergesetz
Been posting for a bit

Postby fixated1 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:03 pm

I have one that's innocuous enough. I find this thread mostly useful for kink shaming within our own community lately, which I am completely against (and looking back, I'm guilty of as well) but this one applies everywhere, and I find it a bit humorous even.

Licking lips for no reason. People just don't do this. They do it for a variety of reasons, but not in anticipation of eating something, even when hungry and it's good food. Okay, when trying to make it obvious they're trying to seduce you, but how it's used in vore can easily come out cartoonish, like Garfield eating a lasagna.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby fixated1 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:21 pm

Kitsouille wrote:
Rockyvorefan wrote:wynonna302

Every time I see this kind of reaction I have to Google it. But the most unusual thing I see is a Transgender person shredding on a guitar. Is that all? I have a Transgender friend.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ghrelin » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:36 pm

fixated1 wrote:Licking lips for no reason. People just don't do this. They do it for a variety of reasons, but not in anticipation of eating something, even when hungry and it's good food.

i gotta say, people definitely do this. they lick their lips in anticipation or excitement, and that can include excitement for food. maybe not in such an exaggerated way, though.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby fixated1 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:00 pm

Maybe I don't notice it or the people I know don't. But that's what I'm talking about. Big, slurping, cartoonish lip licking.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Monopolus » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:31 pm

Extreme EXTREME vore.

By that, I mean the stories where X is hungry, so he / she eats their siblings. Then the parents. Then he/she just grows so big that the house is swallowed. Then the neighborhood.

Slowly this one person just grows so abnormally fucking huge and eats the world. It's always been cartoonishly bad in my opinion, and totally kills the mood.

Eh, I'm not into inflation though; maybe those into that kink enjoy that type of vore.
Monopolus
???

Postby Artemis » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:24 pm

Monopolus wrote:Eh, I'm not into inflation though; maybe those into that kink enjoy that type of vore.

The fetish you're describing is actually named stuffing. Inflation is more of a 'literally inflating someone or a part of someone up like a balloon' thing. Speaking of which, this reminds me of something. On DeviantArt any fetish that includes a big belly is apparently interchangeable as far as half the community is concerned. One of many reasons I prefer browsing Eka's when it comes to vore. Doesn't do much for me when I ask to be fed a person and someone tries to feed me a bike pump. What kind of restaurant is this anyway? :silly:

This is by far my favorite response to this thread though:
Biergesetz wrote:I hate that disgusting, ultra-hardcore stuff where the man puts his penis in the woman's vagina
That's just so gross and I never want to see it
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby fixated1 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:34 pm

Mine too. So far, anyway.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RonanTraumer » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:46 pm

I burst out laughing at that one. It's perfect because it almost sounds serious. Hell it might be serious, I don't know. And I'd rather it remain a mystery.

Anyway, I suppose there are two (closely related) things that can really kill it for me. One is cartoonishness. Cartoony art or boldly cartoonish physics just yank me completely out of context. Take anthro/furry, for example. I can't get into the Looney Tunes-type art style that most often is associated with it. But I love the Minotaur of Crete and similar things that can be classified as "anthro," largely due to the more serious/realistic tone of the drawings you find in mythology books. As for cartoon physics, well, we're obviously talking nonsense no matter what. But on the spectrum, something like breast vore takes a lot more suspension of disbelief than a well-depicted belly bulge, and leaves a lot fewer questions begging to be asked. The less excuses I need to come up with for how something can be done, the better immersed I'll be. Even if you just say "magic made me this way," even that will help immensely, but a lot written works forget to establish an excuse and a lot of visual works (like fan art) have no expedient way to incorporate one.

Which brings me to the second thing: characterization. I almost always avoid fanfic scenarios because it usually comes down to firmly established characters who can suddenly vore for no reason, or for flimsy reasons. While concurrently speaking and behaving in ways that are bizarrely out of character. And bad dialogue or nonsensical character motivations can kill the atmosphere in any work, fanfic or not.

So to sum it all up, I need a strong thread of believability running through my wildly implausible fantasies.
RonanTraumer
Somewhat familiar

Postby dragonlover81 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:21 pm

Graphic violence
Rape
Human cannibalism
Scat (visual depictions)
dragonlover81
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore turn offs?

Postby VoreFan362 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:25 pm

For me, this here list is my list of vore turn offs:

• Male predator.
  • Hard vore (chewing, blood on teeth, all those things).
  • Overly big bellies. (I don't mind seeing a round belly on the predator. But, when it's so big, that she literally would not be able to move in real life, I tend to not enjoy it. My ultimate preference for belly size - before and after - is flat.).
  • The predator being too happy about her prey inside her belly. Sure, it's a nice element to add enthusiasm into the situation, but, when the predator is so happy about having live prey in her stomach, that the moment can be ruined by a little mishap, that's a bit much.
  • The predator not enthusiastic at all about having live prey in her belly. This is equal to the point I just made above this one. However, it doesn't look like either of these scenarios are in play, so, that's good. I wouldn't mind seeing a predator having some regrets, or being mildly unhappy about having live prey in her stomach, like, for example, she decides she doesn't want to do it, or is simply remorseful, that is understandable. But, in a story, I sure like having the majority of the predators enjoying having live prey, rather than having the group members all turning away from it. Just saying.
  • Willing prey doesn't bother me, unless they are being tricked into offering themselves, just because their personality allows them to be extremely gullible, or due to a mental disability that would make them believe anything, like, "Go ahead! What digestion is, it's real cool! We all got digested! It's safe! She'll digest you, and you will get your biggest wish come true!", and it is blatantly a lie. In some universes or worlds, the potential for a claim like that to actually be true would differ, so, that would be a little hard to shrug off. However, if the prey is willing on their own, and they know what they're in for, there's no problem. That's basically the fine line for me in that regard.
  • The predator not enjoying the taste of her prey.
  • I find family to be very precious, so, when it's family member-related, I find that's kind of flirting with the line of turn offs, because, in my opinion, I would want to be consumed by a non-relative over a blood relative of mine of any sort. This one is in the 45 - 50 % zone. I might be tolerant of it, if it is done right, like, little or big sister punishes her brother for having embarrassed her at school, and she wants to scare him straight. That would be the kind of thing that would make an exception to the rule.
  • When the prey is extremely rude with the predator. Seriously, sure, it's the heat of the moment, and one who is scared enough might use big words. But, when those words attack the very integrity of the predator, the prey, in my eyes, deserves lethal digestion.

If any more turn up, I'll be glad to post them either in this post, or in a separate one. If it's separate, I'll just quote this one.
VoreFan362
Participator

Location: Inside a nice giantess/giant cat girl's stomach, and loving it!

Postby AthenaAsh » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:19 pm

Well since im a girl, vaginal vore, anal vore (where you dissolve) Cock vore and anything to do with furries or animals, pokemon or anything that doesn't have a human shape (other than nagas, im slightly interested in that).
AthenaAsh
Been posting for a bit

Postby Orosaki » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:32 pm

m/m is a turn off, feels homo somehow. F/fis ok but mostly probably cuz lesbian is hot. Also neither character can be black or an anthro.

In the case of simply being black my past experiences with anybody with dark skin has been mostly negative they be the cutest girl and nicest person and the dark skin alone drudges up all the bad experience i've had with them anyone with dark skin. causing a turnoff.I don't really have any strong bias against them (nothing permanent anyways) but at this point screw black girls from the city they're too argumentative. Every time i talk to one it gets turned back on me or turns into an argument.

As for anthro it's a case of bestiality. Nuff said there.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby digidus » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:29 pm

Orosaki wrote:In the case of simply being black my past experiences with anybody with dark skin has been mostly negative they be the cutest girl and nicest person and the dark skin alone drudges up all the bad experience i've had with them anyone with dark skin. causing a turnoff.I don't really have any strong bias against them (nothing permanent anyways) but at this point screw black girls from the city they're too argumentative. Every time i talk to one it gets turned back on me or turns into an argument.

digidus
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:29 am

I'm a really picky person, but here goes:

-m/m
-herms
-scat
-underage
-incest
-most anthros
-focus being on a big belly
-ugly predator
-the female not enjoying it
-poor quality and I mean really poor. It has to be poorly drawn Microsoft Paint or a story written so bad you have to struggle to read it.
Jayezox
---

Postby Tastymeat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:08 am

I cant stand anything magic or unrealistic. I need vore to be as real to life as possible. Understand, having it as fantasy but still realistic. I can do soft vore, but still want be digest and be waste out of the preds as that is something which would happen in real life.
Tastymeat
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gershwin » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:22 am

I would post my own list but I think @Jayezox pretty much nails it.

I'll only add: A focus on pain, suffering and bullying as a source of enjoyment for the pred.
Gershwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orosaki » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:08 am

digidus wrote:
Orosaki wrote:In the case of simply being black my past experiences with anybody with dark skin has been mostly negative they be the cutest girl and nicest person and the dark skin alone drudges up all the bad experience i've had with them anyone with dark skin. causing a turnoff.I don't really have any strong bias against them (nothing permanent anyways) but at this point screw black girls from the city they're too argumentative. Every time i talk to one it gets turned back on me or turns into an argument.

Kinda hard to know what that means. If you're under the assumption i'm some kind of racist i'm not. The reasoning for it is because there's two sides to me. One side always sees the negative known as the dark side and the other sees the positive known as the light side. If i'm going to be in any kind of relation ships those two sides of me can't be arguing but granted this is vore not a relationship but the reasoning is virtually the same. The dark side would always be saying just leave while the light side would always be just see how it ends. I can't have such conflicting thoughts and still have any kind of enjoyment from things of this nature. It would be bad for any relationship as well and if she's a nice girl as mentioned before i wouldn't want to put her through that. Better to have someone where i won't have conflicting thoughts and can get enjoyment from such things like vore.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion