If being swallowed was possible, how would ... happen?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

If being swallowed was possible, how would ... happen?

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:25 pm

No, not another thread asking how real life vore would be possible :P Since I enjoy realism in vore, I have a few curiosities about how things work in reality. I could never figure the exact answers to those questions, and would like accurate info if anyone has any.

Assuming people could shrink and be swallowed whole by creatures such as dogs, wolves, leopards, or any common critter. And that they wouldn't suffocate inside the stomach and had some way to breathe there. The person would be the size of a rat while the predator a normal-sized tiger for instance. My question is:

1) How long would it take until stomach acids build up and begin harming the person's body? By harming I mean causing any burns the person could feel and that could be qualified as damage. How much harm in how many minutes / hours? Also, could the person avoid or wipe stomach acids off themselves to resist for longer?

2) Separately, how long would it take until the stomach walls attempt to crush the prey? And how powerful would the crushing be? Could prey either resist it by pushing against the walls, or move from place to place where the stomach doesn't contract to avoid it? If so, for how long could they keep it up?

3) If the prey would push against the stomach entrance while the predator (and therefore their throat) is in a horizontal position, would (s)he be able to make their way back up and exit through the maw? Or cause the predator to throw them up by doing such? Could they even open the stomach valve from the inside, then manage to push themselves all the way back?

4) Would the prey be able to push him / her self past the stomach at any time and enter the predator's colon? To avoid being digested for instance. Would they be able to force themselves through its exit earlier than "normal"? If yes, at what size difference would they fit all the way to the real "exit" (and through it)?

5) Considering the clause "prey would have some way to breathe" is removed. Would the predator inhaling and exhaling air regularly to / from their stomach allow prey to breathe inside enough to survive? I heard about people who can do that, although a non-sentient being would not do it on purpose. Also, when the predator doesn't do such intentionally, doesn't some air get into the stomach automatically? Is there generally some quantity of air in there at all?

I'm curious how those things really happen (or can be done) if they were real life scenarios. What are the correct and realistic answers?
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Re: If being swallowed was possible, how would ... happen?

Postby C-B-A » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:48 pm

the human stomach will normally take a few minutes to start digesting, the HCL is fairly dilute and wouldn't cause much damage but it would start to tingle and maybe burn after a few minutes (secounds if it get's in the eyes or nose), it's the enzymes that do the damage and they will start hurting after a couple hours probably when the stomach is in full swing, the prey could wipe them off but it would be no use, it would still get on the prey no matter what.

the stomach walls are always moving, and right when the "food" entered the stomach they would start churning, probably not to the point of crushing the prey but it may be bad new for them.

the human stomach valves (like most mammals) are made to keep food in, however the valve leading into the stomach doesn't close all the way, (it closes enough to keep stuff in but still) this allows us to vomit, some animals don't have this, horses for example the valve closes all the way and they can't vomit, but I don't care about horses so moving on, the prey may be able to crawl out if the pred was laying on his/her back, but the esophagus would keep pushing down and the valve would close when tried to open (it's a reflex).

the pyloric sphincter which leads out of the stomach is different, it's closed tight until it let's a little stuff out at a time, the prey would not be able to open it very easily but if he times it to the stomachs contractions he may be able too, endoscopic cameras can push into the small intestine but they usually have to wait until the walls or relaxed and push through, a small prey would not be able to do so very easily, besides unlike the stomach the small intestine is very basic in PH due to bile and is fluid filled, so the prey would drown long before getting to the colon, and in there the prey would still die due to sulfur dioxide, methane, carbon dioxide and very little oxygen.

no, you can't actively "breath" with the stomach, maybe swallowing air but still, in the stomach the prey would die pretty fast probably before digestion started due to the environment being over 30o C acidic, and fluid containing, the walls are covered in mucus so the prey would keep slipping and would not be able to even gab the walls, (think of it like trying to get a grip of a wall made of wrinkled, moving slug, yeah not happening) so drawing would also probably happen.

basically if it where real the pred would enjoy feeling movement for a little bit then nothing but digestion, and only soft tissue would digest, bones, hair, ligaments would probably not so yeah.
Regional mad scientist and belly inspector
C-B-A
Heavy user

Postby Luckless » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:17 pm

Another detail that would probably happen quickly but is seldom touched upon in vore literature is that the digestive acid would probably make your hair fall out rather quickly in relation to the rest of you as the outer layers of your skin are eaten away.

This is potentially damning if it erodes the hairs in your ear that permit hearing.

And of course, that vomit smell would be inescapable. Though if an alcoholic did the nommings you might be deadened to the pain by second hand drunkenness.

But alcohol stings too.
Now, what my love is, proof hath made you know;
And as my love is sized, my fear is so:
Where love is great, the littlest doubts are fear;
Where little fears grow great, great love grows there.
Luckless
Somewhat familiar

Postby C-B-A » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:20 pm

Luckless wrote:Another detail that would probably happen quickly but is seldom touched upon in vore literature is that the digestive acid would probably make your hair fall out rather quickly in relation to the rest of you as the outer layers of your skin are eaten away.

This is potentially damning if it erodes the hairs in your ear that permit hearing.

And of course, that vomit smell would be inescapable. Though if an alcoholic did the nommings you might be deadened to the pain by second hand drunkenness.

But alcohol stings too.

the hairs in your inner ear are inside a fluid filled organ inside the inner ear behind the ear drum, if the acids get to them you will already be dead, and their not hairs, their more like nerve endings or I guess whiskers is a better analogy.

as for body hair it may fall out as the scalp gets eroded by the acids but again you would be dead by that time.
C-B-A
Heavy user

Postby DrDerp » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:22 pm

You'd perish via Asphyxiation before the acids started to take a effect. Even then, the throat muscles would crush the life out of you beforehand.

If you did live until the acids took effect, I imagine that it'd be a horrible and painful death...

Clambering out would be quite futile, as the walls would be too slippery to grip onto or push your weight against but making the predator vomit would be quite possible, if you stirred up enough trouble in their stomach, that is.
DrDerp
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 pm

DrDerp wrote:You'd perish via Asphyxiation before the acids started to take a effect. Even then, the throat muscles would crush the life out of you beforehand.

If you did live until the acids took effect, I imagine that it'd be a horrible and painful death...

Clambering out would be quite futile, as the walls would be too slippery to grip onto or push your weight against but making the predator vomit would be quite possible, if you stirred up enough trouble in their stomach, that is.

Yeah, normally you couldn't breathe inside, but in this case I'm omitting that detail to know how the rest would work. My curiosity is exactly in how many minutes and how all of those things would take place, and which would be possible or not. Not necessarily asking to know "if you could escape or not were it real", but to know how to follow realism closely in vore RP's and exactly in what order and time span things would happen and how badly.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby voreftw » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:20 pm

C-B-A, you're so wise on stomachs. I'm impressed.
voreftw
Participator

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:28 pm

Still curious to hear more opinions about this. I don't doubt C-B-A's answer, but would like to hear more versions and info if other people know :)
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Bannor » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:20 pm

Is it wrong that I was turned on by C-B-A's post?? :lol:
Bannor
???

Postby C-B-A » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Bannor wrote:Is it wrong that I was turned on by C-B-A's post?? :lol:

people have been comforted, angered, amused, interested, and annoyed by my posts before, but that's a new one :lol:
C-B-A
Heavy user

Postby already2 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:01 pm

If asphyxiation wasn't a problem, and you were swallowed whole, based on my knowledge of anatomy, biochemistry and physiology I would say you'd fair a pretty long time. Again, assuming respiration wasn't an issue. The reason I believe this is to be true is because the human digestive system is heavily dependent on mechanical digestive process of chewing for everything to work. Similarly, we have a tendency to prepare and cook foods before we eat them. My biomedical engineering friend once told while watching Rocky that the net protein in an egg is greater cooked than raw, as it denatures the protein into a form more suitable for human enzymes to break them down into their constituent amino acids. I think we all know what happens when you fail to chew corn or nuts. So what is really going on in the stomach? Water is getting absorbed and slips through to other parts of the alimentary canal, simple sugars are being absorbed and entering the blood stream while more complex carbohydrates are starting to be broken down, and protein digestion is starting to take place depending on the complexity of the chain into amino acids to be absorbed later in the intestines, or peptides for further degradation later on. Fats get broken down a little, but the majority of that will happen later on. So what does all of this mean for you? If you're not chewed up it means your skin is in one piece and will do a good job of preventing any serious digestion from taking place. The name of the game in digestion is surface area, a whole human being doesn't have a lot of it. this is why there is so much cilia in the digestive tract. Plus you have an entire ecosystem helping you out as well to break down food. Major areas of concern? Your eyeballs. There isn't much protecting them, similarly any exposed mucus membrane. So your nose, ears, anus and genitals are going to the places you would need to protect. In my opinion, if you could protect those places and magically breath I think you would make it out. So the really big question here for your skin is, what type of enzymes are there to digest living skin? Because you're not going to be a passive observer on this trip, your skin cells are going to be continually healing and releasing chemicals to protect itself and hormones to aid the organ. A big problem aside from the lack of oxygen, would be the heat and the lack of drinkable water after you leave the stomach. You're looking at 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit for somewhere between 33-47 hours, just to get to the colon with a lack of water. You can go 100 hours without water at an average outdoor temperature, but in the type of atmosphere of the digestive system it could be bad.
already2
Been posting for a bit

Postby go47 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:17 pm

go47
Somewhat familiar

Postby already2 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:21 pm

So a lot of people talk about the acidic effects... the human stomach is 1.5-3.5 pH. pH means the negative log of the hydrogen atom concentration (H atoms without an election). So a pH of 2.49 has a Molarity of 0.0032 M (Molarity is simply moles per liter and a mole is 6.022 x 10^23 this number, Avogrado's number, enables you to determine the number of atoms or compounds from the mass of a known substance.) the pH of lemon juice is 2. If you want to know what it would like I guess you could heat some lemon juice to 98.6 and put it on your skin. What I think is important about the pH is how it works in conjunction with the enzyme to break down whatever the target is. Anyways, in the famous word of Ian Malcolm.... Life will find a way....
http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20170424 ... eing-eaten
already2
Been posting for a bit

Return to General Vore Discussion