Let's Talk About Male Preds!

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Let's Talk About Male Preds!

Postby minakotomoka14 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:19 am

Personally, I think male predators have a lot more variety personality-wise than females. They can be powerful, frightening hunters, sadistic tormentors, or even loving companions. I`ve written many scenarios with gentle giants, or male predators that seem scary, but are actually kind and caring, and I love scenarios where the predator falls deeply in love with his prey, yet is still hungry for her. It`s a conflict because he wants to love her, but he can`t help but want to eat her. Of course, there are the sadistic predators, which I also love. I feel like sadistic male preds do a lot more to torment their prey, both physically and mentally.

Now, I know this will probably trigger all the female pred elitists out there, but I feel that most female predators are kind of the same in their personalities. Very few have I seen where they have any kind of affection or bond with their prey, whether it`s F/M or F/F, they just think their prey could be better used as food or a sex toy. Their reasons for devouring prey are usually pretty similar too, it`s mostly because they`re trying to be overly seductive or sexual about it, just plain being a bitch, or for some petty revenge ploy for something like cheating. Because of that, many female preds end up being rather two-dimensional.
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Chameleonette » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:13 pm

Well, I think it happens to vary more because different people want to see different content---usually depending on their sexuality/interests.

I'm not really into the whole romantic vore aspect type of thing, personally, but I adore preds that are obsessed with their prey. The more he wants her and the further he's willing to go to get her, even if that involves having a relationship with her, getting to know all he can about her, whittling her defenses down/using seduction and manipulation, stalking/observing, and needing her more and more by the day... the more invested I'm going to get. And I love it when his prey is willful and fiery, but still attracted to or drawn to him, creating something of a dangerous game between them. Pred/prey banter is always something I enjoy and I love it when the pred toys with his prey, teases subtly, and works his way past even the strongest of mental walls to get to her. Fearplay is wonderful and I love having that incorporated as well (and/or chases and hunts, since resilient prey that doesn't just give up or give in is good stuff). Betrayal is another thing I love having involved in those types of situations where the pred and prey have a relationship (be it romantic/friendship/etc). That idea of everything she thought she knew just unraveling when he reveals his intentions is something I never get tried of. It can also provide an extra burst of fight and meaning to the prey's battle against him, and I really enjoy that extra focus of strong emotion to drive the prey. And a pred being extremely possessive of his prey to the point that he needs to have her all to himself... that's just the cream on top of everything. I love it when his desire for her just pushes him all the further to take her all for himself and making her irreversibly his own---so she's not just seen as passing food, but holds a great importance to him. One so great that needs/wants the entirety of her to satisfy himself.

That's the sort of stuff that really appeals to me, though, not to everyone. Male doms and confident/dominate behavior in sexual situations has always been really appealing to me, and vore takes that all a step further in the best way. And I can appreciate fluffy romance and such, but for vore, I love the more carnal and darker aspects of it, rather than it being cute and safe. The danger and fear factors just play such a strong role in my emotional investment into what I enjoy in vore scenes with male preds. I'm alright with submissive prey sometimes, but it's the clash between their wills that gets me on the edge of my seat. I just find forced submission ten times hotter.

It's a little sad that those who enjoy these types of situations in vore are pretty rare around here. I'm used to writing for a vastly female audience of those who relate to the sub side of things in the M/F neck of the woods, but with vore, that audience became much smaller and much more narrow and more difficult to reach to. Such is the nature of a fetish that is largely composed of men, though. What I write and the sort of content I make, tends to appeal more to women like myself who hold those types of dark and dangerous fantasies. Whereas most of the content here is to appeal to men of the straight variety. (Not all, of course, but as a large majority.)
Passionate advocate of M/F vore.

My RP Seeking Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35501
Chameleonette
---

Postby MidnightRose » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:31 pm

I'm typically not into fluffy/safe vore either. For me, it's very carnal. I love male doms in general, so when it's incorporated into vore, it's a massive plus. It's the whole "you're mine" thing, y'know? Ruthlessly tormenting the prey before finally going in for the kill... A+++
MidnightRose
Vampric Homunculus

Postby jaggedjagd » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:37 pm

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby minakotomoka14 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:09 am

Well, that`s just one of my preferences when it comes to M/F vore. I enjoy soft, fluffy romance from time to time when I`m looking to just chill out and enjoy myself. I usually prefer the abusive S/M scenarios most of the times, where the prey is forced into submission by the much bigger and far more powerful male predator. It puts the prey in a position of fear, terror, and powerlessness, which thrills me. I totally agree with Chameleonette`s point about predators that are obsessed with their prey and will absolutely not let them go for whatever reason. I like this type of predator, actually. They`re kind of like vore yanderes, and they can be very fun to play around with.
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Chameleonette » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:44 am

Yeah, there's absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying the fluff and the romance in vore. Looooots of people do. And everyone has different prefs and different moods at times where they enjoy something specific---that's completely normal. I think everyone's just sharing what personally appeals to them.

Yanderes make really great preds. That type of personality suits obsessive vore scenarios really well, in my opinion. The laser-focus on one person/prey, that need to have them all too themselves and taking rather questionable or scary methods to do so... damn, gives the shivers.

Chameleonette
---

Postby coop500 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:04 am

Chameleonette wrote:Yeah, there's absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying the fluff and the romance in vore. Looooots of people do. And everyone has different prefs and different moods at times where they enjoy something specific---that's completely normal. I think everyone's just sharing what personally appeals to them.

Yanderes make really great preds. That type of personality suits obsessive vore scenarios really well, in my opinion. The laser-focus on one person/prey, that need to have them all too themselves and taking rather questionable or scary methods to do so... damn, gives the shivers.

Indeed, and there's nothing wrong with liking the darker stuff either, it's all just preferenes and they all deserve equal respect.

I should share my own thoughts here again as it's been awhile. But I am having fun reading everyone else's thoughts here~
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby jaggedjagd » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:45 pm

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MidnightRose » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:57 pm

Control is definitely a major factor, at least for me. Without repeating myself too much a lot of it plays off of bdsm scenarios. Trapped or otherwise physically weaker prey slowly being broken by their sadistic captor. They are not going to be released, and the pred makes that crystal clear. They use their mouth/tongue and hands a lot to let the prey know just what they could do to them in order to play up the fear. They're basically the pred's (fuck)toy before becoming his food. Eating them is the biggest form of humiliation the pred can enact upon his prey, in addition to being a final display of his dominance.
MidnightRose
Vampric Homunculus

Postby Chameleonette » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:04 pm

jaggedjagd wrote:So uhm uh...I hate to bring it up as an example but it's the first thing that sprung to my mind...Twilight? Shades of Grey?

Setting aside that those are very badly written/filmed stories, but concerning the core premise of the obsessed stalker. It's very evident that this is apparantly a sexual fantasy for a lot of women, being not one of them I've been trying to understand the appeal. Mostly because the normies were yelling how this is giving young women the wrong idea on how relationships are supposed to work and it's poisoning the youth etc. But I was thinking that there is no way a rational human being would be stupid enough to think this a prime example of a healthy relationship. (The same way playing violent videogames will not turn you into a violent person.) It had to be a sort of escapism. Besides, crazed stalkers are not a trope that is exclusive to male characters. Like the afore mentioned yandere, Yuno from Mirai Nikki is a famous example.

So from what I understand the appeal is as follows:

A.) The obsession. Being the center of another person's attention. It's that attention that makes you feel like that there's something special about you. Something only you have and the stalker person desperately wants.
B.) The thrill. Since the stalker would go to any length to obtain their goal. And does not shy away from becoming violent. Kinda the same way a horror movie gives you thrills.
C.) Giving up control. An aspect that many sub people quote as a main appeal of being submissive. To have another person make decisions for you takes the burden of having to make decisions yourself. You didn't choose to be in this situation the situation forced itself upon you. Ergo you don't have to feel the weight of responsibility.

Am I getting this right? Keep in mind that observation is coming form a predish observer type person. Prey/Sub is like an alien language to me but that jut makes me wanna understand it all the more.

I'd say you definitely hit some of the important bits (at least for me) in A thru C. The obsession/possessive aspect definitely ties in to wanting to be that center of attention and feeling special/wanted (at least from my POV). That's a huge draw for me and goes hand-in-hand with all the teasing/toying and vore or otherwise types of threats. And the thrill is definitely a huge part of it for me, although ironically, I don't like the horror genre at all. Hahaha. But fearplay has always been a huge thing for me in vore scenarios. There's a thrill from the fear, but for me, it's not the same turn-away type of fear as it would be if I were watching a horror movie. I'm more invested in the thrill of vore scenarios and I like delving deep into that relationship between pred and prey.

C... Is a hit or miss for me on various aspects, because my favorite thing to play in vore scenarios is prey that fights against the pred and their intentions. I really love the conflict aspect. And sure, having that control still ultimately taken away in the end is definitely appealing to me, but it's not about responsibility of decisions. Rather, I just like it when the control is taken after you fight so hard to keep it and have given it all you have---in the end, although you didn't know it, the outcome was inevitable. And I like playing out the prey's emotions throughout that whole course of things. The forced submission and forced to have control taken away is something that really gets me.

And adding a D.) For me, personally, as an independent woman who doesn't take shit from anyone in RL, submission isn't the core of my values as a person. But it is what's really appealing to me in the sense of 'behind closed doors'. And I think part of that appeal is simply because it's both fun and enjoyable for me to have the tables turned in fantasies. Pretty much any of my friends/acquaintances (especially male ones) who don't know about my fetishes and the like, constantly mistake me for a dom, since I don't carry myself in or talk in a submissive manner. Whereas in fact, I enjoy the fussy sub side a lot more. It's not something I would want to live out on a day-to-day basis, but rather, indulging as purely fantasy? I adore it. I find it incredibly enticing. And in fantasy, I can enjoy it purely as just that, and indulge in things I neither condone realistically or would want IRL. Vore is the perfect kind of fantasy to tie that into for me, since it is just a fantasy.

Anyway, like you said, I've come to terms with not being as ashamed about what appeals to me in a fetish sense, because anyone with sense would be able to tell that it's just a fantasy and not something to actually be followed or emulated IRL. Fantasy gives me a playground to toy with it safely and enjoy it in a safe manner that can neither harm myself or others. And I value that a great deal. At the end of the day, I know exactly where the line is.

Chameleonette
---

Postby jaggedjagd » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:15 am

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Chameleonette » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:48 am

Yeah, that definitely makes sense!

I can also be pretty shy and timid IRL (as I am an introvert) when I'm at the introduction stage, but once I'm comfortable, I can be pretty loud and extremely opinionated/passionate and I curse a lot and I like to be a leader/pioneer and take initiative/be the driving force in a lot of instances, which people tend to find as more fittingly dominant traits. My guild on RO would constantly make jokes and call me Mistress and other things, although I never teased anything of that nature---they just assumed from my personality that it was where I fell into the spectrum. And I always kind of secretly laugh to myself when they do, because they would probably be shocked if they knew the truth of my fantasies and how far to the other end I go.

And I think that's pretty common in terms of where people go with their fetishes/fantasies and whether they see themselves as dom/sub or more strictly observer. Granted, that's not always the case and there are plenty of doms who enjoy being dominant and subs who enjoy all the submissive aspects. But I think it's pretty natural to find appeal or longing toward a side that isn't generally associated with us or that we don't associate with ourselves. And in fantasy, we can enjoy it without bars to hold back or worries, because we're in an environment where those fantasies are freely indulged in (and in many cases, freely embraced). And at the end of the day, we're still ourselves.

Chameleonette
---

Postby Chameleonette » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:16 pm

Hm, and to get back on topic---

I've been curious. How many people strictly like male preds that are monstrous/anthro/monsterboy types? And who likes/prefers them to be human/giant humans? Annnd... who enjoys a mix/both or isn't picky about the type?

I definitely lean strongly toward humanoid. I can appreciate art of most types of male preds, but I need a level of attraction to the pred in question, generally, to get invested. I adore monsterboys, however, particularly with some human traits. And I also enjoy straight-up human men as preds (and giants, as long as the prey isn't super mini/tiny or of negligible or insignificant size in comparison), whether it's a same size or size difference situation. Since it's a fantasy, I can easily suspend my disbelief to enjoy that (though I know that not everyone can). So I'm kind of in the "both" or "mix" category, though I don't really care much for straight-up monsters and anthros tend to be a case to case basis.

I'm just wondering about this lately, since I find that most who tend to relate to male preds do not like them human or human-ish. And yet, those on the prey side of things seem a lot less picky and/or often do tend to enjoy human/humanoid preds. But I would like to hear from you guys about your preferences. I think it would be interesting to see where people stand with this.

Chameleonette
---

Postby coop500 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:32 pm

I do very much prefer humanoid, but pure humans don't do it for me, i kinda need a level of scary or a reason as to why he can swallow his prey and not digest them, so pure humans are not quite what I prefer. But humanoid is probably my favorite, bonus points if he can live among humans.

Monstermen probably come in second, then anthros, then smart ferals. I wouldn't likely flat out say no to a nice male pred just because of species, but if given a choice, this would be my line of priority.

Like Chammy, I can appreciate both same size, size difference and even macro/micro, basically as long as the predator is the larger party, even if by half a foot I'm happy. Size difference is probably my favorite though, small cute belly bulges of prey a few feet smaller or more is really cute. My limit on the other way though for the prey would probably be around the 3 to 4 inch range, any smaller and my mind has a hard time imagining how they safely interact without the girl getting hurt.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby KinoTheCat » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:40 pm

When it comes to male preds (or preds in general really) I tend to prefer Demi's over anything else. Same size vorish demi's who look very close to human, but just aren't quite there (or obviously not there in the case of nagas, mermen, etc.) are the purrfect ones for me. I like there being that human element to a predator, even if they're not quite human. It makes the reveal of being a monster more enjoyable, cause what was once thought of as a costume is reality and oh no poor cuties better look out. <3
In our darkest of days, we will see the light. Those who follow it shall conquer, and those who don't shall vanish.
KinoTheCat
Somewhat familiar

Postby minakotomoka14 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:54 pm

I strictly prefer humans or humanoid predators, particularly giants. They don't necessarily have to be human in terms of species all the time, they can be demons, aliens, vampires, or some other species, as long as they look like humans. Of course, I also enjoy pure humans devouring tiny prey, such as shrunken girls. Since I`m macro/micro exclusive, I don`t really like same-size, but I do like size difference, where the prey is about half the predator`s size or something like that. Just not tiny enough to fit in the palm of their hand. Whether it`s size difference or macrophilic, as long as the predator is bigger, I`m in.

However, I`m not particularly into anthros or furries, but I do like some of the monsterboy types, especially if they have cute features like fangs, claws, ears, tails, horns, etc. It usually depends on the situation and what I`m in the mood for.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Chameleonette » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:05 pm

Like Kino, I definitely enjoy demis a lot (as well as demons/vampires,etc)---they're obviously not fully human, but there's not so much monstrosity or difference in their appearance from humans that it's a direct tip-off. Instead, the vore side of things comes into play more subtly until the prey realizes that they've been put into a false sense of security and by that point, it's too late.

I think that's a big part of the reason that humans appeal to me a lot as preds too, despite not being as "fit" for it as ferals/anthros/monsters and the like. The element of surprise is really important to me in a lot of scenarios---I like it when the prey doesn't know that they're prey and humans/humanoids are great for that, because who in the right mind would suspect them of being capable of or wanting to eat someone whole (size differences or not)? And I really adore that aspect in vore. It works for demis in a similar manner, too.

That said, though, I don't mind when the prey does get the inkling of danger from monsterboy types, who clearly seem more predatory than a normal human would. That type of fearplay is also really appealing to me, even if they're relatively straightforward or less subtle about their teasings/threats of eating the prey. And those monstrous aspects can really add to it, as well as confuse the prey in a sense, since they're seeing what looks like a hybrid of a human and a creature/monster/animal and that can really mess with their heads and I like getting into the prey's emotions and perceptions. I feel similarly in cases where there's a strong size difference, like with mini-giants/giants and the like.

Chameleonette
---

Postby Borealis » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:07 pm

Chameleonette wrote:Hm, and to get back on topic---

I've been curious. How many people strictly like male preds that are monstrous/anthro/monsterboy types? And who likes/prefers them to be human/giant humans? Annnd... who enjoys a mix/both or isn't picky about the type?

I thought I'd pitch in with this one!

Now I don't think that I'm the most naturally-inclined person when it comes to male preds in general. As a hetero guy I suppose there's a bit of a correlation there (not always the case, I know, but, yeah- you know...)

When I was eighteen the idea of liking any pred with male sexual organs between their legs would have not even been on my radar. But it's been a slow upward curve, and in the last couple of years particularly I really, really do like male anthro predators, and male [sapient] feral predators. Hell, they're great! It's almost got to the point for me where the sex of an anthro predator doesn't really matter. And I really need to start writing more of them, after finally being a bit more experimental with the M/F pairing in my last short story. The appeal is quite hard to put into words, I just think that their physical masculine traits, mixed with that exoticism of anthropomorphism, the natural beauty, and the sort of quiet, dominant confidence that I ascribe to many of my preds, even if it's just in my head. I dunno, it really works for me if it's on say a wolfen, Jackal or otherwise majestic frame.

Human male is just way too close to home for me, though, and always will be. Having said that I don't really like human female preds much, either. It's the anthropomorphism that's the key for me, and it always has been I suppose.
Voyager of canine interiors...

In my story gallery, macro feral and anthro fun awaits you...
Borealis
---

Postby naga07 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:35 pm

Chameleonette wrote:Hm, and to get back on topic---

I definitely lean strongly toward humanoid. I can appreciate art of most types of male preds, but I need a level of attraction to the pred in question, generally, to get invested. I adore monsterboys, however, particularly with some human traits. And I also enjoy straight-up human men as preds (and giants, as long as the prey isn't super mini/tiny or of negligible or insignificant size in comparison), whether it's a same size or size difference situation. Since it's a fantasy, I can easily suspend my disbelief to enjoy that (though I know that not everyone can). So I'm kind of in the "both" or "mix" category, though I don't really care much for straight-up monsters and anthros tend to be a case to case basis.

I'm just wondering about this lately, since I find that most who tend to relate to male preds do not like them human or human-ish. And yet, those on the prey side of things seem a lot less picky and/or often do tend to enjoy human/humanoid preds. But I would like to hear from you guys about your preferences. I think it would be interesting to see where people stand with this.

i'm more into demi-human male preds. as long as there are human characteristics
ImageImageImageImage
naga07
???

Postby jaggedjagd » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion