Let's Talk About Male Preds!

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Let's Talk About Male Preds!

Postby yes » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:40 am

Humbug wrote:This right here is precisely why I asked the question. I completely agree: Saying crap like that is rude and bothersome, and it needs to stop. But the only way it's going to stop is if the people they're doing it to make it clear that such behavior is unacceptable.

That reminds me of an exchange I saw on one of my friends MLP stories. Some commenter said that his story was great but boldly exclaimed that he couldn't fave it because it contained male vore. It's seemed like a really dumb thing point out but reading thread it seems that it's more common than I though. Personally, I like all kinds of vore. I have no issues with gender.
yes
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby incubite » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:44 am

Humbug wrote:I'm curious: How many folks who've experienced this persecution fought back in some way or another?

This isn't a criticism. It's an action I'm really not seeing being taken in all these descriptions of how you folks have suffered.

The reason I ask is because I've managed to more or less shape my audience both here and on Fur Affinity to something I'm happy to interact with, and I've done it by encouraging people who give feedback I like, discouraging people from giving feedback I don't like, and ignoring people who are blatantly asking me to do something I don't want to do. It takes time, but it's been very effective. Confronting a situation is almost always preferable to just sitting back and taking it.

Whenever someone says, "It would be better if [alternate scenario]," I just reply, "I drew it this way because I prefer it this way" or "No it wouldn't." Shorter, blunter answers tend to be more effective than long, rambly ones, and most of the time, the people who say those sorts of things won't argue with you. It's usually just said out of carelessness and when you call them on it, they get self-conscious and ashamed.

So those of you who've experienced this stuff, do you ever just say "I like what I like. You like what you like. Tastes differ" or anything like that?

When I feel that I can speak against someone, I try to. More often than not it's not a blunt "male preds suck" that can be replied to--rather, it's an underlying sense that I'm not very welcome enjoying what I do, and that can't always be addressed because it isn't visibly aggressive or outright stated. After a while you can tell when people are being hostile towards you for what you like, even though they don't bring it up. It's very passive-aggressive.

In other cases, it's better not to respond. For example, when the person told me that my picture was 'stomach-turning', they were already displaying a great deal of hostility and if I had stopped to say "I like what I like", it probably would have elicited a more dramatic response from them. In short, I didn't want them to think that I was being defensive, and even if I had said something it is entirely likely that they would have ignored it because they were so angry. They couldn't give two shits.

Although I dont have a gallery, I feel that when people receive comments that say "This would be better if...", it's sometimes better not to respond. Not for the commenter's sake, but for the artist's/writer's own. If said artist or writer posts a lot of material involving male predators, it's likely they receive those comments frequently if they're popular or have attracted the attention of someone that's persistent in their demand for something female-oriented. if they stopped to address every comment like that, it would take its toll much faster on their patience. People will always be selfish about their preferences, I think, and for some people just ignoring the comments might be the only way they can have the will to continue posting.

I know that not responding doesnt help those commenters come any closer to realizing why what they're saying is wrong, but the artist can't and should not be held responsible for the commenter's actions. Not everyone can just ignore people that are hostile to them. They shouldn't have to deal with this kind of treatment in the first place, so I don't think writers or artists can really be faulted for not saying something, especially considering how prevalent it is on this website.
incubite
Somewhat familiar

Postby Humbug » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:46 am

@KnightleyPaine: That first scenario you listed is the toughest out of all of them. Individuals are relatively simple to deal with, but it's so hard to fight a crowd. And the crowd here clearly is the pro-female pred/anti-male pred group. But I'm glad you stuck to your guns and that the mods saw fit not to punish you for a bogus report. Good on you. I hope others can take that to heart and trust in the mods here to do their jobs properly and fairly as they can.

@Saftkeur: That's funny that you should mention the "tongue" thing. I've shown some of your works to my friends and we had a good chuckle over that particular aspect, but you may notice I've never publicly criticized you for it (I'd name the friends and point out that they haven't either, but I'm not sure they'd want me to. XD). And it's precisely because I just assumed you were exaggerating a part of the body that you're particularly attracted to, so it's not that you're lacking artistic skill; it's that you just -like- that kind of thing. That is something no one can rightfully judge. I guess it's a matter of learning which judgments people have a leg to stand on and which are completely bogus. Taste preferences are bogus, for instance, which is the entire premise of this persecution crap.

Oh, and I hope people don't think I'm artificially prolonging the bit about persecution. I just think it's an important topic to hash out before the topic re-rails. It's best to deal with issues first, then get back to the pleasant business afterward.
...Assuming people do have the foresight to let the persecution topic go once it's run its course. >.>

EDITED POST TO INCLUDE A RESPONSE TO EURYKINS

Oh, yeah. You definitely need to use your judgment. There's no panacea for this issue. I just find that it's better to respond, and the more people who do it, the clearer it becomes that some behaviors just aren't acceptable. People aren't just going to stop acting that way on their own or because a single forum topic that they're not interested in described the problem.

I'm also not saying it's the artist's or writer's fault for not responding. It's a personal choice, and if it does indeed help the content creator to cope with the bullshit, that's fine. I'm just mentioning this to the people it clearly -does- bother, since they're the ones who need things to change.
Last edited by Humbug on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Humbug
---

Postby KnightleyPaine » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:49 am

Much as I agree about the comments, remember it's a big audience out there. It feels like it's barely realistic to expect all of them to get that sometimes, there's a possibility that something someone made was not explicitly there to suit their tastes.

Ever been to a site with H doujins that have comments? It's always 'boo-hoo, it's not a happy vanilla story', these people don't seem to comprehend that somewhere out there are people who don't solely want vanilla and that they can see the tags that are usually there, but they'll still question things like 'what's up with this vore stuff?'. It's the same here, out of millions and billions of people out there, there's bound to be ones who don't get it, and chances are those are also the most vocal crowd.

I personally don't bother, but if someone feels like they deserved a direct jab of sarcasm or a more polite form of 'male vore was the whole point, deal with it.', go ahead. You're human, you're allowed to have emotions, for all I care state out loud 'you people need to stop making these comments because they are not constructive and I'm not changing my ways', just don't actively try to be a jerk and don't use it as excuse to shoo off actually constructive comments. It's a thin line to walk, and I find live and let be good enough if you're thick-skinned. Otherwise, speak up.
KnightleyPaine
Participator

Postby incubite » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:00 am

Another example to add: It seems harmless, but people making assumptions that a predator is female also contribute to this underlying feeling of inhospitality. It's not as bad when it's just one person making the assumption, but when you see multiple people joining in the assumption across multiple topics, it makes it difficult to join in. In my own experience I've found it difficult to engage myself in a conversation where pretty much everyone has agreed the predator is female because it requires you to contradict what's already been said about the predator's gender. This makes you stand out, and people like to make passive-aggressive comments about their dislike for male-predators. It's also a little disheartening to see so many topics with assumed female predators because it's a small reminder that a good chunk of the site is incapable of tolerating male predators.

I know we're talking a lot about the 'persecution' involved with male-predators, but this is really the only place on this website where we can openly discuss our experiences and I think it's important to address. That, and some of us are understandably kind of worked up about it and it feels good to be able to talk about it with other people.
incubite
Somewhat familiar

Postby incubite » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:06 am

Humbug wrote:EDITED POST TO INCLUDE A RESPONSE TO EURYKINS

Oh, yeah. You definitely need to use your judgment. There's no panacea for this issue. I just find that it's better to respond, and the more people who do it, the clearer it becomes that some behaviors just aren't acceptable. People aren't just going to stop acting that way on their own or because a single forum topic that they're not interested in described the problem.

I'm also not saying it's the artist's or writer's fault for not responding. It's a personal choice, and if it does indeed help the content creator to cope with the bullshit, that's fine. I'm just mentioning this to the people it clearly -does- bother, since they're the ones who need things to change.

Yeah, I don't really think this topic will make the issue go away, but it's really nice to see that some people have left surprised comments and are now aware that it's a thing. :>

And that's fair enough! :> I would encourage those people to comment on it, too, but I can understand just fine if they're too timid or nervous to bring it up or don't want to talk about it. The more people that point out how unwelcome those comments are, the better.
incubite
Somewhat familiar

Postby Humbug » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:14 am

Eurykins wrote:Another example to add: It seems harmless, but people making assumptions that a predator is female also contribute to this underlying feeling of inhospitality. It's not as bad when it's just one person making the assumption, but when you see multiple people joining in the assumption across multiple topics, it makes it difficult to join in. In my own experience I've found it difficult to engage myself in a conversation where pretty much everyone has agreed the predator is female because it requires you to contradict what's already been said about the predator's gender. This makes you stand out, and people like to make passive-aggressive comments about their dislike for male-predators. It's also a little disheartening to see so many topics with assumed female predators because it's a small reminder that a good chunk of the site is incapable of tolerating male predators.

I know we're talking a lot about the 'persecution' involved with male-predators, but this is really the only place on this website where we can openly discuss our experiences and I think it's important to address. That, and some of us are understandably kind of worked up about it and it feels good to be able to talk about it with other people.
You mean topics like "What do you do once you're inside of her?" and tripe like that?

That shit bothers me, and I'm predominantly into female predators. It's just so freaking presumptuous and exclusive, and it sounds like they have a specific person in mind to be the predator, which means it's just a personal fantasy and thus doesn't really belong in a public forum.

Of course, it's not just topics. It's individual comments too. Like, on a demographic poll I saw once, asking things like "Are you into Male or Female preds/prey" and "Furry/Human/Demi" stuff, I saw several replies where people just went off on how they loved the idea of being part of "her" and stuff. That kind of thing bothers me with how specific it is. It's actually kinda creepy. XD
Eurykins wrote:Yeah, I don't really think this topic will make the issue go away, but it's really nice to see that some people have left surprised comments and are now aware that it's a thing. :>

And that's fair enough! :> I would encourage those people to comment on it, too, but I can understand just fine if they're too timid or nervous to bring it up or don't want to talk about it. The more people that point out how unwelcome those comments are, the better.
Hopefully the topic helped rally some of the people with the same problem together so they can form their own offensive against this kind of behavior. Might not resolve the issue, but it's definitely easier to fight a problem when you've got allies. :)
Humbug
---

Postby KnightleyPaine » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:25 am

Eurykins wrote:Another example to add: It seems harmless, but people making assumptions that a predator is female also contribute to this underlying feeling of inhospitality. It's not as bad when it's just one person making the assumption, but when you see multiple people joining in the assumption across multiple topics, it makes it difficult to join in. In my own experience I've found it difficult to engage myself in a conversation where pretty much everyone has agreed the predator is female because it requires you to contradict what's already been said about the predator's gender. This makes you stand out, and people like to make passive-aggressive comments about their dislike for male-predators. It's also a little disheartening to see so many topics with assumed female predators because it's a small reminder that a good chunk of the site is incapable of tolerating male predators.

Just because these people assume a predator is female by default, doesn't make them intolerant of males and hate you. They can have all their jolly F/F fun they want and they're in a majority.

I'm not quite sure what you're saying, so I'll ask, is the problem that they don't go out of their way and leave some consideration for you? Because as things stand, they don't have to. But they do have to accept it if you jump in and talk about male preds, and that's all there is to it. If your complaint is that 'I feel so out of place now if I said anything about this' without actually saying anything... where's the problem? In your head, that's where. If you speak up and there's noone joining in on your topic because you happen to be the only one interested in it, that's not a problem of everyone else either. But if they start insulting or jabbing at you for having such preferences, that's the only line there is.

Eurykins wrote:I know we're talking a lot about the 'persecution' involved with male-predators, but this is really the only place on this website where we can openly discuss our experiences and I think it's important to address. That, and some of us are understandably kind of worked up about it and it feels good to be able to talk about it with other people.

Combined with your former comment, I'll try and explain what I mean here; you're confining yourself to silence and this thread is like that one ghetto where we get to have our opinions? It shouldn't be this way to begin with. You're supposed to be out there and talking about what you like to your hearts content the moment you find someone like-minded. If there wasn't anyone like-minded at the time, pity, but that's not the World's problem. But don't make it another 'don't ask don't tell', make it your thing, go with it and don't ever let anyone stop you.

This topic says 'Let's talk about male preds'... that's not quite what you're talking about. It said 'this thread should give male preds a place to lurk where they are appreciated' or something along the lines. This topic is far more about treatment and experiences of people who prefer it and seem to get flak for it, and that's fine. Just don't mistaken one statement for disallowing the other.
Last edited by KnightleyPaine on Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
KnightleyPaine
Participator

Postby incubite » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:26 am

Humbug wrote:You mean topics like "What do you do once you're inside of her?" and tripe like that?

That shit bothers me, and I'm predominantly into female predators. It's just so freaking presumptuous and exclusive, and it sounds like they have a specific person in mind to be the predator, which means it's just a personal fantasy and thus doesn't really belong in a public forum.

Of course, it's not just topics. It's individual comments too. Like, on a demographic poll I saw once, asking things like "Are you into Male or Female preds/prey" and "Furry/Human/Demi" stuff, I saw several replies where people just went off on how they loved the idea of being part of "her" and stuff. That kind of thing bothers me with how specific it is. It's actually kinda creepy. XD

Yeah, that, and topics where it's something broader like "Do you like it when a predator does x" or something, but one of the first comments talks about it like "And I love the thought of her asserting herself over me, I love a dominant woman" or something like that ahah. ; v; Whenever I see a topic that looks interesting and I go to comment, I normally see something to that effect going in the comments and it's kind of bothersome.

And I agree that it's creepy, especially with hyper-specific forum topics that you can kind of tell is one person gushing about a dream-scenario, but with the character's names removed so as to remain vague and protect anonymity. e_e;

Humbug wrote:Hopefully the topic helped rally some of the people with the same problem together so they can form their own offensive against this kind of behavior. Might not resolve the issue, but it's definitely easier to fight a problem when you've got allies. :)

Yeah! :> I have plans to open a gallery in the future and had the idea that I would just immediately block anyone that commented with "It would be better if...", but after this I find myself more willing to talk about it. ' v '
incubite
Somewhat familiar

Postby Saftkeur » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:46 am

Humbug wrote:@Saftkeur: That's funny that you should mention the "tongue" thing. I've shown some of your works to my friends and we had a good chuckle over that particular aspect, but you may notice I've never publicly criticized you for it (I'd name the friends and point out that they haven't either, but I'm not sure they'd want me to. XD). And it's precisely because I just assumed you were exaggerating a part of the body that you're particularly attracted to, so it's not that you're lacking artistic skill; it's that you just -like- that kind of thing. That is something no one can rightfully judge. I guess it's a matter of learning which judgments people have a leg to stand on and which are completely bogus. Taste preferences are bogus, for instance, which is the entire premise of this persecution crap.

Oh, and I hope people don't think I'm artificially prolonging the bit about persecution. I just think it's an important topic to hash out before the topic re-rails. It's best to deal with issues first, then get back to the pleasant business afterward.
...Assuming people do have the foresight to let the persecution topic go once it's run its course. >.>

Yeah, exaggeration is a good way to put it, in regards to the lengthy tongues; some of them are stylized, some of them are just intended to look very inhuman. Pretty much everything in my gallery is a result of something I personally like, or something I haven't figured out how to improve yet. So it's definitely an annoyance when people come around to let me know that they'd like my work better if I did X or Y differently. Well good for you! I'll keep that in mind next time I'm trying to impress you specifically, like if you're paying me or something. If you're not? Sit back and just watch me enjoy the things I like, and you're welcome to share my interests. :)

And Chameleonette has a way of firing up discussion with her threads! :P But yes, letting this gently shift back to talking about male predators is a good idea.
Fantasy/Fetish artist, specializing in 3D vore, macro/micro, and tongue fetishes.
Gallery - Patreon
Saftkeur
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Humbug » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:08 am

@Eurykins: Glad I could help hone your perspective! :D

@Saftkeur: Right. Exactly. We all fill a niche with our preferences, and the people who want to see what we like to see will come to us. Some may be more popular than others, but that's okay. :)
Humbug
---

Postby Nino » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:40 am

Saftkeur wrote:And Chameleonette has a way of firing up discussion with her threads! :P But yes, letting this gently shift back to talking about male predators is a good idea.

I shall help with such an endeavore... endeavor! I'm a male prey, but curious to the male pred side of things in terms of what female prey desire. I'm trying to figure out if I can relate or not, and if so perhaps I would be fairly suitable as a male pred. I've also never done a vore related or an IC style RP before, so forgive my ignorance on the matter :)

So far in this thread I've read desires for:
Physical Traits:
Toned/Fit
Muscled
Rugged
Uniforms with ripping buttons (sounds dangerous without protective eye-wear... perhaps I'm exaggerating the effect in my mind lol)
Svelte
Glasses
[nice mix so far]

Non-Physical Traits:
Has Personality
Confident (not to be confused with Douche)
In positions of power
Romantic
Cruel/Sadistic (badboy? Same thing? or is badboy more of a presence of cool?)
Friendly/Nurturing/Gentle

Did I miss any? I think only one or two actually preferred the kinder predators. What about the during and post vore aspects - any particular turn-ons or turn-offs?

Help your predators become irresistible threats ;D What else is out there that pushes buttons for prey in terms of male preds?

-NINO
Nino
New to the forum

Postby incubite » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:27 am

How could we forget height? ; H; I loooove tall predators. Imposing presences are nice. :'>
incubite
Somewhat familiar

Postby Noxyoursox » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:14 am

Although I consider females to be physically more attractive, I love the idea of being seduced and dominated by a strong male predator (it kind of crosses over into BDSM for me)--being not so much "willing" as intoxicated by the force of his personality, then becoming a docile meal for him. I also like the idea of being protected by an alpha male who eats anyone who tries to hurt me, and cuddling with him afterwards feeling the prey in his belly.

Appearance is less important to me for male preds than female, but I love the classic vampire look: tall, dark and handsome, anyone? For non-humans, I like male preds to be big enough to swallow me without unrealistic stretching, but small enough to cuddle with.
Noxyoursox
Participator

Postby CMPunkBITW434 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:49 am

Noxyoursox wrote:Although I consider females to be physically more attractive, I love the idea of being seduced and dominated by a strong male predator (it kind of crosses over into BDSM for me)--being not so much "willing" as intoxicated by the force of his personality, then becoming a docile meal for him. I also like the idea of being protected by an alpha male who eats anyone who tries to hurt me, and cuddling with him afterwards feeling the prey in his belly.

Appearance is less important to me for male preds than female, but I love the classic vampire look: tall, dark and handsome, anyone? For non-humans, I like male preds to be big enough to swallow me without unrealistic stretching, but small enough to cuddle with.

You can never go wrong with the tall, dark, brooding types, but I also love the nice guys who have a fierce temper. They're pretty laid back or non-confrontational, but when you make them angry, they get angry. Good characters with dark sides are always really fun to read or write, I think.
CMPunkBITW434
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ka-Atis » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:00 am

Reading through this thread. Wow it has grown..

I must say I'm surprised how many people here feel intimidated or even scared by the haters of male preds. I really didn't know.. Being into male preds myself, I am aware of the annoyance that some guys try to talk artists into drawing females instead of males, but for me it ended there. Ignore, answer with a polite 'no', or report button should it get obnoxious, but that's it. Somebody doesn't like my stuff? So what? I never thought it was such a big problem. It sounds like you people got upright bullied here. 8O

Now I am wondering - did I only have great luck during all those years, being spared from the worst things? Or, do I perceive things differently than others here? Or, such creep guys simply don't bother me that much because I'm considered "such a hopelessly unattractive case" anyway..?

Saftkeur wrote:The pred-shaming can sometimes be subtle or even unintentional, but rest assured it happens a ton!
It's partly a product of society, too, combined with the fact that males are a majority of the users here (and out of those males, it's another majority of them that are prey). If you're a male prey and you see a male predator, the "Ew, gross!" response seems all too natural, because it's somehow become taught that if you like another man, or compliment them, or have a fantasy that involves men, that's gay. And of course, female-on-female stuff is hot and totally fine, so nobody bats an eyelash at that stuff.

..and then they demand a "warning" for every post with a male pred. :lol:

Now it's generally a good idea to label your stuff, or describe the things you link to, but what's so hilarous here is the double standard these guys undeniably have - it doesn't at all occur to them that female pred posts should be labeled as well, it's all about putting a huge warning tag on male preds because "eeewg gross now I'm traumatized".

Eurykins wrote:Another example to add: It seems harmless, but people making assumptions that a predator is female also contribute to this underlying feeling of inhospitality. It's not as bad when it's just one person making the assumption, but when you see multiple people joining in the assumption across multiple topics, it makes it difficult to join in.

As a pred I experience that a lot as well. ..yet another thread for preys exclusively. Some days ago one guy started entirely five threads or so for preys. I was like.. err.. what?

Yes, I can see how that is annoying, getting excluded already from the beginning. But at the other side, I don't really have to partake in every stinking thread here right? Why must every thread be "available" for me? At the other side, it's a pest when such one-sided material flood the main page. In such cases of redundant threads, report them, and admin can merge them into one thread. We don't really need five active "let's discuss female preds" threads at once. ;)

GREGOLE wrote:
Yes, the problem is not with drawing or writing what you like. In fact, that's of the utmost importance. The problem is when people chastise others for drawing or writing what they like. That is inexcusable.

This. This forever.

I love male preds. I love them almost as much as female preds. And I can do nothing but roll my eyes when either side tries to act superior than the other, as is bafflingly common! ....Okay, maybe not baffling. People acting like their kinks are superior to other peoples' goes on far outside the voreosphere. But still.

Yes. Sad but true, I *have* seen ignorant attitude from the M/F camp as well. Ridiculous blanket statements on what males or females are like, or supposed to be like (most typically, the dominant male - submissive female stereotype). But perhaps it's just a counter-reaction to all the flack M/F fans have gotten themselves?

One clarification which may be necessary for me to make:
While I have expressed my disagreement with such blanket statements about gender roles in the past, I have never attacked anyone because of their gender preferences. I'm sorry if it came off that way, that was not the intention.

I don't think it's wrong or sexist when a female enjoys the submissive role, fantasizes about being prey or generally abused by a dominant male. What I do think is wrong (or even sexist) however is when such is presented as an ideal, standard or norm (and not only as own preferences). People are different, including huge variations within the same gender. What we should aim for is more tolerance, accepting and respecting the entire range, including dominant male preds and submissive female preys, but also dominant female preds and submissive male preys, and anything else. It's not possible to shoehorn an entire population into the same box, in fact it's just counterproductive, as it may antagonize people who would otherwise have supported one.
Now I eat you!}- >:-(.. ____ D: -{no.. nooo..
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

Postby Mecho » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:04 am

I approve of this thread!
Mecho
---

Postby Ka-Atis » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:07 am

CMPunkBITW434 wrote:If male preds gross some out, than I can honestly say that there are some female pred types that gross me out. Nothing puts me off more than an overly sexualised, cliche female pred with a shallow, boring personality. Not going to bash anyone who likes that though, and I would say the exact same thing if a male pred were presented in the same way too.

Exactly that is the reason why I have hard time enjoying much of the F/M material here. Particularly when it's a scared looking anime girl, I cannot at all relate to or identify with them. For me, a pred must be strong, confident and capable. That goes for my male preds but also for my female preds. I'm not bashing either, it's just.. how I'm wired, weak looking people don't activate my pred sensor. ;)

A pred must somehow.. look threatening. Dangerous. :D

Chameleonette wrote:
Ka-Atis wrote:How are my male preds? Strong, powerful, capable. Muscled. Sharp facial features. Rugged. ;)
Assertive, confident with themselves. And yeah, cruel or even sadistic.

Very nice. I definitely like those types of preds, too.

Feel free to check out my gallery, it's full of them. I have to warn though, much is hardvore, and preds are often pretty exaggerated, maybe "too much" for most people here. What they may consider as ugly rather than handsome. ;)

Eurykins wrote:For male predators (and male characters in general) I love when the character is powerful and has a bad attitude, yet holds a soft spot for a particular person/a particular group.

My favorite. The big bad guy but who is nice to his girl. Or more generally, the ruthless predator who hunts people of a different kind (be it species or simply type of people) but never his own kind.

In my case, I think it's because loyalty matters a lot. All my preds, the ones I relate to, appear to have that trait. It just happens. That may be the one major reason why I'm not into relationship betrayal vore, where the guy eats the girl he loves, against her will. Or generally abusive relationships. My type of pred considers somebody as *either* friend *or* food. But I must also add - ambiguous situations can be very interesting story material as well.

Eurykins wrote:How could we forget height? ; H; I loooove tall predators. Imposing presences are nice. :'>

Definitely. When same size, which I often enjoy, I strongly prefer it when the pred is taller than the prey. Typically, my pred characters are somewhere between 6 and 8' tall, while the preys are more like 5 - 6'.

Nino wrote:Cruel/Sadistic (badboy? Same thing? or is badboy more of a presence of cool?)

Probably both ;)
Now I eat you!}- >:-(.. ____ D: -{no.. nooo..
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

Postby Chameleonette » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:33 am

I'm happy to see that this thread if flourishing! Male preds definitely needed some appreciation and it's great to see supporters.

That said, I'm also NOT going to discourage people who want to talk about their bad experiences, too. Sometimes it does help to talk about things and it also educates those in the forum who may have had no idea that such things were going on. That is not, however, to say that it will be largely what this thread is about---but I will not discourage it.

Anyway, back more on the topic of male preds...

YES to tall preds. A very big, enthusiastic yes.

Even before I was into vore (or accepting of it), I have always been a sucker for pairings with big height differences, whether it's the male or female that's taller/bigger. And taking it to a vore situation just makes it even more appealing to me.

I'm also fond of age difference, where the pred is a good deal older than the prey. However, I like the prey to at least be legal or around that age. I think this comes along with my weakness for pred types like professors with student prey, etc. I definitely find that alluring.

Deceptive/mind-screwing preds are another thing that I like. In a recent art of mine, I expressed a like for a classy male pred who lures ladies in with charm and charisma, giving them the completely wrong idea about his attentions/affections before he makes his real move. Mind-screwing takes that a little further, but I enjoy that, too. I think of that along the lines of the pred convincing the prey of their own powerlessness and squeezing out what they can of the prey's will with honeyed, but cutting words. And I love, love, LOVE dirty talking/vore-talking with male preds, as well. Hnngh.
Passionate advocate of M/F vore.

My RP Seeking Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35501
Chameleonette
---

Postby MidnightRose » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:36 am

Yes, tall is good. <3
MidnightRose
Vampric Homunculus

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion