Let's Talk About Male Preds!

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Let's Talk About Male Preds!

Postby CMPunkBITW434 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:42 pm

So glad you went and made this topic! :P

I've already told you what I like in a male pred in the Female Prey thread already, so I won't repeat myself there. Unlike you and others, I'm lucky in that I haven't had any bad experiences with others over my preferences. Then again, I haven't tried out the chat or RP'd with anyone yet...

The main reason I like male preds is because I'm a girl and attracted to men. That is not to say that I dislike female preds however. When I'm writing my stories, I still use them and feature them in the plot, it's just that the male pred is the main priority and why I'm writing the story to begin with.
I also won't say that I haven't read or seen stuff with female preds that I didn't like - I'm a fan of Saftkeur's stuff, for instance - but they do absolutely nothing for me in terms of attraction or excitement.

If male preds gross some out, than I can honestly say that there are some female pred types that gross me out. Nothing puts me off more than an overly sexualised, cliche female pred with a shallow, boring personality. Not going to bash anyone who likes that though, and I would say the exact same thing if a male pred were presented in the same way too.
CMPunkBITW434
Somewhat familiar

Postby CrimsonShadow » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:44 pm

Personally not a big fan of them myself, but there are a few exceptions, and I'd never get angry at someone simply for having different tastes (no pun intended)
CrimsonShadow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Humbug » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:50 pm

Chameleonette wrote:NEVER should ANYONE in this fetish be made to feel that they are weird, alienated, or wrong for what they like. Remember that we are a community of people who are already looked down upon by many in the fetish world---there's no need to extend that dislike right into preferences of this fetish itself.
Amen, sistah! Been fighting for this for a while now. It's ridiculous when a minority persecutes its own.

I tend to be neutral toward males in general, but when I do use them, I typically (with a couple exceptions) prefer them to be the predator. It just clicks more with me for whatever reason.
Know what's funny, though? In Fur Affinity's vore community, male preds (and prey) are the dominant paradigm. There's very little persecution as far as that's concerned, though, so I'm happy about that.
Humbug
---

Postby Queerbert » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:53 pm

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/wdtjnt/t ... ensus/view

>TFW at least 60% majority being faced with oppression

Fuck you, discriminators. You can suck a dick.

:cool:
psh nuthin personnel... kid' evil hedghog sayed wile he peed in his moutg.
Queerbert
???

Postby Chameleonette » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:54 pm

RorschachR wrote:An issue I've personally faced on a few occasions is people trying to get me to a female character when they found out I'm a girl, even after I explicitly tell them no they persue the issue to the point where I may have to block them. If you're not into male preds, whatever, but don't harass those who are! Especially if they're a girl in real life!

Yeah, I feel you on this. I've also had people who RPed with me and then tried to guilt me into playing a female predator since they 'did something for me', as if my preferences could be changed on that alone. Some people really need to learn more tolerance and respect for others and their preferences.

[Dinobonoid] wrote:But back on topic, I like my male preds tall, svelte but toned, and with a bit of stubble. And glasses are a plus. I also very much enjoy it when he romances his prey before devouring her, either catching her off guard, or even ending up with her wanting to be eaten. A bit of an old trope, but I consider it a classic.

Ohhh yes. That sounds amazing for a male pred. I like diversity with them, so some whiskers and glasses are a more than welcome change from the norm. And I like the idea of romancing and catching her off-guard, too.

Eurykins wrote:The stigma with male preds extends to how artists are treated as well. Comments like "This would be better if the pred was female" seem innocent enough, but artists that draw males get this so often that over time it starts to take its toll. The comment itself is also entirely useless, saying nothing more than "I would like your art if you drew my interests instead of your own". So to anyone reading, please keep those sorts of comments to yourself because the artist who slaved over a picture for 6+ hours really does not want their art to be disregarded like that just because the predator is male. :I

There are a few wonderful artists who have left the site entirely because people couldn't keep those opinions to themselves: Kroma_Fera and Jidane to name just two. :C

Ugh. I have seen a lot of this behavior, too. I've also been told that I would be a lot more popular or they'd 'like my art more' if I drew female preds instead, but it's all about preferences and I'm not the slightest bit ashamed of what I enjoy. So if they want to waste their breath sending me PMs like that, it's their lost time, not mine. I've noticed this to a lesser extent about other things, too, like "I'd enjoy this more if it was same-size/micro-macro/non-fatal", etc. I get that people have their preferences, but I just don't appreciate it when they tell artists/writers that they should cater to someone else's preferences instead.

...I'm sorry to hear that artists have actually been chased for for these reasons, too, though I can entirely see how they would feel, given the circumstances.

Ka-Atis wrote:How are my male preds? Strong, powerful, capable. Muscled. Sharp facial features. Rugged. ;)
Assertive, confident with themselves. And yeah, cruel or even sadistic.

Very nice. I definitely like those types of preds, too.

pseudo wrote:Personally I enjoy all gender combinations, but since it's by far the rarest, it's good to see M/F getting a bit of love!

As long as myself and other M/F lovers who aren't afraid of some of the masses and their criticisms are around, it will be getting more love. : )

nephilim wrote:And, to skate across another issue --

You are not alone, Chammy. I can't even begin to tell you about the backlash I've gotten over the years. I have been called names that run the entire gamut. From misogynist to sexist, to.... lol -- and this one is my favorite -- that I'm Eka Portal's Rush Limbaugh in terms of how I treat female characters. LOL! I must admit, that one made my entire year.

Wow. WOOOOOOW. And yet, you have continued to grace us with your amazing writing despite this. I admire your strength. I had no idea people said such things to you.
Passionate advocate of M/F vore.

My RP Seeking Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35501
Chameleonette
---

Postby Saftkeur » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:01 pm

rbrtlo wrote:Male preds gross me out personally, but I had no idea that there was pred-shaming going on :/
We're a community to stop those sorts of things, or to at least get a break from them. The idea that anyone on this site would look down on anyone else for their preferences is really disappointing. :(

The pred-shaming can sometimes be subtle or even unintentional, but rest assured it happens a ton!
It's partly a product of society, too, combined with the fact that males are a majority of the users here (and out of those males, it's another majority of them that are prey). If you're a male prey and you see a male predator, the "Ew, gross!" response seems all too natural, because it's somehow become taught that if you like another man, or compliment them, or have a fantasy that involves men, that's gay. And of course, female-on-female stuff is hot and totally fine, so nobody bats an eyelash at that stuff.
The end result is, the "males preds are gross" comment tends to be an acceptable one, since so many people agree with it and feel like it's harmless, or think that they're just playfully teasing, or just generally don't think about what they're saying at all ("this would be so much hotter with a female predator" is one of the worst comments you can make, since the best it can ever be is a really backhanded compliment). And it ends up creating a really hostile environment for anyone who legitimately enjoys male predators, because even the innocuous "I'm just saying, don't take this personally" comments all add up.

To a lesser extent, I'm sure people who enjoy scat-play get the same deal, because we're all so tuned to think of poo being gross and nasty. It's easy to assume that everyone agrees with this, so people tend to assume that even the folks who like scat must agree with this and it'd somehow be okay to joke about how terrible it is. And the end result is that people who like these sorts of things are afraid to mention it in their profiles or anything, because of the judgment they'll get for it.
And this is all within a community that's already got to deal with judgment from outside, too! We get too comfortable within our community, and suddenly you get a little mini-society all over again.

Not to derail the point of the thread, though! You all can go back to discussing the loveliness of male predators, I just wanted to jump in for a moment to give my outside view on the sort of crap male-pred lovers end up dealing with.
Fantasy/Fetish artist, specializing in 3D vore, macro/micro, and tongue fetishes.
Gallery - Patreon
Saftkeur
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GREGOLE » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:06 pm

Yes, the problem is not with drawing or writing what you like. In fact, that's of the utmost importance. The problem is when people chastise others for drawing or writing what they like. That is inexcusable.

This. This forever.

I love male preds. I love them almost as much as female preds. And I can do nothing but roll my eyes when either side tries to act superior than the other, as is bafflingly common! ....Okay, maybe not baffling. People acting like their kinks are superior to other peoples' goes on far outside the voreosphere. But still.
GREGOLE
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Queerbert » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:13 pm

I like my male preds mildly attractive and either really friendly, dudebro (under certain circumstances!! Don't stone me!!) or nurturing. I can do less happy fun sunshine roleplays with male predators (and female) but their personality isn't what will get me going. Though I do like a smooth talker.
psh nuthin personnel... kid' evil hedghog sayed wile he peed in his moutg.
Queerbert
???

Postby MidnightRose » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:17 pm

I LOVE them. (As if that weren't obvious enough.) My favorite preds are bad boys - sadistic, teasing, and relentless. Especially the ones who get sexual gratification from what they do. It's important for me to find them attractive. If the prey is also a guy I have zero interest, but a woman? Mmmhmmhmm~ <3
Last edited by MidnightRose on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MidnightRose
Vampric Homunculus

Postby Chameleonette » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:22 pm

MidnightRose wrote:I LOVE them. (As if that weren't obvious enough.) My favorite preds are bad boys - sadistic, teasing, and relentless. Though I have to find the guy attractive in order to enjoy the vore itself. If the prey is also a guy I have no interest, but a woman? Mmmhmmhmm~ <3

Definitely a hundred percent with you on this. Bad boy preds are amazing and tons of fun to have female prey interact with!

Chameleonette
---

Postby nephilim » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:26 pm

Chameleonette wrote:
MidnightRose wrote:I LOVE them. (As if that weren't obvious enough.) My favorite preds are bad boys - sadistic, teasing, and relentless. Though I have to find the guy attractive in order to enjoy the vore itself. If the prey is also a guy I have no interest, but a woman? Mmmhmmhmm~ <3

Definitely a hundred percent with you on this. Bad boy preds are amazing and tons of fun to have female prey interact with!

Thirded.
600k views - Click the banner for my production studio
Read The Stories Before They're Stubbed
Vore-Kink. Size-Kink. Legend & Lore
nephilim
???

Postby MidnightRose » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:30 pm

However, there can be some real breakers for me concerning what's involved in the vore. For example, I can't stand scat/full tour implications or anal. Samesize cock vore also rubs me the wrong way, but I enjoy it when it's macro/micro.
MidnightRose
Vampric Homunculus

Postby incubite » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:36 pm

For male predators (and male characters in general) I love when the character is powerful and has a bad attitude, yet holds a soft spot for a particular person/a particular group. The idea that he, at any time, could easily do away with his preferred company and yet chooses not to is horribly appealing. I guess I like the sense of danger, but I also love when a character that many would think of as unrelatable is shown to be capable of compassion. ; H;

I also have a soft spot for males that are well-read and arrogant. And demons. Oh god I love demons. e H e

Pretty much, my own character is everything I find attractive smushed into one character, and that's why I play as him all the time too. :I;;;
incubite
Somewhat familiar

Postby tastyWeasel » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:38 pm

MidnightRose wrote:However, there can be some real breakers for me concerning what's involved in the vore. For example, I can't stand scat/full tour implications or anal. Samesize cock vore also rubs me the wrong way, but I enjoy it when it's macro/micro.

Yes! i'm a huge CV fan so that almost restricts me to M/M. For me the chat seems to have a lot more females in general. And herms are fairly rare.
"Make me cum." Has never been more literal than in the world of cock vore.
Speaking of making cum, interested in knowing how much you'd make?
tastyWeasel
Participator

Postby Arthotus » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:43 pm

My preferences for my other kinks play a heavy role in what I like about vore, me thinks. In real life, I very much enjoy, as a male, dominating my female partner(who likes it too if you were worried), and that doesn't change when I get to vore. I very much enjoy playing a male predator eating female prey, because what way could you control someone more than eating them? Female's eating female's is fine for me, and I think I have come to accept that there is just a lot more of this.

That being said, although I have no taste for M/M or F/M, I never shame anyone about it. My predators are usually monstrous though, and I usually have a harder time enjoying more human predators. No idea why that is though. My only guess is because I just can't really accept one human eating another.

Anyway, that's my two cents. It confuses me that anyone would shame another Vore enthusiast. It's such a weird and off the beaten path fetish that you would think we would all be relatively accepting of one another, even though there are often fine lines in our tastes(like hard vore for most). It makes me sad more than angry, and I can only put out my hand in support of those who have had to deal with any kind of put downs. Hang in there, ignore the people who want to hurt you and find someone to accept you for who you are. There are lots on this thread, including me, so send us a PM if you need some help.

On the flip side, if you're reading this as a person who shames others for their sexual fetishes, especially if they are practicing them somewhere like Eka's, you deserve a kick in the face and a sharp decline in your internet speed. If you can't accept different people and interests from your own, get off the internet, make a bunch of cardboard cut outs of yourself, and talk to them. I guarantee they won't argue with you.
Surviving is such a terrible game of chance. No matter how many times you happen to win, it only takes once, and you lose forever.
Arthotus
---

Postby Chameleonette » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:45 pm

Ohhh, I definitely like demon preds. I also have been finding myself increasingly fond of humanoid ones like mermen, centaurs, nagas, etc, lately. Or human males that have some almost animalistic abilities/qualities to them---especially if it involves the tongue. Goooosh I love various forms of tongue-play with male preds.

As for CV, I also can't really envision it with same-size vore, personally. But what bits of I've read/seen of it with micro/macro look interesting. I've never RPed it before, though.

Chameleonette
---

Postby MidnightRose » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:49 pm

Anything humanoid is good with me, and you can't go wrong with demons and nagas.
MidnightRose
Vampric Homunculus

Postby incubite » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:55 pm

Oh gosh and I also really love male unbirth ; H; Unfortunately it's horribly uncommon and I only know of.... one? or two? artists/writers that even have anything about it. ; A;

Strangely enough, though, I don't like female unbirth. So I guess it's not a sexual attraction regarding the... bits involved? But the process of unbirth, to me, is a lot more appealing than the process of cock vore. My guess is that it has something to do with a vagina being more internal than a penis, which appeals to my vore fetish more. In general I'm not a very sexual person so it's not so much the genitalia itself or the fact that it's a sexual organ, I kind of just think of it as another mouth/a new and different way for the prey to end up in the predator's body. :Y
incubite
Somewhat familiar

Postby yummyyoungnorski » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:14 pm

Chameleonette wrote:What do you like about them? Do you have a specific favorite, be it an original character or an existing character? Who do you think would make a good male pred? What type of male preds do you favor?

People always think it's strange that a straight male prey can enjoy M/M as well as F/M, and I don't sexualize male predators in the same way that I sexualize female predators, but rivalry and being humiliated ultimately and finally by another male or a feral creature (who, though technically male or female, I don't really think of that way) can turn me on narcissistically. So can being eaten by a rival or enemy of my girlfriends, or being shared (in the case of hard vore) as one dinner for gf and all her friends, which for me is a similar idea, especially if its exclusively to harm my girlfriend or share the food. To me, male preds, from a straight perspective, and feral preds, which are like male preds but insentient and not competing with me, should be even meaner and more hurtful, dehumanizing and demeaning than female. I'm generally not a fan of willing, but if the pred is male or feral, willing and semiwlling are just plain out!

Chameleonette wrote:The real kicker was when more than one person that I have RPed with on this site, said they never post in the forums or talk about their preferences because they are afraid of backlash, afraid of being looked down upon, and afraid of scorn from their own gender and the other, afraid of being labeled as sexist, etc. This being primarily those who favor male predator role with female prey.

Well they're just going to have to grow up! People will sometimes look down on you. You are not entitled to any acceptance from anyone. If you decide that means you shouldn't speak, because you're afraid, then you'll just have to accept the consequences for that. Lord knows its not the only bad thing we have to accept consequences for in this world.
For the joy of good food.

Visit my gallery on DeviantArt: http://yummyyoungnorski.deviantart.com/
yummyyoungnorski
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby NezumiNom » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:17 pm

[Dinobonoid] wrote:
But back on topic, I like my male preds tall, svelte but toned, and with a bit of stubble. And glasses are a plus. I also very much enjoy it when he romances his prey before devouring her, either catching her off guard, or even ending up with her wanting to be eaten. A bit of an old trope, but I consider it a classic.

My kind of predator right there. Tall for sure(since I love macro), and I've really been loving predators with some stubble to them. And glasses. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the cliche that glasses make a character seem superior. And seducing as a means of catching prey is always a plus~

[SREDISKRAD] wrote:My rant may make it seem like gay orientation, but I am non-sexual (asexual)

There are other people on here who are asexual? Yes! I was thinking it was an oddity to have a paraphilia while being asexual.

Ah, but really, I was generally overly surprised my first coming here that males dominated the site but were not the predators, haha. I mean, sexual preferences are what they are: preferences. Honestly, I don't see how anyone--ANYONE--with such an unusual preference as being devoured alive could even begin to isolate and segregate others based on sub-preferences of said wacky preference.

Ok, but now, enough of the injustice talk. Back to male predators.

Tall, lean, powerful, seductive, manly(lol), charming, devilish, sexy, and intellectual. A classic combination I suppose, and it's my generic preference.
But for any kind of story or anything, I really love for the predator to actually be kind of...ah, what's the phrase...I guess still tall and lean, and cocky and such, but with more emotion behind it. Like, maybe the devouring of the innocent is (surprise surprise) a very very guilty sort of pleasure. Or the kind where the predator has to eat to survive, and enjoys it more than he thought. Or where there's a defining relationship between the predator and the prey. And the predator actually has feelings for the prey or remorse for the actions he's done. But does it anyways because it's such a strong carnal desire.
And intellect in a predator is especially nice when, say, the predator is a professional of some sort. Not like eating others is his job(though a connoisseur like that could be intriguing regardless), but where, say, he's a professor, like in science or biology or something, and can overpower the prey in wits as well as strength.

Any other predator types anyone wants to discuss? I know there's more out there!
NezumiNom
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion