What excites you most about vore - physical or emotional?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Is it the physical or interpersonal aspect that excites you most?

It's the physical part of vore I like the most!
28%
I like it most for the emotions, or the relationship between pred and prey.
59%
There's something else I like most, and I promise to explain it below!
13%

Total votes : 69

What excites you most about vore - physical or emotional?

Postby 4ofSwords » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:13 pm

When I see posts about recreating vore scenarios, and people reply with ideas to simulate stomach sensations or bloating their belly, it leaves me perplexed. To my mind, the only way to recreate a vore scenario would be to have a predator and a prey - it's about the relationship between the two of them, and everything else is ancillary. Likewise, occasionally when I write stories I hear a response of disappointment that I glossed over the actual act of vore, when to me the actual act of vore is the buildup - the pred catching the prey in whatever type of web they've woven.

And that's got me thinking: Which aspect of vore is your primary focus - the physical, or the emotional? If you boil it down to the very core of what interests you most, is it the sensation of being in a mouth or stomach or somewhere else, or just being inside someone in general, that excites you? Does how your counterpart (pred if you're prey, or vice versa) feels matter to you, or do you care about... err... about how they 'feel'? Or is it more about the interaction, about the emotions, about the domination or the desire or the fear or something else?

You'll notice I didn't put an option in there for "they both matter to me" because I figured just about everyone would choose it. So really focus and dig down - if you had to choose one or the other to dispose of, which would it be? Would you rather simulate being in a stomach (or a mouth, or tail, or vagina, or penis, or whatever) without context? Or would you rather play predator and prey with someone knowing that you couldn't take it any further than the emotions?

Or is there some other aspect of things I'm leaving out?
4ofSwords
???

Re: What excites you most about vore - physical or emotional

Postby Silversepiroth » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:08 pm

I didn't have to even think about my answer. It's all about the connection between pred and prey for me. The love, the trust, everything is about the relationship between the two of them.
Silversepiroth
Participator

Postby Battalia » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:09 pm

For myself, the build up is like a tease of a delicious cake. Showing you what you can have, but not right now. Soon, but not right now. The anticipation builds and builds until you finally get that slice of cake. And then it tastes amazing!

Likewise, with vore, a good story makes the vore so much better, because you know how to taste it, and how it feels. It makes the vore better. Vore without context doesn't do much for me. "She at him" doesn't do anything. Same with all those vore pics of girls with bulging bellies. "Yea, great, but why should I care?"

On the flip side, build up with great detail then very little on the vore would also be a little disappointing. Like bieng told the cake is soon, then someone else eats it instead. Yea, I'm sure it was great by the look on their face, but I'd rather have it myself. So in the same sense, build up with little detail on the vore isn't very fun either.

To sum up, for me, they compliment one another really. Together they are great. Alone, they are meh. If I had to only pick one, I'd go with the story however. My imagination is good enough to fuel the rest myself, but I'd rather not have to. I'd rather see only a pic of a pred enticing the prey, than just a pred with a full belly. But together, they are great.

My two cents, and hope they help :)
Battalia
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kharon » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:15 pm

Usually the physical part - it seems like I'm the first to choose the corresponding option. Not exclusively, though. Sometimes I go for a heavily romantic storyline, or a mostly physically focused vore adventure that still has some sort of emotional element to it. But either way, bodies being gulped down, digested for no more than someone's nutrition needs and then pooped out, a big predator reducing a helpless human to food, and things like that - it's what really is at the core of my vore interest, and if I have to choose one or the other - I've made the choice.
Kharon
???

Postby SwallowMe » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:19 pm

I voted something else, because there wasn't a both option. I like them both. In concert they come together for a fuller experience.

There is the physical, the descriptions of the characters, like what does the beautiful woman in a story looks like. The descriptions of her preys interacting with her body, the feel of her tongue caressing them. For the pred, what it feels like to have prey slide down her throat, the wiggling, the squirming. The feel of the pred's stomach. The feel of the prey moving in the belly.

There is the emotional. Is the pred indifferent about eating the prey, like it is something she normally does. What does the prey think about that. Is the prey terrified about being eaten. Or in the case of some of my writings, is the prey excited about being eaten, are they turned on by being so close and intimate with a beautiful woman, even though they are about to be eaten. Or also, while they feel excitement, they also feel the fear as well and are torn about the situation. Same for the pred, is she torn about eating a person. Maybe it is her boyfriend or girlfriend, or a sibling. She thinks, "Should I be doing this?"

Both don't always get represented exactly the same, and in same amounts in my writing, but I feel that you can't have one without the other. For me it is an intertwined relationship of the physical and the emotional that makes for the best stories.
SwallowMe
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SREDISKRAD » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:29 pm

The scene plays out the same for me every time, the prey goes in through the mouth. Nothing intrinsically interesting about that.

For me the most fun in the scene is the emotions. These add depth and meaning to a scene, give it reason, an explanation. It helps to give raise to what comes after, whether there's digestion or if it's endo.

I even find the emotions more comforting than the situation sometimes. A kind pred and a willing prey is all well and good, but, whether it's a cunning sadist consuming another victim or if the prey is trying to get closer to the one he holds most dear is all decided by the emotions and meaning behind the vore.
I'm Back, BICHES!

Intentional spelling of Bitches, Biches.
SREDISKRAD
???

Postby Naweth » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:35 pm

Definitely emotions. Although it's fun to think about the physical elements, I feel like those are just supporting elements to emphasize the greater emotional story going on.

Sense of sight: Whether going feet or head first, eventually the world goes from normal to the inside of someone else. It's a bit of a sick joke against the prey, as if to say you've lost so thoroughly you can fit whole and alive in someone else's mouth/throat/stomach.

Sense of touch: The heat is fun to think about. Having to submit to the uncomfortable, often oppressive body heat of someone else's digestive system. That's pretty cool.

Sense of sound: No more trains, planes, buses, traffic, or kids in the street. Only the breathing of a greater being, their heart beat, their other bodily processes that go unnoticed to everyone else except you, since you're now within inches of that organ or part of the body.

Sense of taste: May not be appealing to some, but I'm quite into graphic digestion and I imagine that breathing the thick, humid air inside of a stomach would develop a bad taste over time. Not to mention splashing stomach contents.

Sense of smell: Again, this might not be for everyone, but the breath of a predator is fun for me to think about. I doubt there'd be anything pleasant about it, especially once inside the stomach, but that still just adds the emotional icing of "you lost, therefore, submit to this gross environment for the rest of your pain-filled life".

But all of that just supports the idea that the predator has completely overcome its prey. The prey was either dealt a bad hand, or played their cards in the worst way possible. And now they are enjoyed in a grotesque, feral fashion.

I especially like the teasing that can take place. Scenes that are simply "Rawr, I'ma eat you" and "Oh no, please don't" can be fun, but it's so much more enjoyable when there's character development and a relationship between them. I love power play, or justice served. When the prey does bad, the pred comes in to seal their fate. Or the predator is just out for that next tenant of their belly, so they have to drop the right seeds in the right order so as to keep the prey feeling safe and secure, until it's too late.

Vore scenes are fun, but that's all about WHAT is going on. I think the WHY is a far more crucial element to set up the right way. If done correctly, the WHAT and HOW sort of just happens the way it should. As far as WHEN, if you ask me, as soon as possible ;)
Naweth
New to the forum

Postby JacktheRabbit » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:29 am

Definitely the build up and interaction for me. To the point that grab/gulp RP scenes being really off-putting. And to the point of not really needing the voreish ending as a requirement.
JacktheRabbit
Participator

Postby Predator » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:43 am

Hm, you pose a difficult question, 4. I think the two aspects are so inextricably linked and specific and influential to one another in the context of each individual's fantasies. But I suppose that if I had to choose - based on the qualifications you made in your post, and focusing just on what excites/arouses me more - the fantasy of the physical sensations is marginally more exciting to me than the emotional aspects. (I say the fantasy of the physical sensations because I very rarely, if ever, have the desire to actually attempt to simulate such sensations by bloating or overeating. Not saying I don't take advantage of the feeling if I happen to have had a big meal, but I don't deliberately fill myself up for that purpose.) While I certainly enjoy a focus on the pred and prey's emotional states and I have preferences therein, the thought that really gets me going is imagining the weight in the pred's belly, the stretch forced by the prey's struggles if it's swallowed alive, the satisfaction of digestion, the taste and feel of flesh in the mouth and throat if it happens to be hard vore, even the hunger and/or desperation before the meal. The fixation on this genre of sensation may be why I also have fantasy fetishes for stuffing, feedism, and object swallowing, but I suppose the addition of the emotional context of vore to that is why it is by far my "primary" fetish.

I think a good, solid context and understandable motives for both pred and prey are absolute musts for good vore stories and I can't enjoy them without that, but I feel as though that's more the product of me being a little bit of a writing snob than anything else. I definitely enjoy when people luxuriate in the details of the vore itself and am certainly disappointed if that doesn't happen after a lot of buildup. Sometimes I even skip to the vore if there's too much prefacing it, I'll confess it. Sometimes I'm just eager for the yummy stuff.

As for real life, though ... that's another matter altogether, really. In that case I would definitely choose having a partner to roleplay pred-and-prey with, without ever simulating the actual sensations. The fantasy of the sensations would be more than enough - and if there was a way to simulate the extent of fullness I imagine or even the wriggling of live prey, I don't think I'd want to experience it - I don't have the kind of carnivorous anatomy that my characters do in my fantasies, and such sensations in my real body would probably just be painful and/or make me violently ill, so ... nah. And for simulating the sensation of the swallowing, I even have trouble with large pills, so I probably wouldn't have much to gain in that department either.
Predator
Participator

Postby Sehnsucht » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:22 am

In a story I like weird biology and very concrete sensations. It's important to me chiefly because I sort of prefer it when the swallow means the prey is left predator's body, so ongoing interaction isn't easy. However, for me the most important part of the story is the build-up, meaning the characters, plot and emotions. So much so that I have to stop myself eliding the vore act itself---sometimes it feels like I'm overexplaining the joke!

In rl play, I adore mouthplay but it's the narrative that'll get me off, without a doubt. One partner and I have been together for so long that the narrative is implicit. A lick and a wiggle and I know what she's implying and I run the story all by myself. My other partner has a really clever approach: start physical, which includes a lot of physical domination and gentle mental domination (telling me to stay in such-and-such a position). When she can see that I'm getting into it, she'll trap me somehow (laying on top, or arms and legs around me) and whisper a story. By then I'm so gone that it's extremely intense. Moreso than any lick or suck on its own could achieve. She calls this "using my body to get into my head". Powerful!

Related though not quite answering your question: Triggers, done well, can be wonderful. Something very weird and physiological happened when my new partner (knowingly) kept threatening to make me give up my soul. I fought intensely, and actually wound up topping for the rest of the night. Very intense. What a trip!
Sehnsucht
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kirah » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:27 pm

For me, it's mostly the emotional aspect. I like the physical aspect too, but the emotional aspect is pretty important to me. I'm a fan of the scenario where the pred and prey are lovers, and I see vore as a way to express said love.
Kirah
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gitab » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:29 am

If I had to choose, emotional, definitely. While I'm all for the sappy romantic vore, my favorite scenario is playful domination - not actively tormenting the prey, but doing whatever the hell you want with them and not caring about their well being in the slightest.

That said, like most, the physical aspect holds great appeal for me as well. In particular the last part of the prey disappearing. But I especially like how surreal the act is. Doing something not just impossible, but ludicrous with one's body. That I believe is the primary reason behind most of my fetishes.
Gitab
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ka-Atis » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:50 pm

I voted "something else", because for me, there *is* both, none could exist on its own without the other - There's the physical part (meat, blood, pretty bodies) as well as the emotional part ("hahaha I'll eat you now!", "no no no please I don't wanna die!"), which melts together into one major thing - the thrill (emotional) or predation (physical). The emotional part is experiencing the meaning of the physical part. Without emotions the physical part would have become pointless, but without the physical part there would be no ground for the emotions, they are like two aspects of the same thing.
Now I eat you!}- >:-(.. ____ D: -{no.. nooo..
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

Postby Dragonic_Wolf » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:29 pm

Emotions, and not necessarily good ones.

Fear, dread, forseeing death by dying inside the body of a stronger being, and knowing that your life will be as valuable as a piece of food. These are the things that make it the best. The physical aspects are a bonus to reinforce the emotions.
Dragonic_Wolf
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AsherTye » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:04 am

I'd be lying if I said the physical aspects weren't attractive to me, but it is the emotional and interpersonal aspects I like the best, particularly if it's well done. The horror and dread the prey feels as they're being prepared, the giddy joy the predator has as he contemplates what he's going to do. Maybe the Pred is friendly, or just outright sadistic, maybe the prey is frightened, or fights his fate with everything he can. The final humiliation of being turned into a display before the predator takes his first bite or begins to swallow. Honestly when you're essentially going through the same events, it is how the characters react and interact that keeps the fun alive.
Remember the importance of eating healthy. Snack on a vegetarian once in a while.
AsherTye
Participator

Postby coop500 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:45 am

It's somewhat both, but I think emotional is still more important to me. The trust and playfulness of such a situation is what interests me, for both pred and prey. For me it's important on how they feel about what one is doing to the other, is the predator happy and satisfied to protect his friend in such a close, secure manner? Or does he feel bad and worry about her being upset and frightened with him for doing so? Is the prey angry, upset, scared or hurt by his sudden actions of play/protection/accident or is she merely confused and a bit worried, but willing to listen to the reason of her predator? Just a simple example. These are the things I enjoy, whether it's before, during or after, though I do tend to focus more on during and after.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby eatmeplease » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:54 am

I had to pick other as well. You can't have one without the other! Physical without emotional would be like the vore happening in a void. Emotional without physical would be a tease.
eatmeplease
---

Postby evilsociopsych » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:37 am

Mostly all those bad emotions :roll:, the fear of being caught, the dread of what comes after that, helplessness ... on they prey's side
contrasted with thrill of the hunt, delight from tasting prey, pleasure from feeling something struggling for it's life inside stomach, and overall "having fun" by the predator :D
and all that reflected by actions :D
evilsociopsych
Somewhat familiar

Postby arion20 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:03 am

Both. One cannot be without the other. I love being a prey. That is why I use prey as the persona in my every stories. Physically, Imagining my body becoming helpless against a stronger pred. Being toyed with. covered with slime, saliva, vomit or gastric juice. Being licked, swallowed slowly. Smelling the foul odor, trapped in the cramped space unable to move, feeling my body burning and melting. Asphyxiation and losing consciousness.
But i also need to know my persona. Who, what, when, where and why. Without these information the story will become stale for me. I want to know who is the prey, When and where did the story happen and why the prey is in that situation. I want to know the prey's feeling on his or her fate. Is he or she willing, unwilling, emotions, acceptance,resolution, arousal, ecstasy and regret.
arion20
Been posting for a bit

Postby Artemis » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:02 pm

This question seems a bit unfair to me, because without the physical side it would literally not be vore.

That being said, I would rather just not do vore if I couldn't have both. Vore without the physical aspect isn't vore at all and vore without the emotional aspect is just... boring! Who wants to eat or be eaten by someone who just doesn't care and is apathetic about the whole thing?

...Don't answer that. The answer is: someone else ;o
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion