Has Vore Art Become"Worse"?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Has Vore Art Become"Worse"?

Postby nyte » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:26 pm

Borealis wrote:
Frednurk wrote:
Dark_Duran wrote:I think another aspect of vore art getting 'worse' (be it real or imagined, I lean towards the latter), is the rise of patreon and other such services to help artists monetize themselves. A large number of the artists that would upload work here frequently have started doing so less and less because they're putting more and more of their work beyond a paywall. I personally have noticed that a number of the artists that I've had on Watch here took a sharp decline in how often they've posted to their galleries after they set up their patreons... one or two posting nothing but preview images to entice people to support said patreons.

My great irritation these days is seeing a new picture uploaded by an artist I love, with a really promising looking thumbnail, only to find out it's nothing more than a clickbait advert for their patreon.

Sorry, guys, but no way in hell am I ever linking my real world bank account to a vore fetish. Not ever.

By all means have a patreon, but is advertising them really what this site is for?

Hard to disagree with this.

The monetising of content is definitely something that's got worse over time, but I think it's natural when more high quality creators come into a community.

Personally, I vote with my wallet. Never used to pay for vore. Never have done. Never will do. People can call me an entitled content consumer but I'd rather be in a community of people that share content with like-minded fans, rather than sleepwalking into a provider and customer arrangement. Goes for furry too.

Well, it's certainly easy for a content consumer to say "I'd rather be in a community of people that share content with like-minded fans."

Yeah, me too. Except, as an artist, one who enjoys the fetish, it's *really* hard for me to find the kind of artwork I enjoy of high quality (kind of the whole topic here). So, I started making it myself. And there's a reason why they call it artwork. It's really hard work. In a perfect world, sure, there'd just be people sharing quality content with one another, but the reality is someone has to make all that content. And the other reality is that they need time to make it, and money to live, and thusly they also need time to make money. Often, making money becomes more important than making art, because it's hard to make a living off artwork, and so you have people who do it just for the fun when they have the chance.

But for the people that would like to combine the two, spending their time making art and money, it's impossible to do that in a "community of people who'd rather just share content with like-minded fans." Just because I charge for my content doesn't mean I'm not like-minded. Was this site intended for advertising? No, because 15 years ago, there wasn't any way for vore artists to make money outside of commissions. But now it's common and feasible for vore artists to be paid for their work, and is actually a good thing, because it encourages those artists to continue making art, because praise and favorites and views don't pay the bills.

I create free content and I create paid content. I don't have to release free content, but I do. Regardless, artists who charge for their work shouldn't be shamed. It doesn't mean they are any less part of the community or any less interested in the fetish than the consumers.
nyte
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dekkard2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:18 pm

^ Yes. This. All of this.
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby jaggedjagd » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:39 am

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby nyte » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:28 am

jaggedjagd wrote:OP pretty much explained everything in the first post. Vore content has only gotten "worse" in the sense that is has gotten more popular. Whenever something gets popular the crappyness factor increases manifold. There used to be only a handful fo circle tool abusers, now you have loads of people making loads of circle tool art. The worthwhile stuff gets drowned out by all the crap and the few artists good enough to be able to make decent money with their art expect indeed to be paid for their work. And it IS work. Artistic know-how does not grow on trees. It takes time investment, creativity, skill and yes even financial expenses. Graphic Tablets don't grow on trees neither.

Yeah of course paywalls suck. But there are hardly any alternatives if you wanna make an actual living off your content. Be it vore or any other creative endeavor. If you're not willing to empty your own pockets then you'll have to be satisfied with only a trickle of content. You want more content? You want more quality? Pay your goddamn artists. Pay for it like you would for any other product or service.

And if you're miffed that vore has gotten all about them munnies and no longer about the art, man. That's like, capitalism dude. Go found a vore centric commune somewhere? Seize the means of smut production?

Appreciate this post a lot. And honestly, if I hadn’t decided to charge for my work, I would never have improved to the point that I am at now...because now instead of drawing when I can, I draw vore *literally every day.* Making money has made it even MORE about the art, because if I’m charging people, I want it to be the best they can get. I want it to feel worth it. It drives me to do better.

How people can be angry about that is beyond me.
nyte
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ayashe » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:22 pm

nyte wrote:How people can be angry about that is beyond me.

Some people simply don't have the money to pay for commissions. Also, maybe some people simply don't even know that some artists are making a living by drawing vore art.
Ayashe
Somewhat familiar

Postby nyte » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:42 pm

Ayashe wrote:
nyte wrote:How people can be angry about that is beyond me.

Some people simply don't have the money to pay for commissions. Also, maybe some people simply don't even know that some artists are making a living by drawing vore art.

That may very well be the case, but is that the artist's fault? Why should the artist be blamed for that person's inability to pay? If you don't have the money to go see a movie or buy a video game that you want to see/play, you don't get angry at the people who made it.

Whether they know it's the artist's way of making of living is irrelevant.
nyte
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ixtili » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:47 pm

All of the above. :lol:
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Raiza » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:39 am

Oh yeah, I made this topic... lol

I've pretty much come to the conclusion, in a nutshell, that it's as simple as the popularity increasing the volume for both good and bad. There really was always a lot of bad vore on Deviant Art. That being said, the standards may have been a bit lower too, back in the day. This was especially true for younger people discovering their attraction to the fetish, like myself back then.

There are many great artist now, and good ones back then. That being said, let's take a step back about the "Good Olde Days". To be frank, though many of these people are great now, and many still good back then overall, the quality of "good vore" was generally lesser than it is today. With a few exceptions; obviously. Such as Karbo always being pretty damn good quality.

I go back to look at older pics, and now notice the lower amount of detail, compared to my memory of it. Not bad by any means, just sorta a decent line sketch was about as good as it got, in most cases. Perhaps we are simply spoiled now?...

Another factor may be that Vore mixes with A LOT of other fetishes. So art work for things people may not be in to is a lot more common too. It doesn't mean its bad, but it's hard to count it as good art in your own mind, if it's not something you're looking at. Thus the bias may persist.

Some of these things, if not all, were likely said already. I know I did two years back to some extent. I still hope you find this little insight helpful.
Raiza
Somewhat familiar

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion