Vore in Fairy Tales

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Vore in Fairy Tales

Postby EatMeImIrish » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:06 am

I haven't seen a thread for this, so I figured I'd make one.

Basically, this is the place to talk about fairy tales that either include someone getting eaten, or have someone almost get eaten. (Heck, you can even mention any that don't actually have vore, but have great potential for a vore rewrite. :wink:)

We all know Little Red Riding Hood--the wolf eats the grandmother, and depending on the version, Little Red as well.

There's also Hamsel and Gretel, where the witch was planning to eat Hamsel (if I remember correctly).

And there's Goldilocks and the Three Bears--which doesn't actually contain vore, but has great potential for it. (I mean, I can't be the only one who's thought about one of the bears eating her once she's discovered.)

Another one I've always liked to imagine a vore version of is the Three Little Pigs--whenever the wolf blows one of their houses down, he gulps them down and then goes onto the next house. (I suppose the third pig could either be safe thanks to his sturdy house and his wits, or perhaps the wolf could trick him in some other way? Hmmm...)

So yeah, that's the kinda stuff I'm talking about here. What are some other fairytales that contain vorish situations, or have great potential for vore? I'd love to hear your answers!
"Joey, did you eat my sandwich?"
"I am your sandwich."
EatMeImIrish
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore in Fairy Tales

Postby Kitsouille » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:17 am

Puss in boots tricked a powerful shapeshifting ogre into turning in a mouse so it could eat it.
Kitsouille
???

Postby Rockyvorefan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:29 am

I know if this counts as fairy tale, but their folktale in Croatia about a jealous witch who if she founds a woman or girl that is prettier then her she will swallow her whole and take on her beauty
Rockyvorefan
Somewhat familiar

Postby Thagrahn » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:41 am

One of the older versions of Cinderella has birds plucking out the eyes of the step-sisters.

Sleeping Beauty has different versions with creatures that guard the room where she sleeps. Disney wasn't event the first to give Maleficent her dragon form.

Alice in Wonderland had many situations that could have be seen as vorish, and Through the Looking Glass had the Gaberwalky. (Can't remember if that's the spelling or just the way I learned to pronounce it.)

Peter Pan had a few vorish characters. The croc Being the most obvious.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Derpus » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:44 am

In some versions of Tom Thumb, Tom is eaten by several animals, including a fish, a bird, a wolf, and (in more than one version) a cow. One version even has a full tour trip through the cow, though it isn't to detailed.
spageddy
Derpus
Somewhat familiar

Postby BBthewolf » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:05 am

I'm working on a version of red riding hood of Red turning into a wolf after being in the wolf's stomach though it will have hard vore cause i try to make it more real so not sure how many would be interested in it
BBthewolf
Been posting for a bit

Postby Rendezvore » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:50 am

EatMeImIrish wrote:There's also Hamsel and Gretel, where the witch was planning to eat Hamsel (if I remember correctly).

Hansel and Gretel is one of my absolute favorites. (I only know of this spelling? Might be different elsewhere.)
Yes, the witch lured abandoned children to her cottage made of gingerbread and candy with the intent to cook and eat them. Disguised as a kindly old woman, she gave Hansel and Gretel warm food and soft beds, but they soon learned she was a witch. She put Hansel in a cage and forced Gretel to prepare meals to fatten her brother up. In the end, the witch was shoved into the oven and the children escaped.
(Heavily inspired my main dragon pred and her magic kitchen. :wink: )

Some others...

Jack and the Beanstalk. A giant threatens to crush Jack and grind his bones to make bonemeal for his bread. The giant chases Jack down the beanstalk and falls off and dies (accidentally slips or Jack chops the beanstalk down).

The (Twelve) Dancing Princesses. In some versions, the princes they go to dance with in the underworld are actually ghosts or demons planning to steal or eat the princesses' souls. A traveling mercenary saves them and marries the eldest princess.

The Wolf and the Seven Little Kids. A wolf swallows 6 goat kids whole and alive, the 7th escapes. Then they all escape with the help of mother goat who cuts the wolf open. They put stones inside his belly and stitch him back up. He falls into a well and drowns.

The Juniper Tree. An extremely gruesome hard vore tale... A step-mother beheads her step-son and turns him into a stew, tricking the father into eating it. His bones are buried under a juniper tree and his soul becomes a bird. The step-mother is crushed by a millstone.
Rendezvore
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aviannapper » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:37 pm

Aviannapper
Participator

Postby timdavis » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:08 pm

In my experience, something like 40% of the Brothers' Grimm fairy tales incorporate some kind of vore--especially with wolves. I remember one story about a wolf that swallows seven lambs, I think. Maybe they were kids (baby goats). Anyway, the wolf falls asleep, and the mother sheep comes home and finds him like this, so she cuts open his stomach to free her children. Then she puts rocks in his stomach and sews it shut.

That's almost a legitimate vore story that you'd find on a site like this. Vore is a very common theme in folk lore and fairy tales, maybe because it scares kids so much.
timdavis
New to the forum

Postby Rendezvore » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:52 pm

timdavis wrote:I remember one story about a wolf that swallows seven lambs, I think. Maybe they were kids (baby goats).

I just posted that one above. ^^;
Rendezvore
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dangerguy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:15 pm

I remember a book that told of an alternate take on the Three Little Pigs story ("The True Story of the Three Little Pigs") where the wolf actually ate the pigs (after he accidentally killed them after making their houses collapse on them) 'cause he thought ' why not?'. In that version, the wolf was considered "framed" because all he wanted was some sugar and he accidentally sneezed on the houses. What do you think? Bull or not?

Another thing, did you know that in the old versions of Goldilocks and the Three Bears that there was no little girl called Goldilocks. Instead there was an old lady that broke into the bears house while they were away. She ate their porridge, sat on their chairs, and slept in their beds. After making a mess, she then ran off before the bears got back, leaving them with a vandalized house.

Please tell me: what was the lesson or even the purpose of that story? :(
Dangerguy
Participator

Postby RuffledFerret » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:55 pm

Dangerguy wrote:...there was an old lady that broke into the bears house while they were away. She ate their porridge, sat on their chairs, and slept in their beds. After making a mess, she then ran off before the bears got back, leaving them with a vandalized house.

Please tell me: what was the lesson or even the purpose of that story? :(

Don't get caught, and you can do as many terrible things as you want without any sort of punishment.

The Beauty and the Beast definitely has some vore potential. Maybe the beast goes mad after the last rose petal falls, realizing he can never return to his human form. He devours the beauty, and soon becomes notorious for sneaking into nearby towns and devouring their inhabitants.

I've read a lot of Aesop's fables over the years, and one that I always enjoyed was The Wolf and the Crane:
"A feeding wolf got a small bone stuck in his throat and, in terrible pain, begged the other animals for help, promising a reward. At last the Crane agreed to try and, putting its long bill down the Wolf’s throat, loosened the bone and took it out. But when the Crane asked for his reward, the Wolf replied, 'You have put your head inside a wolf’s mouth and taken it out again in safety; that ought to be reward enough for you.'" ~ Wikipedia
Though this has probably been done before, exchanging the heron for a smaller creature - like a mouse (or a ferret[?!]) - would make the story quite a bit more interesting...
RuffledFerret
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DrakeX » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:12 pm

in the original version of little red riding hood the story ends with a dont trust strangers lesson after the wolf eats red, implying that nor she nor the grandmother escaped. the future versions added the extended ending with the hunter killing the wolf and releasing them to make it more child friendly
DrakeX
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Nobodyman » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:40 pm

There are even earlier versions of Little Red Riding Hood that extremely messed up. There are versions where the wolf tricks Red into cannibalizes her grandmother (after which, a nearby cat calls her a slut for doing so). After that, the wolf, posing as the grandmother, instructs Red to throw her clothes into the fire as "she will not need them anymore", and then she gets into bed with him. And in some versions, it's the same basic story, only it's an ogre instead of a wolf.
Nobodyman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby BBthewolf » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:44 pm

This is my favorite version originally from newgrounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snrjsSeDFIk
BBthewolf
Been posting for a bit

Postby Kitsouille » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:51 pm

DrakeX wrote:in the original version of little red riding hood the story ends with a dont trust strangers lesson after the wolf eats red, implying that nor she nor the grandmother escaped. the future versions added the extended ending with the hunter killing the wolf and releasing them to make it more child friendly

Which screwed the entire concept of the story. "Don't trust strangers because if you don't, someone will come out of nowhere and kill him".
Kitsouille
???

Postby Char89 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:17 am

Thagrahn wrote:Alice in Wonderland had many situations that could have be seen as vorish, and Through the Looking Glass had the Gaberwalky. (Can't remember if that's the spelling or just the way I learned to pronounce it.)

It's spelled Jabberwocky.
I'm a Charizard and I want all Pikachus in my tummy.^^
Char89
Participator

Postby GiantToby » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:05 am

In the story of Chicken-Little, Foxy-Loxy eats all the barnyard fowl. (Even in the Disney version!)

Br'er Bear and Br'er Fox both wish to eat Br'er Rabbit.

In Aesop's "The Frogs Who Wanted a King" Zeus sends them a stork that eats them.

Disney had Pinocchio swallowed by a whale, but in Collodi's original, it was a huge dogfish. While in the dogfish's belly, another fish swallowed at the same time tells Pinocchio there is nothing they can do but wait to be digested.
wotthehell wotthehell
GiantToby
Participator

Postby Aviannapper » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:24 am

GiantToby wrote:In the story of Chicken-Little, Foxy-Loxy eats all the barnyard fowl.

^^; ^^; ^^;
Yes, one of the best vore scenes in fairy tales! =)))
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/56 ... 22036b.jpg
Aviannapper
Participator

Postby gamdann » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:40 am

I've seen some good vore in fairytales myself, especially in the Farie-tale Theater version of Red Riding Hood, but it always disappointed me that the wolf was male, if anyone knows any version of the story where the wolf is female, or any other fairy tales that feature a female pred like Hansel and Gretal or Croatia do please let me know.
gamdann
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion