Herons/pelicans swallowing live prey

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Herons/pelicans swallowing live prey

Postby Fallenfox » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:02 am

Here's a new video from Australia, a white heron snags a fish @ 0:37 and quickly gulps it down alive. Lots of in-throat wriggling with some commentary.

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GBBG » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:51 am

Wow, he's fast. I wouldn't want to be speared by that beak...
Writing a vore novel. Check out an excerpt over in work to be shared!
GBBG
Participator

Postby Fallenfox » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:41 pm

A sneaky black heron quietly approaches a bird from behind as it is drinking from a river and snags it, then makes quick work of it. I would have liked to see a longer video showing his throat afterwards because this bird was certainly alive when he swallowed it.

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Fallenfox » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Do you like watching struggling, squealing voles frantically wriggling their way down the throats of hungry herons? Of course you do! :gulp:

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GBBG » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:37 pm

Fallenfox wrote:A sneaky black heron quietly approaches a bird from behind as it is drinking from a river and snags it, then makes quick work of it. I would have liked to see a longer video showing his throat afterwards because this bird was certainly alive when he swallowed it.

Wow, this one was a neat find, I haven't seen a heron gulp a bird like that before :gulp: :)
GBBG
Participator

Postby Fallenfox » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:47 am

More amazing vids of herons feeding on very much alive rodents.

Herons are so good at momentarily opening their beaks just enough to let struggling prey slide into their gullets... this one did it so fast the cameraman had a hard time following it!

The next one is awesome - the bird actually keeps his beak OPEN for a while after he gets his struggling meal where he wants it. It's almost as if he's letting the prey do all the work in this feeding. And wtf... someone is even playing dubstep behind the cameraman? :P

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GBBG » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:52 pm

I'm going to bump this thread with another video. Here you can see a hawk eat a mouse. If you look closely at his neck feathers you can see them bulge out slightly as the lump slides down :gulp: :)

GBBG
Participator

Postby Fallenfox » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:07 am

Another excellent video of a heron eating a vole - this one makes it look easy, seizing the prey by the head and quickly transferring it to his gullet to thrash and wriggle its way down. :gulp:

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GBBG » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:00 pm

Nice video. I like the way they snap up the prey with those nice long beaks. I'm thinking of maybe making some art with a heron soon.

Here's another video I thought was interesting. Skip to about halfway through, and you can see a big gullet lump as the gull swallows a big starfish.

GBBG
Participator

Postby Fallenfox » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:35 am

A blue heron has a quick snack of a small vole, shaking his neck vigorously to ensure the live prey finds its way down quickly.

And one more of a GBH swallowing a fat field mouse - such a beautiful lunge @ 0:22 - making that mouse disappear! :gulp:

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Fallenfox » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:10 am

Let's get back to the roots of this thread - vids of Herons doing what they do best, eating large fish.

The swallow starts @0:27 - with a fish this size, the bird needs to gain good purchase on it before he lifts it up for swallowing. Once it's in the gullet, gravity does the work for him - helped along by a wriggle or two.

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GBBG » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:30 pm

Fallenfox wrote:A blue heron has a quick snack of a small vole, shaking his neck vigorously to ensure the live prey finds its way down quickly.

And one more of a GBH swallowing a fat field mouse - such a beautiful lunge @ 0:22 - making that mouse disappear! :gulp:

I really like these two, especially the quick lunge as the bird gulps the mouse :gulp: :)
GBBG
Participator

Postby Fallenfox » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:21 pm

A short compilation video, featuring herons and various prey. The first one shows a large, kicking duckling swallowed alive.

Merry Christmas Eka's! :D

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Fallenfox » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:11 am

A cormorant swallows a nice sized fish. They always seem so pleased with themselves after they manage a large meal. :-D

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GBBG » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:37 pm

I discovered a new candidate for this thread, roadrunners. I didn't know these guys were predatory, but they seem quite good at hunting and are fond of mice.

Eating a bird:

Eating a mouse, this one is awesome, and you can hear some eating sounds if you turn the sound up.

This one has a nice, up close view, again a mouse.

GBBG
Participator

Postby Fallenfox » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:15 am

Here's a cormorant trying to work a feisty venomous snake down its throat - the wiggly snake puts up quite a fight!

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Theguythatdoes » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:43 pm

all of these are very nice.
Theguythatdoes
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Fallenfox » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:09 am

Let's appreciate FYV now, who has sacrificed pretty much ALL of the koi/goldfish in his front yard pond to a now extremely satisfied GBH! VERY high quality video AND audio from multiple angles as this beautiful bird takes his time feeding, and gently and skillfully swallows each fish alive one by one. :gulp:

Highlights: @ 2:13 WOW, you can HEAR the fish wriggle and slap its way down his throat 8O
@ 2:53 Beautiful, gentle swallow, I love the way his neck changes shape
@ 3:30 that's right, swim right down my throat... YUM! Another great audible feeding! :D

I can't really ask for more from this - the only thing would be to show HD closeups of his throat during the swallow, and of his belly with live fish in it.
Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GBBG » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:56 pm

Wow, that is some pretty awesome footage, this is one of the best heron videos I've seen :)
GBBG
Participator

Postby Fallenfox » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:44 pm

GBBG wrote:Wow, that is some pretty awesome footage, this is one of the best heron videos I've seen :)

It really is... at 3:49, just after the bird hunches down and curls his neck a bit, for a moment you can see an unmistakeable internal thrash of a fish alive wriggling inside him - he responds with a little knee bend. :P
Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion