Have you ever felt unwelcome in the community?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Have you ever felt unwelcome in the community?

Postby Merodi » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:33 pm

Hey there!

A while back, I was called a "gross bitch" by someone on omegle, because I told them I wouldn't RP a female pred and only like male ones, and they disconnected immediately after. That got me thinking. I've been insulted for my preferences a few times on deviantart, and I've often seen inter-community insults and fights being thrown around in comment sections etc.
Be it because person A likes/drew male preds/female preds (I've seen both), likes hard vore/soft vore, likes digestion or not. I know that not everyone's the same, but it's still weird to me too see people with an interest that's commonly seen as "weird"/"gross" fighting inside of the community so much.

What's your experiences with being insulted, made fun off, etc. for your specific preferences inside of the community, and/or have you ever felt like people attacked you for what you liked? Did people ever try to force you into liking their preferences for RP/art/etc. because they didn't accept yours?

I'm really curious if it's something that happens a lot, because I've seen it around quite a bit on deviantArt, and also tumblr.

EDIT: Ah, I've gotta add that I don't mind Eka's community with... well, community. I mean the vore-community as a whole. As in, people who like vore-fans overall!
Last edited by Merodi on Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merodi
Participator

Re: Have you ever felt unwelcome in the community?

Postby paperairplaneclip » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:52 pm

It really depends on how you see things,

For example, this person who just straight up called you a gross bitch because of their own preferences, that person is definitely the problem. You shouldn't feel unwelcome because of such people.

As for other cases, in which other people will try to "force" you into liking what they like, without directly insulting/attacking you, well, it's up to you to take it as "not welcome" or not, keeping in mind that you can't really change what you're naturally attracted to.

My advice? People all have different interests/likes, and it's normal that some will try to get you to think like them, and some will be rather harsh about it. But don't take it personally, and while a fraction of the community might make you feel that way, the rest will welcome you with open arms.

Cheers!
paperairplaneclip
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby jaykayeight » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:54 pm

Actually not so much... and its strange and sad that some people try to pose their opinion of type of vore inside the vore fetish itself... *headscratch*
What i want to say is that at the beginning i had a relative clear picture of my fetish, never would have thought about other different types presented here. most of the time i would imagine female preds and non-specified predator creatures like dragons etc.

but now i have to admit i dont really care anymore. actually there was one genuine tingle i got from a male pred, i thought after a while: yes, this guy is the real deal (classic coke) and we played some rounds that really left an impression. so i am now very carefull in judging others preferences as i cant even describe my own to the fullest.
jaykayeight
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby VelveteenDreams » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:56 pm

I've constantly felt unwelcome in this community :( People have insulted me for liking a few things, and insulted more for not liking what they like, so I feel where you're coming from. You're not alone.
~Respect Everybody~
VelveteenDreams
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Crash » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:57 pm

I've gotten a lot of fairly being pushed out of the group feelings in a lot of communities.

I'm a huge Sonic fanatic, but unfortunately a lot of the people in the group I either don't get along with or the few that I do get along with, I feel only talk to me because there's something I offer to them, ie commissions, or the where about of sound files etc.

And sadly I've felt it a lot in the past year in the vore community. There was one picture that I commissioned with someone and most people jumped on the bandwagon. And it felt like my character was being shunned. It has actually made me think about leaving the community a lot. When it comes to RP, I say my preference is prey, and I would expect the same amount of detail when I'm giving it as pred that I want to receive when I'm prey. But sadly, I mainly get ask to be pred from people and then those partners disappear. And then when I find someone who preds more and enjoys it, we can never seem to RP.

But as far now I'm still here...
Crash
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby jaykayeight » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:58 pm

You cant choose your brothers and sisters :)
jaykayeight
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Humbug » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:16 pm

I've taken a lot of shit from the non-fatal/willing contingent of the community, and there's a large portion of people on here who can't stand furries, but I've never felt unwelcome.
The reasons for this are numerous, the first being that I've always been on the fringe in my life outside the Internet, so even though there are portions of the community who have a problem with what I do, there's a decent portion who do enjoy what I post, and that's enough for me. The second reason I don't feel unwelcome is because I know that no matter how many people actively dislike what I do (in any part of the community, non-fatal/willing included), the vast majority don't give a shit and support my right to do it. That's something you always have to keep in mind: The ones trying to make you feel uncomfortable are the outliers, and if you do feel uncomfortable, you're just letting the assholes win.

There are portions of the community I know I just don't belong, and that's okay. What I do isn't particularly appreciated in the My Little Pony section, for instance, but I still do MLP stuff now and then anyway because there are a few people there who do like it. But the community as a whole? It's fine. Most of us recognize that we're all weird and have no right to judge. It's just that most of us aren't vocal about it, so the vocal ones are the ones who get heard.
Humbug
---

Postby JingleJangles » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:18 pm

Tbh I've never been insulted on preferences from what I can remember. I'm quite flexible when it comes to doing things I don't like in rp. For example I'm absolutely prey trash, I don't like being pred 99% of the time. But if I'm in the mood I'll do it. Same goes for male preds. Not usually a big fan of them, but sometimes I do like them. Idk, it's hard to explain that one. Actually, I was attacked once by someone for the fact that I love messy bellies. Idk, it's just something about food being with the prey in the stomach just makes it x100 better. I've never really felt unwelcome because that person was a dick. If the person is actually the problem then you're fine yourself. Besides, everyone likes different things.
JingleJangles
Been posting for a bit

Postby Gelus » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:43 pm

It used to happen all the time, because I'd get comments on things about how they'd be 'better' with things that suited whoever's preferences, or people would tell me to change my characters to meet their preferences, or the like. But... y'know after a while I just decided I didn't care. I've never felt unwelcome since because I consider the space I'm in to be -my- space, others can visit but it belongs to me. And if they don't like it they can GTFO back to their own space. If they do, cool, the more the merrier, but it's still mine.

Also, it's unfair to an extent to compare this place to DA, the "female-dominance-only" aspect is much, much more exaggerated there than it is here.
Gelus
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby kongpow » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:51 pm

Mankind is typically intolerant of another's opinion and beliefs even if they don't realize it. Does not happen as much on this site as deviant art I think, but this kind of stuff does happen here too on occasion. That big fuss over Devourment male pred restriction is a good example of this kind of stuff getting out of hand...

The Fallout 4 vore mod will never restrict gender like Devourment did. ^^;

Cheers!
Devourment v.65d Legacy Pack

http://tinyurl.com/z3faw96

^^^LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD/GUIDE^^^

Cheers!
kongpow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Krowley » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:30 pm

It's easy to be solipsistic about your fetish; to say "this is what I like, anything else is gross and I don't get why people like that." The division made between turn-ons and turn-offs is pretty sharp because of the feelings and urges at play, so I think it's fairly normal to think that kind of thing but it shows a real lack of self-awareness to say that as if it's a valid opinion anywhere outside your own head. And this is the internet, where self-awareness is in short supply.

To properly answer the question, no, but I've skirted the edges through different mediums for a while and I barely post on here so maybe I'm not the best example. Plus, all the writing I've put on here to date is F/F which doesn't seem to have many major detractors. On the whole, I've met a lot of really cool people into the same weird shit I am and it's been very affirming.
Krowley
Been posting for a bit

Postby RuffledFerret » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:34 pm

Sad seeing this has happened to quite a few people, but there's bound to be clods out there with too big of opinions.
The closest to this that's happened to me was on Omegle. It was apparently only me and one other guy that night looking for roleplaying, and he would instantly disconnect as soon as I told him I was male. About the fourth time we ran into each other, he just asked me to pretend to be a girl. I said I could try (I guess we were both desperate) and he just left again, then I called it a night.
Some people just want what they want, no substitutes, no exceptions, and by goodness they want it right now. If someone isn't willing to compromise or at least acknowledge that you may have differing preferences than them, feel free to leave. You're all beautiful and don't need that sort of negativity in your life.
RuffledFerret
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darthkomar » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:51 pm

I've never been made to feel unwelcome here on Eka's. I've been in a few kik groups where I said I would only vore female prey and some teens were like "omg just eat a dude" and getting pissed.
darthkomar
Participator

Postby HeroSoulSword » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:02 pm

No, not really. In fact the vore community has been one of the few places where I feel completely accepted and welcomed. I've always been bit of an oddball and somewhat of an outsider, and when I started getting bullied because of various reasons, including said oddities, I felt shut out and abandoned by the rest of the world. Places like Eka's allowed me to find bit of a sanctuary, welcoming me and my oddities, which has helped me quite a bit. While I'm still learning to reacquire certain social skills, the vore community has helped me open up again. I may run into a problem or thug here and there in this realm, but they are far and few between compared to earlier parts of my life, where such things were on a daily basis. So, no, I don't feel unwelcome here. I actually feel very comfortable in this community, as I can relate to others more easily and find common ground quicker.
I apply Felix's law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."
HeroSoulSword
I can think of something else

Location: Doing something heroic... if I can find anything needing it

Postby LadyDrasami » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:14 pm

Actually I have kinda felt that I'm unwelcomed here =/

Sometimes I even think to just shutdown everything and leave the page behind.
LadyDrasami
New to the forum

Postby incubite » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:21 pm

I've gotten a decent amount of flak for things that I've liked, but then again I tend to be unlucky when it comes to interactions with other people. I won't get into too many details but I've been told that a profile image of mine was "stomach-turning" because it included a male predator. I've had people come up to me with the desire to roleplay, only to be like "I don't like male preds though... hmm..." and then tack on that I should message them "when my character turns female". I've had random people PM me asking why I like X. And then I've had dozens of people who I never even knew act completely rude to me, consistently, to the point where I've had to message them privately and ask them if I ever did anything. These same people who I still never knew turned around and acted like complete angels to me when I was on a female character.

In my experience this happens way more on the chat, sometimes not even on this chat, but I know that it's not specific to male predators and that people who like just about anything will get shit on by someone who doesn't like that thing. The male predator issue is just what I know about since that's what my interests are so that's what I'm exposed to.

I've also sensed a little hostility between furries/nonfurries as well as people who like digestion/people who like endo. In some ways I feel like this friction can be fostered by the sites that people use--For example, this site before it had an endo slider. It was probably an innocent thing since a digestion slider at -100 was meant to imply endo, I think? But there were a few people who I spoke with that liked Endo that felt like the lack of an endo slider was unwelcoming. If I recall correctly, not even F-list has endo listed as a kink or, if it does, it's not labeled as such. That's a little off-topic though. :I
incubite
Somewhat familiar

Postby Hagen » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:27 pm

If I may,
1 Don't take it personal that behavior is in every fandumb, be it star treck, star wars, wow, bronies, steven U, Etc, etc.
2 Its a role play community, even nice people are gonna have short tempers on a bad day. Its nice to say "check your baggage" it will eventually happen.
Someone acted like a dick, welcome to the web.
I promise you, it doesn't mean your a bad person,
your friends and family still love you,
all your accomplishments are still in tact in life, and it totally didn't matter.
If that doesn't help I think your A O K.
Hagen
Participator

Postby Hagen » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:33 pm

Eurykins wrote:I've gotten a decent amount of flak for things that I've liked,

If everyone liked the same things life would be boring. Remember the first time you saw vore? (or liked it).
It was bold, exciting, something you had to know everyone wouldn't be into, and that's kind of part of its charm.

This is a fringie interest. Yes you can find examples of it in pop culture, but your average tom, dick, and larry, generally don't even know what it is.

It's nice to find people with similar interests,
I'm fine with having people who hate what I like. Maybe even hate me for it.

People will hate you for the shoes you wear, how you wear your hair, or wether or not you drink bottled water.
Its a silly thing to worry about.
Hagen
Participator

Postby Artemis » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:39 pm

Sure, I guess. This is the internet, home base of neoreactionaries and that one dude probably typing with his shotgun from his porch. By virtue of this being a website on the internet, you can pretty much guarantee that there are unpleasant individuals lurking about.

I feel like it's pretty normal to feel unwelcome at some point or another.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby StormSlinger » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:43 pm

This... honestly comes as a bit of a shock to me. Truth be told, I've never had a bad experience in this community. It actually confuses me to no end... from what I've seen, fetish communities of all things seem to be some of the nicest. I mean, just compare some of the threads on here to a Youtube comment section. Those things are SO TOXIC! Maybe it's just because I'm open to almost anything, but no one has ever been rude to me because of one of my fetishes or lack of one. Bullying has always disgusted me to no end, which is why I find myself enjoying this site so much.
StormSlinger
New to the forum

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion