What we have in common

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

What we have in common

Postby jaykayeight » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:27 am

Hi!
Ive recently stumbled over the fact, that it seems that people into vore would share a lot of personality traits. Given also the interest between male and females into vore, i found that there is no real big difference.

I found most of the guys and girls i talked to, very approachable, very uncomplicated. Sometimes, the mindset is so similar to mine, sometimes its hard to tell who came up with ideas.

I guess a big part of the vore-mindset is also looking for peace, to feel cozy and to relax and that is also quite appealing. I guess the spirit amongst people into vore seeks and creates or contribues much to that feel of a big comfy zone.

The other thing ive noticed that the folks here are quite creative, either in imagining stuff or trying out to express things via writing drawing or other means.

Have you noticed something similar? Just being curious.
jaykayeight
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: What we have in common

Postby ShadesofBlack » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:54 am

Eh, honestly, I've noticed that there's a lot of creativity here, yes. But this is an art and writing forum, so... yeah. As for any generalization of people who are into vore "being like x," I'm not really sure you can make such observations without ignoring a significant number of people.

If there's anything my time here has taught me, it's that all kinds of people are into this fetish, for all kinds of different reasons. A lot of folks might be very approachable, but I can tell you, I sure didn't used to be.

A lot of folks might be looking for peaceful comfy zones, but I've met several who actually prefer more violent expression of vore, cruel, domineering, and totally painful and destructive.

I think it takes all kinds, and whenever I see someone trying to generalize and say just one type of person that "vore people tend to be like" I find it to be an oversimplification. That's my opinion.
-Shades
ShadesofBlack
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Mad51 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:27 am

ShadesofBlack wrote:Eh, honestly, I've noticed that there's a lot of creativity here, yes. But this is an art and writing forum, so... yeah. As for any generalization of people who are into vore "being like x," I'm not really sure you can make such observations without ignoring a significant number of people.

If there's anything my time here has taught me, it's that all kinds of people are into this fetish, for all kinds of different reasons. A lot of folks might be very approachable, but I can tell you, I sure didn't used to be.

A lot of folks might be looking for peaceful comfy zones, but I've met several who actually prefer more violent expression of vore, cruel, domineering, and totally painful and destructive.

I think it takes all kinds, and whenever I see someone trying to generalize and say just one type of person that "vore people tend to be like" I find it to be an oversimplification. That's my opinion.

I have to agree - i once thought vore people would see things in a similar manner but I was very very wrong. Sadly vore, if anything, actually has an even broader audience than you might think since many people in the community are also in other communities. Furry for example or Blueberry. Thus the psychology changes with what they are looking for, like or enjoy.
Mad51
Participator

Postby Wolfsage » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:00 am

I would have to agree, while we each have different preferences in our Vore-fetishes, we still seem to share alot in terms of personality and creativity.
The Sage Wolf of the forest.
Wolfsage
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:13 am

While there might be noticeable trends, not all voraphiles are down to earth. I think the rules of this site kind of skew things too. You can't really be an arrogant prick without breaking them. Ranting and stuff is more prevalent on other sites like DA and FA, even if you don't include non-voraphile comments.
Jayezox
---

Postby jaykayeight » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:52 pm

hmmkey.....
jaykayeight
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Kitsouille » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:23 pm

Even if it does not apply to every vorarephiles, I find it sorta interesting that a significant amount of us could share those traits, whether it's a cause or a secondary effect.

Cause: people like comfy and safe places, being very close to someone, vore could appeal to them
Secondary effect: people like vore, they can also enjoy deconstructed parts of it like being close to someone else, comfy places, etc.

Or maybe I got them mixed up. Or maybe it only make (so little) sense in my head. I hope it makes sense outside it ^^;
Kitsouille
???

Postby Jayezox » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 am

I definitely agree that vore is probably an effect more often than a cause. We probably share a lot of the same traits because they are the same conditions to be a voraphile in the first place. After doing whatever research I can, I believe it is both genetic and environmental. Basically, you have to have the genetic trait of thinking differently than most people and be exposed to it right.
Jayezox
---

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:18 pm

In all honesty, this sounds very logical to me. Some of the obvious connections that popped to my mind before:

Vore fans who see themselves as prey are obviously submissive... which might mean a tendency to be more shy and settled, and perhaps to think lower of themselves too. It might also mean reliance on others, as they find the idea of being someone else's more pleasant than being on their own! It would also make sense if many are depressive, and even have suicidal thoughts... this like is strongly related to willingly dying after all?

Vore fans who see themselves as preds are potentially the other way around: Individuals who are more sure of themselves, and at the same time might care less about the fate of others. It could also include individuals with grunges on other people, who enjoy the thought of being powerful, and in some cases even have traits associated to sadism.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Spunkomatic66 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:24 am

We're all a bunch of cucks, the whole lot of us.
Spunkomatic66
Participator

Postby Thatonepred » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:28 am

We're all people who like to see things eating other things.
Everyone dies. Few live forever. Neither apply to Me.

Consumam ergo sum
Thatonepred
Somewhat familiar

Postby jaykayeight » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:09 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:In all honesty, this sounds very logical to me. Some of the obvious connections that popped to my mind before:

Vore fans who see themselves as prey are obviously submissive... which might mean a tendency to be more shy and settled, and perhaps to think lower of themselves too. It might also mean reliance on others, as they find the idea of being someone else's more pleasant than being on their own! It would also make sense if many are depressive, and even have suicidal thoughts... this like is strongly related to willingly dying after all?

Vore fans who see themselves as preds are potentially the other way around: Individuals who are more sure of themselves, and at the same time might care less about the fate of others. It could also include individuals with grunges on other people, who enjoy the thought of being powerful, and in some cases even have traits associated to sadism.

Hey Mircea!
Yes, I see the difference there too. But on the other hand, I see oftentimes pred and prey seek the same thing. I have a lovely pred that seeks peace while eating me, and I in the role as prey do actually the same thing. its a little something between us, a bit odd but somehow, but really nice, after a stressfull day come to peace in some way. onlookers might wonder and find it really bizarre but for me it perfectly makes sense.
jaykayeight
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Fantasia » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:21 pm

ShadesofBlack wrote:A lot of folks might be looking for peaceful comfy zones, but I've met several who actually prefer more violent expression of vore, cruel, domineering, and totally painful and destructive.

Yes, I agree. I was a bit confused by the notion that ore was all about comfort and closeness, when for so many, it's brutal, controlling, and violent. I enjoy both types depending on my mood, but they appeal for very different reasons, and I know a lot of people only like it one way.
Fantasia
Been posting for a bit

Postby jaykayeight » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:33 pm

One thing Ive noticed, and please dont hit me for that :) Oftentimes, I recognize people would just write certain words in the way they sound like. Its so peculiar and somehow cute. I have troubles with this myself (in germany its called legasthenie) and find it pretty common amongst fellows here in various languages. Dont get me wrong. Its such tiny things that make me feel more at ease or at home. And I wonder what else might there be?
jaykayeight
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Kitsouille » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:51 pm

jaykayeight wrote:I recognize people would just write certain words in the way they sound like

You mean like phonetic? Or more like when people write "I dunno" instead of "I don't know" ?
Kitsouille
???

Postby Cowrie » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:23 am

jaykayeight wrote:I guess a big part of the vore-mindset is also looking for peace, to feel cozy and to relax and that is also quite appealing. I guess the spirit amongst people into vore seeks and creates or contribues much to that feel of a big comfy zone.

Uh, no. For me, vore is much more primal, a blend of raw sexuality and nature, red in tooth and claw. The later bit doesn't necessarily mean hard vore, it's just an evocative way of conveying the predatory mindset I associate with vore.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby Jayezox » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:34 am

jaykayeight wrote:One thing Ive noticed, and please dont hit me for that :) Oftentimes, I recognize people would just write certain words in the way they sound like. Its so peculiar and somehow cute. I have troubles with this myself (in germany its called legasthenie) and find it pretty common amongst fellows here in various languages. Dont get me wrong. Its such tiny things that make me feel more at ease or at home. And I wonder what else might there be?

I definitely agree that anyone who does this humanizes themselves which would make them more approachable and invite more tact.

Cowrie wrote:
jaykayeight wrote:I guess a big part of the vore-mindset is also looking for peace, to feel cozy and to relax and that is also quite appealing. I guess the spirit amongst people into vore seeks and creates or contribues much to that feel of a big comfy zone.

Uh, no. For me, vore is much more primal, a blend of raw sexuality and nature, red in tooth and claw. The later bit doesn't necessarily mean hard vore, it's just an evocative way of conveying the predatory mindset I associate with vore.

Even the violent vore has some form of stress relief. It could be a form of venting which still has a calming effect.
Jayezox
---

Postby Kitsouille » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:46 am

Jayezox wrote:Even the violent vore has some form of stress relief. It could be a form of venting which still has a calming effect.

True, and there may also be no reason behind violent vore at all for some people. Lots of people are pretty nice and kind and non-violent and then they kill hundred of people in a video games for fun. Perhaps for stress relief but sometime it's really because it's fun. Maybe the same is possible for sex and fetishes. I wouldn't be surprised.
Kitsouille
???

Postby Cowrie » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:11 pm

Jayezox wrote:
Cowrie wrote:Uh, no. For me, vore is much more primal, a blend of raw sexuality and nature, red in tooth and claw. The later bit doesn't necessarily mean hard vore, it's just an evocative way of conveying the predatory mindset I associate with vore.

Even the violent vore has some form of stress relief. It could be a form of venting which still has a calming effect.

Fair enough. A big part of what I enjoy about my Dívčí Národ-verse is the catharsis it provides from the daily stresses of misogyny.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby minakotomoka14 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:38 pm

I think we`re all a bunch of sadists and masochists in our inner fantasy worlds, but in our day to day lives, we`re just good old-fashioned nice people. Or at least that`s the image we portray to the general public to hide our inner desires...heheh. Just joking, lol.
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion