Swallowed Whole Wiki

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Swallowed Whole Wiki

Postby delet609hw6bn3296 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:35 am

Nobodyman wrote:
MikeKitty wrote:Most wikia wikis are designed to match the theme of whatever the work is describing.

I looked through the sample themes, but nothing really stood out to me that much. And I'm still pretty unfamiliar with wikia and website-editing in general, so I don't feel totally confident about making a custom theme.

Look for something with pinks and reds.

What thumbnail are you referring to? Do you mean the image on the front page? Again, not very well-versed in wikia.

You know, the image that shows up in the browser tab next to the title?

Wikia has a lot of editing help pages. I'm also relatively fluent in markup languages if you need my help. Maybe make me an admin of the wiki?
delet609hw6bn3296
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Bowyer2 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:10 am

Nobodyman wrote:
Bowyer2 wrote:if I may ask a rhetorical question, will there be a category on female pred?

Are you...actually asking? Because, if so, that's not a rhetorical question.

In any case, categories can be found at the bottom of each page and, yes, there is a category called "Female Predator"

Also, thank you for the contribution MikeKitty

I apologise, english isn't my forte.
Last edited by Bowyer2 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bowyer2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Boundy22 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:19 am

Thats great Nobodyman , I will sure contribute to the wiki with female prey scenes xD

So I have a suggestion , at the top of the wiki at the "popular pages" tab there is a sub-tab for the male prey but there isn't one for female prey so I hope that you add it in order to be highlighted better

Another suggestion is to make a "tags" page so that it will be easier to browse your favorite types of scenes based on tags

And I am glad that for the "live-action" cases you didn't use the prey's real names and that will makes you avoid some trouble so thats a good move to use only the "role" name

Thanks xD
Boundy22
Participator

Postby Nobodyman » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:57 pm

MikeKitty wrote:You know, the image that shows up in the browser tab next to the title?

Wikia has a lot of editing help pages. I'm also relatively fluent in markup languages if you need my help. Maybe make me an admin of the wiki?

I'm looking into it and I'd be happy to make you an admin, but what I'm seeing in the tutorial and help guidelines aren't matching what I'm seeing in the wiki. Supposedly, I am a bureaucrat and all I should have to do is click on your name and go to your user page, but it doesn't show me anything that allows me to grant you admin status. Do you know how bureaucrats can grant admin status?

Boundy22 wrote:So I have a suggestion , at the top of the wiki at the "popular pages" tab there is a sub-tab for the male prey but there isn't one for female prey so I hope that you add it in order to be highlighted better

I'm looking at the wiki and I don't see what tab you're referring to. That may have appeared in the old format, but I recently changed it to Monobook. If it's still there, however, maybe you could show me a link and/or image so I can see what you're referring to?

Another suggestion is to make a "tags" page so that it will be easier to browse your favorite types of scenes based on tags

I'll see what I can do.
Nobodyman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Boundy22 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:16 pm

Nobodyman wrote: I'm looking at the wiki and I don't see what tab you're referring to. That may have appeared in the old format, but I recently changed it to Monobook. If it's still there, however, maybe you could show me a link and/or image so I can see what you're referring to?

Here is the main page that appears to me and the tab I am refering to

http://i.imgur.com/GlL0kKF.jpg
Boundy22
Participator

Postby delet609hw6bn3296 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:05 pm

Nobodyman wrote:I'm looking into it and I'd be happy to make you an admin, but what I'm seeing in the tutorial and help guidelines aren't matching what I'm seeing in the wiki. Supposedly, I am a bureaucrat and all I should have to do is click on your name and go to your user page, but it doesn't show me anything that allows me to grant you admin status. Do you know how bureaucrats can grant admin status?

Try going to google and type in whatever it is you are trying to do, along with the keyword "wikia".
delet609hw6bn3296
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nobodyman » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:00 pm

MikeKitty wrote:Try going to google and type in whatever it is you are trying to do, along with the keyword "wikia".

I did that. I've followed the guidance from several wikia articles, but what I'm seeing in the actual wikia doesn't match the guidance. I'll keep looking though.
Nobodyman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby delet609hw6bn3296 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:18 pm

Nobodyman wrote:
MikeKitty wrote:Try going to google and type in whatever it is you are trying to do, along with the keyword "wikia".

I did that. I've followed the guidance from several wikia articles, but what I'm seeing in the actual wikia doesn't match the guidance. I'll keep looking though.

Also look for the help forums and ask questions there.

Maybe ask admins of other wikis how they changed their theme, thumbnails, images, cursors, etc.
delet609hw6bn3296
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nobodyman » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:55 pm

Okay, a few updates.

First off, congratulations Mike. I've made you an admin!

Second, you all may have noticed that I've changed the color scheme of the site. Personally, I'm not a 100% happy with it, but I guess it's a start. Also, I added an icon for the browser tab (which was a bit more trouble than you may think).

With all that said, with Mike as an admin now, I'm kinda gonna leave it up to him if he wants to change the colors or designs or layouts or whatever else. Really, I just wanted to get this thing rolling and, well...scratch an itch that I was having. I'll still drop in and contribute when I feel like it. And, of course, as founder, I will step in if any changes particularly irk me.

All I'll ask is, please, remember that, even though most of us are doing this to cater to our vore fetish, I'd still like to keep something of an air of professionalism about the site. All we're doing is accumulating and categorizing scenes in which characters are swallowed whole and the characters that take part in it.

Boundy22 wrote:Here is the main page that appears to me and the tab I am refering to

http://i.imgur.com/GlL0kKF.jpg

I've changed the tabs in the wiki navigation, but I reworked them to make them more general. Right now there are tabs for most visited pages, media, and characters. It doesn't get quite as specific as male/female prey or male/female predators, but I thought it was better to not be too specific. If you want to browse by those specific categories, you can find the categories at the bottom of the wiki pages.
Nobodyman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby delet609hw6bn3296 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:20 pm

Nobodyman wrote:Okay, a few updates.

First off, congratulations Mike. I've made you an admin!

Second, you all may have noticed that I've changed the color scheme of the site. Personally, I'm not a 100% happy with it, but I guess it's a start. Also, I added an icon for the browser tab (which was a bit more trouble than you may think).

With all that said, with Mike as an admin now, I'm kinda gonna leave it up to him if he wants to change the colors or designs or layouts or whatever else. Really, I just wanted to get this thing rolling and, well...scratch an itch that I was having. I'll still drop in and contribute when I feel like it. And, of course, as founder, I will step in if any changes particularly irk me.

Alright, thanks. By the way, I still like the theme, I won't change it too much. Maybe add some background images, etc.

I've also been bugging people on FA and deviantART to go and contribute, so let's see how many people start contributing. I've also added a link to the wikia on the "swallowed whole" tvtropes article.
delet609hw6bn3296
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Assimilation » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:53 am

Nobodyman wrote:
Assimilation wrote:Nobodyman, can you force the Monobook skin, or at least set it for default, for all visitors? The default Wikia skin is so painfully constrained to anyone with a modern desktop resolution. And this way, we can design templates visually and be confident everyone will be seeing (close to) the same thing.

Okay. I've changed it to Monobook.

When I visit without logging in, it is still Wikia-skinned, not Monobook.

MikeKitty wrote:Alright, thanks. By the way, I still like the theme, I won't change it too much. Maybe add some background images, etc.

You lied, but it's okay—I really like the purples you use. Note that the front page *doesn't* look like the rest of the pages. It's still a red background and the logo in the top left is a bland sans-serif. Never mind. Either you changed it during this time or I had to reset the cache like 10 times.

Nobodyman wrote:First off, congratulations Mike. I've made you an admin!

Can you pass me some adminship too? (My account for this is MurderFirst.) I am most interested in being able to install extensions as I find out I need them, in order to experiment with things like images in hoverbox-tooltips or use variables in order to have pages with detailed metrics and stats. I have about two years of experience as a moderator on one of the largest video game wikis, and my general body of work consisted of these sorts of things for layouts and visuals.
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Nobodyman » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:12 pm

Assimilation wrote:When I visit without logging in, it is still Wikia-skinned, not Monobook.

Yeah, it turns out I only changed my personal preferences for the monobook. I've since done some browsing since and I haven't found anything that shows how to change the default skin for all viewers to monobook (only personal preference). In any case, I actually prefer the traditional wikia style and I'd like to keep it that way.

Can you pass me some adminship too? (My account for this is MurderFirst.) I am most interested in being able to install extensions as I find out I need them, in order to experiment with things like images in hoverbox-tooltips or use variables in order to have pages with detailed metrics and stats. I have about two years of experience as a moderator on one of the largest video game wikis, and my general body of work consisted of these sorts of things for layouts and visuals.

I'd be happy to. However, I found your userpage, but I'm not seeing the "user rights management" link. I believe this is your userpage, correct?

http://swallowed-whole.wikia.com/wiki/S ... urderfirst

You may need to contribute to the wiki first.
Nobodyman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby delet609hw6bn3296 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:03 pm

Assimilation wrote:You lied, but it's okay—I really like the purples you use. Note that the front page *doesn't* look like the rest of the pages. It's still a red background and the logo in the top left is a bland sans-serif. Never mind. Either you changed it during this time or I had to reset the cache like 10 times.

Yeah, I was playing with the theme. Personally, I really wanted to make it look like a major wiki, even though it doesn't have even 50 pages yet.

Also, if you want to be an admin, the absolute LEAST you could do is contribute a few pages. I can't find your userpage anywhere. I can't really make you an admin until you do that.
delet609hw6bn3296
Intermediate Vorarephile

swallowed whole wiki

Postby twlightking » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:54 am

there is currently a swallowed whole wiki that is very barren. if anyone would like to add to this here is the link.

http://swallowed-whole.wikia.com/wiki/S ... Whole_Wiki

keep in mind they only want soft vore not hard vore. male and female prey is allowed.
twlightking
Somewhat familiar

Re: swallowed whole wiki

Postby Nobodyman » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:35 am

Yep, I actually founded the website a few months ago. I also posted a thread for it here:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=48335

As twilightking said, there hasn't been a whole lot of traffic on it, but everyone is welcome to make contributions to it if they wish. You don't need a wiki account to make changes and the pages don't even necessarily have to follow the format I've set up, just as long as we get some more expansion (ha ha) to the site.
Nobodyman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: swallowed whole wiki

Postby MrSinister1990 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:47 am

Hardly anything on there though
MrSinister1990
Intermediate Vorarephile

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion