What would happen if someone went through the intestines?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

What would happen if someone went through the intestines?

Postby Nyseron » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:12 pm

Specifically alive.
From what I understand the way food is digested involves the stomach acids reducing it to a thick sludge called "chyme".
The chyme travels through the intestines, all the way the liquids and nutrients are sucked out of it.
Finally when the process is over, the only thing left is feces, which is the stuff the body wouldn't absorb.
Vore usually stays true to this idea (with exceptions, obviously) by having the prey perish in the stomach acid and be melted down.
But what if a prey that hadn't been melted down into chyme went through the intestines alive?

Would it have no effect because they aren't a thick sludge or would they have the nutrients sucked out nonetheless, resulting in their own body painfully being converted into feces?
Nyseron
New to the forum

Re: What would happen if someone went through the intestines

Postby LuluBoxFox » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:47 pm

Well it would depend on the prey in question and just how digested they where by the stomach but if we are assuming a strong human prey who has not been even slightly digested then no they would pass through the intestines pretty unharmed.
As the intestines absorb nutrients via expansive absorptive tissue which requires to nutrients to be atleast semi liquid. So in the situation of something solid coming thru does arise it wold go thru fine. we can already see that in the form of sweetcorn sometimes not being digested
LuluBoxFox
Been posting for a bit

Postby slug01 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:55 pm

Connorcreeper wrote:Well it would depend on the prey in question and just how digested they where by the stomach but if we are assuming a strong human prey who has not been even slightly digested then no they would pass through the intestines pretty unharmed.
As the intestines absorb nutrients via expansive absorptive tissue which requires to nutrients to be atleast semi liquid. So in the situation of something solid coming thru does arise it wold go thru fine. we can already see that in the form of sweetcorn sometimes not being digested

Wow!! Not everyday you get a two for one question and answer. The reason you wouldn't digest in the intestines and why there's corn in your poo. Vorephiles are the most scientific of all fetishists.
slug01
Participator

Postby LuluBoxFox » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:11 pm

slug01 wrote:
Connorcreeper wrote:Well it would depend on the prey in question and just how digested they where by the stomach but if we are assuming a strong human prey who has not been even slightly digested then no they would pass through the intestines pretty unharmed.

Wow!! Not everyday you get a two for one question and answer. The reason you wouldn't digest in the intestines and why there's corn in your poo. Vorephiles are the most scientific of all fetishists.

Lol true, although its mainly from my training in animal and human biology which helps with my understanding x3
LuluBoxFox
Been posting for a bit

Postby xwrath » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:42 pm

The person would get damaged, intestines have even more digestive enzymes than stomach, and they are the mainly responsible for digestion (the acid is there to create the optimal ph for the enzyme), it's hard to say how damaged tho, but should be at least 3rd degree burns, also the reason why corn isn't digested is humans can't digest cellulose , so if you don't chew properly you'll see it almost intact.
Last edited by xwrath on Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awkward guy, so may not answer due to not knowing what should I say...
If I ever help you, don't need to credit me
[Bad english alert!]
xwrath
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby LuluBoxFox » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:04 pm

yes but for chemical digestion to start it needs some physical for the main part
LuluBoxFox
Been posting for a bit

Postby xwrath » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:23 pm

The enzymes would still be active, that's why I said it'd be like burns, since physical digestion wouldn't be able to mix the person and enzymes, the would act from outside to inside, with the time the person stays inside, it should be enough for this damage, there would still be a corpse left
[Bad english alert!]
xwrath
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nanakra » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:23 pm

Here, let me google that for you...

Here is a delightful video that was made by national geographic on the digestive system about four years ago.
It goes over the basics. I'm sure you can guess at what would happen to a solid non-digested prey if it were in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QYwscALNng
Where to find me - My Link Tree | Discord: Nanakra#6922

On the development team for: Predator's Coliseum An RPG Maker vore game
nanakra
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby xwrath » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:34 pm

nanakra wrote:Here, let me google that for you...

Here is a delightful video that was made by national geographic on the digestive system about four years ago.
It goes over the basics. I'm sure you can guess at what would happen to a solid non-digested prey if it were in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QYwscALNng

It doesn't contradicts what I've said, the person would get burns, due to the proteases from pancreas intestines themselves, if the greasy coating our skin have was still intact it would be removed by bile, which works like detergent, than proteases would act on skin for the time the person is on small intestines, causing the burns, since human body is solid, this digestives juices would be able to act only over skin.
[Bad english alert!]
xwrath
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:53 am

I definitely agree that the person wouldn't be completely intact. When someone gets indigestion, it's not like the food comes out the other end completely intact (or at least not that I heard of). Only materials that completely resist the enzymes like plastic would make it out as if nothing happened (aside from being dirty). Skin and flesh are composed of proteins and stuff which digestive tracts are made to break down. It would just be inefficient in this case so you would be able to tell a human was swallowed when it comes out the other end.
Jayezox
---

Postby TETRO » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:25 am

From this site I found a brief overview of chemical digestion: https://www.boundless.com/physiology/textbooks/boundless-anatomy-and-physiology-textbook/digestive-system-23/chemical-digestion-224/chemical-digestion-of-carbohydrates-proteins-lipids-and-nucleic-acids-1104-1171/

To quote this source:

"Protein digestion occurs in the stomach and the duodenum through the action of three main enzymes: pepsin, secreted by the stomach, and trypsin and chymotrypsin, secreted by the pancreas.

During carbohydrate digestion the bonds between glucose molecules are broken by salivary and pancreatic amylase.

The digestion of certain fats begins in the mouth, where short-chain lipids break down into diglycerides because of lingual lipase. The fat present in the small intestine stimulates the release of lipase from the pancreas, and bile from the liver enables the breakdown of fats into fatty acids.

DNA and RNA are broken down into mononucleotides by the nucleases deoxyribonuclease and ribonuclease (DNase and RNase) that are released by the pancreas."

We'll say that the prey is a micro human to keep things simple here. As the prey, the main things to worry about are anything involving the breaking down of proteins. These are a huge part of of the structure (especially the outer structure) of the human body. Carbs and fats, not so much. The purpose of the stomach is more or less to make sure you have a more uniform, sloppy consistency so that all the enzymes and bile and work on you evenly. If you managed to avoid the stomach, I can imagine that you could still take some damage. Your predator would just be missing out on some of the good stuff from your insides.

Right after the stomach is the duodenum, which is the tunnel directly leading to the small intestine. It's where all of the chemicals from your liver, gall bladder, and pancreas squirt their enzymes and chemicals. I'm sure there's going to be some leftover acids from the stomach as well. The chemicals, like bile, that solubilize and break down fats, could definable cause some damage to the membranes of your skin cells if they soaked in enough (think about what prolonged exposure to detergent does to your skin). Then you have to consider the other enzymes that are going to break down your proteins even here after the stomach.

I thin that while it would be much more efficient for your pred to break you down in their stomach, you could certainly be at least partially digested if you skipped straight to the duodenum.
"Be polite,
be professional,
but have a plan to eat everyone you meet."

-The Predator's Handbook
TETRO
Participator

Postby Nyseron » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:26 pm

TETRO wrote:From this site I found a brief overview of chemical digestion: https://www.boundless.com/physiology/textbooks/boundless-anatomy-and-physiology-textbook/digestive-system-23/chemical-digestion-224/chemical-digestion-of-carbohydrates-proteins-lipids-and-nucleic-acids-1104-1171/

To quote this source:

"Protein digestion occurs in the stomach and the duodenum through the action of three main enzymes: pepsin, secreted by the stomach, and trypsin and chymotrypsin, secreted by the pancreas.

During carbohydrate digestion the bonds between glucose molecules are broken by salivary and pancreatic amylase.

The digestion of certain fats begins in the mouth, where short-chain lipids break down into diglycerides because of lingual lipase. The fat present in the small intestine stimulates the release of lipase from the pancreas, and bile from the liver enables the breakdown of fats into fatty acids.

DNA and RNA are broken down into mononucleotides by the nucleases deoxyribonuclease and ribonuclease (DNase and RNase) that are released by the pancreas."

We'll say that the prey is a micro human to keep things simple here. As the prey, the main things to worry about are anything involving the breaking down of proteins. These are a huge part of of the structure (especially the outer structure) of the human body. Carbs and fats, not so much. The purpose of the stomach is more or less to make sure you have a more uniform, sloppy consistency so that all the enzymes and bile and work on you evenly. If you managed to avoid the stomach, I can imagine that you could still take some damage. Your predator would just be missing out on some of the good stuff from your insides.

Right after the stomach is the duodenum, which is the tunnel directly leading to the small intestine. It's where all of the chemicals from your liver, gall bladder, and pancreas squirt their enzymes and chemicals. I'm sure there's going to be some leftover acids from the stomach as well. The chemicals, like bile, that solubilize and break down fats, could definable cause some damage to the membranes of your skin cells if they soaked in enough (think about what prolonged exposure to detergent does to your skin). Then you have to consider the other enzymes that are going to break down your proteins even here after the stomach.

I thin that while it would be much more efficient for your pred to break you down in their stomach, you could certainly be at least partially digested if you skipped straight to the duodenum.

That's definately the best answer. Thanks!
Nyseron
New to the forum

Postby NightWolf » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:09 am

I wonder how tight they would be? A stomach is always assumed to be large (for prey), but intestines would surely be tight to pass through
I may be on the side of angels, but do not mistake me for one.
NightWolf
Participator

Postby hernextmeal » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:40 am

So are we just ignoring the whole thing where the prey dies due to heat stroke and lack of oxygen?
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:43 am

hernextmeal wrote:So are we just ignoring the whole thing where the prey dies due to heat stroke and lack of oxygen?

If the prey passed the stomach alive this is assumed to be ruled out. The question is more about if the intestines would digest the prey even if it passed through the stomach in one piece.
Jayezox
---

Postby Nyseron » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:46 pm

hernextmeal wrote:So are we just ignoring the whole thing where the prey dies due to heat stroke and lack of oxygen?

Welcome to the world of vore.
Nyseron
New to the forum

Postby XDDX » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:50 pm

As far as I know (about how digestion works, not this particular example) nothing (other than death through lack of oxygen) would happen to the prey. The pred might have a digestion problem depending on the size of the prey.
XDDX
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Emi » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:17 am

I dislike the idea of the prey getting through intestines ALIVE and here are some reasons why. First and main one: the prey is mostly made of proteins and some fat. Applying some gastroenterology knowledge I'd say that protein digestion requires acid and proteolytic enzyms (pepsin, gastricine, gelatinase, etc. ) which are active in acid only. Intestines mostly have alkaline medium which is good for digesting fats and carbohydrates. Unfortunately this does not mean that intestinal juices will not hurt the prey and the prey will survive. There's no oxygen to breath, but much stinky gases which are unfit for breathing, so the prey will die fast in any case.
This all means that, if meat was not normally digested in the stomach, further it will not be converted into aminoacids, but will just rot. Not a good perspective. So, for those who wants to survive the intestines, you better use special protective suits and oxygen balloons.

By the way, I adore intestines and I love to see the prey remains passing through intestines and slowly turning into feces.
ImageImage
Emi
???

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:44 pm

I agree with Emi. I get around the problem with the kwurdāin spell in the setting in which I'm currently writing stories. (See blatant plug below.) Even with heavy protection, an undigested critter is likely to cause a bowel blockage, or at least considerable gastrointestinal distress for the predator.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion