Is Pouch Vore Sometimes Considered a Form of Unbirth.

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Is Pouch Vore Sometimes Considered a Form of Unbirth.

Postby Tornadochaser1 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:59 pm

So, I've read a lot of stories where prey of marsupials, mostly kangaroos, get stuffed in the pouch and there they have one of two things happen:

1. The prey gets absorbed, somehow becoming a hearty meal for a Kangaroo, which usually revolves around the male Kangaroos who have pouches, oddly.

2. They are transformed into a joey while they are trapped inside the sealed pouch. Course this is usually associated with the female Kangroos, from what I have read.

With scenario 2, I'd like to ask, is pouch vore considered a form of unbirth? Or is it just a transformation?

I'd like to hear your opinions. Let me know.
Tornadochaser1
Participator

Re: Is Pouch Vore Sometimes Considered a Form of Unbirth.

Postby Doku » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:29 pm

Pouch Vore is Pouch Vore. Marsupials do not give birth out of their pouches, so nothing is being unbirthed. A 'joey' crawls into the pouch and finishes developing there, but it is not the point of gestation and birth, and not associated with the reproductive act.

There are similarities in terms of the content of potential scenes between one and the other, but they are still different locations. That said, thank you for engendering the topic, as it notes for me an odd variety that would simply never be remotely comfortable involving myself with as a rule, much like UB. The content is too close, for the very reasons I am unable to do UB scenes, despite not being the same thing.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tornadochaser1 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:51 pm

Latroma wrote:Pouch Vore is Pouch Vore. Marsupials do not give birth out of their pouches, so nothing is being unbirthed. A 'joey' crawls into the pouch and finishes developing there, but it is not the point of gestation and birth, and not associated with the reproductive act.

There are similarities in terms of the content of potential scenes between one and the other, but they are still different locations. That said, thank you for engendering the topic, as it notes for me an odd variety that would simply never be remotely comfortable involving myself with as a rule, much like UB. The content is too close, for the very reasons I am unable to do UB scenes, despite not being the same thing.

Well, only reason I asked is if pouch vore could be considered a form of unbirth, is because I've read unbirth stories and seen unbirth art pieces where the unbirthee is transformed in the womb, be it just a baby to a human woman or transformed into a cub/pup to another animal species, and then I've read stories and seen art where the prey stuffed into the pouch is transfromed into a baby joey during their captivity in the pouch, so that's where I was wondering if Pouch Vore is sometimes considered unbirth, but you bring up a pretty good point on the matter and that's why I was asking.
Tornadochaser1
Participator

Postby Cowrie » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:59 pm

I sort of like the idea of pouch vore being more akin to breast vore, though I've never actually found pouch vore involving the nipples and/or milk production. I may be weird, but for me I think this stems from the dilemma I used to have about female anthro marsupials having both boobs and pouches, until I learned some female marsupials have two types of nipples.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby CalinBeast » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:03 pm

I would think of pouch vore as one of the obscure sub-catagories of vore, such as tail vore, breast vore, etc...
CalinBeast
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cowrie » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:48 pm

CalinBeast wrote:I would think of pouch vore as one of the obscure sub-catagories of vore, such as tail vore, breast vore, etc...

Oh, definitely, though I don't think breast vore really counts as very obscure. However, since it's both a developmental chamber for young and the location of nipples, it seems natural for it to overlap with BV and UB a bit.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby Doku » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:53 am

Tornadochaser1 wrote:Well, only reason I asked is if pouch vore could be considered a form of unbirth, is because I've read unbirth stories and seen unbirth art pieces where the unbirthee is transformed in the womb, be it just a baby to a human woman or transformed into a cub/pup to another animal species, and then I've read stories and seen art where the prey stuffed into the pouch is transfromed into a baby joey during their captivity in the pouch, so that's where I was wondering if Pouch Vore is sometimes considered unbirth, but you bring up a pretty good point on the matter and that's why I was asking.

It is transformation-adoption, but at that point you're really getting into very particular, thin details. Better to just leave the concepts as separate. It isn't a womb, so it doesn't need to be treated as one, even though it is a 'similar' sort of play.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby night22 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:40 am

I mean a pouch is like a bag, so it'd be akin to putting something inside your pocket. If you really want to get weird you can just do what you like, like those people who get off to furniture "vore".
night22
Advanced Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion