Does Non-fatal bore you?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Does Non-fatal bore you?

Postby VelveteenDreams » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:55 am

I feel like the only purpose of this is to be very a tongue-in-cheek answer to another recent thread.
~Respect Everybody~
VelveteenDreams
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby fixated1 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:28 am

While I have a slight preference for fatal, it's not a requirement. For me the fantasy is pretty much over after the prey is swallowed.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Garwood » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:06 am

Kirah wrote:
Garwood wrote:Yeah, since I heavily prefer fatal vore. Vore for me is more a dominance/submission thing than a romantic thing.

Dominance can also be expressed through non-fatal, though. The dominance/submission part is also part of the appeal for me, I guess.

To me at least, eating someone and then digesting them is the ultimate form of domination. The pred is 100% forcing that other being into submission to be nothing more than nutrients for their body. Flip side a willing prey knowing they will become just that, nutrients, is the ultimate form of submission.
Garwood
Been posting for a bit

Postby coop500 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:08 am

Xenenderson11 wrote:I feel like the only purpose of this is to be very a tongue-in-cheek answer to another recent thread.

I can't say what people will end up turning it into, but it was created to see the differences between answers, at least that's why reason.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby TheHungryELf » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:10 am

Heh, funny how most people like fatal vore as a dominance thing... yet they don't take in consideration the fact that murdering someone is seen as... well, wrong. Not of offend anyone or something, but while vore is a fantasy thing, I still kinda wanna take things in a somewhat... realistic way how characters react. If someone swallows another person and kills and digests them, the moment someone learns that happens, they'll flat out call the cops and the pred will be arrested, yet most people don't even imply this. Yeah, I can see things like evil overlords and demons and a huge group of evil folk, but most preds I see are predicted as normal people, normal women in fact living in a normal world. Not to be a total jerkwad here, but... that would not happen if people reacted normally.
TheHungryELf
???

Postby todomatsu » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:19 pm

Willing prey mixed with non-fatal vore bores me heavily. I can dig it when it's an unwilling prey though, especially if the prey is just toyed around with after the vore, like some sort of toy.
todomatsu
Somewhat familiar

Postby Humbug » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:44 pm

TheHungryELf wrote:Heh, funny how most people like fatal vore as a dominance thing... yet they don't take in consideration the fact that murdering someone is seen as... well, wrong. Not of offend anyone or something, but while vore is a fantasy thing, I still kinda wanna take things in a somewhat... realistic way how characters react. If someone swallows another person and kills and digests them, the moment someone learns that happens, they'll flat out call the cops and the pred will be arrested, yet most people don't even imply this. Yeah, I can see things like evil overlords and demons and a huge group of evil folk, but most preds I see are predicted as normal people, normal women in fact living in a normal world. Not to be a total jerkwad here, but... that would not happen if people reacted normally.

Please don't assume that we don't take "murder is seen as wrong" into consideration. I can't speak for everybody, but part of the fun for me is taking that into consideration and then downplaying it. Some people get a kick from outright rejecting it. Like, in my work, someone might call the cops, but the cops will just roll their eyes and go through the motions, taking any excuse the predator might make at face value just because they can't be bothered.
Alternatively, it's also fun to just make the vore happen in private, and then no one really pays attention to the giant lump in the pred's midsection when they finally decide to go out into the world.

As I said in my previous response, we all have our realism boundaries. Yours seems to be more on the social side, and mine is more on the biological side.
Humbug
---

Postby Aviannapper » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:56 pm

coop500 wrote:Does Non-fatal bore you?

No! Non-fatal and pre-vore is fun for me! :idea:
Aviannapper
Participator

Postby vitoris » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:04 am

Non-fatal isn't an instant turn off, but more often for not it ends up losing my interest. I like vore, not endosoma, and to me, the biggest part of vore is the fact that you're eating someone. What happens to things you eat? Well you digest them of course, so eating someone and not having them be digested just feels so incomplete on a primal level. I can deal with fatal vore that isn't permanent, like reformation, but chances are that if it doesn't involve digestion, I'm not going to care for it very much.
vitoris
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ghrelin » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:02 am

vitoris wrote:Non-fatal isn't an instant turn off, but more often for not it ends up losing my interest. I like vore, not endosoma, and to me, the biggest part of vore is the fact that you're eating someone. What happens to things you eat? Well you digest them of course, so eating someone and not having them be digested just feels so incomplete on a primal level. I can deal with fatal vore that isn't permanent, like reformation, but chances are that if it doesn't involve digestion, I'm not going to care for it very much.

this is pretty much exactly what i was going to say. i can enjoy "friendlier" stuff; sometimes i even seek it out... but usually, if i'm looking for vore, i'm not looking for endo. that's not to say non-fatal can't be done in a way that still gives me the vore vibes i'm looking for, but it is a little harder to find.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Thatonepred » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:05 am

I can enjoy non-fatal, but it is a bit harder to pull off as a decent concept, thanks to the lack of digestion. Creatively speaking though, you can do a WHOLE lot more with it, if you've the mind for it.
Everyone dies. Few live forever. Neither apply to Me.

Consumam ergo sum
Thatonepred
Somewhat familiar

Postby doltonutani » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:26 am

Yep completely kills vore for me. Has to be fatal but also willing for it to have impact for me.
doltonutani
Been posting for a bit

Postby htfcuddles » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:39 am

Yes. I love fatal vore, even better if it includes digestion and the death is explicit and graphic, and nonfatal stuff is pretty boring and tasteless for me.
rawr ♥
htfcuddles
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gone » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:32 pm

It ruins it for me. I know vore is already stretching the limits of realism to begin with, fatal vore adds that real, visceral detail to it that you don't get with 'oh gobble me up bby I love being in your stomach'
Gone
Somewhat familiar

Postby CyaNekite » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:23 am

Non-fatal vore doesn't bore me per say. More it serves an entirely different purpose.

Non-fatal is for cute bonding and feel-good vibes, while lethal serves much more of a power dynamic, incorporating dom/sub and sadomasochism in a delicious blend. It also feels a bit more legitimate, more... "realistic" if that word can even apply here. There's finality to it.

TLDR: Non-fatal is cute and fun, fatal is exciting and visceral.
CyaNekite
New to the forum

Postby StopherTanuki » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:53 pm

I very much like non fatal. Endo is very pleasant, like Mpreg without the commitment.

I only do digestion with Reformation or Regen anyway.
:gulp:
StopherTanuki
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ixtili » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:19 pm

Depends, entirely on the story or artist. While I gravitate towards F/F fatal unwilling prey, willing predator + romantic vore + soul absorbtion. Almost anything that explores the key concepts I like in vore can get my rocks off. Like domination, submission, the expressions of the prey and pred, the dynamic, the way they're drawn or written. If they're drawn or written in a way that reaches me then it doesn't matter so much if it ticks all my boxes. So long as it doesn't tick off any of my outright turn offs.

And boring wouldn't quite be the word I'd use if it didn't click, unsatisfying maybe, but it's still a story about someone usually nonchanlantly eating someone else. It's very difficult to make something that bizarre boring perhaps even more so if the fetish goggles aren't working. :wink:
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby WHTB » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:04 pm

Yup. Vastly prefer fatal vore.
WHTB
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby maraudingmarauder » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:25 pm

People like different things.

I'm fine with people liking different things, but the moment they start being assholes about it in either direction is the moment it becomes a problem.
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby coop500 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:54 pm

maraudingmarauder wrote:People like different things.

I'm fine with people liking different things, but the moment they start being assholes about it in either direction is the moment it becomes a problem.

I haven't seen anyone being rude quite yet, on these two threads I mean. But I know what you mean, I hate to see people hating on each other and their prefs just because they don't agree.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion