Does Non-fatal bore you?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Does Non-fatal bore you?

Postby Rhysion » Wed May 03, 2017 10:10 am

Latroma wrote:Bore? No.

Trigger? Frequently, yes. Non-fatal (even if only implied with a FTB at the end of the scene) drags the content well outside of my comfort zones 99% of the time, and into territory where it is treated as affectionate, loving, normalized and consenting. Only in rare cases of non-consented imprisonment do I find myself comfortable enough to play the material out any longer, and that's extremely unusual. While a certain "Dark, twisted seduction" is fine (as I do play a succubus character frequently), anything more affectionate than that tends to wig me out almost immediately. I find the notion of "Non-Fatal" play that is intentionally non-fatal to be unpleasant, extremely disconcerting and on frequent occasions very disturbing. I sometimes have to mute participants in open chat if I find it's getting to me.

And, while my issues with AV and CV both eventually faded years and years ago, this preference against non-fatal play has only become more firmly entrenched with me over the last decade. I just am not comfortable playing it out. I'm not bored by it. It freaks me out.

The notion of nonconsenual imprisonment certainly can be a fate worse than death. Being constrained in a place like a non-fatal stomach only makes things worse too. Limited space, heat and wetness, total darkness, constant noise, and being frequently tossed about would not be so great in certain contexts. I know what you mean.
Rhysion
Somewhat familiar

Postby coop500 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:14 am

Rhysion wrote:

Trigger? Frequently, yes. Non-fatal (even if only implied with a FTB at the end of the scene) drags the content well outside of my comfort zones 99% of the time, and into territory where it is treated as affectionate, loving, normalized and consenting. Only in rare cases of non-consented imprisonment do I find myself comfortable enough to play the material out any longer, and that's extremely unusual. While a certain "Dark, twisted seduction" is fine (as I do play a succubus character frequently), anything more affectionate than that tends to wig me out almost immediately. I find the notion of "Non-Fatal" play that is intentionally non-fatal to be unpleasant, extremely disconcerting and on frequent occasions very disturbing. I sometimes have to mute participants in open chat if I find it's getting to me.

And, while my issues with AV and CV both eventually faded years and years ago, this preference against non-fatal play has only become more firmly entrenched with me over the last decade. I just am not comfortable playing it out. I'm not bored by it. It freaks me out.

The notion of nonconsenual imprisonment certainly can be a fate worse than death. Being constrained in a place like a non-fatal stomach only makes things worse too. Limited space, heat and wetness, total darkness, constant noise, and being frequently tossed about would not be so great in certain contexts. I know what you mean.

That's what I thought she meant originally, but she did say "Only in rare cases of non-consented imprisonment do I find myself comfortable enough to play the material out any longer." perhaps I am just reading it wrong, but I think she's saying the nicer side of non-fatal is what bothers her. But if I am wrong someone may correct me.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Rhysion » Wed May 03, 2017 10:40 am

coop500 wrote:That's what I thought she meant originally, but she did say "Only in rare cases of non-consented imprisonment do I find myself comfortable enough to play the material out any longer." perhaps I am just reading it wrong, but I think she's saying the nicer side of non-fatal is what bothers her. But if I am wrong someone may correct me.

I think you are right in that darker themed things are better, but as a whole, non-fatal can go into some pretty bad places too. If both parties let them that is. I suppose my take is that sometimes the release of death really might be preferable in certain circumstances, compared to a potentially torturous existence in a belly. Sentience can be a curse on occasion!
Rhysion
Somewhat familiar

Postby coop500 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:46 am

Well saying that it is better is a matter of opinions. But I am just focused on what she is meaning. I mean I think most of us know long term or forever imprisonent can indeed be worse then death.
coop500
???

Postby Rhysion » Wed May 03, 2017 10:52 am

coop500 wrote:Well saying that it is better is a matter of opinions. But I am just focused on what she is meaning. I mean I think most of us know long term or forever imprisonent can indeed be worse then death.

Better to her. I did not mean to imply that as a whole.
Rhysion
Somewhat familiar

Postby DragonPrey3200 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:49 am

Does it BORE me? Not really. I like non-fatal vore, but I'm still a bigger fan of fatal vore. Especially when the prey is unwilling and the pred is casual about eating the prey. Like they're just another snack to them. My neko character is fatal and non-fatal. When it's a friend that she has eaten, she'll normally digest them, but just reform them afterwards. When it's some stranger, she digests them permanently. It kinda depends, but for the most part, I'm more on the side of fatal.
When in doubt, conquer Poland.
DragonPrey3200
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ladre » Wed May 03, 2017 12:22 pm

nope, don't bore me

tough i only like regular vore, not these...fancy ones...i find weird and odd...and bizarre
ladre
Participator

Postby Doku » Wed May 03, 2017 12:28 pm

Erastus wrote:

Now, this is interesting. I have seen people have that kind of response to fatal, which while i don't share that feeling, i was able to understand why because what it involves tends to be (and is portrayed as) very unpleasant for at least one party involved. Nonfatal is usually the opposite. I do see some issues with unwilling nonfatal, depending on how it's portrayed, but I don't think i've ever seen anyone say they were triggered by nonfatal overall, especially willing.
You don't have to explain further if it's uncomfortable, but I am really curious about what makes it upsetting/disturbing to you, since I usually hear it the other way around.

To answer several sets of questions at once:

I am a macabre/horror fetishist, not a vore fetishist per se. Someone getting eaten is merely a way to get to what I desire. However, I have always viewed this fetish and 'vore to be paraphilia and very actively so: Practices that are abnormal and characterized by extreme and dangerous behavior. I am not aroused if the behavior is not dangerous, and if it is treated as normalized or an attempt is made to make it feel less horrific, I become intensely bothered. It is not normal for a person to swallow another person whole. Screaming as you die in digestive juices isn't normal, and it's certainly not healthy. A normal person does not seek to perform an act that should, by all accounts, qualify as suicidal and so unless the prey is mentally deranged, willing is almost always triggery to me. Much of Non-Lethal vore that is not intentionally torturous (and therefore usually either demented somehow or unwilling) triggers me because I cannot help but perceive it as an attempt to normalize 'vore as a behavior that is not a paraphilia.

Anything that attempts to portray 'vore as not a paraphilia causes an intense and negative reaction in me. Someone mentioned "Fates worse than death," and that's fine for me. Because "Fate worse than Death" = "Bad experience, something to avoid" and is not treated as a desirable thing. It is treated as basically a horrible situation to be avoided. It is less that it is 'non-fatal' that expressly bothers me. It is any content that attempts to treat 'vore as non-paraphilia, as normalized, or somehow desirable to a person that does not have a clear-cut screw loose. And yes, I'm aware that this may not be a popular way to approach it, but I can never be comfortable in an RP where something is done that makes 'vore less of a "Why would anyone allow this to be done to themselves without kicking and screaming?" Non-Lethal tends to fall very clearly into that category unless it's a particular variety.

One could argue that it is a "Suspension of Disbelief" issue at its core, but it's also one that can lead to me "noping out" of scenes because the suspension is too hard for me, and causes the scene to become very uncomfortable. If my mind cannot wrap around a logical reason 'why' characters are partaking in a scenario as described, I won't be able to do it.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Doku » Wed May 03, 2017 12:33 pm

Rhysion wrote:
coop500 wrote:That's what I thought she meant originally, but she did say "Only in rare cases of non-consented imprisonment do I find myself comfortable enough to play the material out any longer." perhaps I am just reading it wrong, but I think she's saying the nicer side of non-fatal is what bothers her. But if I am wrong someone may correct me.

I think you are right in that darker themed things are better, but as a whole, non-fatal can go into some pretty bad places too. If both parties let them that is. I suppose my take is that sometimes the release of death really might be preferable in certain circumstances, compared to a potentially torturous existence in a belly. Sentience can be a curse on occasion!

No, Coop managed to pin it down closer. "Nice Vore" triggers me as a rule. If it is not a horrible action on some level, or if there is not something clearly wrong with what is happening, I tend to become at best disinterested and at worst legitimately wigged out. Darker themes are the only territory, however they are played out, that I am universally comfortable in.

Oh, and not that this is especially important, but it is "He." The icon is of my primary character, Samantha, but I am not her. Quite male.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby coop500 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:07 pm

I do not wish to judge or anything, I can almost understand but not quite, but I also am not sure how to feel about it, as I am a non-fatal only fan and of the softer side of it all. I may be taking it too deeply but it almost seems you think I am doing something evil or wrong?
coop500
???

Postby Rhysion » Wed May 03, 2017 5:01 pm

Latroma wrote:Macabre....

Ah, I see! That is an odd but neat interest. What sorts of other specific sorts of things might you include in vore roleplaying, if I may ask?
Rhysion
Somewhat familiar

Postby Doku » Wed May 03, 2017 5:24 pm

coop500 wrote:I do not wish to judge or anything, I can almost understand but not quite, but I also am not sure how to feel about it, as I am a non-fatal only fan and of the softer side of it all. I may be taking it too deeply but it almost seems you think I am doing something evil or wrong?

Long as you aren't actually trying to eat someone or get eaten in real life, it's pixels on a screen and fantasies on a page. I get annoyed at the attempts to normalize vore as a fetish because I think nothing good will come of it, and that it isn't something you can actually normalize, but I don't know that I would attach "Right or Wrong" as moral compass choices when we're speaking of fictional characters in written fiction, outside of the most absolute senses of lust/sin and the like, but in that case all such acts fall into that category.

I don't generally feel that your fantasies are 'wrong,' no. I am not, however, able to dispense the disbelief I feel in a person being willingly eaten and do not enjoy experiences where people try to craft scenarios or settings that make it viable. That suspension of disbelief issue is enough to 'wig me out' and cause me to be unable to participate in a scene at all.

But, at the end of the day, it's words on a page. I'm not attaching more judgment to it than that.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Doku » Wed May 03, 2017 5:25 pm

Rhysion wrote:
Latroma wrote:Macabre....

Ah, I see! That is an odd but neat interest. What sorts of other specific sorts of things might you include in vore roleplaying, if I may ask?

I am an extremely big fan of using Cooking as public humiliation and torture for one. Detailed, long, very slow and agonizing cooking sequences for example. But anything further, I'll leave for your imagination. We're not really hear to speak about that further.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby coop500 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:11 am

Ahh okay, I am glad I asked instead of assumed. My apologies for all the questions, thank you for sharing your thoughts on the subject. It was quite interesting.
coop500
???

Postby IzzyAxel » Fri May 05, 2017 4:41 am

At the first sign that something is going to be non fatal or consensual, my interest is dead. (unlike the character being ingested hurr hurr) My interest in vore is similar to Latroma's, I crave the horror aspect of the act and the detailed aftermath. I really enjoy shifted reality in general, Kafka-esque worlds and situations, where something isn't quite right, be it the way people respond to an action, or the broader concepts of logic itself, which integrates very well with vore imo. I've loved that sort of stuff from a young age, which is probably why I got interested in vore after seeing some mainstream media depictions of it.

My taste in vore has changed significantly over the past 18 years I've been into it though, it was pretty tame until recently. It originally was the physical form of the predator after they ate someone, then knowing another living, sentient being was inside them and how primal the act was, then the peril of the situation without the conclusion, and now it's the whole process "end to end" in grotesque detail. :P I also need a grounding in reality, to be able to have a suspension of disbelief, which unsurprisingly, gets totally steamrolled by non-fatal. Non-con I don't find relates to this, it's just a preference and every once in a while I enjoy a consensual vore story. It's rare though, and I don't get the same type of enjoyment from it. Also related, the pred needs to be on the "aesthetically challenging" side, or preferably straight up monstrous, and typically non-human. And M/M. I'd say I'm a black sheep on this site. :D
IzzyAxel
New to the forum

Postby fixated1 » Fri May 05, 2017 5:57 pm

As much as I usually like fatal I have a couple non fatal fantasies I love.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby PrettyUniqueKink » Sat May 06, 2017 6:11 am

For me, fatal and non-fatal both have their specific needs that both play out. For fatal, it is dominance, and non-fatal, it usually is nurturing or protection. I prefer fatal, but NF has to benefit the pred in some way for it to work for me, whether it is a symbiotic relationship (for example the 'prey' is more a parasite that can offer something in exchange for a home.) or a reason for the pred to consume but not digest (like the "Introduction to Vore" comic here, it was sensible enough to work) or else there's no reason for the pred to go through with it.
PrettyUniqueKink
Been posting for a bit

Postby RedTornado » Sat May 06, 2017 10:44 pm

Non-fatal bores me. For me, a huge part of vore is domiantion, and if there isn't a consequence then it loses it's charm, unless its a romantic setting.
RP Seeking Thread : viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30400
RedTornado
Participator

Postby Kitsouille » Sun May 07, 2017 7:52 pm

Yes and no. I usually stop minding vore after the prey is done sliding down the esophagus so what happens after that is trivial but I still like the implication that the preys are being digested. In another words I like it more when a pred eat people in their diet and it feels off that they wouldn't die after doing a full tour of a system meant to break stuff apart, or that they would escape the stomach or be thrown up by the pred. I shouldn't mind but it's a little detail.
Kitsouille
???

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue May 09, 2017 2:31 pm

Bore is a big word... I'd only say I find it a bit harder to make it feel interesting. The solution that seems to work best is, telling the prey that it's fatal although it ends up never actually being fatal for some reason... most exciting way of being trapped in a belly indefinitely.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion