Does Non-fatal bore you?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Does Non-fatal bore you?

Postby deadpoolfan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:50 pm

I'm not entirely against it, but i definitely enjoy fatal waaaaay more. This is mostly just cause im into it, but also because it just never seems to end properly. I used to be more into it, but now i'm massively in favor of fatal.
deadpoolfan
---

Postby Kligor » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:55 pm

I have a really shitty sense of prefs so when it comes to non-fatal I love it alongside unwilling stuff for the domination. Cause its like "You arent even moving without my permission" cause I just... I dont see the appeal in just "Hey Im gonna kill you now" even if theres reformation or something. It jsut feels a little too far for me. I do digestion sometimes when I get the urge but its never really been a thing I liked doing too much. I guess its just me but I see non-fatal as a bit more dommy since you can do SO much more in that time to the prey from trying to break their will to simply eating a meal and having them sit in the stewing food. (SOMEHOW not getting digested just cause) :P Buuuut thats just me.
Kligor
Somewhat familiar

Postby HMDVore » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:42 am

yes
Consider supporting me on fanbox: https://hmdvore.fanbox.cc/
HMDVore
Participator

Postby coop500 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:04 am

Wow I was not expecting so many answers! The result of this compared to the other poll is... Interesting, mainly the mannerism. And even the poll inspirer came haha! I'm glad so far everything is civil.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby exploration » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:19 am

yeah pretty much
exploration
New to the forum

Postby Jayezox » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:19 am

No, there's so much to do with non-fatal. With imagination, it can have a purpose and there are so many ways the pred can tease the prey or the other way around even (like tickling the pred). Even if they don't tease each other, they can still enjoy each others company. There are even practical purposes like hiding and transportation.
Jayezox
---

Postby Rhysion » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:52 am

I don't dislike non-fatal vore, rather, it doesn't offer as definite a conclusion to a scenario that fatal does. At least in the context of role-playing. Artwork and fiction are easier to end without digestion. I've run into issues, mostly with my own creativity, of what to do after eating the prey. What do others who enjoy non-fatal like to do at that point? I'm curious to expand knowledge of role-playing.
Rhysion
Somewhat familiar

Postby vintious » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:46 am

Odd. Since no one has the specific fetishism from glancing over posts, it's just a matter of enjoying suffering from forcing someone into an inescapable situation, and just plain keeping them there. An Entrapment fetish alone doesn't require any external force or definitive end to me, just to imply something is forced to suffer in a specific way without reprieve until natural death, whether it's age or soul destruction, length is important, it's the same towards digestion as-is. I hate most non-fatal works as it's only about giving a convenient escape, denying me my fun.

One story was just having a character get sucked into a drain and the other stuck in a ona-hole, nothing was implied over death, but the entrapment aspect was fun.
Disagreeable
vintious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Wolfsage » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:53 am

Not at all, quite the opposite, I really like the idea of the prey remaining trapped inside the stomach of the girl who ate him. Also, I like the idea of the girl going around at her daily life, thinking the boy/girl has been digested, ignorant to the fact that he/she remains alive in their belly.
I really like this concept.
The Sage Wolf of the forest.
Wolfsage
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jaxed » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:15 am

Anal vore that came as a result of face-sitting is like the domination of face-sitting taken to the extreme. Unless face-sitting involves suffocation, it's usually not fatal, so non-fatal av can still be enjoyed from a domination aspect.
Jaxed
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CMPunkBITW434 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:23 am

Nope, not at all. While I don't mind fatal vore (it works great for horror scenarios), I prefer non-fatal. It works well with protective, gentle vore scenarios, but also just as well with unwilling and entrapment. Plus, I'm more about the interactions between the pred and prey leading up to the vore and afterwards. The prey just getting killed, especially with complete ease on the pred's part, can bore me at times. Same for if it's really graphic or the pred is particularly dickish, then I lose interest. :)
CMPunkBITW434
Somewhat familiar

Postby silverspec » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:28 pm

Yes. Yawn
One man's insanity is another man's genius; someday the world will recognize the genius in my insanity.
silverspec
Somewhat familiar

Postby Humbug » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:49 pm

coop500 wrote:Wow I was not expecting so many answers! The result of this compared to the other poll is... Interesting, mainly the mannerism. And even the poll inspirer came haha! I'm glad so far everything is civil.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "mannerism?" I've been trying to figure out what you intended for, like, a day, and it's really bugging me. XD
Humbug
---

Postby Borealis » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:26 pm

Sometimes.

I'm not a fan of non-fatal where the pred is kindly and loving, and the prey is a Gary Stu who is enjoying the whole thing in a consequence-free environment, or magical reformation.

Full tour however, I enjoy it a lot and would argue that it is just as, if not more, humiliating than death by digestion. (Imagine going through that.) It can also be just as dramatic and charged as digestion IMO.

I definitely think non-fatal is misunderstood, a lot of people see the term and just assume it's like the first sentence I described.
Voyager of canine interiors...

In my story gallery, macro feral and anthro fun awaits you...
Borealis
---

Postby YoukaiChan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:40 pm

For me, it depends really.

The thrill of being put in a potentially perilous situation is what appeals to me the most with unwilling/fatal vore. I can enjoy non-fatal scenes if you have something like the following -

- Being eaten IS a fatal outcome, but the prey somehow manages to escape before being digested or even eaten altogether (Commonly seen in media - since a lot of vore works are in the pred's favor I don't get to see it often. X3)
    CalinBeast wrote: I enjoy when the prey is "unwilling", squirming and begging the bigger and stronger pred for mercy. Of course, the pred eats the prey anyway, taunting the prey the whole way down.

Here's where the twist comes in. For the pred and prey, it's all just a game. The prey wants to be eaten, and the pred knows it. The 2 are essentially engaging in a kinky role-play activity. The truth is, the prey is completely safe, without the worry of digestion.

^ This also sums it up pretty well, although for me, willingness of prey may vary. ;)

- Prey doesn't know that they won't be harmed and assumes they will be when eaten - pred plays it off like they are eating them with malicious intent until they pull a "J/K lol you'll be alright I'll let you out later" < Although I'm a little more picky about it.

Borealis wrote:I'm not a fan of non-fatal where the pred is kindly and loving, and the prey is a Gary Stu who is enjoying the whole thing in a consequence-free environment, or magical reformation.

^^ This pretty much takes the word out of my mouth - I have nothing AGAINST fully-consensual safe vore but it doesn't fit what makes it enjoyable for me personally. ^^;;

I also kinda prefer non-fatal vore if it involves canon characters as prey (with a few rare exceptions), but OCs and one-shot prey characters are fair game.

Overall, not my favorite kind, but I can enjoy non-fatal in some circumstances. :)
The Incredible, Edible Catgirl is at your service!(Or...maybe not. D:)
YoukaiChan
Intermediate Vorarephile

Location: NOT being eaten by a dragon (*coughImeansomewhereinQuebec*)

Postby coop500 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:07 am

Humbug wrote:
coop500 wrote:Wow I was not expecting so many answers! The result of this compared to the other poll is... Interesting, mainly the mannerism. And even the poll inspirer came haha! I'm glad so far everything is civil.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "mannerism?" I've been trying to figure out what you intended for, like, a day, and it's really bugging me. XD

Hahah, I'm sorry it's been bugging you! Hopefully I can put your mind at ease.

Now no one take offense, it's just something I noticed and it's not bad. But it seems like digestion people that are bored of endo are more blunt and not afraid to say it, while to me anyway people who were sad about digestion were not as blunt and not as forthcoming. It's nothing big just something I found interesting, and it makes sense.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Humbug » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:31 am

coop500 wrote:Hahah, I'm sorry it's been bugging you! Hopefully I can put your mind at ease.

Now no one take offense, it's just something I noticed and it's not bad. But it seems like digestion people that are bored of endo are more blunt and not afraid to say it, while to me anyway people who were sad about digestion were not as blunt and not as forthcoming. It's nothing big just something I found interesting, and it makes sense.

Ah, okay! Now I understand. And it makes sense, yeah: Kind of a personality thing. Thanks for explaining. :)
Humbug
---

Postby N-Mario » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:33 am

I actually prefer non-fatal vore. So no, it doesn't bore me. I love it even more if it involves cute creatures, and the prey is comfortable being in the pred's belly.
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Postby Jayezox » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:05 am

Rhysion wrote:I don't dislike non-fatal vore, rather, it doesn't offer as definite a conclusion to a scenario that fatal does. At least in the context of role-playing. Artwork and fiction are easier to end without digestion. I've run into issues, mostly with my own creativity, of what to do after eating the prey. What do others who enjoy non-fatal like to do at that point? I'm curious to expand knowledge of role-playing.

Here's a list of what comes off the top of my head:

-tossing the prey around by wiggling, jumping, and even simple motions like walking
-poking and prodding at the belly with the prey inside
-eating and drinking so it rains
-belching
Jayezox
---

Postby FemmiK » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:15 am

This is interesting, as I'm more or less neutral about the actual "fatality" of vore.

Whether it's fatal or not doesn't matter in the end to me, but given my general interests (gluttonous preds, digestion leading to weight gain), it's pretty much a requirement for me to be used to fatal vore. Granted, there are scenarios where non-fatal could work in this type of deal (such as a prey who respawns), but that rarely ever seems to be connected to the general themes I look for.

So generally, I can enjoy both fatal and non-fatal, but given my interests I'm more used to fatality being a part of it.
FemmiK
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion